• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation announced for tomorrow

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
If they don't show Illusiory revelations today, I'm gonna asdume it's not coming to the west, unfortunately

Oh FFS... It's labeled clear as day by Nintendo that this direct highlights releases for the next quarter(spring). I don't think anyone expected that one releasing before this holiday.

Akiller

Guys what if they reveal Zelda U's subtitle? Just imagine that for a moment. We could know Zelda U's subtitle in a bit more than 6 hours!

Subtitle is probably debut trailer locked imo rotfl. Like, At the end of the trailer we'll see "The Legend Of Zelda" and then the subtitle poping up under it.

L95

marmoka

Banned
Nintendo Directs have historically resulted in great showings of already announced games as well as new announcements, many of which would usually grace an E3 presentation but it makes sense to look at what incentivized Nintendo to conduct these Directs in the first place as well as taking a look at where Nintendo are right now.

Nintendo Directs are exactly that, Nintendo speaking directly to their core audience in a way to keep them up to date with their developments as a means to keep a regular flow of information for their fans and this was key when looking at the position the 3DS found itself in during its early years, that being full of droughts and 'poor' sales.

Nintendo is now winding down 3DS and Wii U developments as a means to transition onto the NX and Mobile initiatives. I don't believe that the prominence of Nintendo Directs and their impact or regularity will become diminished over time however I do believe that Nintendo is and will change the format over time, be it a 5 min Pokemon Direct or more high production affairs not dissimilar to the E3 Digital Events they will come in all shapes and sizes. One could look at today's Direct as Nintendo clearing the way for the next system, at the same time I don't believe that the Wii U or 3DS' support end with the conclusion of today's Direct.

Basically, not every Direct has to blow your mind but that doesn't mean that they can't either and this isn't the be all end all for the 3DS/Wii U. The beauty of Directs is how they can come out of nowhere. Just rambling here as I sit here bored out of my mind.

Agree, but January 2013's Direct made a lot of harm. So many revelations, E3 style. After that, we have hopes to see something similar like that one. We all must learn Directs are not "mini E3" digital events.

SMT IV final should be announced for America today....

Right guys!???

I still have some hopes for that to happen.

MK_768

Anyone who had high expectations for this direct deserved to be disappointed by the leak. Now is not the time to set high expectations. Wait a couple months ;)

But I wouldn't doubt one good announcement even if it's been spoiled by a leak awhile ago.

Paper Mario U perhaps, if announced?

Very possible. Paper Mario hasn't been a holiday specific series.

Oh FFS... It's labeled clear as day by Nintendo that this direct highlights releases for the next quarter(spring). I don't think anyone expected that one releasing before this holiday.
Holiday? It will get crushed by zelda if they release it in the holiday. If they release it after the holiday, the wiiu will no longer be relevant because of the NX

georly

Agree, but January 2013's Direct made a lot of harm. So many revelations, E3 style. After that, we have hopes to see something similar like that one. We all must learn Directs are not "mini E3" digital events.

January 2013 was a hail mary because of Wii U's less than stellar launch. It was a "Don't worry guys, we have all these great games coming to wii u later, please buy a wii u" direct.

I wouldn't expect anything like that again unless NX has a really bad launch, also. Hell, they may do it to help PREVENT NX from having a bad launch. NX launch direct will hopefully be amazing.

What if it's called the Legend of Zelda for NX

As long as it's on wii u they can call it whatever they want.

Holiday? It will get crushed by zelda if they release it in the holiday. If they release it after the holiday, the wiiu will no longer be relevant because of the NX

People seem to forget that nintendo is ok with bunching up games together for holidays. A link between worlds and Mario 3D world literally launched on the same day. I don't think either one crushed the other.

emb

I don't think getting crushed by Zelda is a big concern. Wii U owners would probably be entertained at the novelty of buying 2 games close to each other. (jk, sorry, had to take the low hanging fruit.)

