• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2013

Sleepy

Xevious
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)
Super Mario Bros. 3
Street Fighter II
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Another damn Street Fighter II game
Solomon's Key
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Super Ghouls'n Ghosts
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Donkey Kong
Super Metroid

tumblr_lqkdjo4T5t1qa6av9.gif

Then realizing it is WiiU not 3DS:

ZlPuU.gif

Transferred my Wii data to my new Wii U this weekend, and noticed that I had 800 Wii Points left that I'd forgotten about. They transferred too (which surprised the hell out of me actually, props to Nintendo for once).

With that said, does anyone have any suggestions for an obscure 800 (or less) points VC/WiiWare game I should give a try? I like SHMUPs, Action, Platformers, and some RPGs. Basically, if anyone has a random game in those categories they would like to see supported, I'll buy it; not gonna be using Wii VC much anymore I suspect, certainly not adding more points to the account, and I'm guessing few new releases will be coming out now that the WiiU is 6+ months old.

Any suggestions?

You may give me money whenever you like; just PM me for my paypal :p

I've been really lazy lately and haven't made a lot of progress on my new game in a while though. I'm still hoping for a release date before the end of the year. Hopefully sooner, but it's still very early in the development and at this rate it might be much later.
Will do! Not joking!

Quality takes time, before the end of the year would be awesome but not as awesome as a wonderful game when it's ready.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Transferred my Wii data to my new Wii U this weekend, and noticed that I had 800 Wii Points left that I'd forgotten about. They transferred too (which surprised the hell out of me actually, props to Nintendo for once).

With that said, does anyone have any suggestions for an obscure 800 (or less) points VC/WiiWare game I should give a try? I like SHMUPs, Action, Platformers, and some RPGs. Basically, if anyone has a random game in those categories they would like to see supported, I'll buy it; not gonna be using Wii VC much anymore I suspect, certainly not adding more points to the account, and I'm guessing few new releases will be coming out now that the WiiU is 6+ months old.

Any suggestions?

Follow-up to this--I'm in the same boat, but here's what I'm wondering about;

If I buy a game on the Wii Virtual Console in Wii Mode of a Wii U console, and that same game is released for the Wii U Virtual Console, am I eligible for upgrade pricing or do I need to buy from scratch since I didn't transfer the purchase from a previous Wii? I'd like to launder my old Wii Points into a sizable discount on something like ALTTP or FFII/FFIII/Chrono Trigger, but if I'm not eligible for upgrade pricing then it's kind of a waste and I'd go with WiiWare.

If I buy a game on the Wii Virtual Console in Wii Mode of a Wii U console, and that same game is released for the Wii U Virtual Console, am I eligible for upgrade pricing or do I need to buy from scratch since I didn't transfer the purchase from a previous Wii?

Hm. Interesting question. I would assume that if you buy a game from the Wii Shop on your Wii U, it would set a flag that says "this console/user is eligible for upgrade pricing on this title", just as transferring over your existing library does. Only way to be sure though is to see if someone else has done the same - purchasing one of the launch titles, perhaps? - or to contact Nintendo direct.

serplux

If I buy a game on the Wii Virtual Console in Wii Mode of a Wii U console, and that same game is released for the Wii U Virtual Console, am I eligible for upgrade pricing or do I need to buy from scratch since I didn't transfer the purchase from a previous Wii? I'd like to launder my old Wii Points into a sizable discount on something like ALTTP or FFII/FFIII/Chrono Trigger, but if I'm not eligible for upgrade pricing then it's kind of a waste and I'd go with WiiWare.

Yup, you're eligible. Go forth.

Somebody get Dan in touch with these guys: http://kck.st/ZYguoQ

Game looks great so far: http://youtu.be/oKA5Bud-J7c

They have the Wii U Version stretch goal as the last stretch goal (and being well over double the initial goal). I think they might have already spoke with Dan (at PAX East they were right next to Ackk Studios developing a couple Wii U games soon, so they could have had him drop by). The fact the Wii U version is so far away from the main goal compared to literally every other platform they want to develop for tells me they won't be making a Wii U version for some time if ever.

GulAtiCa

It won't. That stretch goal is insane...

Certainly not impossible. That Buddy game in last 7 days went from "nothing" to fully funded after it started to get promoted after it's Wii U stretch goal was revealed (though sadly missed). Of course, this is high, so unlikely. But not impossible.

Elija2

I bought a $20 prepaid card for my 3DS and after buying Crimson Shroud and Crashmo I only have $4.20 left. Is there anything good that I can buy on the eshop for less than that?

-Horizon-

I've just noticed recently on the US 3DS eshop that Virtue's Last Reward has Price: TBD.

I don't think that was there before (if it was, please correct me) and this is just wishful thinking on my part but I hope this means it'll be downloadable soon.

L Thammy

I bought a $20 prepaid card for my 3DS and after buying Crimson Shroud and Crashmo I only have $4.20 left. Is there anything good that I can buy on the eshop for less than that?

Seconding Donkey Kong '94. Also, Kirby's Block Ball is pretty good, sort of like Arkanoid with boss fights and other tricks. Kirby's Pinball Land is also a pretty cool game but the difficulty is pretty unreasonable.

Somnid

Yup, you're eligible. Go forth.

