• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct WiiU/3DS @ 8/7 - NA: 7am PT, EU: 4pm CEST

Yado

I don't expect megatons but it seems like Directs are failing to do what they were created to do. It's difficult to create hype or give a sense of "directness" when you're so stingy with info.

I'm assuming the people not aroused by the PL vs AA confirmation have never played either game tbh

iKP34eSwfu2Ev.gif
Not as much as I should, both series are several games in. Its kind of daunting for me to pick a spot to start.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
we got the announcement for the wonderful 101 direct friday, has someone made a thread about it yet?

mclem

Festival of Magic
This one's setting off alarm bells, and I'm not quite sure why. Something about it felt *very* off.

Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut
I'd like to know what "Director's Cut" entails before I dive in, but cautiously optimistic.

So Hungry
Did anyone else think that this looked like Don't Starve with a vastly different artstyle?

Can't remember which was the RTS, but that looked very promising.

Effect

Fair, but we shouldn't be expecting a megaton announcement that is ALSO releasing before the end of 2013. Majority of Wii U stuff is already announced for 2014 and the 3DS is fairly packed leading up to the end of the year.

I'm still pissed we haven't heard a thing about DQX though...

I've accepted we simply aren't getting Dragon Quest X. Better to track down an old copy of Dragon Quest IX for the DS. Dragon Quest XI for the 3DS is more likely as well. That is unless Square Enix goes completely ass backwards stupid and decides to make it into a smartphone game. With them you never know but last I checked Dragon Quest isn't handled by those making decisions about everything else at Square Enix. So it should be safe.

Kyon

Banned
I'm trying to fight that realization. I wanted my off-screen play...

Though I'm hoping they even just do a digital download version, if they don't think it's worth bringing over in a physical format. With the PC version announced, it's pretty evident that SE is doing the localization. Just need Nintendo to play ball.

I think a F2P format might be good for the current WiiU install base. Maybe do a bundle too idk

crinale

At the first Nintendo direct they stole the Thunder by announcing Monster Hunter 3G for 3DS, let alone MH4. After that everyone expects something close for every single direct :(

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
People are annoyed because they spend time talking about

-techmo bowl nes
-donkey komg nes
-smb 3 nes
-luigi in smash bros

You don't spend announcing this crap, At a time when the console is in deep shit.

It's 2013! And we paid lots of money for wii u!, smb 3 should not be announced. It should be there day 1!!

o_0 The overreaction is a bit much don't you think? Plus who's to say we won't get a direct in early October to further announce concrete dates and touch up on more info about DKTF, The Fall Update, 3D World, and so on. Also not all the Triforce shards are in the ocean in the original WW, there are a few that are in chests.

Sakura

Well... I don't know what to say.
I wasn't really expecting anything so I can't be too disappointed.
That Animal Crossing WaraWara Plaza looks pretty slick.

23:00 The presentation has started. Iwata is decked out in traditional warrior clothes. Borrowed from Koei. Starting with Nobunaga's Ambition 3DS.
23:02 Improve your skills in battle. Play multiple scenarios. StreetPass, SpotPass. Nobunaga 3DS 9/19, 5040 yen.
23:04 Metal Max 4: Moonlight Diva. Young boy Hinata stars. Joins a singer.
23:05 Tank battles. Anime voice actors. Metal Max 4 3DS 11/7, 6980 yen.
23:06 Puzzle & Dragons Z now, ported from smart devices. Match puzzle blocks to attack. New puzzle piece feature. Trade monsters, StreetPass. Puz-Dra Z 3DS Winter 2013.
23:07 Hatsune Miku Project Mirai 2 has new hair and costume customizations. New voices. 11/28, 6279 yen.
23:09 Sonic Lost World now. Control Sonic more freely. 3 adjustable speeds.
23:10 Sonic Lost World Wii U 10/24, 7329 yen. 3DS 10/24, 5229 yen. Remote control data exchange.
23:12 One Piece 3DS now. Go fishing, fight enemies together w/ friends. 11/21, 5980 yen. One Piece special edition 3DS LL sets. Luffy Red & Chopper Pink 11/21, 25,980 yen. Special edition pre-orders start soon.
23:13 Epic Mickey 2 features Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and other forgotten characters.
23:15 Epic Mickey 2 Wii U 9/26, 6090 yen. 3DS sidescroller 9/26, 5040 yen.
23:16 Monster Hunter Frontier Online G Wii U now. Over 100 monster types. 1000s of weapons.
23:17 MH Frontier G free to play to hunter rank 2. 60-day beginner's pack avail. 12/11.
23:18 Demae-can food delivery service starts on Wii U tomorrow, 8/8.
23:19 Rayman Legends Wii U now. Choose any world to play. Rayman action variety.
23:20 Mario & Luigi costumes for Rayman and friends. Legends 10/17. Wii Fit U 10/31.
23:21 Art Academy Sketch, a portion of the full game for Miiverse posting, on Wii U following this presentation for 400 yen. Full game coming later.
23:23 Wii Karaoke U free day on August 10th.
23:24 Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Shadow Triforce in the logo. Other world's Triforce.
23:25 Link turns into a drawing, travels between light/dark worlds. Ganon long-sealed, takes place in the distant future from LTTP. Different Link from LTTP.
23:26 Zelda: A Link Between Worlds coming early 2014. Wind Waker HD now.
23:27 Collect items, solve puzzles. Upgraded graphics. Events, WW controls tuned.
23:28 Zelda WW HD 9/26, 5985 yen.
23:29 Year of Luigi TV commercial w/ Luigi's Mansion 2, M&LRPG4, NSLU starts tomorrow.
23:30 Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS screenshots w/ Luigi. SMB2 (Lost Levels) Wii U VC today.
23:31 Mario Golf: World Tour 3DS delayed to 2014. Iwata apologizes.
23:32 Darumeshi Sports Shop, 3DS DL title. Multiple sports mini-games on sale.
23:33 Batting, catching, bat lathing, etc. Unlock buyable games/discounts through play.
23:34 Negotiate prices w/ Darumeshi. Available following presentation.
23:35 Daigasso Band Bros. now. Multiplayer on per-instrument basis, 72 types.
23:37 Take your picture and apply it to an in-game singer. Auto-tune voice with chart. Become a Producer and a Professional in Daigasso Band Bros. P for 3DS.
23:38 Become a Producer and a Professional in Daigasso Band Bros. P for 3DS.
23:39 Trailers available on eShop. Next: Animal Crossing news.
23:39 Animal Crossing Community on Miiverse.
23:41 Animal Crossing Wara-Wara Plaza on Wii U. Screenshot, QR code management.
23:42 Post your animals to Miiverse. Animal Crossing Plaza free following presentation, for a limited time only.
23:43 Wonderful 101 Direct on 8/9 at 11 pm, Japan Time. The presentation is now over.

VanWinkle

that and SM3DW are most likely going to be shown in the Sep/Oct Direct. Those games aren't out until Nov & Dec so they aren't going to be talked about now.

Ah, okay, did Nintendo say that this Direct will focus on titles releasing from now to October? I probably missed that.

Top Bottom