Verder

All I'm really thinking it's going to be is

MHX
Amiibo
Metroid federation
amiibo
Starfox delayed
Amiibo
Pokemon moon/sun
Amiibo

No love for the great ace attorney or SMT IV final. Those 2 might just stay in Japan

Briarios

I'm going to be at a soccer tournament when this occurs ... hopefully, Germany & France won't mind if I put on some headphones and try and watch on my phone lol

In any case, I'm tentatively excited.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
On man oh man oh man are we gonna get to see 5 more seconds of Link standing in some grass or not!? The anticipation is killing me

new direct feed screen of The Leend of Zelda: Epic Mower Revenge

Scythe-vs-Brushcutter-Epic-Grass-Cutting-Battle.jpg

Korigama

No love for the great ace attorney or SMT IV final. Those 2 might just stay in Japan
Quite amazed that people still think this simply because Atlus haven't announced anything right away. The Great Ace Attorney though, yeah, pretty sure that one's never coming (AA6 will probably be DD-only again, too).

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Oh no. I guess they could make it digital only title, which I probably wouldn't get. I don't support digital only games.

Same, but it was on Trev's list which we assume is for physical games, and is pre-orderable (Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water never was). In NA at least it looks to be physical.

Should be easier for NOA to bring over, especially if they only do English for it which is what they did for XCX at launch (French and Spanish were patched in) and Yokai Watch (for French, Spanish may have been in already). It's also a market with far more Wii U's sold than either Europe or Japan.

georly

All I'm really thinking it's going to be is

MHX
Amiibo
Metroid federation
amiibo
Starfox delayed
Amiibo
Pokemon moon/sun
Amiibo

Star fox delay will not be announced during a direct. Directs are for good news, not bummers. If it's delayed, it'll be its own thing on its own day - via press release or youtube video or both.

I also don't think we'll get pokemon stuff at all - we would have seen it last week. I expect the next sun/moon info will be during a japanese broadcast or magazine reveal of 1-2 new pokemon and then a full-fledged trailer during e3.

Same, but it was on Trev's list which we assume is for physical games, and is pre-orderable (Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water never was). In NA at least it looks to be physical.

Should be easier for NOA to bring over, especially if they only do English for it which is what they did for XCX at launch (French and Spanish were patched in) and Yokai Watch (for French, Spanish may have been in already). It's also a market with far more Wii U's sold.

wasn't trev's stuff just 3DS anyway? (with the exception of the tiny NX tidbit and marketing budgets?)

Mediking

Should be easier for NOA to bring over, especially if they only do English for it which is what they did for XCX at launch (French and Spanish were patched in) and Yokai Watch (for French, Spanish may have been in already).

Digital only SMTxFE = burning down Nintendo

Link_enfant

Sorry if it's been asked a few times already, but where's the leak from and how reliable is the source actually?
I've always thought Nintendo Directs to be quite impossible to leak, so it's as surprising as disappointing (if everything's really confirmed ofc).

Quite amazed that people still think this simply because Atlus haven't announced anything right away. The Great Ace Attorney though, yeah, pretty sure that one's never coming (AA6 will probably be DD-only again, too).

Sweet summer children. SMT IV F just came out and no localization announcement, yeah it's totally dead lol. God forbid they were dragon quest fans or something

I would not even write GAA off, since a game released early 2013 is now being localized. Anything's possible

georly

"I bought a PS3 for KH3, FFVersusXIII, and that sweet FF7 remake after seeing that tech demo. What could possibly go wrong?"

Literally only one of those was actually announced. What went wrong is hypothetical person bought a console hoping unannounced games would come out.

FFV13 and last guardian were probably better examples :p

Mediking

I'm torn about Legend of Zelda Wii U also being on NX because that would inevitably mean that the NX version is the version Nintendo truly wants to sell the most and it will be the prettiest and runs better. In other words, what's the point of getting a Wii U version when compared to the NX version...? This really ONLY applies to if NX version and Wii U version launch on the same day. IF the Wii U version releases with its own exclusive dungeon and the NX releases with its own exclusive dungeon or something then I will totally buy both.

