• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2016

tolkir

nintendodown7yqso.png

iOS (8.0 or superior) | Nintendo Mobile Software

• Super Mario Run (Nintendo | NA: 12/15 | EU: 12/15 | JP: 12/15)

sinttulooduu2.png

eShop Original Software

• SHOOT THE BALL (RCMADIAX | NA: 12/01 | EU: 12/01)
  • Frag doch mal...die Maus! (ASHGAMES | €9.99) *Only Germany*

Virtual Console

• Advance Wars: Dual Strike (Nintendo | NDS | NA: 12/01 | EU: Available)

Wii Software

• Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (Nintendo | NA: Available | EU: 12/01)

new3ds57uac8yu6i.png

eShop Original Software

• Hyperlight EX (CatfishBlues Games | NA: 12/01 | EU: 12/01)
  • CUP CRITTERS (RCMADIAX | NA: 12/01 | EU: 12/01)

new3dsfuuda.png

eShop Retail Software

• Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse(Deep Silver | NA: Available | EU: 12/01)
  • Picross 3D: Round 2 (Nintendo | NA: Available (Digital) | EU: 12/02)
  • 7th Dragon III Code: VFD (Deep Silver | NA: Available | EU: 12/01)
  • Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo | NA: 12/02 | EU: 12/02)

Downloadable Content

• Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse (Deep Silver)
    Earring Set (Deep Silver, Add-on Content) - €0.99/£0.79 (Free until December 8)
    Fall of Tokyo Promo Video (Deep Silver, Add-on Content) - Free
    A Godslayer Needs Levels (Deep Silver, Add-on Content) - €2.99/£1.99
    Ranking Program 1 (Deep Silver, Add-on Content) - Free
    Asahi/Nozomi Set (Deep Silver, Add-on Content) - €0.99/£0.79
  • 7th Dragon III Code: VFD (Deep Silver)
    Bonus Item: Nagamimi Doll (Deep Silver, Add-on Content) - Free
    Quest: Seed Outbreak! (Deep Silver, Add-on Content) - €1.49/£0.99 (Free until December 8)
    Quest: Gold Rabi Outbreak! (Deep Silver, Add-on Content) - €1.49/£0.99 (Free until December 8)

tolkir

Well, people, this is, probably, my last Nintendo Downloads thread. I have a new job and no much time to play, navigate NeoGAF and make the thread.
With new console on the horizon, it will be many updates next months, it's better to leave it to someone else.

So, if someone wants to do the thread monthly, it can do it happily. PM or post here to be sure who is before January.
If nobody wants it, I'll try to do it but it will be very poor surely.

PtM

Banned
Again, a reminder for AU, DE, NZ: Adventure Bar Story and Mercenaries Saga 2 are out (today).

Good job, tolkir. God speed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Tis the season for......maybe some good Xmas sales, fa la la la la?

& props to tolkir for making these every month.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

- Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS – Get ready to play a near-infinite number of side-scrolling 2D Mario courses anytime, anywhere! Earn in-game medals in 100 built-in courses and access recommended courses from the Super Mario Maker game on the Wii U console. Plus, design courses and share them with other players via the StreetPass feature and local wireless. The Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS game will be available on Dec. 2. Click here to watch the trailer.
- Swapdoodle – Just in case you missed it, the Swapdoodle game is now available. Swapdoodle is an easy way to write messages, draw 3D pictures and share them with your Nintendo 3DS friends. Swapping doodles is a snap thanks to stamps based on the icons of played games and your Mii character. You can also purchase in-game add-on packs that have doodle lessons of Nintendo characters!

Virtual Console on Wii U

- Advance Wars: Dual Strike – On the heels of its last defeat, the nefarious Black Hole Army has fallen under the control of a deadly new commanding officer. He has sent its new COs to attack the nations of Wars World once again, and it’s up to the allied armies of Orange Star, Blue Moon, Yellow Comet and Green Earth to put an end to Black Hole once and for all. In this classic Nintendo DS strategy game, players lead their new Commanding Officers to fend off the Black Hole Army’s latest invasion. With massive battles that sweep across both screens, the Advance Wars: Dual Strike game will change the face of dual-screen warfare forever.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Last chance for Cyber Deals: Up to 50% off select games ends Dec. 5 – A gift for them ... a gift (or two) for you! Treat yourself this holiday season with big savings on select digital games for both Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. My Nintendo members also earn Gold Points on qualifying digital purchases, so it’s a win-win. This sale runs until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 5.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Great deals this week include Jeopardy!, Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! and Astral Breakers, plus several more! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Also new this week:

- CUP CRITTERS (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Hyperlight EX (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- SHOOT THE BALL (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Have you played Mario and Luigi or Kirby games before and if so, which ones and how did you like them?

