• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation announced for tomorrow

That was a decent showing, especially since they stuck to their word by not showing anything that's releasing beyond summer. I'm not super hyped about anything in particular, but I'm also not down on anything.

Overall, it seems like they're trying to make sure the Wii U has some nice games before the NX arrives.

Now, we wait for all of the crappy threads that this Direct is going to spawn.

About the EU stream, I don't know about the NA one: When they put that much time into DQ7, I expected a release date or release period more specific than the '2016' we already knew. :(

Qwyjibo

Zelda Wii U is getting the Twilight Princess treatment, huh? Released on both Wii U and NX. They refuse to show us more of the game.

Of course it is. If they are releasing another console soon-ish, there is no way they can waste a Zelda game on just the Wii U.

'We love Metroid very much'

YOU'VE BEEN MAKING THAT PIECE OF SHIT FOR SEVEN YEARS!? CLEARLY YOU DO NOT LOVE IT!

Sakamoto was not so bad after all eh?
At least he tried to make a real metroid.

And Im not even mad at the idea, I think as an idea, the glalactic federation spin off is an amazing concept, but this shit is terrible.

Boke1879

If I'm being honest on a personal level that may have been the worst Nintendo Direct I've ever watched. There wasn't even a single title I'm interested in buying.

They must be holding a metric ton back for the NX in terms of software

At this point they better be. Seeing the Wii U this gen. They gotta be better planned for the NX.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Literally who could think this was good? Is shilling a thing on GAF?

Paper mario u
Star Fox looking good
Project guard bonus
Lost reaver localization
#FE localization
MHX localization
Rhythm heaven localization
New Kirby game

Yeah totally sucks lol

No Zelda or nx sux lol

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
I'm sorry, and I'm not one to usually be picky about graphics, but that Metroid Prime Federation Force looks like Gex on the N64.

tumblr_inline_myxrywOpfn1qkpcpl.gif

Literally who could think this was good? Is shilling a thing on GAF?

People with good taste in games that goes beyond big budget 3D Marios and 3D Zeldas.

I'm planning to buy pretty much every game they've shown in the direct (except Mario and Sonic).

We got fucking Monster Hunter Generations and a sequel to the best 2D platformer on the 3DS out of this.

Edit: And Rhythm Heaven Megamix.

fhqwhgads

Federation Force's artstyle took a pretty big blow for me now I can see they're more like mechs rather than full body suits. Plus the Space Pirates are as big as the suits so does that make them giants compared to humans?

I dunno but I'm liking how they're shaping the team based mechanics up at the least, it's gonna be a good game and I'm gonna laugh at the naysayers.

The reason we are getting all these outsourced spinoffs is because all the top teams are working on NX and have been for at least 2 years. EAD Tokyo, Retro, etc went dark a long time ago.

Federation Force looked a lot better but the chibi style will never look right, the environments look good but the bobbleheads ruin it. When you look at the graphics of Monster Hunter X, it's hard to swallow. A Metroid game shouldn't look so ugly.

OH I get it. These games just seem really....cheap. They seem like $10 e shop games, not $40 full retail products.

Memory

Neogaf is the worst when it comes to anything Nintendo. Unbearably infantile.

It's why I just avoid reading through any Nintendo related threads now and generally a oid game discussion of GAF outside of lurking for new game news.

I agree, watched the direct with a massive smaile on my face, came to GAF and saw nothing but bitching and whining. I won't make that mistake again.

SalvaPot

Great Direct, in for:

-Paper Mario Color Splash
-Metroid Prime Federation Force
-Dragon Quest VII
-Rhythm Heaven Megamix
-Kirby Planet Robobot (and the RPG action game)
-Star Fox Zero+Guard
-New Kirby Amiibo
-Monster Hunter Generations
-Pokken Tournament
-Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
-Pocket Card Jockey
-Hyrule Warriors Legends

My poor wallet.

bones123

That was... Painful.

Kirby Triple Deluxe 2, Genei Ibunroku #FE and Monster Hunter X all got less coverage than the fucking Mario and Sonic at the Rio 2016 Summer Olympic Games and Metroid Prime: Federation Force. Paper Mario Sticker Star 2, Project Treasure and My Little Pony - Feat. GameFreak... What the hell?

Nintendo really must just be trying to get people to stall until the NX comes out, none of these games are worth the time.

Steejee

That was...fine...I guess. Nothing blew my mind, but a lot of it was solid. Definitely stuck to Spring/Summer 2016 Guidelines

• SNES on n3DS was cool, even if I don't own a n3DS. I'd hope it'd have cross play.
  • Additions to Splatoon, SMM, Hyrule Warriors were all good.
  • #FE I don't know what to make of but I'm sure as fuck buying it.
  • StarFox...well I think it'll be fun at least, but it's hard to get much of a read.
  • Cat Wizard or whatever in Bravely Second made me laugh
  • Treasure Hunters..yeesh.
  • Olympics looked better than I expected, curious how it pans out.
  • Federation Force... I'm not going to straight up discount it. Gameplay footage definitely had a Prime 'feel' to it. But the Chibi artstyle hurts it bad. All it made me do is long for a WiiU or NX version built on the same concept - co-op Federation Marines
  • Paper Mario - I'm half 'Fuck yeah!' half 'Heard a lot of bad shit about Sticker Star'. Last Paper Mario I played was Thousand Year Door, so my standards are pretty high for the series. What video they did show reminded me of that. I don't know the stickers vs color hammer comparison, at least coming in blind that didn't seem overly gimmicky to me.

