• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct coming November 12 [Over]

Shame to think that most surprises have been ruined after waiting for it for 5 months.
Minecraft is likely a big deal for Nintendo, ruined less than 20 hours before hand.
Shovel Knight might be a thing, ruined months in advanced.
Twilight Princess HD leaked a few weeks ago.
Since it's not a NX direct, there's not much I can imagine that'll be very interesting.
Shame, don't like how "leak-y" Nintendo has become, they used to be pretty leak proof IIRC.

There can still be a surprise. When none of this was real.

Chronoman

Banned
Shame to think that most surprises have been ruined after waiting for it for 5 months.
Minecraft is likely a big deal for Nintendo, ruined less than 20 hours before hand.
Since it's not a NX direct, there's not much I can imagine that'll be very interesting.
Shame, don't like how "leak-y" Nintendo has become, they used to be pretty leak proof IIRC.

We know nothing of the smash stuff. We have not seen anything. So it is ok

Mory Dunz

...but what if the stuff is fun?

Surprises are great and all, but what about the actual games? Which is more the point of directs.

If TPHD and the Smash characters are fun and look good, I don't care that they're spoiled. I want to play the game.

RK128

With more stuff coming out (rumors of a Wii U port of Minecraft for example), I will revising my expectations:

-Show opens with Tatsumi Kimishima introducing himself to the viewers, donning Fox Ears (nod to Star Fox). He states that he is "Looking forward to bring great Nintendo content to the fans" or something along those lines.

-Cuts to a trailer for Star Fox Zero; shows updated visuals, new Arwing Transformations and a MP mode. Release Date for February/March 2016. Amiibo are announced for the game; Fox, Wolf, Slippy, Toad, Peppy, and a Transforming Arwing Amiibo for the line. Wolf bundled with the game when it launches, rest come out alongside the games launch

-Cuts to a trailers for Animal Crossing amiibo Party and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash. Announce DLC Plans for both titles for the next five months, starting with December getting new mini-games for AC and a new character (Diddy Kong) + court for Ultra Smash.

-Cuts to a Xenoblade X Trailer showing off more of the game and remind people why they should be excited for it. Includes voucher for a digital version of Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii version) for the Wii U E-Shop.

-Nintendo announces HD Classics Line; titles that refresh and bring new life to older Nintendo titles. They start it with a trailer for Twilight Princess HD for the Wii U; fixes the core game alongside 1080p and the control features from WWHD; releases January 2016. Other games announced for this line across Wii U (Mario Sunshine HD, Luigi's Mansion HD), 3DS (F-Zero X 3D), New 3DS (Metroid Prime 3D, Pikmin 3D) and both Wii U/3DS (Paper Mario: TTYD HD/3D). Releases throughout 2016 and works with future Nintendo platforms.

-Show off new trailer for #FE, give it its western name and a release date for NA and EU (June 2016).

-Move on to 3DS by stating "We have a lot of localization plans for the 3DS in 2016, so here is a montage of all the games we plan on bringing over". Shows Dragon Quest 7 and 8, Yo-Kai Watch 2 & Busters, Rythem Heaven and Picross 3D + many others. Then move on too talking about future releases coming out soon (Paper Jam), in the future (Federation Force) and new titles (Pokemon Z). Announce big 3DS pillar software; Monster Hunter games coming next year for US/EU on 3DS and show an updated version of Federation Force that fixes the issues people had with the title at E3 (single player mode with Samus but at the expense of the game being pushed back to Fall 2016)

-Go back to the Wii U and close the show with some heavy hitters. Start with third party support: Other Indie stars get amiibo (Shanate, Bit.Trip Runner, ect), Minecraft releases on Wii U after Direct, announce various ports from third parties (Tell-Tale titles, Platinum titles like Transformers and Vanquish, ect)

-Close third party discussion by stating more third party games are coming to E-Shop; Wii VC and GBA/DS VC from Konami, Capcom, SEGA and Bamco all coming throughout the year (Sonic Colors, Castlevanna DS/GBA, Mega Man GBA/DS games, Klona Wii, ect).

