• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.9.13 - Sep. 13, 3AM EDT

pulga

Banned
Im high, sitting on my toilet and just found out theres a fucking ND in 45 minutes.

Holy crap. Should I temper my expectations, GAF?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Im high, sitting on my toilet and just found out theres a fucking ND in 45 minutes.

Yes. This one will be all about Japan's launch. Unless you're really excited for that.

antonz

NCL Event #1 will be solely focused on launch details regarding hardware and maybe OS talk.

NCL Talk #2 will be 1st and 3rd Party Games.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I love the atmosphere on GAF during one of these things. I don't even really care about the actual announcements.

watershed

Banned
Damn, so soon. I hope we get lots of good details from this first ND and they're not saving the goods for the one later/events in US and Europe.

Teknoman

Was about to send out a megaton Wii U swapnote...then I realized I lost ALL my stationary since I had to download everything all over again for my XL. :mad:

pulga

Banned
Yes. This one will be all about Japan's launch. Unless you're really excited for that.

NCL Event #1 will be solely focused on launch details regarding hardware and maybe OS talk.

NCL Talk #2 will be 1st and 3rd Party Games.

Maybe they'll reveal what the orange port is for! OS talk gets me a teensy bit excited.

Go on, tell me more!

When I checked the world clock, I dropped my own bomb!

Dmax3901

I love the atmosphere on GAF during one of these things. I don't even really care about the actual announcements.

Yeah I'm the same, love it even if nothing exciting happens.

It's the same with TF2 updates, I love the build-up more than the actual changes. Think I've played like two games of MvM yet I was following the ARG every step of the way.

Sandfox

f34e6b6a-s.jpg

a new Inazume Eleven Go game has been announced for an unknown system to be released DEC 20th in Japan.

Someone may have already translated the full thing and made me look like an idiot but...

My Japanese isn't too strong and I'm rusty but I can make out that it says Inazuma Eleven Strikers GO 2013 which means it will be a Wii U title unless they decide to put it on the Wii. It also mentions Inazuma Eleven Go 2 which is already confirmed to be coming Q4 2012 for the 3DS.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So, for reference, here's some launch pricing from the past and relative US$ value for the time, and actual US$ launch price.

Wii: ¥25,000 (~US$215. Launch US$249.99)
3DS: ¥25,000 (Launch US$249.99)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Getting pretty hyped. I love hardware launches so much. :)

Eww, that looks really bad, and is borderline insulting to F-Zero fans. I appreciate the fan service and whatnot, but c'mon, just give us a real game...

pulga

Banned
So, for reference, here's some launch pricing from the past and relative US$ value for the time, and actual US$ launch price.

3DS: ¥18,900 (~US$242 current conversion. Launch US$199.99)

Am I going crazy or didn't the 3DS launch at $250?

Anth0ny

3DS: ¥18,900 (~US$242 current conversion. Launch US$199.99)

Remember Wii didn't include Wii Sports in Japan.

I expect a similar scenario with the Wii U and Nintendo Land. NA will get it bundled, Japan won't. As a result, the Japanese price for the console will be ~$50 lower.

EatChildren

NCL will not talk about games?

If NCL talks about games they will be the launch titles, and they might not say too much. NCL is having a second event later today, coinciding with the other events, dedicated exclusively to games.

I expect a similar scenario with the Wii U and Nintendo Land. NA will get it bundled, Japan won't. As a result, the Japanese price for the console will be ~$50 lower.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Am I going crazy or didn't the 3DS launch at $250?

Oh shit, wrong prices. I did the XL.

Jawmuncher

I'll be pissed. I don't want nintendo land.
If im forced to buy it i'll just wait for a price drop or different bundle, not even joking.

EatChildren

Okay so:

3DS: ¥25,000 (Launch US$249.99)
3DSXL: ¥18,900 (Launch US$199.99)

There.

Top Bottom