• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2013

Rikkun

Do we have at least an hint about Pokémon Scramble U's western release? I wanted to save money for that but I'm tempted to buy SMW :(

I keep getting random sd card removed in Crimson Shroud, is this a known problem with this game, never had this before with other games, hesitating to play because not sure when it will pop up.

M3d10n

I keep getting random sd card removed in Crimson Shroud, is this a known problem with this game, never had this before with other games, hesitating to play because not sure when it will pop up.
Is you try using the repair option in the eShop? It's somewhere in the eShop menu and it verifies data integrity of all your games and redownloads anything it finds broken.

moogrose

I'll be getting a wii u thursday - is there any way for me to take advantage of the trine 2 sale before I actually have the console on hand??

tsab

Can any gaffers recommend Aero Porter at the sale price it's at right now? Tempted to buy, but I can't tell if I'll like it.

If you like puzzle games you'll like it.
It was made from the Seaman dude so you know it's not your standard tetris-type of game

edit: I tell you what, if you don't honestly like it I'll gift you a steam game.

Roto13

Aero Porter is great if you like interesting puzzle games but hate being able to play them at a difficulty level that's actually manageable.

serplux

YxnYL4L.png

Dan's been assigned to a new project of some sort!

Also:

uhwP05S.png

Japan controls our VC output.

Robin64

Europe's VC stuff this week:

3DS
Balloon Fight (Nintendo, NES VC) - €3.99/£3.59
Ice Climber (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£4.49
Mario & Yoshi (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£4.49
Super C (Konami, NES VC) - €4.99/£4.49

Wii U
Pac-Man (Namco Bandai, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49
Mega Man (CAPCOM, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

BriBri

3DS

Wii U
TWO NES games for Wii U? Jeez. Absolutely fucking pathetic.

Phoenixus

3DS

Wii U

Buh? 4 NES games for 3DS in one go? Half of them are pretty much already on the WiiU VC already... wonder if that account unification is coming sooner rather than later. :/

serplux

3DS

Wii U

o_O Variable prices on NES games?

If you like puzzle games you'll like it.
It was made from the Seaman dude so you know it's not your standard tetris-type of game

edit: I tell you what, if you don't honestly like it I'll gift you a steam game.

Aero Porter is great if you like interesting puzzle games but hate being able to play them at a difficulty level that's actually manageable.

Thanks for the recommendations. Decided to buy it since I like playing time-wasters on the bus.

It's actually pretty fun. I'm not good at multi-tasking (for lack of a better term) so I'm gonna see if this game will improve my brain.

D-e-f-

Banned
What's worse than only getting two games this week? Those two games being PAL versions. Ugh! (It doesn't say but that just means there's no chance of them being NTSC versions)

serplux

What's worse than only getting two games this week? Those two games being PAL versions. Ugh! (It doesn't say but that just means there's no chance of them being NTSC versions)

Weren't all of the Wii U VC launch titles the NTSC versions? You're getting the 60Hz versions.

liger05

3DS

Wii U

I'll get Mario & Yoshi & Super C on the 3DS.

Wii U update is poor but not surprising.

D-e-f-

Banned
Weren't all of the Wii U VC launch titles the NTSC versions? You're getting the 60Hz versions.

That game had translations though. Pac Man and Mega Man don't.

The release list for the week ALWAYS pointed out whether it was the NTSC or PAL version, though. This week it doesn't. Add that to Balloon Fight and Kirby's Adventure being PAL versions and Mega Man and Pac-Man being third party games (= wild cards), and you have a pretty good chance of this being PAL versions.

serplux

The release list for the week ALWAYS pointed out whether it was the NTSC or PAL version, though. This week it doesn't. Add that to Balloon Fight and Kirby's Adventure being PAL versions and Mega Man and Pac-Man being third party games (= wild cards), and you have a pretty good chance of this being PAL versions.

Third party VC releases are controlled by Nintendo. They are not wild cards. I'm 95% sure that it's going to be the NTSC versions.

Sendou

Third party VC releases are controlled by Nintendo. They are not wild cards. I'm 95% sure that it's going to be the NTSC versions.

I was sure too after Punch-Out and F-Zero that they wouldn't go back to 50Hz games. Nintendo has the ability to surprise people for better and worse.

Doczu

You've got to be kidding me... Mega Man? Again? For the THIRD TIME? FFS Nintendo, get your shit together and DO SOMETHING.

vareon

Harvest Moon: A New Beginning is not on the eShop, isn't it? :< It's hard to find the game at a normal price in this country.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This week in Europe

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Go up, up and away with this NES classic from the 1980s. In Balloon Fight you have one simple mission: pop or be popped! Burst enemies' balloons from above, and hit them again before they have time to re-inflate. Danger comes from the sky or sea, too; watch out for lightning strikes and a very hungry fish. Balloon Fight also features a two-player mode with cooperative and competitive play, plus a survival mode called Balloon Trip - which may be familiar to fans of Nintendo Land!

