• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2012

They should put up the Kid Icarus anime shorts for purchase already.

Also, new EU Nicalis launch promises.

VVVVVV - First half of May
NightSky - June/July

Yeah, right.

I already discussed that in other thread, but I must add that Ikachan for DSiWare will also be available in June/July and that they're still working with Nigoro on La-Mulana. Don't forget they've also promised a 2012 release for 1001 Spikes on 3DS and Wii U!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I already discussed that in other thread, but I must add that Ikachan for DSiWare will also be available in June/July and that they're still working with Nigoro on La-Mulana. Don't forget they've also promised a 2012 release for 1001 Spikes on 3DS and Wii U!

Thanks! And great news. Will add Ikachan to the future releases list.

Both versions of 1001 Spikes are already there, though.

Brazil

eShop game announcements are falling from the skies these days.

BiP's Vikings to Invade 3DS eShop

DSiWare tower defence game Viking Invasion got in there before the genre hit market saturation on DSi. Publisher BiP Media is lining up a second attack wave, this time heading toward the 3DS eShop, with Viking Invasion 2: Olaf's Return.

Pockett.net has the exclusive on the title, with new weapons, tower types and divine powers to put to good use. Details of the game's length are thin on the ground, but we'll keep you updated.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/04/bips_vikings_to_invade_3ds_eshop

REEF ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES ALIEN CHAOS 3D for EUROPEAN RELEASE.

Fight the alien invasion then clean up afterwards as Really Shooter & Mama hit the Nintendo 3DS™ eShop.

London, April 16th: UK video game publisher Reef Entertainment today announced the European release of ALIEN CHAOS 3D only for the Nintendo 3DS™ downloadable via the Nintendo eShop.

Really Shooter & Poor Mama run a cleaning business - on the side Really takes commando jobs. When the animal robot aliens invade no further excuses are required for a side-on, room-clearing blast-a-thon….

However when you’re a cleaner as well as a commando things are never that simple. While engaging the alien hordes Really must sweep empty shells into recycling stations to make ammo and clean-up walls to earn points and credit from Mama.

Features:

Really uses an arsenal of different weapons spanning the Peashooter right the way up to the Explosive Flaming Chainsaw Shotgun.
The animal robot alien hordes include robo-boxing kangaroos, rocket spiked hedgehogs, shield carrying hippos and robo-frog fodder.
Debris, sparks, smoke and flaming chainsaws pop from the screen in 3D.
5 chapters, 30 levels and 5 deadly bosses.
Exchange high scores with friends and other players via Street Pass.

ALIEN CHAOS 3D will be available on Nintendo eShop across Europe Summer ’12.

Screens here, interview with the developers by Nintendo Life here.

Hmmm, that was what I'd feared :(
At only 90p I'll probably buy the video on Thursday out of sheer curiosity, although it probably is my favourite of all that have been shown so far.
Nintendo Video is such a missed opportunity!
If only they had folder-like sections which split content between Animation / Live Action / Trailers / Paid Content / Eurosport / etc... then it would have been a lot better. Feels ridiculously limited as is.

Just wanted to say thanks too all those who PM'd me to help out with getting my hands on a download code for Kid Icarus 3D Classic. Finally have it on my 3DS now, really enjoying it, currently made it further then I've ever made it in the game before. Now if only we could see more 3D Classic announcements :D I'd kill for a version of Metroid or Castlevania done like this.

Somnid

Wasnt Nintendo going to do movie stuff with the 3DS? What happened with that?

That's Nintendo Video (E3 2010 movie trailers). It was always supposed to be short-form video: trailers, shorts, music videos. Netflix was promising 3D content eventually too.

donny2112

Netflix was promising 3D content eventually too.

That was a misquote from Reggie combining 3-D video (Nintendo Video) and Netflix in the same announcement. The story became 3-D video from Netflix. Netflix later denied that 3-D content was coming, though.

Brazil

uxwGK.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Arc Style: Sangokushi Pinball (Arc System Works | ¥500) Upcoming (04/25)
  • Bloody Vampire (Silver Star Japan | ¥600) Upcoming (04/25)

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

Seriously, if Nintendo doesn't do some kind of VC game for the update in NA, I'm going to play in traffic.

