• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.9.13 - Sep. 13, 3AM EDT

hatchx

Banned
Most important thing from the conference:

+Video chat with my friends on the bottom controller as the game plays on the screen. That's cool.

+Mario and NintendoLand at launch.

+During the quick miiverse section, under the Mario game, one of the comments says 'isn't it fun playing Mario online', which looks like a nice hint towards what to expect with NSMBU ;)

XiRDB.gif
Virtual Console titles transfer. Best news of the Wii U ever.
7xZO8.gif
Wasn't this confirmed a while back?

IrishNinja

XiRDB.gif
Virtual Console titles transfer. Best news of the Wii U ever.
7xZO8.gif

seriously. i wanna go buy the konami rebirth series, but holding out for 10% off sounds even better. did i understand that right? do premium users get 10% all the time off VC/wiiware or just at launch or what?

*edit WHOOPS read OP again, okay so its a separate, as yet unpriced service...ill do the math but likely make use of it, bet theyll add club nintendo coin bonsues or something too

Jintor

32GB is okay... I survived on a Arcade 360 for years until I started playing downloadable games (and Halo Reach needed a HDD for co-op/firefight play)

Well, that was actually a really good ND preview. If the sets are similar for America, I'll be getting the base White model and just buy an external drive.

Can't wait for the next events today!

EulaCapra

If America is still getting 3 SKU's, I fear NintendoLand will only be bundled at that rumored $350 price point and possibly without an extra Wiimote Plus.

It looks like Japan gets nothing but a nice list of accessories to buy. LOL at that standalone Gamepad price.

Pages 35-42 here are great for the "2GB OF SOMETHING!" meltdowns.

That's what it is right now in Yen.

I think it could be a little cheaper (300/350) or it could be the same (350/400) but I think much cheaper is off the table (250/300).

But we'll see soon enough....
Vita is 25k and 250. The 3ds is a lot more expensive. Nothing is off the table

seriously. i wanna go buy the konami rebirth series, but holding out for 10% off sounds even better. did i understand that right? do premium users get 10% all the time off VC/wiiware or just at launch or what?

*edit WHOOPS read OP again, okay so its a separate, as yet unpriced service...ill do the math but likely make use of it

Cheesemeister sez it lasts until 12/2014.

Until February 2014 I think.

Is there going to be a software show?

Kevtones

Premium. In Oregon early-October to pre-order (no sales tax).

I'm buying it due to the awesome launch lineup, but at $300 premium this thing should EXPLODE.

Hero

The Arcade was the base model, not the premium model. So what's your point? 32GB is pathetic in 2012 for the supposed "high-end" model.

For the majority of the users 32GB will probably last them for the entire life of the console. Who wouldn't want more but it's not like 32GB is going to hold you back. SD cards are dirt cheap compared to the prices that MS and Sony try to rape you with their proprietary memory.

boiled goose

good with gravy
still no details about online...
voice chat?, friend lists?, account system?, wiiware and VC transfer and compatibility?
OS level features? achievements?
so many unknowns...

on the plus side:
pricing seems reasonable. lets hope the US follows suit.
Any info about how the pad is charged? only the stand or can it be done by cable.

I'm going to go with the black. I knew I wanted the black when I first saw it and more points are always nice. 32GB is not much, but I don't plan on buying regular games digitally. I'll only get VC and WiiWare games that way. I just hope it's not too expensive here. The more expensive the system is, the less games I'll be getting with it.

Only for saves and small games, I bet. No way you're doing game installs and there's ALWAYS external HDDs. It's a non-issue.

I don't think you can do game installs on an external HDD on a PS3. I'm also not sure if Nintendo wants you to install full games on an external HDD because of piracy concerns(?). I mean look at the Wii.

Although NSMBWii was like 300mb in size, I don't see how NSMBU would get over 1gb fullsize. 32 GB still is too low for a premium offer

Top Bottom