BUT... if the NX version and Wii U version are the same content wise but the NX version obviously is the superior version because of better graphics and performance then I will be very hesitant in buying the Wii U version. INB4: "But you already own a Wii U... wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy it on your Wii U?" Ehhhh... I'll get NX day one if it's worth getting.

On man oh man oh man are we gonna get to see 5 more seconds of Link standing in some grass or not!? The anticipation is killing me

Is this the least we've known about a Zelda title going within a theoretical year of release? We haven't seen combat, we haven't seen a dungeon, we haven't seen an item outside of a bow! All we know right now is there's Link, a horse, grass, an open world, and some spider monster. That's literally it.

Banned
Is this the least we've known about a Zelda title going within a theoretical year of release? We haven't seen combat, we haven't seen a dungeon, we haven't seen an item outside of a bow! All we know right now is there's Link, a horse, grass, an open world, and some spider monster. That's literally it.
Nonsense. It'll be barren rock formations this time. 5 seconds. See that grass field? You can go there.

TDLink

Star fox delay will not be announced during a direct. Directs are for good news, not bummers. If it's delayed, it'll be its own thing on its own day - via press release or youtube video or both.

I disagree. Delays have definitely been announced in Directs before. They don't say "The game is being delayed", they're more subtle about it. They show the game/trailer/talk about it and then at the end of that segment say something like "And you can enjoy it on May 30th!" when the previous date was March something or other. They just act like the new date, which is a brand new announcement, is the first time revealing a date.

NeonZ

I can't wait for MH Generations. I really hope they bring back the link costume (if they havent already in japan)

The Zelda and Metroid costumes returned in X. There's also a new Toon Link full body costume (so, including face and such) for Felines.

georly

I disagree. Delays have definitely been announced in Directs before. They don't say "The game is being delayed", they're more subtle about it. They show the game/trailer/talk about it and then at the end of that segment say something like "And you can enjoy it on May 30th!" when the previous date was March something or other. They just act like the new date, which is a brand new announcement, is the first time revealing a date.

But the november direct actually pinned down a release DAY. Usually it'll be like 'coming later this year' and then later getting a real release date for the next year, or whatever. They've never said "Coming april 12. No wait, coming may 30" https://youtu.be/VF3AnGHbG6s?t=1726 They acknowledge the delay in the direct, but the delay announcement was made outside of a direct.

It could happen, but I doubt it.

The Zelda and Metroid costumes returned in X. There's also a new Toon Link full body costume (so, including face and such) for Felines.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH YOU JUST MADE MY DAY. MHX best monster hunter confirmed. Can't wait.

Bringing the thread back to the positive?

Super excited for MHX and fire emblem collab.

Really excited to see what federation force is now that it's probably closer to release. Really hope it has some monster hunter or tri force heroes type loot system. If it does, i'm sold for sure.

Very curious what will come in the first print edition of star fox. Hopefully it's more than just an amiibo.

Really really really can't wait to play SNES games on 3DS virtual console. It'll make the system 'complete' for me as being nintendo's BEST system they've ever made. Literally 80+% of all of my favorite games will now be on the 3DS.

Roo

I don't think I expect GCN VC to ever be a think to be honest. You have a very small library of games to emulate, its two Zeldas are two of its biggest games and those both have HD re-releases, its mainline 3D Mario is perhaps the most polarizing of them all, and games like Mario Kart and SSB have more feature-rich sequels. With the analog hurdle as well it doesn't seem to leave a ton of incentive.

For all we know, NX might have analog inputs but even if it didn't, I'm sure they'd find a way to make them work.
Having feature-rich sequels never stopped Nintendo from releasing games on the VC. Outside of MK7 and MKDD, the entire Mario Kart franchise is available on a Wii U.

As for the library...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_products_published_by_Nintendo#GameCube

Plenty of titles to work with.

Top Bottom