No and Yes. Kirby games back in the NES and SNES era and one GBA game. Can't remember either.

I loved The paper mario game on the Wii(?).

I think I would truly enjoy both games just not sure which one to grab.

Fewr

Isn't Paper Jam already discounted as part of the cyber deal?
It's also -40% off I think (not sure at all)

Pokemaniac

Is Sonic Lost World worth getting?

Personally, I found it thoroughly underwhelming. The level design was pretty meh and the controls simply don't work well. Even compared to other Sonic games it's not very good.

I'm possibly not the best person to be rating this game, though. I tend to find Sonic kind of mediocre at best.

SMD

Personally, I found it thoroughly underwhelming. The level design was pretty meh and the controls simply don't work well. Even compared to other Sonic games it's not very good.

I'm possibly not the best person to be rating this game, though. I tend to find Sonic kind of mediocre at best.

The only Sonic game I've enjoyed since 3&K is Generations, so...

Nintendo Everything is saying that F-Zero X was updated on Wii U to improve the controls. For those of you that were holding off because of that, maybe time to rethink!

maxcriden

No and Yes. Kirby games back in the NES and SNES era and one GBA game. Can't remember either.

I loved The paper mario game on the Wii(?).

I think I would truly enjoy both games just not sure which one to grab.

I picked up Mario & Luigi. I'll wind up picking up Kirby at some point too.

I'm sorry, I did mean to get back to you sooner. I hope you'll enjoy both games. Kirby is a traditional Kirby platformer incredibly jazzed up and M&L is IMO a wonderful entry in that Mario RPG series. If your previous Paper Mario gaming was only Super Paper Mario on the Wii you may be surprised by the turn-based battles but I hope you enjoy them. The game is endlessly creative.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I'm sorry, I did mean to get back to you sooner. I hope you'll enjoy both games. Kirby is a traditional Kirby platformer incredibly jazzed up and M&L is IMO a wonderful entry in that Mario RPG series. If your previous Paper Mario gaming was only Super Paper Mario on the Wii you may be surprised by the turn-based battles but I hope you enjoy them. The game is endlessly creative.

I picked up Paper Jam. It's been enjoyable so far!

maxcriden

I picked up Paper Jam. It's been enjoyable so far!

Oh, I forgot it was Paper Jam and not Dream Team. I did like Paper Jam a whole lot, though I preferred DT. So it's the one I'd recommend playing first of the two in that sense. Glad you're enjoying it and hope you continue to do so!

DKoops

Neo Member
Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Excitebike 64 (Nintendo, N64 VC) - €9.99/£8.99

Grind your way through the extreme sport of motocross, and attempt over a dozen outrageous tricks, such as heel clickers, cliffhangers, and bar hops! Select from six different riders - each with their own unique style - and race across 20 stadium tracks and outdoor courses. You can also create your very own courses or race against up to four friends.