-Discussion on Sonic series is brought up; amiibo line announced for a Sonic Line and it launches with Mario & Sonic next year, Sonic Boom Fire and Ice gets new trailer and 25th Anniversary trailer is shown (promising more Sonic games coming to Wii U; hints at Generations, Taxman ports, and more coming starting March 2016).

-Talk about Pokken Tournament and give it a western release date for summer 2016 + announce an amiibo Line that works with the title and Mario Maker

-Announce future DLC plans for both Smash and Splatoon; the former gets two new characters (Wolf, Inking) after Direct + Poll Winners (three characters + extra cut fighter (Ice Climber)) while latter gets free SP update with playable Octoling and a new MP mode for the character (Death Match mode). Also talk about upcoming Mario Maker Updates that includes new themes, support for more amiibo, and Single Player DLC packs (that have levels designed by Nintendo; think Super Luigi U).

-Officially announce a price drop for the Wii U at 250$ Starting in December and the Splatoon/Smash Wii U bundle, with the bundle coming out a week prior to Black Friday. From the start of the bundles release too February 2016, buyers can get one free Wii U game off the E-Shop; DKC:TF, Mario Kart 8, Mario 3D World, Bayonetta 2, Yoshi's Woolly World, or Mario Tennis Ultra Smash.

-Close the show with a new trailer for Zelda U and it getting its official name.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

It cant be helped, people snooping around the servers of the WiiU when they arent suppose to, and retailers and such being incompetent at their jobs or slightly worse people in retailers going yolo and leaking stuff anyways. Some guy behind the official pegi computer probably revelling at himself "accidentally" revealing mine craft WiiU

RPGCrazied

With more stuff coming out (rumors of a Wii U port of Minecraft for example), I will revising my expectations:
-Show opens with Tatsumi Kimishima introducing himself to the viewers, donning Fox Ears (nod to Star Fox). He states that he is "Looking forward to bring great Nintendo content to the fans" or something along those lines.
-Cuts to a trailer for Star Fox Zero; shows updated visuals, new Arwing Transformations and a MP mode. Release Date for February/March 2016. Amiibo are announced for the game; Fox, Wolf, Slippy, Toad, Peppy, and a Transforming Arwing Amiibo for the line. Wolf bundled with the game when it launches, rest come out alongside the games launch
-Cuts to a trailers for Animal Crossing amiibo Party and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash. Announce DLC Plans for both titles for the next five months, starting with December getting new mini-games for AC and a new character (Diddy Kong) + court for Ultra Smash.
-Cuts to a Xenoblade X Trailer showing off more of the game and remind people why they should be excited for it. Includes voucher for a digital version of Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii version) for the Wii U E-Shop.
-Nintendo announces HD Classics Line; titles that refresh and bring new life to older Nintendo titles. They start it with a trailer for Twilight Princess HD for the Wii U; fixes the core game alongside 1080p and the control features from WWHD; releases January 2016.
-Other games announced for this line across Wii U (Mario Sunshine HD, Luigi's Mansion HD), 3DS (F-Zero X 3D), New 3DS (Metroid Prime 3D, Pikmin 3D) and both Wii U/3DS (Paper Mario: TTYD HD/3D). Releases throughout 2016 and works with future Nintendo platforms.
-Show off new trailer for #FE, give it its western name and a release date for NA and EU (June 2016).
-Move on to 3DS by stating "We have a lot of localization plans for the 3DS in 2016, so here is a montage of all the games we plan on bringing over". Shows Dragon Quest 7 and 8, Yo-Kai Watch 2 & Busters, Rythem Heaven and Picross 3D + many others.
-Then move on too talking about future releases coming out soon (Paper Jam), in the future (Federation Force) and new titles (Pokemon Z).
-Announce big 3DS piller software; Monster Hunter games coming next year for US/EU on 3DS and show an updated version of Federation Force that fixes the issues people had with the title at E3 (single player mode with Samus but at the expense of the game being pushed back to Fall 2016)
-Go back to the Wii U and close the show with some heavy hitters.
-Start with third party support: Other Indie stars get amiibo (Shanate, Bit.Trip Runner, ect), Minecraft releases on Wii U after Direct, announce various ports from third parties (Tell-Tale titles, Platinum titles like Transformers and Vanquish, ect)
-Close third party disucssion by stating more third party games are coming to E-Shop; Wii VC and GBA/DS VC from Konami, Capcom, SEGA and Bamco all coming throughout the year (Sonic Colors, Castlevanna DS/GBA, Mega Man GBA/DS games, Klona Wii, ect).
-Discussion on Sonic series is brought up; amiibo line announced for a Sonic Line and it launches with Mario & Sonic next year, Sonic Boom Fire and Ice gets new trailer and 25th Anniversary trailer is shown (promising more Sonic games coming to Wii U; hints at Generations, Taxman ports, and more coming starting March 2016).
-Talk about Pokken Tournament and give it a western release date for summer 2016 + announce an amiibo Line that works with the title and Mario Maker
-Announce future DLC plans for both Smash and Splatoon; the former gets two new characters (Wolf, Inking) after Direct + Poll Winners (three characters + extra cut fighter (Ice Climber)) while latter gets free SP update with playable Octoling and a new MP mode for the character (Death Match mode)
-Close the show with a new trailer for Zelda U and it getting its official name.

