• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2014

tolkir

Next week on Japan eShop

uxwGK.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Katsuragi

This should make a few people very happy:
Nintendo of Europe @NintendoEurope
A new update for #NESRemix on #WiiU is now available allowing you to play with the Pro Controller, Wii Remote or Classic Controller

cacildo

This should make a few people very happy:

Im not on the "No gamepad!" side, but the more control options, the merrier.

Sometimes the wiiu can be quite confusing with the control options.

There´s always a time when you will play multiplayer and some sort of "No.. this one... wait, this one dosent work.... just a minute... no, i have to sync this one..." situation arises

n64coder

I only played e1, so someone else has to answer this. I found e1 to be a bit easy, but if you haven't played Picross in a while, it should be okay.

They all are easy if you're a veteran player until you get to the end or doing the extras. I think e3 then e1 then e2 in that order with 3 being the best. E2 has the micross extra which is doing a bunch of puzzles to make a picture. I found those to be easy. E3 has mega puzzles which are different and very challenging if you have not done them before.

Neifirst

Has there been any news as to why Square Enix games are releasing on the Japanese VC practically every week and we haven't gotten even 1 in North America or Europe?

I don't know if they're any good, but it would be pretty cool if we got localized versions of the Super Famicom Romancing SaGa's and Bahamut Lagoon.

steveovig

Has there been any news as to why Square Enix games are releasing on the Japanese VC practically every week and we haven't gotten even 1 in North America or Europe?

I don't know if they're any good, but it would be pretty cool if we got localized versions of the Super Famicom Romancing SaGa's and Bahamut Lagoon.

Yea, that would be cool. If it's anything like Earthbound, I'm sure it would sell. Also, I'd be in to buy FF3 if it released in the US and of course, I would buy Secret of Mana since I have it on the Wii and never really got far in it. I guess we wait until SE and Nintendo decide to allow us to buy them.

Just noticed Ninja Gaiden is coming tomorrow.

Something à la Monster World IV would be even better.
Monster World IV was something of a small miracle that involved the producer of the best professional retro port/emulator developer being a huge fan of the series.

Unless publishers start licensing fan-translations, I doubt we'll see that happen again (sadly).

ngower

I know it exists, but I can't seem to find it, so I figured I'd ask here: isn't there a list of all the Club Nintendo digital rewards since they began? On that note, do they ever repeat their offerings?

I ask because I know there have been some great games offered—either original or VC titles—and if they don't repeat, I wonder what possibilities might lie ahead?I have about 1000 points that will expire over the coming months and I want to use them up on games, but I don't care for the current offerings.

Thanks in advance for the help!

sörine

Banned
Monster World IV was something of a small miracle that involved the producer of the best professional retro port/emulator developer being a huge fan of the series.

Unless publishers start licensing fan-translations, I doubt we'll see that happen again (sadly).
M2 should convince Konami to do the same thing for their MSX games and push out western Virtual Co sole releases. Most of their best games are already in english anyway including Nemesis 1-3, King's Valley 1-2, Penguin Adventure, Vampire Killer, Knightmare, Twinbee Maze of Galious, Metal Gear, Treasure of the Ursas and Salamander. Others like Parodius, Contra, Quarth, Metal Gear 2 and Snatcher already have english translations owned by Konami that could be used too.

steveovig

sörine;98876381 said:
M2 should convince Konami to do the same thing for their MSX games and push out western Virtual Co sole releases. Most of their best games are already in english anyway including Nemesis 1-3, King's Valley 1-2, Penguin Adventure, Vampire Killer, Knightmare, Twinbee Maze of Galious, Metal Gear, Treasure of the Ursas and Salamander. Others like Parodius, Contra, Quarth, Metal Gear 2 and Snatcher already have english translations owned by Konami that could be used too.

No, see, you're just thinking too clearly here.

sörine;98876381 said:

Glad I have this:

T9503Gfront.jpg

Robin64

So I guess the lack of VC games for Europe this week wasn't bringing a surprise but instead there really are ZERO VC games for us. What a joke.

2 months after EU, right?

At least you can 100% your version without bugs caused by the 50hz shittery.

Chucker

I really thought since I had the day off (sick) that Nintendo wouldn't have anything worth downloading today.

I love being wrong.

