• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2014

Coppanuva

Guess I'm picking up MH3 in that sale that's going on. Was going to see if there's another sale here first, but looks like I'm ok picking that up.

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console

Wii U | Sales
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom | $19.99 until 02/03, then $39.99)
(If you have already downloaded any of these games, you have discounts on the other games.)
  • Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (Black Forest Games | $5.99 until 02/13, then $14.99)
  • Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (WayForward | $3.99 until 02/13, then $9.99)
  • BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Gaijin Games | $5.99 until 02/13, then $14.99)
  • Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party (Knapnok Games | $3.60 until 02/13, then $8.99)
  • Toki Tori 2+ (Two Tribes Publishing | $5.99 until 02/13, then $14.99)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition (Nintendo | Free until 02/02, then disappears)
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom | $19.99 until 02/03, then $39.99)
  • Ohno Odyssey (Big John Games | $3.99 until 02/20, then $5.99)

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Wii Fit U (Nintendo | €34.99 | £29.99)

Wii U | Sales
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom | €35.99 | £29.99 until 02/06, then €59.99 | £49.99)
(If you have already downloaded any of these games, you have discounts on the other games.)
  • Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (Black Forest Games | €5.99 | £5.19 until 02/13, then €14.99 | £12.99)
  • Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (WayForward | €3.99 | £3.59 until 02/13, then €9.99 | £8.99)
  • BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Gaijin Games | €4.79 | £3.99 until 02/13, then €11.99 | £9.99)
  • Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party (Knapnok Games | €2.79 | £2.39 until 02/13, then €6.99 | £5.99)
  • Toki Tori 2+ (Two Tribes Publishing | €5.99 | £5.19 until 02/13, then €14.99 | £12.99)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom | €26.99 | £23.99 until 02/06, then €44.99 | £39.99)

uxwGK.png

Wii U | Virtual Console

Katsuragi

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition is available on the US eShop for the next four days! Maybe Nintendo wants more users to create a NNID, since you require one in order to download free demos/games.

zroid

Banned
oh damn, nice. Shiiiit I guess I can't download it without an NNID, right?

(I already have it on my XL, but I would dl it on my OG 3DS... but I'd need to make a second NNID for that...)

Didn't see it was a DSi game; thought it was the original GBA title.
Ah, got ya. The original GBA title was never released separately, it was part of A Link to the Past on GBA. And Minish Cap was the ambassador game, not LttP.

Here's some more info on the offer: http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers/#4swords

Nintendo's going into "Disney Vault" mode, huh? "Grab it while you can: when the offer ends, it might be a while before you see the game again in Nintendo eShop."

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition is available on the US eShop for the next four days! Maybe Nintendo wants more users to create a NNID, since you require one in order to download free demos/games.
Nothing in Europe. Anyway, stealth release NOA at its finest. Two in one day.

I wonder this is what you're getting instead of Super Mario Bros. DX.
I'd much prefer Four Swords. It probably wouldn't push me into make an NNID though meaning I wonder have it.

I wonder if they'll similarly reopen the vault for Donkey Kong - Original Edition, perhaps when DKCTF comes out?
But that might upset people who bought a digital version of Paper Mario Sticker Star for it.
I guess its better than buying a Red Wii and having it stuck in 50Hz.

I guess if it occasionally replaces Donkey Kong on the VC that would be cool. But realistically I wouldn't hold hope of other promotions any time soon as this Zelda one has a clear parallel.

jmizzal

"To celebrate #LinkBetweenWorlds, Four Swords Anniv. Ed. is available for free in the #3DS #eShop now through 2/2. #4Swords4Days4Free"

So the deal is to celebrate ALBW, so why are not they not giving away ALttP lol, I only had to pay an upgrade fee but would been nice if it was 30 cent or free on WiiU for 3 days

Not worthy of a new thread, but I figure people in here might be booting up their Wii Us, just wondering if anyone's having trouble connecting to Miiverse right now, it's spitting back Error 115-3028 at me right now. I was able to buy a bunch of games on the eShop so it's probably not a connectivity problem.

Yay! Looking forward to lttp on the Gamepad before bed tonight. Got my $1.50 all ready. I so wanted to play it on wii mode this last month but I'm glad I waited.

zroid

Banned
Anyway... to resolve my conundrum earlier, I decided to make a US NNID for my old 3DS. I'm locking myself out of making any purchases on that system, but to be honest it's been more than a year since I got the XL and I haven't made any yet. At least this way I can download free software, and check the US eShop charts. Plus I can give some lucky local StreetPassers a new region, potentially.

Mario Bros. (Nintendo | NES | $4.99)

Now Nintendo is just taunting us. SMB3 has been "coming soon" in the E-shop for months, and what do they finally release!? Mario Bros.

piss off Nintendo of America.

Instead of SMB3, NOA's bean counters are apparently hoping that in the meantime enough people will be stupid enough to A) pay five dollars for NES Mario Bros Arcade B) magically forget we already got the game for FREE in the form of Luigi Bros on SM3DW.

jmizzal

Instead of SMB3, NOA's bean counters are apparently hoping that in the meantime enough people will be stupid enough to A) pay five dollars for NES Mario Bros Arcade B) magically forget we already got the game for FREE in the form of Luigi Bros on SM3DW.

I forgot all about that, I beat SM3DW and I know I noticed the Luigi icon and thought it was always there and I just wasnt paying attention lol, now gonna turn on the WiiU and play it

I don't think there's any logic intended by the bean counters. If there was there would be a better release schedule in the first place.

I forgot all about that, I beat SM3DW and I know I noticed the Luigi icon and thought it was always there and I just wasnt paying attention lol, now gonna turn on the WiiU and play it

It's also immediately available to those who have New Luigi U, so for me it was an instant, free bonus the day I bought 3DW. I actually really enjoy playing it to unwind after, my score is currently a little over 93,000, still can't seem to crack 100K

I don't think there's any logic intended by the bean counters. If there was there would be a better release schedule in the first place.

Sure there's a logic. It's a very dumb, stingy logic which I just described. It's called desperately trying to milk a few extra sales on a lesser game before SMB3 is released because apparently they think American fans are easier to fool for a quick, impulse purchase unlike NCL and NOE customers. Or they're just being dumb, sure, I guess.

Top Bottom