Hope you got your pants ready. I'm sure they would've announced titles for VC like they did with all the titles for the US.

At this point, I wouldn't put it pass them to not release any VC even when there's nothing.

I'd love to play that MegaTen game. Chances of coming to America soon?

Well, it came out in the US originally, hence the English name, but that would require Nintendo to release anything on the Virtual Console. That said, it's not like most Megami Tensei games, at least in setting. It's set in a more traditional medieval fantasy world and just isn't as interesting as most games in the series.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Well, it came out in the US originally, hence the English name, but that would require Nintendo to release anything on the Virtual Console.

It's a third-party title - it's up to Atlus to release it, Nintendo doesn't solicit this stuff.

They haven't released any of the older SMT stuff on the VC outside of Japan, so you shouldn't get your hopes up.

@MUWANdo

Banned
OFLC has outed Vampire: Master of Darkness for Game Gear. It's the most blatant Castlevania clone you're ever likely to play, but that's not a bad thing. It's right up there with the best of the GG's library. Good shit.

radcliff

What is even worse than the Wii VC's release schedule is that we know the next game is most likely Super SF II, a game that is already available on the service! So for something completely new, we would need to wait for the next release. Given NOA's release Wii VC release schedule, that could be around E3. Its just so unnecessarily unbearable.

Japan gets awesome vc games every week, America gets nothing.
It's PSN and Wii VC all over again.

Note to Sony and Nintendo of America:
A lot of gamers prefer retro gaming. Please release more consistently.
Thank you.

Roto13

3D Classics Kid Icarus
Pyramids Demo Version
I Must Run! (DSiWare)

Kid Icarus is kind of like a Virtual Console game, I guess?

Somnid

Well at least there's Dinosaur Office.

I guess this drought has worked for me as the one-two punch of Kid Icarus and Xenoblade have created a massive time sink. Still have about 5 other games sitting on my desk and I still didn't get Dillon's Rolling Western. Do want some Wario though.

Roto13

Looks like there's nothing for Wii again this week. The Wii Virtual Console has a pretty great library, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't release more, especially when there's nothing else to put up.

It's a third-party title - it's up to Atlus to release it, Nintendo doesn't solicit this stuff.

They haven't released any of the older SMT stuff on the VC outside of Japan, so you shouldn't get your hopes up.

Yes, I know it's an Atlus game. To be clear, I mean it's unlikely because NOTHING is coming out on the system's VC right now, and that fact I blame on Nintendo regardless of the individual game publishers, but the game did come out in the US.

That said, the VC games in Japan seem to be all games I picked up a few months ago from bargain bins at Book Off and Second Street, so they're not doing me much good. I think Trip World is the only game I don't have for the 3DS VC that I want. I made a point of picking up all the Wario and Kirby games shortly after I got to Japan.

Maxrunner

Does anyone knows how nintendo is going to deal with wii digital content migration???i kinda want to buy super metroid and castlevania turbogrfax but im affraid of losing this stuff...

90sRobots

Surprised they released Kid Icarus so quickly. Good for those who didn't get Uprising at Gamestop or buying separately at Gamestop.com. Bad for those who realize there's two levels of painful grinding before getting to the fun stuff.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Surprised they released Kid Icarus so quickly. Good for those who didn't get Uprising at Gamestop or buying separately at Gamestop.com. Bad for those who realize there's two levels of painful grinding before getting to the fun stuff.

I got it from preordering at Amazon, so it wasn't a Gamestop exclusive.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Looks like there's nothing for Wii again this week. The Wii Virtual Console has a pretty great library, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't release more, especially when there's nothing else to put up.

I've accepted the Wii Virtual Console being dead, but it'll take me a while longer to come to grips with the 3DS Virtual Console being dead.

I've accepted the Wii Virtual Console being dead, but it'll take me a while longer to come to grips with the 3DS Virtual Console being dead.
What's astonishing is how quickly they managed to get around to killing it. Wii VC went strong all the way up until WiiWare came out, several years into the Wii's lifespan. 3DS VC didn't even last a year.

Roto13

The best part is we're getting both a demo and a 3D Classic this week, which means this is technically a big week for the 3DS eShop. :p

Top Bottom