Fularu

Banned
With ALTTP beeing out today, will I get it "for free" if I use the code I bought from club nintendo or will I have to pay 1.5$ to "upgrade it"?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sale happening on some indie games:

Starting today, Wii U owners can take advantage of limited-time discounts on select indie games in the Nintendo eShop. Now through Feb. 13, fans who own any of the participating games already – or purchase one at full price during the promotion – will qualify to receive 60 percent off all other participating games.

The indie games that are participating in this exciting two-week Nintendo eShop sale include:

• Toki Tori 2+ from Two Tribes Publishing is a puzzle adventure with no tutorials, no hand-holding and no one telling players what to do. The fun is in exploring and overcoming the obstacles of the lush forest island.

• Spin the Bottle: Bumpie’s Party from KnapNok Games is a game for two to eight people. Players sit in a circle around the Wii U GamePad, spin a virtual bottle and collaborate with friends to complete the most challenges.

• BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien from Gaijin Games Inc. is a rhythm-music, auto-running platformer. Players run, jump, slide, kick and soar through fantastic environments with amazing soundtracks.

• Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams from Black Forest Games is a fast-paced platformer that lets players morph at will between two dynamically different dream worlds. The game combines punchy graphics and tight controls with the challenge of retro platforming.

• Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition from WayForward delivers players to a world in which Space Hooligans have escaped custody and are wreaking havoc all over Planet Land. Players must do what they can to bring these renegades to justice.

Edit: & today's update:

Virtual Console™ on Wii U™
The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past™ – Considered one of the greatest video games ever made, the Super NES™ classic follows hero Link™ as he searches for Princess Zelda™ in twisting mazes, dark dungeons, mysterious palaces and shadowy forests. Traversing both Light and Dark Worlds, he must navigate eight dark dungeons, fighting evil enemies and huge bosses.

Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS™
Mario Bros.™ – Mario Bros. is the first game to feature Mario™ and Luigi™ together. Help the two brothers clear stages by collecting coins and avoiding enemies in this action classic.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
Castle Clout 3D – Crush and destroy enemies with your powerful trebuchet in this vivid 3D version of the popular Castle Clout game. Choose your ammo and angle of attack to crash castles across five continents, then design custom levels and challenge your friends in multiplayer mode.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U
Wii Fit™ U – With Wii Fit U, you can create fitness routines, review progress and compare with friends in online Gym Communities and Miiverse™. Get active with more than 70 fun activities, from new ones using the Wii U GamePad controller to Wii Fit favorites. Jan. 31 is the last day for Wii U owners who also have a Wii Balance Board™ to take advantage of Nintendo’s free trial offer of Wii Fit U. After that the download costs $29.99. You can also purchase the game with an included Fit Meter in stores at a suggested retail price of $49.99.

Nintendo eShop Sales
Super Indie Sale – Own or purchase one of five participating games at regular price to get 60 percent off all other participating games! Participating games include: Spin the Bottle: Bumpie’s Party, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition, Toki Tori 2+ or BIT.TRIP Presents…Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien. This offer is valid from 9 a.m. PT on Jan. 30 until 9 a.m. PT on Feb. 13.

Ohno Odyssey – Ohno Odyssey is a physics-based, action-puzzle game that challenges players to guide stranded aliens through gravity-defying stages as they roll on rails, and jump over and smash through obstacles. Starting today, download Ohno Odyssey from the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS for $3.99 until 9 a.m. PT on Feb. 20.

Also new this week:
• ARC STYLE: Solitaire (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Touch Battle Tank 3D 2 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

Glass Joe

I think Wiki has burned me once in the five years I've relied on them for VC.

Wiki's edited by normal people like you and me though, so technically I could put that Mario 64 and Metroid Fusion were coming out on there until someone edited it back (not that I would!).

I think what happened is Ninja Gaiden was due and even had a nintendo.com page briefly. It was mentioned on a nintendo blog site, but when I click the supporting link it says "page not found." They must have switched it for Zelda. When does the weekly press release come out? I want both to come out but they probably won't the same week, with how Nintendo's been handling VC.

EDIT: Thanks Zonic505

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So doing the math, these are the prices (or at least close to them) for each of those indie games being 60% off:

Toki Tori 2+: $6 (normally $15)
Spin The Bottle: $3.60 (normally $9)
Bit.Trip Runner 2: $6 (normally $15)
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams: $6 (normally $15)
Mighty Switch Force HDE: $4 (normally $10)

Remember, you have to buy or already own one of those games in order for the promo to take effect, & it works on ALL games, so you can buy 4 of those at the discounted price after buying one at full price.

Top Bottom