• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2012

StayDead

Aye, me too. It's quite addictive and fun. Still is quirky too.

You don't happen to have a Denpa Ningen who can heal everyone in your party like an AOE Heal do you? I've got a single target healer who's level 19 but in one of the level 20 dungeons there's so much AOE damage going around I can't actually keep up with the healing. I badly need an AOE heal :p

But there are fewer items than in the modern games so it doesn't really matter. I still like playing gen 1 just because of how much simpler that games were.

Brofist! [Whatever that means.]

I gave up on the Pokemons viewer app after about 90 odd mons when I admitted to myself that I just didn't really care. I haven't played a mainline Pokemon game since RBY, which I adored at the time, but it was apparent to me from the viewer app that the series has become far too complex for me to care about anymore. If I was much younger and my mind was still as agile and nerdy as it was then I would probably adore the complexity but my old man brain much prefers simpler and purer experiences now, in the main. Besides, some of the new mon forms are just beyond desperate in their attempts at new Pokemon forms.

No offence to anyone who adores the way Pokemon games are now. They are just not for me.

I noticed this the other day, it's pretty neat! lol

I think I just saw this on the Yurop eShop but I'm still struggling to wake up so am not entirely sure of my perceptions!

Also, I just noticed that the Green Lantern Trailer has an update... It's not even available in the eShop anymore! What is it with these updates?

DLC!!!!11!!!!

Hm, movie trailer, perhaps not.

Wait!!!! Full movie streaming/downloads on the eShop!!!!! :eek:

Perhaps.

...not to mention that patching a hole a handful of titles at a time through non-compulsory updates would seem to be a spectacularly stupid way of handling security.

Blimey - that's pretty rough for Brazilian customers to just have a whole section of the Store cut out. I couldn't see them doing the same in the US or EU, but I wonder what they would do if they were obliged to implement PEGI/ESRB ratings for all of the games on the Store - pass that responsibility and cost on to the developer/publisher with the threat of removal?

Given the strength of the Apple app market with little genuine competition, I imagine they would :/.

Incidentally, I just linked my new Red 3DS ♥ to my Nintendo account and was somewhat surprised that Nintendo allow up to eight different 3DSes to be linked in this way. That seems uncommonly clued up for Nintendo where online is concerned. I feel somewhat disconcerted by that! Perhaps there is hope for them where online is concerned after all! [/nerd cynicism]

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
7f5TM.png

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Wii | WiiWare

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

zigg

The updates are obviously there to see who still has certain programs on their systems.
But they've never shown up on the updates list, so they'd be spectacularly ineffective at doing that.

Unless this was a joke in which case I'll just go hang my head and run off.

I'm still of the mind there's a bug.

For a few moments, I thought Sakura Samurai would make an excellent Kinect game, but then I remembered how laggy and unresponsive Kinect is.

So, nothing good on eShop this week?

The Crush demo is pretty short, but it seems like a really neat game. Never bought the PSP version, but this one I will keep in mind. I think TheHut has it for a good price, too.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The Crush 3D Demo is really short, but it seem like a fun title. It would be perfect as an eShop/DL title, so I'll wait till they put the retail game or an eShop Version online.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yeah, Crush isn't bad. I'll pick it in the future, probably. Let's see the price on Amazon and other places.

dreamahm

Banned
Until now no rayman origins or metal gear 3ds demo nintendo keep lying on us.

because before 3 weeks i received nintendo notification include 4 demos.

Nintendo big fat lair .

CoolS

Nintendo big fat lair .

They only said the demos would come "soon" or something like that.

Crush3D seems cool, but somehow it feels too low budget to me to be considered a full price title which it apparantly is frim a quick look to Amazon :/

Nintendo big fat lair .

I really wish Nintendo would stop lying on me and just skulk back to their lair.

A little cruel, since I'm guessing English isn't your first language, but this is a bit of a ridiculous post so...

Just beat Sakura Samurai! It's definitely a fun game that's worth picking up. It's short but the short length feels quite right!

BTW - won't be able to download until later, but can someone who has check the play limit on Crush3D? Is it 30, or is it set lower?

cw_sasuke

BTW - won't be able to download until later, but can someone who has check the play limit on Crush3D? Is it 30, or is it set lower?

