• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2013

serplux

I think 4 games for the 3DS is good and 2 games for Wii U would be okay if the VC on Wii didn't exist :p

I hope those being Ambassador games is a sign that they're running out of stuff to release. Fingers crossed for GBA.

As noted by a thread I made earlier, they're not too far from running out of stuff to release in Japan too. So I'm betting on SNES (maybe GBA?) games being announced soon.

beril

Oh, I really shouldn't but I'm so buying balloon fight and ice climber.

Or should I buy the gb balloon fight instead?

Assuming you mean Balloon Kid, then YES. Ballon Fight is nice and all but it's a very early and very basic game. Balloon Kid is a really nice platformer with a bunch more gameplay mechanics and much more varied level design with different environments and boss battles and stuff.

Danneee

I really hope you didn't have the system in January/February when Balloon Fight cost 30 cents ...

3DS:)

Assuming you mean Balloon Kid, then YES. Ballon Fight is nice and all but it's a very early and very basic game. Balloon Kid is a really nice platformer with a bunch more gameplay mechanics and much more varied level design with different environments and boss battles and stuff.

Oh, that sounds awesome! Might have to buy both!

zroid

Banned
Would love if the SNES version of Ms. Pac-Man were released, but I fear the publishing rights for that game might be up a creek.

Hey beril, when can I give you more money? Soon? Please?

He's the guy responsible for getting devs on the eShop. Came over from Microsoft, where he was part of the XBLA launch team and contract negotiator for 3rd party games on Xbox.

WOAH, I remember now someone a while ago said that Nintendo had folks responsible for XBLA working on eShop, that's quite the catch!

Also, Shin'en says their eShop games are on sale in NA I think for 30% off.

kunonabi

Europe's VC stuff this week:

3DS
Balloon Fight (Nintendo, NES VC) - €3.99/£3.59
Ice Climber (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£4.49
Mario & Yoshi (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£4.49
Super C (Konami, NES VC) - €4.99/£4.49

Wii U
Pac-Man (Namco Bandai, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49
Mega Man (CAPCOM, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

4 3DS releases and not a single portable title. pathetic. mm on wii u is pretty much the death knell for anyone hoping that the wii mm library would be completed.

zigg

They should upload the Atari 2600 version of Pac-Man. XD
I'd get it just for the infamy.

Also, I played it as a kid. It'd be kind of like watching 80's cartoons on Netflix, complete with the wanting to retroactively punch my young self.

serplux

Alright Euro guys, this latest trailer has revealed a few of the games you're getting soon:

Xevious
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)
Super Mario Bros. 3
Street Fighter II
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Another damn Street Fighter II game
Solomon's Key
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Super Ghouls'n Ghosts
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Donkey Kong
Super Metroid

Alright Euro guys, this latest trailer has revealed a few of the games you're getting soon:

Xevious
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 3
Street Fighter II
Solomon's Key
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Super Ghouls'n Ghosts
Donkey Kong
Super Metroid

Hopefully that means ALTTP and Super Ghouls N Ghosts isn't far off from release in the US.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
LTTP in EU? Don't make me get ready to hurt you again NOA, snap to it.

only $7.99 for snes games.. what a deal!!!

As a single set price it's too high. But it also depends on the game.

Super Mario World, Link to the Past, Super Metroid, or even Super Ghouls & Ghosts are damned good and someone would easily get their moneys worth.

But that's the problem with Nintendo's VC pricing. Not all games are equal.

Roto13

LTTP in EU? Don't make me get ready to hurt you again NOA, snap to it.

As a single set price it's too high. But it also depends on the game.

Super Mario World, Link to the Past, Super Metroid, or even Super Ghouls & Ghosts are damned good and someone would easily get their moneys worth.

But that's the problem with Nintendo's VC pricing. Not all games are equal.

Yeah. They realize this because they moved to a variable pricing model for Game Boy games. But for some reason, they're afraid to change the VC prices they set seven years ago.

Of course, there are still people who whine that the $3 Game Boy games are too expensive.

beril

Hey beril, when can I give you more money? Soon? Please?

You may give me money whenever you like; just PM me for my paypal :p

I've been really lazy lately and haven't made a lot of progress on my new game in a while though. I'm still hoping for a release date before the end of the year. Hopefully sooner, but it's still very early in the development and at this rate it might be much later.

Yeah. They realize this because they moved to a variable pricing model for Game Boy games. But for some reason, they're afraid to change the VC prices they set seven years ago.

Of course, there are still people who whine that the $3 Game Boy games are too expensive.

I wonder if the reluctance to change prices is more down to the Wii Shop still being "live"?

Shafto

Getting increasingly concerned with the 'Favourite NES and SNES titles!'.

I've not seen any indication they intend to bring N64+ or third-party titles.

Getting increasingly concerned with the 'Favourite NES and SNES titles!'.

I've not seen any indication they intend to bring N64+ or third-party titles.

Apart from the recent confirmation that N64 titles were coming? Third-party games are also coming, but the extent of support is up in the air.

Qurupeke

Xevious
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 3
Street Fighter II
Solomon's Key
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Super Ghouls'n Ghosts
Donkey Kong
Super Metroid

So, this means that every single VC game will be released again on Wii U? Pointless... I may buy Alttp thought.

Apart from the recent confirmation that N64 titles were coming? Third-party games are also coming, but the extent of support is up in the air.
Think he means TG16 and Genesis/Sega systems. Gamegear has been dead in NA since it's launch so I don't think it bodes well for WiiU. Of course maybe Iwata taking the helm of NOA might make a difference in the output.

It pisses me off way more than it should that NES games are £1 cheaper on Wii U.....
I'm pleased the Wii U prices are not more expensive than the Wii Shop. Its down to the fact 1000 points was €10 which was £7. Come post 2008 and for about a day £1=€1.10 (it tends to float above that to some extent) which NOE have used since.

In a way those Wii points will keep the VC prices "lower" than they should be in the UK.

Think he means TG16 and Genesis/Sega systems. Gamegear has been dead in NA since it's launch so I don't think it bodes well for WiiU. Of course maybe Iwata taking the helm of NOA might make a difference in the output.

Ah, right. Yeah, TG16/Genesis etc. looks shaky at the moment. Hopefully that will change.

Top Bottom