• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct coming November 12 [Over]

Sterok

Wii wasn't that dead during 2011. Wii Party released that year and went on to sell 9 million. SS was just a lot more expensive than TP, too complicated for the casuals, and a lot of the core shunned motion controls. Which is a shame since SS was beilliant, if not as good as TP.

georly

Why you gotta hit below the belt like that man... :(

He's wrong. Takamaru is WAY more irrelevant :p Any one of K. Rool's games probably sold more than takamaru's. You don't even SEE takamaru in nintendoland!

So it's safe to say that Wonder Red and Snake are 100% confirmed to be in the direct

The SAFEST bet. If you have a lot of extra money and can find someone to bet with, you could probably retire by tomorrow afternoon.

Megatron

Yeah I'm honestly thinking that TPHD is nothing but a non-existent illusion of some sort. Those sources about the TP icon found on the eshop could be legit but it will be nothing but the damn Wii version available for download on the eshop and that's it. I would love if TPHD is real but this is Nintendo and they never do anything for the fans...

Yeah, that's true. Why would they start with TP? It's not like they have already remastered every other console Zelda game and it's TP's turn or anything. Nope. Nintendo does nothing for fans.

Revven

Yeah I'm honestly thinking that TPHD is nothing but a non-existent illusion of some sort. Those sources about the TP icon found on the eshop could be legit but it will be nothing but the damn Wii version available for download on the eshop and that's it. I would love if TPHD is real but this is Nintendo and they never do anything for the fans...

It's not just the icon, it's also a unique Title ID on their servers that explicitly says, "Twilight Princess HD". It would not be called that if it was a Wii digital title.

All you need to do is to click here and search "Twilight Princess HD" and you will see what they found using NUS Downloader. It is on Nintendo's servers under Wii U title IDs, not Wii digital game title IDs like Skyward Sword is.

It's real. The eshop ID is Twilight Princess HD. That's literally what it says, and we already know that Wii downloads don't get the HD treatment.

This has nothing to do with an icon. It's literally how the game is identified on the eshop servers.

EDIT: Beaten, lol

Uhh they already remastered OOT, majoras mask, and wind waker. Twilight Princess is next.

Mithos

It's not just the icon they also found a software named "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA Twilight Princess HD "

http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database#00050000:_Wii_U_game_titles

I would've thought that Pokemon Battle Revolution sold more than that, being a Pokemon game on the Wii alone. I know it severely lacking in content but it's not like most people would have cared since it's Pokemon in 3D.

It had a limited print seemingly, in Canada at least, I can't recall seeing it new in any store by 2008, the game was critically panned also so that might've had a hand in that.

Javier

Also, it's pretty easy to identify Wii re-releases (and VC releases in general) icons on the Wii U, as they're all direct screenshots of the in-game title screen.

georly

Richie

I'm really intrigued by how they'll handle a hypothetical tribute to Iwata.

Pretty much everyone watching would appreciate it; to start the first Direct after his death without even a mention would rub many the wrong way.

Yet, you don't want to make something that should be all about hype and thrill for the fans into a downer.

It'll need a very careful approach to have its cake and eat it too. I'm confident they can do it.

sinxtanx

Skepticism without the ability to recognise actually trustworthy information is a dull-ass sword that will cut through nothing.

I'm really intrigued by how they'll handle a hypothetical tribute to Iwata.

Pretty much everyone watching would appreciate it; to start the first Direct after his death without even a mention would rub many the wrong way.

Yet, you don't want to make something that should be all about hype and thrill for the fans into a downer.

It'll need a very careful approach to have its cake and eat it too. I'm confident they can do it.

As much as I agree that it would feel wrong if they didn't do something, I really doubt they are going to. I have a feeling that they will say it's not what Iwata would have wanted, like you said, directs should be fun.

georly

Everyone I have talked to that has played it has suggested that there's less.

I think some people are hoping it gets something like splatoon support.

I think nintendo is throwing this out to die. They needed SOMETHING for the black friday weekend and it was the best they had. Rushed? Who knows.

They are confirmed to be legit. Not only that but data along with the icon, which was new by the way despite Nintendo reusing Wii icons for Wii re-realeases, said 'Twilight Princess HD', not just 'Twilight Princess'. Add that to the new art seen for link in his Twilight Princess pose and the evidence is very convincing. The only question is whether Nintendo are going to reveal it tomorrow.

Anth0ny

K Rool hasn't appeared in a main game since DK64. That's almost two decades since he was relevant. People putting him on the same level as someone like Bowser or Ganondorf are crazy. He's no different from someone like Takamaru at this point.

A Mii costume is all he should get at this point.

you do know we're playing a game with game and watch, duck hunt dog, R.O.B, ice climbers (rip), captain falcon

I don't think time since relevance really matters much. people putting him on the same level as Bowser or Ganon ARE crazy but he's still pretty deserving of a playable character spot at this point.

KMoQZ73.jpg

Wow, he has a attractive and cool look. I wished I look like him :(

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I would love if TPHD is real but this is Nintendo and they never do anything for the fans...

Mmmmh, that smell of hyperbolic pessimism driven to the infinity and beyond. Love it with all myself! Don't stop now, though, please, say that the Direct will be cancelled, come on, I'm hungry.

maxcriden

It was more than the icon they found, though. They also found a title with HD in it!

What do "employees at Nintendo" get from leaking things? Nothing has really stood out as believable in these leak lists although Twilight Princess HD is all but confirmed.

Ahnez

I see this thread has not slowed down lol

There's always been at least one new game in every direct

I hope its not just TPHD :p

K Rool hasn't appeared in a main game since DK64. That's almost two decades since he was relevant. People putting him on the same level as someone like Bowser or Ganondorf are crazy.

He's no different from someone like Takamaru at this point.

I'm still holding out for Takamaru
Mii Swordfighter outfit
as Smash 4 DLC.

Besides, other than Takamaru, who else would fit the criteria of "NES/Famicom retro" newcomer like Ice Climbers, Pit, and Duck Hunt for Smash 5?

sfried

Am I the only one just really happy that the Directs are resuming?

Every other comment here on GAF seems to be doom and gloom on Nintendo nowdays.

Top Bottom