If all of that happened, I'd have a stroke during the stream.

Kinsei

Banned
It cant be helped, people snooping around the servers of the WiiU when they arent suppose to, and retailers and such being incompetent at their jobs or slightly worse people in retailers going yolo and leaking stuff anyways. Some guy behind the official pegi computer probably revelling at himself "accidentally" revealing mine craft WiiU

Well TP could have been avoided had they not had an icon and listings for it in the code for (most likely) months before the game comes out.

Mory Dunz

^^TTYD won't get an HD remaster. We can dream, but it would never happen.

although I feel it wouldn't be that difficult of one, right? Cause the artstyle.

I assume the Sprites for the characters were originally created larger and sampled downwards. maybe, or maybe not.

And the textures wouldn't need an overhaul for like some games due to the style.
sigh

RK128

I love RK, but he tends to be a tad... optimistic at times.

Common, you mean realistic, right XD?

Just excited about the show :). Nintendo is in a very odd spot now and I'm really hoping they start swinging again, so now is the best time to really start wowing and impressing people :D.

I can't be more disappointed then this E3 2015 and past Nintendo shows (E3 2008), so all they can do is go up in my book.

Looking forward to the show and I honestly expect most of my list to happen.

I wonder if they held back the direct for Minecraft. If it does have amiibo support them it's a pretty big incentive for them. They probably wanted a big show after e3 but waiting so long caused a lot of leaks

Predictions:

Smash characters: Shovel Knight, Goku, Shaq
Metroid Prime Federation Force
Animal Crossing amiibo Festival
Shovel Knight 2
Star Fox Trailer
Zelda MIA
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Nintendo Badge Center
Minecraft Wii U

RK128

I wonder if they held back the direct for Minecraft. If it does have amiibo support them it's a pretty big incentive for them. They probably wanted a big show after e3 but waiting so long caused a lot of leaks

Mmm....I could honestly see that being the case.

Nintendo has all the kid-friendly 3rd party franchises under the Wii U (Skylanders, Disney Infinity, Lego, ect), so them getting the 'big one' with Minecraft, they could be the perfect holiday console for younger audiences if they market it right.

And considering how the character models in Minecraft are low-poly enough, making amiibo costumes should be a snap for Nintendo; could easily see that happening. Add in cross-console online play/MP and you are set for a great holiday hit for them :D.

DontBlink

Does PEGI usually use the correct release date? If so then Minecraft digital available right after the direct with a physical version coming later this year.

While we are riding the hype train imagine this for an Nx focused direct

Nx launch titles:
Zelda
3D Mario
Metroid prime 4
Pikmin 4
Mother 4
Fzero Nx

They have so many franchises sitting on the back burner they could really make it the greatest launch of all time

KingBroly

Banned
- Minecraft Wii U
- Minecraft amiibo???
- Twilight Princess HD
- Pokemon Z or ZX/ZY
- Smash DLC
- Smash Ballot
- Splatoon content???

It's shaping up alright so far. The Minecraft stuff is very exciting, even though I have it on PC, because it means that Nintendo has a major third party IP on their system again.