So yeah, onwards to E3.

javac

The only thing that I'm 'upset' about (which is something that can't be helped) is the fact that I wont be able to play Earthbound and SNES games in general on a regular 3DS since I don't have a New 3DS but dat extra horsepower.

Nesther

Nintendo has allergies to invest heavy on new interesting IPs.

Always the same fucking platformers and old formulas again and again, for the most part.

Why would they invest heavy into new interesting IPs when their new platforms are right around the corner? These are decent filler titles, nothing wrong with that.

That Kirby game looks fuckin awesome.

Psyched that MHX and Rythm Tengoku are coming to the west, and we finally got a releas date for FE fates in Europe. (Still no dqvii though)
star fox looks waaay better, and got me a little hyped.

Good direct for me.

Hell of a lot of garbage though. Also very sad the #FE is sub only, guess they're expecting it to die on its arse.
You could describe the Japan sales figures as doing just that. Given how long Rhythm Heaven takes to localise with its vocals this Jpop stuff would be a nightmare. It reminds that dubbing anime OPs/EDs died for a reason in the 90s.
I sometimes really like the cheesy and bad dubbed OPs/EDs

Honestly? How do you Nintendo people do it? I would have been out quite some time ago. I honestly feel bad for the hardcore nintendo fans.

CTLance

I liked the direct. Wasn't anything earth-shattering, but still enough to keep my curiosity piqued.

Then again, I haven't kept tabs on gaming news for months now.

Odd complaint: That monhan X->Generations rename is so strange. 4G->4U I could swallow without problem, although it's kinda unnecessary too. However, going from a single character (or "Cross") to an entirely unrelated(?) term like Generations seems ...odd.

espher

Honest impressions:

Good:
Mario Maker Patch: Neat features, I don't play it.
DQ7: Definitely looking forward to this. Good game.
Rhythm Heaven Megamix: Do want.
Bravely Second: Cautious optimism.
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE: I find this weirdly compelling.
Star Fox Zero: Looks good.
amiibo: The lack of 'new' amiibo announced beyond four Kirby ones makes me happy. Little annoyed Isabelle and Digby are getting standalone copies because I would have just skipped amiibo Festival. :p

Meh:
New 3DS SNES VC: No interest.
Disney Art Academy: Cool idea, not for me.
Paper Mario Wii U: Need more info.
Mario vs Donkey Kong: This Time With Amiibos: I like this name for it, lol. Indifferent.
Pocket Horse Jockey: Actual "what the fuck" for me.
Azure Striker Gunvolt 2: Totally indifferent.
Monster Hunter Generations: Totally indifferent.
Kirby: Indifferent.
Star Fox Guard: Legitimately do not know what to make of this, but it's "free" with Star Fox, which I am getting.
Pokken: Getting it but still unsure what to make of it.
Fire Emblem Fates Revelation: Indifferent. I was lukewarm to the Fates "split". The fact that I have two retail copies and the 3DS can't see that I have them pisses me off. Given that I wish this had been a more complete retail experience too.
Hyrule Warriors Legends: Getting it because I really like this game but I'm wary of the port quality.

Bad:
My Nintendo: More info required. Presentation was bad.
Metroid Prime Federation Force: I have a pre-order for this and am probably going to cancel it. Just... it would have been better as a WiiU title with Metroid Blast controls.
Mario and Sonic 2016: Zero interest in this series beyond a potentially awesome soundtrack like the past games, aka I'm not buying it but am listening on YouTube.
Lost Reavers: I was optimistic for this but the performance is awful and I still know NOTHING about the actual play. Just... need more info. It looks vaguely interesting like Devil's Third Multiplayer video did but the game itself also looks sooooo janky.

There was very much a bell curve with 'meh' in the middle.

(mat)

Paper mario u
Star Fox looking good
Project guard bonus
List reale localization
MHX localization
Rhythm heaven localization
New Kirby game

Yeah totally sucks lol

No Zelda or nx sux lol

Again, no mention of the Mario Maker update. That shit looks amazing. Completely changes the game.

joms5

Direct was about what you could expect a few months out from E3 especially with a new Console on the horizon.

Then you don't bother having one.

This was a piss poor attempt at getting anyone excited for 2016. A lot of content for old games and a lot of love for 3ds.

Has Nintendo pulled all their resources out of the Wii U at this point?

Adaren

The horse game was pretty cute, and Star Fox doesn't look like a disaster.

Federation Force's trailer narrator has sent the game to die.

That's all I really remember.

Top Bottom