• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2012

I'm sure Nintendo knows they would make a mint off of a VC Pokemon Red/Blue with wireless-enabled trading. It'd be a great way to tide people over for Grey or whatever's next.

And now that I actually know people with 3DS, it'd be 1000x more fun.

Maru's Mission doesn't look too bad for $3. I might pick it up. That box art is not doing it any favors though. Neither is the start screen for that matter. Or the name.

Chopper

I'm sure Nintendo knows they would make a mint off of a VC Pokemon Red/Blue with wireless-enabled trading. It'd be a great way to tide people over for Grey or whatever's next.

And now that I actually know people with 3DS, it'd be 1000x more fun.

It's just too much of a sensible, awesome idea for Nintendo to do that. They rarely tinker with their babies for digital release.

alazz

Any thoughts on Castle Conquerors - Against? It looks an awful lot like Galcon, which I fancy quite a bit.

Where are our demos NOAAAAAAAAAAA
! I was hoping for a MGS3D demo by now, and a Rayman demo wouldn't be too bad either.

watershed

Banned
Hmm...so it seems the awesomeness is over and now we're back to uneventful weekly DD releases. I hope Nintendo has a second wave of eshop games coming soon or at least some good demos to fill the gap.

Hmm...so it seems the awesomeness is over and now we're back to uneventful weekly DD releases. I hope Nintendo has a second wave of eshop games coming soon or at least some good demos to fill the gap.

Well, Rolling Western is going to come out eventually, and stuff like Denpa Ningen only had a week or so notice before being 'released' so who knows what's coming.

Where is Warioland?

They spread out their back catalogue painfully slow. I understand it might be a strategy, but this slow...? It seems like they're leaving money on the table. But maybe I'm wrong.

Thores

It's just too much of a sensible, awesome idea for Nintendo to do that. They rarely tinker with their babies for digital release.

But when they do, it's cause they know they'll make back the money they spent tinkering 100-fold. Like how Pokemon Snap for Wii VC has Photo Channel functionality.

I'm pretty disappointed... Maru's Mission doesn't look bad, but I was expecting Kirby's Block Ball today (I'm in the US, and I think Europe got it today). Also, at least one more demo would have been nice. Oh well... maybe next week?

At any rate, I can't be too hard on Nintendo about their eShop offerings right now. Getting Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force (overrated as I think it is), VVVVVV, Mutant Mudds, and Sakura Samurai all so close to one another was almost too much goodness to handle.

Smo21

Sorry for the slight off deviation of topic. Just got my 3DS and only got Pushmo from eshop. Is Dreamland 2 coming to NA any time soon?

Sorry for the slight off deviation of topic. Just got my 3DS and only got Pushmo from eshop. Is Dreamland 2 coming to NA any time soon?

Who knows. It should be coming this month considering there was a announcement about it issued recently, but trying to predict Nintendo's VC release schedule for any region is a total crapshoot.

But if you're looking for other eShop titles worth downloading and you like old-school platformers, get Mutant Mudds. It's an *excellent* game and developer Renegade Kid deserves the sales.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Netflix for the Wii got another update -- not sure -what- changed, mind you, but it got an update.

The update is -not- the "Choose your Netflix Experience: Standard / Netflix for Kids" -- that was working prior to today's update.

Weak week. There should be new demos every week. There should be new content in every category every week.

I wonder when it's going to really dawn on Nintendo (especially NOA) that they basically need to, well, try harder.

They're facing what is easily the biggest challenge to their place in the handheld game market, and it just feels like their entire online shopping experience is still pretty antiquated.

Time to start taking things a little more seriously, Nintendo. You should be fighting for your life out there.

This post was basically my way of expressing disappointment that there's no Snake Eater 3D demo this week.

beje

Banned
Kirby's Block Ball is as fun as I remember it. Really great and challenging game, and an awesome pick at only 3€. Now waiting for Dreamland 2 :3

Weak week. There should be new demos every week. There should be new content in every category every week.

I wonder when it's going to really dawn on Nintendo (especially NOA) that they basically need to, well, try harder.

They're facing what is easily the biggest challenge to their place in the handheld game market, and it just feels like their entire online shopping experience is still pretty antiquated.

Time to start taking things a little more seriously, Nintendo. You should be fighting for your life out there.