The limit is 30 again, yes.
I played it once and will never have to play it again.

fernoca

Yeah. Dreamland 2 was my favorite back then. Spend so many hours on it and the addition of the animals along the powerups (really liked the fish with the light bulb :p); was really cool.

ZXb0j.png

Then, saw it on the Super Game Boy.. :O! The colors!! XD

ikvNi.png
Hp4Wq.png

Tyeforce

Nothing of interest at all on the North American eShop today... =/ I want Kirby's Block Ball and Kirby's Dream Land 2! T_T

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Crush3D is nice. Puzzles in the demo were nothing extraordinary, but I can see how this mechanics could provide good challenge. Production values are passable, game is not technically illiterate (looks clean and even uses some bumpmapping, though it's practically invisible), but art direction is bland, and the main character is a weekend-morning cartoon type. IOW, thanks to the demo now I'm facing a dilemma - to get a puzzle game for the puzzles alone and neglect the non-atmosphere, or wait for the inevitable bargain bin.

I'm starting to wonder if we'll get the same demo of MGS that Japan got. Maybe something from a newer build.

If this is just the old e3 demo why is it taking so long?

cw_sasuke

is it that bad ?

No no its good, but the Demo is short and i already know what the game is about. As to say, 1 play through was enough for me. People have been bitchin about the Play Limit and im sure it`ll be a non-factor for 99% of 3DS owners.

Wow you're a Member now! Why are you always so tired?

Why so low surprised?! Did you think I would not survive Junior-ship?! :p

Well on this occasion it's because I stupidly didn't get up when I woke up but went back to sleep and went into another sleep cycle.

Crush3D is nice. Puzzles in the demo were nothing extraordinary, but I can see how this mechanics could provide good challenge. Production values are passable, game is not technically illiterate (looks clean and even uses some bumpmapping, though it's practically invisible), but art direction is bland, and the main character is a weekend-morning cartoon type. IOW, thanks to the demo now I'm facing a dilemma - to get a puzzle game for the puzzles alone and neglect the non-atmosphere, or wait for the inevitable bargain bin.

Nice use of litotes :). I like litotes.

No no its good, but the Demo is short and i already know what the game is about. As to say, 1 play through was enough for me. People have been bitchin about the Play Limit and im sure it`ll be a non-factor for 99% of 3DS owners

Agreed but if we download the demo and then buy the game I would like it if they would remove that 30 play only limit. Why? Well the RE Revelaitons demo is quite a bit different from the actual game from what I played of the demo before I died so it would be nice to be able to go back to it without worrying about using up the limit. A minor issue I know but it would not be unappreciated.

Roto13

Yeah. Dreamland 2 was my favorite back then. Spend so many hours on it and the addition of the animals along the powerups (really liked the fish with the light bulb :p); was really cool.

ZXb0j.png

Then, saw it on the Super Game Boy.. :O! The colors!! XD

ikvNi.png
Hp4Wq.png

I really wish they hadn't scrapped the Game Boy Color version.

Chopper

Just tried to add funds, and my card got rejected with an error code 005 -6511. Have they finally cottoned on that Visa debit cards are not credit cards?!

Edit: Scrap that. I just deleted the card info, and manually added it again, and it worked. Sweet feature Nintendo.

jonno394

Crush3d demo has sold me on the game, and I will be picking this up now.

I'm actually waiting in anticipation for the MGS demo. Everything I read on here is mostly negative about how awful t will be, so I have no intention of buying the game right now, but the demo could very well sell me on the title, and I feel the same can be said about loads of games (Kid Icarus, Rhythm Thief, Final Fantasy Terathym etc).

If devs want to see more sales success they all need to start actively pushing demos on the eshop, it will definitely make the idea of spending £20-£40 on a handheld title much more appealing if we get to try before we buy.

StayDead

Ok, I swear to god this dungeon I'm in on Denpa Ningen is not possible without some form of AOE healer and I don't really want to have to use items to do it. Like everything AOE's me. o_o

sfog

How is Kirby's Dreamland 2 in comparison to Kirby's Adventure?

Gameplay-wise, it's pretty similar, although it's slightly shorter level-wise than KA. Instead of having a bunch of copy abilities, there are only 8, but each one functions a bit differently depending on who your current partner is. As in most Kirby games, there are 3 save files as well.

And yes, it does have really nice SGB color palettes (plus some added SNES sound effects on the actual SGB hardware), but it's too bad the 3DS can't use them...

Top Bottom