• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2013

Do I need to transfer my VC Games from Wii to WiiU in order to get the discount? I guess i do, don't i?

Unless they've managed to do some kind of linking through your Club Nintendo account - i.e. all of my VC games are listed on my Club Nintendo "Games & Systems", and I've linked my Wii U to that account - then I expect doing the transfer will be the only way to do it.

Assuming you mean Picross, it's all new puzzles. Not really a port, more a spruced-up version for the SNES.
I might be forgetting bits but they also go up to 25x25 in size (game boy screen size made that impossible), seems like a good fit for the Gamepad. Its a shame the picross NP games will never come out (though I think it was only the NP puzzles that were new and there were about 12 of those per volume, they handled it well as free DLC for picross DS...for non-European versions).

Svafnir

Unless they've managed to do some kind of linking through your Club Nintendo account - i.e. all of my VC games are listed on my Club Nintendo "Games & Systems", and I've linked my Wii U to that account - then I expect doing the transfer will be the only way to do it.

I believe it goes through club Nintendo, the Wii u has no access to the Wii stuff, when in Wii u mode does it?

Robin64

I might be forgetting bits but they also go up to 25x25 in size (game boy screen size made that impossible), seems like a good fit for the Gamepad. Its a shame the picross NP games will never come out (though I think it was only the NP puzzles that were new and there were about 12 of those per volume, they handled it well as free DLC for picross DS...for non-European versions).

They did go bigger too, yeah, which was excellent.

As for the NP game, I'd love to see those. Each one had a page of puzzles based on Nintendo games, such as Ocarina of Time and Mario 64. The crayon aesthetic was really cute, too.

I believe it goes through club Nintendo, the Wii u has no access to the Wii stuff, when in Wii u mode does it?

No, but I'm assuming that when you've transferred your Wii content to the Wii U some kind of ticket is created/flag raised that can be used to identify what titles you have tied to your system. If they've got it working seamlessly, any titles on the eShop that you are entitled to get for the upgrade price should then be identified as such when you're browsing their product info pages.

ngower

Downloaded 'Tetris: Axis' last night, mostly for the Club Nintendo points. Gave some of the game modes a spin and was pretty bored, to be honest. Even at $10 it seems like a pretty mediocre offering, at least in the early goings. I suppose titles like Pac Man: Championship Edition have spoiled me regarding what a retro re-release/re-make can be.

Robin64

I'm not going to purchase any full price NES games for Wii U when I've already been buying them on my 3DS. I have practially all of the ones they've released (they have been a great selection), so the thought of paying *again* is horrible.

zigg

Downloaded 'Tetris: Axis' last night, mostly for the Club Nintendo points. Gave some of the game modes a spin and was pretty bored, to be honest. Even at $10 it seems like a pretty mediocre offering, at least in the early goings. I suppose titles like Pac Man: Championship Edition have spoiled me regarding what a retro re-release/re-make can be.
The existence of Tetris DS makes all other Tetris games appear mediocre.

The multiplayer mode in Axis is pretty awful, though. Crap items, and the mandatory snoozefest if you happen to lose while other players are still going at it…

Somnid

I'm not going to purchase any full price NES games for Wii U when I've already been buying them on my 3DS. I have practially all of the ones they've released (they have been a great selection), so the thought of paying *again* is horrible.

I'm the opposite. Not buying any 3DS NES games.

D-e-f-

Banned

Also, why would you? If you wanna play them at home or in bed just do so on the 3DS. Other than not having Miiverse access, there's nothing you lose.

Robin64

Also, why would you? If you wanna play them at home or in bed just do so on the 3DS. Other than not having Miiverse access, there's nothing you lose.

Huge screen, Classic Controller comfort, customisable controls, more suitable for multiplayer. Plus the Miiverse.

Robin64

I hope North America gets Mario's Super Picross this generation. :(

371dg1sfyyg2x_happy_face.png
3m7xl8wswa6xc_happy_face.png
3tv6y4ibxyjc3_happy_face.png
26ujmsow4zido_happy_face.png
mgnkxn3l9c1u_happy_face.png

What's with NoA and its aversion of Picross?
I still think this warrents a proper investigation as at this point. Did they release the Mario's Picross on 3DS? If they didn't it could be some sort of rights thing.