Conquer treacherous peaks, leap across icy chasms and swat snow-dwelling beasts - solo or with a friend - in this NES classic. Use your hammer to bash blocks and to defend yourself from the wildlife as you head towards the summit. Make it through all eight floors to reach the bonus stage and grab as many vegetables as you can before hitching a lift on a friendly condor. In two-player mode, either work together to reach the mountaintop or compete to see who can get the glory first!

Mario & Yoshi is a fast-paced NES puzzle game in which you must mix and match falling characters and piece together eggshells to free the Yoshi trapped inside. Simply move Mario back and forth to catch the falling Little Goombas, Boo Buddies, Bloopers and Piranha Plants. Capture creatures between two eggshell halves and you'll release a Yoshi; the more creatures you capture, the larger the Yoshi and the bigger the bonus! Mario & Yoshi also features a split-screen, simultaneous two-player mode that brings Luigi into play.

Alien warmonger Red Falcon is back! Thought to have been defeated by the heroic warriors Mad Dog and Scorpion, he's assembled a force of evil minions to attack Earth. Based on the hit arcade game, Super C is the sequel to the classic Contra. Battle through intense side-scrolling and top-down viewpoint shooter action, and save the planet.

Picdun 2: Witch's Curse (INTENSE) - €4.99/£4.49
In the new Picdun, take on 60 dungeon levels with a young lady as your partner - an Archer, Whipper or Spellcaster. Cover all tiles on a floor to reveal the hidden picture.

My Riding Stables 3D - Jumping for the Team (Treva Entertainment) - €39.99/£34.99
An exciting 3D horse adventure awaits you! Which family will win the coveted pasture? Immerse yourself in this gripping tale of true friendship and sinister plots. Train the ranch horses, take good care of them, and prepare for the final deciding tournament.

Special offers
Marvel Pinball 3D (Zen Studios) - €3.49/£2.99 (Ends May 9, normally €6.99/£6.29)

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Pac-Man needs no introduction; it's one of the most popular video games ever made! Move Pac-Man through the mazes, avoiding ghosts and eating all the Pac-Dots. Beware though; each of the ghosts behave differently! When Pac-Man chomps a Power Pellet, he becomes invincible, and is able to eat the blue ghosts. The more ghosts Pac-Man eats in a row, the higher the score. Don't forget to eat the bonus fruit, too!

Mega Man's original adventure blasts onto Nintendo eShop! The series became famous for its challenging mix of platforming and shoot 'em up action, and here you can see how it all began. As a super-robot created by the genius Dr. Light, it's up to Mega Man to traverse ten unique stages and beat the devious Robot Masters designed by evil Dr. Wily. Beating each boss allows Mega Man to use its trademark weapon, giving you an advantage in other stages - a technique still used in the series today.

Special offers - Zen Pinball 2 Marvel DLC
Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles Pack - €4.99/£3.99 (Ends May 9, €9.99/£7.99)
Marvel Pinball: Original Pack - €4.99/£3.99 (Ends May 9, €9.99/£7.99)
Marvel Pinball: Vengeance & Virtue Pack - €4.99/£3.99 (Ends May 9, €9.99/£7.99)
Fantastic Four Table - €1.49/£1.19 (Ends May 9, €2.99/£2.39)
Captain America Table - €1.49/£1.19 (Ends May 9, €2.99/£2.39)
Civil War Table - €1.49/£1.19 (Ends May 9, €2.99/£2.39)

Nintendo DSiWare

Publisher Dream (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.79
Ever dream about making and publishing your own digital games? Publisher Dream is a simulation game that places you in the owner's seat of a company called "Triangle". Triangle focuses on a digital platform called "cShop" for development and publishing endeavours. You can hire people to develop various game genres, and control the game budgets and quality to safeguard limited resources. Do you want to be one of the biggest publishers on cShop? This may be a great way to test your skills before actually starting your own game company.

sakipon

Is that Publisher Dream a bad game? I'd really like to have something like that for dedicated handhelds instead of mobile.

Well the launch games all being the 60hz versions gave me a little hope after the Kirby nonsense, good to see we're back to ol' reliable 50hz.

I guess there's no convincing you (or me) otherwise until Thursday, huh? :p

Every other game that's been 60hz has noted so. There is no reason to believe these are the NTSC versions.

serplux

I'll believe when I see it. That's how it is with this company. Rationality won't get you anywhere.

Every other game that's been 60hz has noted so. There is no reason to believe these are the NTSC versions.

The fact that every launch game was 60hz was an indicator that every future NES/SNES game (barring some games that may have had translations) will be the NTSC version to me. I understand your guys' hesitation, but I have every reason to believe that the games will be the NTSC versions.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Is that Publisher Dream a bad game? I'd really like to have something like that for dedicated handhelds instead of mobile.

Most Circle Entertainment games are shovelware, but I've heard their other Kairosoft clone (Bookstore Dream) was okay, so maybe this game will be, too. I think I read that it has cameos from Keith Webb and some other DSiWare indie dudes, or something?

Glass Rebel

I'll take 2 games a week. We'll be done with NES and SNES games in about a year if that's the case.

I think 4 games for the 3DS is good and 2 games for Wii U would be okay if the VC on Wii didn't exist :p

I hope those being Ambassador games is a sign that they're running out of stuff to release. Fingers crossed for GBA.

Top Bottom