Special offers
Tetraminos (Sanuk Games) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends December 22, normally €4.99/£4.49)
Brick Breaker (Sanuk Games) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends December 22, normally €4.99/£4.49)
Citadale (Nitrolic Games) - €3.00/£2.69 (Ends January 5, normally €5.00/£4.49)
Rorrim (Nitrolic Games) - €3.00/£2.69 (Ends January 5, normally €5.00/£4.49)
Mortal Melon (Nitrolic Games) - €3.00/£2.69 (Ends January 5, normally €5.00/£4.49)
Plenty of Fishies (Nitrolic Games) - €3.00/£2.69 (Ends January 5, normally €5.00/£4.49)
Word Logic by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €7.19/£6.39 (Ends December 15, normally €8.99/£7.99)
Pinball Breakout (nuGAME) - €5.00/£4.00 (Ends January 5, normally €7.00/£6.00)
STEEL RIVALS (nuGAME) - €5.00/£4.00 (Ends January 5, normally €7.00/£6.00)
FreezeME (RNC) - €6.99/£6.29 (Ends December 29, normally €13.99/£12.59)
BLOK DROP X TWISTED FUSION (RCMADIAX) - €2.00/£1.80 (Ends January 5, normally €2.99/£2.69)
COLOR BOMBS (RCMADIAX) - €0.99/£0.92 (Ends January 5, normally €1.49/£1.39)
JACKPOT 777 (RCMADIAX) - €0.99/£0.93 (Ends January 5, normally €1.49/£1.39)
PANDA LOVE (RCMADIAX) - €0.99/£0.93 (Ends January 5, normally €1.49/£1.39)
PENTAPUZZLE (RCMADIAX) - €3.00/£2.74 (Ends January 5, normally €4.49/£4.09)
PIXEL SLIME U (RCMADIAX) - €2.00/£1.80 (Ends January 5, normally €2.99/£2.69)
SHOOTY SPACE (RCMADIAX) - €2.00/£1.80 (Ends January 5, normally €2.99/£2.69)
SPLASHY DUCK (RCMADIAX) - €0.99/£0.93 (Ends January 5, normally €1.49/£1.39)
SUPER ROBO MOUSE (RCMADIAX) - €3.00/£2.70 (Ends January 5, normally €4.49/£4.09)
TAP TAP ARCADE (RCMADIAX) - €1.33/£1.19 (Ends January 5, normally €1.99/£1.79)
TAP TAP ARCADE 2 (RCMADIAX) - €2.00/£1.80 (Ends January 5, normally €2.99/£2.69)
TITANS TOWER (RCMADIAX) - €0.99/£0.93 (Ends January 5, normally €1.49/£1.39)
TOUCH SELECTIONS (RCMADIAX) - €2.00/£1.80 (Ends January 5, normally €2.99/£2.69)
Wicked Monsters Blast! HD PLUS (CORECELL) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends January 5, normally €7.99/£7.19)

Nintendo eShop (New 3DS)

GALAXY BLASTER (RCMADIAX) - €1.49/£1.39
In GALAXY BLASTER, you must defend your ship from the oncoming alien ships. Move your paddle left or right then tap the screen to fire the blaster. Be careful, if the target enters your base, or you miss the targets too many times, it's game over!

Special offers
BRICK RACE (RCMADIAX) - €0.99/£0.93 (Ends January 5, normally €1.49/£1.39)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Crullers Game Pack (Nvriezen) - €1.49/£1.39

Crollors Game Pack is a collection of 4 games. Every game has its own challenges and therefore something for everyone. Enjoy hours of gameplay and try to beat each game's high score. Play with your friends to see who is the best.

Note: The 3D feature can only be used on New Nintendo 3DS/New Nintendo 3DS XL.

7th Dragon III Code: VFD Quest: Code: Student! (Deep Silver, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.49 (Free until December 15)
7th Dragon III Code: VFD Quest: Code: Otaku! (Deep Silver, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.49
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse - Tokyo's Past Set (Deep Silver, Add-on Content) - Free
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse - Ranking Program 2 (Deep Silver, Add-on Content) - Free
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse - A Godslayer Needs Demons (Deep Silver, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.49
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse - Chiro Mask (Deep Silver, Add-on Content) - €0.99/£0.79
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse - A Godslayer Needs Apps (Deep Silver, Add-on Content) - €2.49/£1.79
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse - Avatar's Hat (Deep Silver, Add-on Content) - €0.99/£0.79