Europe even got Mario's Super Picross as an import on Wii!
If I'm not mistaken America got Mario's Super Picross as free DLC* for Picross DS. Meanwhile, Europe got 2 packs of Mario's Picross and NOE forgot about it...

*-Its a shame the DS couldn't handle DLC well and you wouldn't see such lavish offerings of free DLC from Nintendo these days.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Not at all.

It's a very solid Pure clone. Online is solid as well. I've played about 17 hours, I'd say I got my $8 worth. It's a steal at $6, especially if you like arcade racers.
I never played Pure. I'll watch some gameplay videos then, maybe I was mistaken about it.

The problem is that I already have Mario Kart 7, I don't know if I'll play another racer right now.

Chrom

I still think this warrents a proper investigation as at this point. Did they release the Mario's Picross on 3DS? If they didn't it could be some sort of rights thing.

They did release Mario's Picross on the American 3DS Virtual Console. I have it.

I am also very curious as to what's up with this ordeal.

D-e-f-

Banned
I'd be happy to pay the 0.99/1.50 to upgrade, but they only give the option coming from the Wii and not the 3DS, for some reason.

I'd say just hold out until the eventual account unification happens (which might be sooner rather than later from what the little birdies are whispering).

It would suck if you jump in for full price purchases and then some 3-6 months later there is cross-play for NES titles or something.

zigg

Iwata has identified the lack of Picross as the poison in the American performance well and is taking over NOA to rectify this very problem. Believe.

zroid

Banned
NOA is holding Super Mario Picross hostage until Jupiter releases Picross-e here. :(

it's a self-perpetuating cycle of no picross

beje

Banned
I'd say just hold out until the eventual account unification happens (which might be sooner rather than later from what the little birdies are whispering).

It would suck if you jump in for full price purchases and then some 3-6 months later there is cross-play for NES titles or something.

I guess that if such thing ever happens, they'll do something similar to the people that paid 5 bucks for the internet browser on Wii after it stepped out of beta only to have it for free again: just give you the credit back (or a free NES game, I can't remember). This should be the same, if it detects you have a duplicated game it should give you a refund for one of the copies or vouchers for more VC games at the very least.

D-e-f-

Banned
I guess that if such thing ever happens, they'll do something similar to the people that paid 5 bucks for the internet browser on Wii after it stepped out of beta only to have it for free again: just give you the credit back (or a free NES game, I can't remember). This should be the same, if it detects you have a duplicated game it should give you a refund for one of the copies or vouchers for more VC games at the very least.

That's how it should be, yeah.

zoukka

lol I tried Pokemon Mystery Dungeon demo and it never lets me actually play right? Been tapping A to progress dialogue for 10 minutes now... what a horrible start.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
7f5TM.png

Wii U | Virtual Console

• Balloon Fight (Nintendo | NES | $4.99) Latest release!
  • Donkey Kong Jr. (Nintendo | NES | $4.99) Latest release!
  • Excitebike (Nintendo | NES | $4.99) Latest release!
  • F-Zero (Nintendo | Super NES | $7.99) Latest release!
  • Ice Climber (Nintendo | NES | $4.99) Latest release!
  • Kirby's Adventure (Nintendo | NES | $4.99) Latest release!
  • Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (Nintendo | NES | $4.99) Latest release!
  • Super Mario World (Nintendo | Super NES | $7.99) Latest release!

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I caved and bought SMW. There's no Miiverse for it just yet, but it controls just as good as always. I'm a little stuck from NSMBU and trying to use the shoulder buttons to spin/extra jump.

Upgraded SMW. Downloading panorama for the heck of it. Probably delete when I'm done with it. Question how long does it usually take to get the ddp points added to your account after download? SMW should have put me over 500 but it hasn't updated on the website yet.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Upgraded SMW. Downloading panorama for the heck of it. Probably delete when I'm done with it. Question how long does it usually take to get the ddp points added to your account after download? SMW should have put me over 500 but it hasn't updated on the website yet.

I think 24 hours.

I just downloaded Crazy Construction. This may be the most insane thing I've ever played.

Building towers on hopes and dreams, and defeating middle management...FOR JUSTICE!!!

Glass Rebel

I wanted to download the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon demo and noticed that it's priced lower than other retail titles

itshappening.gif

Top Bottom