RK128

While we are riding the hype train imagine this for an Nx focused direct

Nx launch titles:
Zelda
3D Mario
Metroid prime 4
Pikmin 4
Mother 4
Fzero Nx

They have so many franchises sitting on the back burner they could really make it the greatest launch of all time

They really could and while I don't expect Mother 4 or F-Zero to come on NX, the rest of your list is almost expected at this point.

I'm just hoping the price is right, the console specs are good enough for 3rd party ports and Nintendo comes out swinging next year in pushing the NX to people.

They have to but I feel they will :). All the pieces are in place for them to succeed, all that's left is the execution and that is what I'm worried about the most. Market the NX wrong and it might cause issues :l.

entremet

-Nintendo announces HD Classics Line; titles that refresh and bring new life to older Nintendo titles. They start it with a trailer for Twilight Princess HD for the Wii U; fixes the core game alongside 1080p and the control features from WWHD; releases January 2016. Other games announced for this line across Wii U (Mario Sunshine HD, Luigi's Mansion HD), 3DS (F-Zero X 3D), New 3DS (Metroid Prime 3D, Pikmin 3D) and both Wii U/3DS (Paper Mario: TTYD HD/3D). Releases throughout 2016 and works with future Nintendo platforms.

-Move on to 3DS by stating "We have a lot of localization plans for the 3DS in 2016, so here is a montage of all the games we plan on bringing over". Shows Dragon Quest 7 and 8, Yo-Kai Watch 2 & Busters, Rythem Heaven and Picross 3D + many others. Then move on too talking about future releases coming out soon (Paper Jam), in the future (Federation Force) and new titles (Pokemon Z). Announce big 3DS pillar software; Monster Hunter games coming next year for US/EU on 3DS and show an updated version of Federation Force that fixes the issues people had with the title at E3 (single player mode with Samus but at the expense of the game being pushed back to Fall 2016)

-Go back to the Wii U and close the show with some heavy hitters. Start with third party support: Other Indie stars get amiibo (Shanate, Bit.Trip Runner, ect), Minecraft releases on Wii U after Direct, announce various ports from third parties (Tell-Tale titles, Platinum titles like Transformers and Vanquish, ect)

-Close third party discussion by stating more third party games are coming to E-Shop; Wii VC and GBA/DS VC from Konami, Capcom, SEGA and Bamco all coming throughout the year (Sonic Colors, Castlevanna DS/GBA, Mega Man GBA/DS games, Klona Wii, ect).

-Announce future DLC plans for both Smash and Splatoon; the former gets two new characters (Wolf, Inking) after Direct + Poll Winners (three characters + extra cut fighter (Ice Climber)) while latter gets free SP update with playable Octoling and a new MP mode for the character (Death Match mode). Also talk about upcoming Mario Maker Updates that includes new themes, support for more amiibo, and Single Player DLC packs (that have levels designed by Nintendo; think Super Luigi U).

-Officially announce a price drop for the Wii U at 250$ Starting in December and the Splatoon/Smash Wii U bundle, with the bundle coming out a week prior to Black Friday. From the start of the bundles release too February 2016, buyers can get one free Wii U game off the E-Shop; DKC:TF, Mario Kart 8, Mario 3D World, Bayonetta 2, Yoshi's Woolly World, or Mario Tennis Ultra Smash.

Seem too ambitious for just one ND.

RK128

Seem too ambitious for just one ND.

What would you cut then?

I could easily see them dialing back on the first party announcements and 3DS localization news but outside of that, a lot of my guesses/expectations seem to line up with recent rumors (Minecraft, lack of content in amiibo Festival/Ultra Smash, Smash DLC/Poll Winners, Splatoon and Mario Maker DLC/Updates likely, rumored HD ports, ect).

I predict that the Nintendo Direct will be a 30 minute silence in memory of Iwata. The only thing shown on screen for the entire duration will be a lone bunch of bananas which we can stare at to remember his legacy.

banana-3.jpg

random25

Well, they always manage to insert at least one surprise that people don't know of (or speculate if it's real or not).

cloudyboy

Neo Member
I take any "leaks' with a big grain of salt, the only way to know for sure is to wait for tommorrow of course!

No idea what to expect, but we did got some nice surprise during directs in the past, and it could really be the case here too.

Top Bottom