• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2012

Gunman Clive is up on the European eShop now. A bit bummed it didn't show up on the front page, but I hope it should still be easy enough to find.

never knew anything about this game. Just checked 3DS trailer now!

Looks great. just downloaded it. :)

anyone know anything about this escapeVektor game? Any good?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Out of curiosity, how big are the file sizes for the typical eShop games? I plan on picking up at least Mighty Switch Force, Sakura Samurai, Pushmo, Crashmo, and possibly Mutant Mudds...just want to have an idea how much space that's gonna eat up on the 4GB SD card.

They can be almost any size now - but the games you listed are all in the 50-200 meg range. Might Switch Force is the biggest I think? It's about 200.

Javier

Out of curiosity, how big are the file sizes for the typical eShop games? I plan on picking up at least Mighty Switch Force, Sakura Samurai, Pushmo, Crashmo, and possibly Mutant Mudds...just want to have an idea how much space that's gonna eat up on the 4GB SD card.
eShop file sizes are all over the place, so you can't actually put an average value on them. Of the games you listed, here are the sizes of the ones I own:

Mighty Switch Force: 1800 blocks (230 MB)
Sakura Samurai: 457 blocks (58,5 MB)
Pushmo: 144 blocks (18,4 MB)

Don't have the other two, but Crashmo is probably similar to Pushmo, and Mutant Mudds is maybe smaller due to the simpler graphics.

Thanks for the heads up guys. My main concern was if I'd run out of space quickly on the SD card, but it doesn't look to be the case from what you guys are saying. I guess if I start downloading full retail games that'd be a different story.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Thanks for the heads up guys. My main concern was if I'd run out of space quickly on the SD card, but it doesn't look to be the case from what you guys are saying. I guess if I start downloading full retail games that'd be a different story.

Yeah, I have tons of small games on a 4 gig card, but only the copies of Sticker Star and Art Academy take a noticeable junk.

Another eShop question for you guys, how often (if at all) do games go on sale? Does Nintendo do XBLA/PSN/Steam-type deals on a consistent basis?

If WL2 is the b&w version and not the color one I will fucking flip

I've been waiting months for it, I don't want a gimped version. :mad:

Well i've got bad news for you, I got the Euro release months ago and it was the B&W version, better start the acrobatics you old flipper.
Okay I lied, it was colour.

NewFresh

Another eShop question for you guys, how often (if at all) do games go on sale? Does Nintendo do XBLA/PSN/Steam-type deals on a consistent basis?

For a short period of time they were putting a game a week on sale on the 3DS eShop; however, that soon stopped. They have indicated that this will happen on the Wii U eShop since the developers have the ability to do it themselves (Trine 2 being an example of a Dev who has stated that they will put their game on sale soon). So, maybe sometime soon we will see more 3DS eShop sales...hopefully

73V3N

Banned
MSfes.jpg
Wasn't sure where to post this.

but looks like that tweet was deleted anyway
or the screenshot is a fake

Drago

MSfes.jpg

Oracle games PLEASE

I would forgive NoA for all their stupidity this year if they do this. Please be real and please be good!

Tyeforce

MSfes.jpg

Pretty sure this is 100% fake. If Nintendo did send that tweet out, I would have a notification for it on my phone even after it was deleted, and I see no such notification, so it likely never happened.

73V3N

Banned
Yeah.. it sounded too good to be true

A Majora's Mask remake announced on the day the world is supposed to end .. :/

Fewr

Trainee who writes PRs is away on holiday. Most likely in southern Mexico to receive the end of the world.

Ridley327

A PR just went up on Nintendo's press site, but it's for the release date of the 3DS Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (March 24, for anyone that cares). Confirmed for digital release, so I guess it's kinda relevant.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Huh, they just took down the PR for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon on the site. I wonder why.

I have a feeling they confused the PR with the downloads and the Pokémon one, and they've seen it only now :lol

EDIT: Wait, I'm still seeing it on the site.

also

Banned
Since it went in sale I bought Super Mario Bros. and the physics feel so weird. I'll definitely need some time to get used to them.
I considered getting Dr. Mario as well (50% off) but the lack of 2P mode kills it for me.

EDIT: Great news about the release of PMD.

