• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.4.21 - Apr. 20th, 11PM EDT [Done]

Gameboy415

I'm psyched for the Kirby Anniversary stuff and folders on 3DS!
If I can toss all of the game trailers I've downloaded into a folder, I'll be ecstatic.

I wasn't the biggest fan of NSMB on DS, but I loved NSMBWii so I'm cautiously optimistic for NSMB2.
Definitely excited to see the Raccoon cap/tail make a comeback though!!

SmithnCo

They should put Kirby Air Ride in the anniversary thing if they can, I think you can get most of the other big ones by download already anyway.

NSMB2 looks pretty bad. It will be fun, but it doesn't look pretty. Look at those spider webs just floating there. Ah man...

The backgrounds look good, but the foreground tile art still looks like plastic crap.

NeonZ

I don't understand these Kid Icarus videos...is it a patch or something?

At the very least, they clearly show one of the flying levels getting a speed increase and they seemed to say that some of the sensitivity/speed settings were changed. Some of the stuff they showed there was already in the game though, so the American version might already have been somewhat patched... or they just use the opportunity to promote the game more.

botty

Banned
ExZSG.jpg

From NOA Twitter.

The next million seller.

Very happy NSMB2 is being released in August. Will be a great summer game. I was worried they'd save it for November which wouldn't have been good for Wii U launch (and NSMB Mii).

Raccoon Suit in another 2D Mario. Expected, but nice. :D

Exactly, it was a power up that wasn't used for over 20 years until 3DLand, the more Racoon Mario the better I say.

Yes, it's a path. Speeding up one of the flying levels and changing some of the sensitivity/speed settings at least. Some of the stuff they showed there was already in the game though, so the American version might already have been somewhat patched.

Are you just inferring that from the video? Everything in that video was already in the game.

NeonZ

They're showing to raise awareness of the game and what you can do in it.
Cause, clearly, people don't know about the customization.

Wait, what about the speed increase in the video comparison? They showed the same level but with the background clouds flying at different speeds. Was that already in the harder difficulties or something?

Very happy NSMB2 is being released in August. Will be a great summer game. I was worried they'd save it for November which wouldn't have been good for Wii U launch (and NSMB Mii).

Exactly, it was a power up that wasn't used for over 20 years until 3DLand, the more Racoon Mario the better I say.

I'd be very surprised if New Super Mario Bros. Mii is actually coming out. Would they really release two NSMB games within a year?

NeonZ

Showing the different speed in turning when firing or not firing and when the stylus sensitivity is changed.

No, I'm not talking about the sensitivity settings/ground gameplay. I mean when they showed the flying level in two windows. In one of them the background was moving faster.

zroid

Banned
I am actually pretty psyched for the Kirby collection. Almost all of the SNES games passed me by, somehow. I don't own a one and only played a couple while visiting friends.

Top Bottom