This post was basically my way of expressing disappointment that there's no Snake Eater 3D demo this week.

woah haha
exaggerating much?

woah haha
exaggerating much?

It's an expression, not meant to be taken literally.

But there's this exploding market of smartphones and tablets out there that wasn't an issue when the original DS launched. They kinda have to, you know, step it up a little more? Do everything they can to make their online storefront as appealing as their competitors. Don't give the consumers they do have serious droughts in content if there's anything they can to to fill these gaps.

So yeah, I think Nintendo should start taking these threats to their handheld game market a little more seriously. Part of that includes putting a lot more energy into their eShop.

It's kind of sweet that some people still think the VC release schedule is predictable, logical, or sane.
Americans now have the biggest backlog for language possible 3DS releases. :/

Japan
3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure (NES) Nintendo

North America
Dr. Mario (GB) Nintendo
Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (GB) Nintendo
Kirby's Block Ball (GB) Nintendo
Kirby's Dream Land 2 (GB) Nintendo
Prince of Persia (GBC) Ubisoft
Punch-Out!! featuring Mr. Dream (NES) Nintendo
Super Mario Bros. (NES) Nintendo
The Legend of Zelda (NES) Nintendo
The Sword of Hope (GB) Kemco
Trip World (GB) Sunsoft
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (GB) Nintendo

3D Classics: Kid Icarus (NES) Nintendo

Europe
Dr. Mario (GB) Nintendo
Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (GB) Nintendo
Kirby's Dream Land 2 (GB) Nintendo
Maru's Mission (GB) Hamster
Punch-Out!! featuring Mr. Dream (NES) Nintendo
Super Mario Bros. (NES) Nintendo
The Legend of Zelda (NES) Nintendo
The Sword of Hope (GB) Kemco
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (GB) Nintendo

Plus the announced games that are still mia everywhere.

Balloon Fight (NES) Nintendo
Bonk's Adventure (TG16) Konami
Columns (GG) Sega
Donkey Kong Jr. (NES) Nintendo
Dragon Crystal (GG) Sega
Ice Climber (NES) Nintendo
Metroid (NES) Nintendo
NES Open Tournament Golf (NES) Nintendo
Rayman (GBC) Ubisoft
Shinobi (GG) Sega
Sonic Drift 2 (GG) Sega
Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble (GG) Sega
Wrecking Crew (NES) Nintendo
Yoshi (NES) Nintendo
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES) Nintendo

I like the idea behind Crush 3D, but having played the demo I'd prefer it was a cheap(er) downloadable game than a retail game. I like the Kuju family of studios / Zoe Mode etc (they're UK based), but realistically, I'm not sure I can justify this at the standard retail price.

The text / chat with the Doc is annoying as well. I don't care about that in games like this, just let me play... is there much of that in the full Crush or just on the tutorial?

I like the idea behind Crush 3D, but having played the demo I'd prefer it was a cheap(er) downloadable game than a retail game. I like the Kuju family of studios / Zoe Mode etc (they're UK based), but realistically, I'm not sure I can justify this at the standard retail price.

The text / chat with the Doc is annoying as well. I don't care about that in games like this, just let me play... is there much of that in the full Crush or just on the tutorial?

I concur. I didn't even bother to start collecting the marbles. The demo had put me off the game sufficiently by then. I don't find the visual aesthetic appealing and the story, characters and exposition just got on my nerves. One of my pet peeves is games inventing a whole load of bullshit to justify why they are asking you to do what the game asks you to do i.e. the gameplay. Just make it clear what I have to do and explain it all as I go along and just let me play, thanks!

Yet another demo that has put me off a game. Why don't devs/pubs make a bespoke demo rather than just cut out a slice of the game and crap that out as a demo? You would think they would want to do a better job of selling their game :/.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I would love some help on Sakura Samurai. The last boss is fucking difficult, and I'm wondering if there's a "best" way to grind.

Go to a short stage, leave one archer til last. Dodge and rack up evasion points (+20). Sell for cash, buy items and upgrades.

DDayton

I was playing Super Mario 3D Land today and noticed I had a Toad House with a familiar Mii... which was odd, as I didn't have a new Streetpass nor had I gone online recently. In any event, I jumped into the Streetpass Mii Plaza and find a new Mii -- Nikki, from Swapnote.