Special offers
AeternoBlade (CORECELL) - €2.99/£2.70 (Ends January 5, normally €14.99/£13.50)
Word Logic by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €7.19/£6.39 (Ends December 15, normally €8.99/£7.99)
Rytmik Ultimate (Cinemax) - €9.99/£8.99 (Ends December 31, normally €17.99/£15.99)
The Keep (Cinemax) - €5.99/£4.99 (Ends December 31, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Sweet Memories Blackjack (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.99 (Ends December 29, normally €3.99/£3.99)
Brunch Panic (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.99 (Ends December 29, normally €3.99/£3.99)
WAKEDAS (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.49/£1.49 (Ends December 29, normally €2.99/£2.99)
Petit Novel series - Harvest December (CIRCLE Ent.) - €7.99/£7.89 (Ends December 29, normally €11.99/£11.89)
Puzzle Labyrinth (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99/£2.56 (Ends December 29, normally €5.00/£4.29)
Parascientific Escape Cruise in the Distant Seas (CIRCLE Ent.) - €3.99/£3.19 (Ends December 29, normally €4.99/£3.99)
Conveni Dream (CIRCLE Ent.) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends December 29, normally €5.00/£4.50)

Nintendo 3DS Theme Shop
All themes available on December 9.

Mickey & Friends Holiday Season (Disney) - €2.49/£2.29
A holiday theme featuring Mickey Mouse and his friends – including Minnie, Donald Duck and Goofy. Oh, and Pluto...as a present?!

Disney Tsum Tsum (Disney) - €2.49/£2.29
A theme based on Disney Tsum Tsum. Scroll the Touch Screen to watch the adorable Tsums move around from behind!

Love seeing games that didn't make it out on VC last gen arrive now!

Pilotwings 64 will still remain lost to us forever though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
omg there's going to be 3rd Box Boy game. Japan's getting it Feb. 2nd. Wonder how long we'll have to wait for it.

There'll also be a physical version with all 3 games that comes packaged with a Qbby amiibo as well & a soundtrack. No word on if the US will get the physical stuff + amiibo yet.

dno_1966

I've just had a go on the updated F-Zero X and while it is vastly improved and at least playable now, it isn't quite as good as I remember it on the N64 controller. Still a fantastic game though.

I noticed Sin and Punishment is available too, off to download it now...

maxcriden

Selfishly cross-posting just in case anyone can help me out :)

WTB

I'm in the US, where this was never released. Is there a kind GAFer out there with a spare Club Nintendo Captain Toad Lamp willing to sell at sub-eBay prices? I'd like to get this for my wife as a gift but I don't think she would be keen on me spending those eBay prices. Thank you.

PtM

Banned
Sonic 25th Anniversary Sale
All offers end on December 8.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice (SEGA) - €29.99/£26.19 if you downloaded any other Sonic game on sale (normally €39.99/£34.99)
Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal (SEGA) - €19.99/£17.49 (normally €39.99/£34.99)
Sonic Lost World (SEGA) - €19.99/£17.49 (normally €39.99/£34.99)
Sonic Generations (SEGA) - €9.99/£7.99 (normally €24.99/£19.99)
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (SEGA) - €15.99/£11.99 (normally €39.99/£29.99)
Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble (SEGA) - €2.49/£2.24 (normally €4.99/£4.49)
Sonic the Hedgehog (SEGA) - €2.49/£2.24 (normally €4.99/£4.49)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (SEGA) - €2.49/£2.24 (normally €4.99/£4.49)
Sonic Drift 2 (SEGA) - €1.99/£1.79 (normally €3.99/£3.59)
Sonic Blast (SEGA) - €2.49/£2.24 (normally €4.99/£4.49)
Sonic Labyrinth (SEGA) - €2.49/£2.24 (normally €4.99/£4.49)
3D Sonic The Hedgehog (SEGA) - €2.20/£2.04 (normally €4.49/£4.09)
3D Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (SEGA) - €2.49/£2.24 (normally €4.49/£4.49)
Guys, any Sonic games I should check out?
Is 3D Sonic 2 much different from 1?
If Sonic 1, for Genesis or Game Gear?
I already own Allstar Racing on the U.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
US press is released on Thursdays, same day as the update.

Speaking of which, OTHER M ON WII U VC US TOMORROW, GUYS!!!!

....oh & Demon's Crest on New 3DS & Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon on Wii U as well....

Hilarion

US press is released on Thursdays, same day as the update.

Speaking of which, OTHER M ON WII U VC US TOMORROW, GUYS!!!!

....oh & Demon's Crest on New 3DS & Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon on Wii U as well....

Is Demon's Crest the first SNES game for the N3DS that isn't available for Wii U?

Top Bottom