I'd like to follow up with it's the same price whether you get a Wii U version or a Wii version but to get the Wii U upgrade from a Wii version you will have to pay the upgrade still. So depending on how much you expect it to come any time soon (or if you will play it anytime soon) you may want to consider waiting and getting something else. If you are just thinking of your Wii Shop points as "free" money then maybe it doesn't matter.

I've just noticed recently on the US 3DS eshop that Virtue's Last Reward has Price: TBD.

I don't think that was there before (if it was, please correct me) and this is just wishful thinking on my part but I hope this means it'll be downloadable soon.
Been there since the game launched. :(

Zia

I asked this in another thread and it went unanswered. I thought maybe someone in this thread would know:

Does anyone know how if there's a way to toggle back and forth between SP and MP modes in Bomberman '94? It seems to me that, once you've chosen a mode you're locked into it and can't go back to the main menu without resetting (Virtual Console), which is kind of a bummer for someone that doesn't have the time to polish it off in one sitting. Seems strange, even for a game of its age. An I missing something?

zroid

Banned
The total for it comes to $4.51 :(

that's a lot of tax. try switching your province/state to one with less/no taxes.

edit: Based on your 13% tax, I'm gonna wager a guess that you're in Ontario? Switch to Alberta and it'll cost $4.19 (if my math is right).

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Somebody get Dan in touch with these guys: http://kck.st/ZYguoQ

Game looks great so far: http://youtu.be/oKA5Bud-J7c

Edit: Doh, Just noticed the Wii U is one of the stretch goals. Hopefully it hits $180,000

If we can talk about Kickstarter games for Nintendo DD, I want to drop this one into conversation.

DnUevdF.gif

C-Wars. The game has met funding, but it just needs a bit more for 3DS and Wii U. I think it would be a pretty cool game for either platform. Does anyone know if this has a thread or not?

Elija2

that's a lot of tax. try switching your province/state to one with less/no taxes.

edit: Based on your 13% tax, I'm gonna wager a guess that you're in Ontario? Switch to Alberta and it'll cost $4.19 (if my math is right).

That worked, thanks!

I guess I should just keep my location to Alberta to save money then. I wish I had known to do that before buying Crimson Shroud and Crashmo.

n64coder

Honestly, Mega Man 2 is the best place to start. It has an easy setting (called "Normal") which is perfect for beginners and it is, really, the best of the bunch too.

Thanks for the suggestion. I bought it and am having a blast. I have defeated Bubble Man and Wood Man and am really getting into it. It's sad that I didn't discover it before but better late than never!

JavyOO7

I've never seen that before. Oh man I hope its true...

d+pad

Just poppin' my little ol' head in here to say that I'm currently loving Witch & Hero (3DS). I wasn't at all sure I'd like it at first, but it's steadily grown on me to the point that I'm playing it whenever I have a few minutes to spare.

Anyone else playing and enjoying this one, too?

Man, Kirby's Adventure is so much fun. Played it a bit a long time ago but never got far into it (was very young at the time). So pumped to get back home and play through it some more. EASILY worth the $0.30. Hell, might be the best bang-for-my-3/10ths-of-a-buck ever.

https://twitter.com/ShinenGames/status/329246778643841026
Shin'en said:
Shin'en Spring Sale on US eShop starts today!

Get ALL Shin'en eShop games with a 30% discount. Only for a limited time. Catch them all!
This was mentioned on the previous page, but the sale prices are now live.

Nano Assault EX is $9.99 (was $14.99)
Art of Balance Touch is $4.99 (was $6.99)
Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! is $3.49 (was $4.99)

All are great and worth it! Not sure if Nano Assault NEO is on sale as well, can anyone check?

JavyOO7

https://twitter.com/ShinenGames/status/329246778643841026

This was mentioned on the previous page, but the sale prices are now live.

Nano Assault EX is $9.99 (was $14.99)
Art of Balance Touch is $4.99 (was $6.99)
Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! is $3.49 (was $4.99)

All are great and worth it! Not sure if Nano Assault NEO is on sale as well, can anyone check?

I'm assuming it was since they said all eShop games, and Neo is apart of the eShop... just on WiiU side. =p

Great sales either way. I might have to bite on their Balance Touch! game.

zigg

Is there a quick summary of the differences between EX and NEO (and maybe any other Nano Assault games I'm not aware of)?

Glass Joe

Nano Assault Neo IS in fact on sale on the U's eShop. $6.99 I believe.

Is there a quick summary of the differences between EX and NEO (and maybe any other Nano Assault games I'm not aware of)?

The 3DS one is actually quite a bit different. There's more variety in the gameplay and more content overall. It doesn't always run as well (there's some slowdown) and some of the gameplay differences aren't as fun, IMO. But still a great game.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
If we can talk about Kickstarter games for Nintendo DD, I want to drop this one into conversation.

DnUevdF.gif

C-Wars. The game has met funding, but it just needs a bit more for 3DS and Wii U. I think it would be a pretty cool game for either platform. Does anyone know if this has a thread or not?

Looks really good, and has a good chance at hitting the 3DS goal I'd say.

Neff

Quick, someone figure if Metroid is 60Hz.

The proportions look kind of squashy, but all the games look the same, I think it's just the way the video is composited into the TV/Gamepad frame for the vid.

Looking at it again, the speed doesn't seem too far off. It's hard to say.

zroid

Banned
what on earth, my Wii's blue notification light just went on. I can't believe Nintendo is still sending messages. o-0

edit: it's a Wii U advertisement :lol

Top Bottom