Nikki appeared "six hours ago" by invitation, which was just about when I received a time-locked Swapnote message from an unknown sender.

I assume Nikki arrived with the message -- if you have 'Special Messages' enabled in Swapnote and 'Invite Mii' in the Plaza, I assume you'll be making a new friend too. Does anyone else have Nikki visiting?

So I was playing Super Mario 3D Land today and noticed I had a Toad House with a familiar Mii... which was odd, as I didn't have a new Streetpass nor had I gone online recently... in any event, I jumped into the Streetpass Mii Plaza and find a new Mii -- Nikki, from Swapnote. She appeared 6 hours ago by invite -- just about when I received a time-locked Swapnote message from an unknown source.

I assume Nikki arrived with the message -- if you have 'Special Messages' enabled in Swapnote and 'Invite Mii' in the Plaza, I assume you'll be making a new friend too.

Anyone else have Nikki visiting?
Yes, she won't do anything for me, and I still can't open her note.

DDayton

Yes, she won't do anything for me, and I still can't open her note.
Well, she's done nothing for me (other than SM3DL integration), and the message is still locked and mysterious. I'm just assuming it's a special Nikki message with her Mii...

Tyeforce

So I was playing Super Mario 3D Land today and noticed I had a Toad House with a familiar Mii... which was odd, as I didn't have a new Streetpass nor had I gone online recently... in any event, I jumped into the Streetpass Mii Plaza and find a new Mii -- Nikki, from Swapnote. She appeared 6 hours ago by invite -- just about when I received a time-locked Swapnote message from an unknown source.

I assume Nikki arrived with the message -- if you have 'Special Messages' enabled in Swapnote and 'Invite Mii' in the Plaza, I assume you'll be making a new friend too.

Anyone else have Nikki visiting?
Wait, what?! I didn't get Nikki in my Plaza!! I have both Invite Mii and Special Notes enabled in StreetPass Mii Plaza and Swapnote, respectively. I got the time-locked message, why didn't I get her Mii?! Hmm... What region is your 3DS?

DDayton

Wait, what?! I didn't get Nikki in my Plaza!! I have both Invite Mii and Special Notes enabled in StreetPass Mii Plaza and Swapnote, respectively. I got the time-locked message, why didn't I get her Mii?! Hmm... What region is your 3DS?
USA.

I saw her first in SM3DL -- then in the plaza. It's -possible- she's supposed to be hidden or unlocked with the message, but that SM3DL's Plaza integration is jumping the gun... we'd have to see if anyone else is getting Nikki.

Tyeforce

USA.

I saw her first in SM3DL -- then in the plaza. It's -possible- she's supposed to be hidden or unlocked with the message, but that SM3DL's Plaza integration is jumping the gun... we'd have to see if anyone else is getting Nikki.
Mine's a US 3DS as well. Just checked Super Mario 3D Land, no Nikki there either... :( Does she have gold pants or is she just a normal Mii? And can someone post her QR code here if possible?

DDayton

Mine's a US 3DS as well. Just checked Super Mario 3D Land, no Nikki there either... :( Does she have gold pants or is she just a normal Mii? And can someone post her QR code here if possible?

She's a standard Mii, not Golden... and receive via Invite from another application. I didn't play Mario Kart 7 today, so it can't be from that...

I also just learned that Invite Miis can be -moved- to the Mii Maker (and removed from the Plaza), but StreetPass Miis can be registered to the Mii Maker, and thus (presumably) remain in your Plaza.

I haven't tried doing either, but you get different prompts when highlighting Mii Maker on the two kinds of Mii.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I got Nikki as well (PAL), along with the time-locked message in swap notes. She's a cutie.

On a semi-related note, I missed with 9 (nine) consecutive sward attacks in streetpass quest. Daym.

zigg

DavidDayton said:
I also just learned that Invite Miis can be -moved- to the Mii Maker (and removed from the Plaza), but StreetPass Miis can be registered to the Mii Maker, and thus (presumably) remain in your Plaza.

I haven't tried doing either, but you get different prompts when highlighting Mii Maker on the two kinds of Mii.
I have copied StreetPassed Miis to Mii Maker. Specifically: Miyamoto's real Mii, from E3.

On a semi-related note, I missed with 9 (nine) consecutive sward attacks in streetpass quest. Daym.
That nabs you an accompishment, doesn't it?

Top Bottom