Ridley327

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - DEC. 20, 2012

Dec. 20, 2012

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS™
Wario Land 2™ – In Wario Land 2, Wario must steal his treasure back from the devious Captain Syrup and the Black Sugar Gang. Scavenge for coins and treasures through multiple levels surrounding Wario's castle. Multiple paths, bonus games and creative game play await Wario as he goes on a challenging quest to find his stolen treasure. Wario Land 2 was originally released for Game Boy™ Color in 1999 and is now available as a Virtual Console title for the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

escapeVektor™ – Vektor has been trapped inside the CPU for what feels like an eternity and you are his only hope of escape. As he travels through the CPU, help him recover his memories and destroy the different enemy types sent to hunt him. There is a whole world to uncover within the CPU. Hiding away are 150 levels, 27 worlds and four unique abilities to unlock and upgrade. Online leaderboards allow you to compete against your friends. Use wildcards to double your score in each level and boost your ranking.

2 Fast 4 Gnomz – Demo Version – Join Bumb, Berzerk, Speedster and Uncle Time as they run, fly, bounce, glide and break their way through the magical lands of Gnomia to fulfill their mysterious destinies. Help them save the kingdom, find a princess and collect hundreds of precious lost socks. 2 Fast 4 Gnomz features 45 levels and four playable characters.

Nintendo Video™ on Nintendo 3DS
Dinosaur Office: New Year's Party – Dinosaur Office wraps up 2012 with a special Triassic period New Year's party. Don't miss a sneak preview on Nintendo Video starting Dec. 23, and the full episode beginning Christmas Day.

New Downloadable Coin Rush Course Packs
New Super Mario Bros.™ 2 – Feel the rush with two new downloadable Coin Rush course packs. The "Mystery Adventures Pack" and "Impossible Pack" are now available for purchase from the New Super Mario Bros. 2 in-game shop.

Also new this week:
• JEOPARDY!™ (Nintendo eShop on Wii U™)
• Wheel of Fortune® (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
• Mario Tennis™ Open (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Pilotwings Resort™ (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Pokémon™ Rumble Blast (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• 3D Game Collection (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• BIT.TRIP SAGA (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• PIX3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Riding Stables 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Anonymous Notes Chapter 3 - From The Abyss (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi™ Shop on Nintendo DSi)
• Cake Ninja: XMAS (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi Shop on Nintendo DSi)
• Castle Conqueror - Heroes 2 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi Shop on Nintendo DSi)
• Vampire Crystals (Wii™ Shop Channel on Wii)
• Vampire Crystals – Demo Version (Wii Shop Channel on Wii)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://www.news2know.net/nintendo/downloadP22sZA59.php.

Just a heads up, Code of Princess will be up for download on January 3rd in the US. It's now listed as 'retail/download' on the eShop and it's listed on a release list as 1/03.

Drago

Mario Tennis™ Open (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Pilotwings Resort™ (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Pokémon™ Rumble Blast (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

Wow, nice surprises. Will get digital Mario Tennis... eventually.

And WL2 is the GBC version, all is right in the world.

Wiz

I've been waiting for Mario Tennis Open to be up on the eShop, hoping to download it soon. Also Wario land 2. Excellent.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Was Castle Conqueror-Heroes any good? It looks like a Strategy RPG. Same with 2.
Hadn't heard of them until now.

Effect

Won't be surprised if they just stop production of Pilotwing carts if they haven't already. Just leaving the used copies out there that will slowly be bought up or just not in supply any longer (people keeping their copy then just getting 2 dollars or less for it from gamestop) and the eShop version.

Won't be surprised if they just stop production of Pilotwing carts if they haven't already. Just leaving the used copies out there and the eShop version.

To be fair, it's a damn good game. But definitely not up to the retail price today. Nintendo should only be asking $19.99 for the eShop release.

Pilotwings & Ghost Recon were amazing when I bought my 3DS in April 2011.

To be fair, it's a damn good game. But definitely not up to the retail price today. Nintendo should only be asking $19.99 for the eShop release.

Ghost Recon was well worth the $10 I spent on it a few months ago, but Pilotwings should be a $8 eShop game.

Effect

Oh I agree. I still play my copy from time to time but looking back it wasn't worth the price asked for it at launch. Same with Steel Diver. Both should only be $19.99 (then and now). I only really felt fully okay with Ghost Recon and Ridge Racer at full price at launch.

Top Bottom