• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2014

steveovig

Honestly, does anyone actually enjoy playing Mario Bros. these days? I couldn't stand playing it on NES Remix and I like score-based arcade games.

Jucksalbe

Banned
I might enjoy a more modern take on the game. I just don't like the controls of it, but it can be a lot of fun with two players. I greatly enjoyed it on the C64 back in the day.

Boogiepop

At the very least Mario Bros controls better than Ice Climber, so that's something. I think I played a decent bit of it back when it was included with all the Mario Advance games, but yeah, it's certainly not something I could imagine spending money on nowadays.

JavyOO7

Batman AO 39.99
Scribblenaughts Unmasked DC Comics 39.99
Scribblenaughts Unlimited 19.99
Injustice 39.99
Hot Wheels World's Best Driver 19.99
LEGO Batman 2 DC Super Heroes

Those games, published by WB Games, on sale now on Wii U eShop for those prices...

Atleast in USA anyway...

steveovig

At the very least Mario Bros controls better than Ice Climber, so that's something. I think I played a decent bit of it back when it was included with all the Mario Advance games, but yeah, it's certainly not something I could imagine spending money on nowadays.

Yea, I used to play it back on the Advance games. Of course, that was a decade ago and something has changed in me. I can't stand the game now. I can enjoy Ice Climbers a little more for some reason, even though the jumping sucks.

jmizzal

Batman AO 39.99
Scribblenaughts Unmasked DC Comics 39.99
Scribblenaughts Unlimited 19.99
Injustice 39.99
Hot Wheels World's Best Driver 19.99
LEGO Batman 2 DC Super Heroes

Those games, published by WB Games, on sale now on Wii U eShop for those prices...

Atleast in USA anyway...

I think every 3rd Party has had sales or dropped prices on the eshop besides EA, Madden, Mass Effect 3 and Fifa are still 59.99 lol and those are launch games

Well WB is not releasing the story DLC for Batman AO but Nintendo will give you a full refund and you get to keep the already release DLC for Batman, good that Nintendo is giving you your full but WB should give you your content

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...-batman-arkham-origins-dlc-season-passes.aspx

zroid

Banned
I think every 3rd Party has had sales or dropped prices on the eshop besides EA, Madden, Mass Effect 3 and Fifa are still 59.99 lol and those are launch games

Pretty sure EA just forgot they exist so no one has even thought to give them price drops

JavyOO7

Well WB is not releasing the story DLC for Batman AO but Nintendo will give you a full refund and you get to keep the already release DLC for Batman, good that Nintendo is giving you your full but WB should give you your content

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...-batman-arkham-origins-dlc-season-passes.aspx

Since its their store, can't Nintendo drop the prices themselves? Since the Wii U is struggling hard to find its footing and many 3rd parties don't really want to develop for the time, why not have permanent discounts on several 3rd party titles. Maybe it'd have Valve go: "...not bad." Like instead of 60 percent why not 75 percent. =p

tolkir

Can't find anything positive to say about that.

TM_WiiUDS_MyFarm_EN.png

Weng

A Wii U doesn't have a Wii console number in Wii mode, does it?
So you can't gift a Wii Shop game to a Wii U owner?

jmizzal

Since you don't seem to have the address book in Wii Mode, you probably can't.

I have no clue why the WiiU doesnt have gifting mode, that would help download game sales, people buying games for others, I thought that would have been updated in by now

D-e-f-

Banned
I have no clue why the WiiU doesnt have gifting mode, that would help download game sales, people buying games for others, I thought that would have been updated in by now

eShop gifting is one of the many things that is supposedly "in the works" but taking, obviously, forever like everything these days.

Roto13

So I stuck an old 300gb laptop hard drive in an enclosure and attached it to my Wii U and realized that I don't actually have enough games to fill up the standard 8gb of flash memory.

I feel like I should buy something just to give my hard drive a reason to live.

Something that isn't Monster Hunter.

Also I kind of wish there was an easy way to keep games and updates on my hard drive and save files in my flash memory because I'm not 100% confident the hard drive's not going to give me some terrible error at some point.

JavyOO7

So I stuck an old 300gb laptop hard drive in an enclosure and attached it to my Wii U and realized that I don't actually have enough games to fill up the standard 8gb of flash memory.

Also I kind of wish there was an easy way to keep games and updates on my hard drive and save files in my flash memory because I'm not 100% confident the hard drive's not going to give me some terrible error at some point.

What games you got so far.

Ondore

Nothing's wrong with you oatmeal, Monster Hunter demos always suck.

Somehow, the WiiU version of Giana Sisters is 4.5GB (compare the PS3 version which is 1.7GB). If you've gotten anything from the indy sale, it's $6 and should go nicely on that hard drive.

Boogiepop

Part of me really wants MonHun3...

But I hated the demo.

what is wrong with me?

The game demos poorly. I didn't like the original MH3 demo and as such ignored the game for about a year until one of my friends got into it and convinced me to give the full game a shot. Now I've not only played plenty of 3, I also went back for Ultimate as soon as it came out and sunk a ton of time into it, and I'm desperately excited for 4.

In short.... do it!

oatmeal

Banned
The game demos poorly. I didn't like the original MH3 demo and as such ignored the game for about a year until one of my friends got into it and convinced me to give the full game a shot. Now I've not only played plenty of 3, I also went back for Ultimate as soon as it came out and sunk a ton of time into it, and I'm desperately excited for 4.

In short.... do it!

I'm going to ask my buddy to get it, too.

It's co-op right?

It'd be fun to do that with him...

jmizzal

In short.... do it!

Is it best to play with the pro controller or the WiiU gamepad? I'm thinking bout getting it before the sale is over

drbond

Neo Member
Is it best to play with the pro controller or the WiiU gamepad? I'm thinking bout getting it before the sale is over

MH3U WiiU plays perfectly fine on the gamepad, but doing hunts continously will wear on the gamepad's weak battery. You'll want to make sure you charged up your Gamepad before, or make sure its plugged into the AC adaptor. One plus about MH3U on WiiU, is its one of the few titles that allows microphone use through the Gamepad mic. It does sound odd thats a positive, but realize that some games require an extra mic/headset peripheral to communicate online (outside of using the ZL button and manually typing out text messages in-game or in the lobby). COD Blops 2 & COD Ghosts WiiU require an additional mic/headset to communicate for example (Gamepad mic does not work).

As far as gameplay wise, once you start getting into multiple star quests in solo, or High rank (and above) monster hunter rankings...the Pro U will help out alot (especially if you are using weapon types that require you be more dextrous with the face and shoulder buttons). If you don't have a WiiU headset/mic (you can use the sets you use for your cell phones last I heard), you can always place your Gamepad in the stand and talk to the mic.

Definitely grab the digital version of MH3U WiiU while its still on sale on eShop. $19.99 is black friday price (gamestop did this price on the retail version). I can also attest that the game does load a bit faster, and overall your WiiU won't be as noisy, as the MH3U disc in particular is constantly accessed in the retail disc version (be it weapon selection in your inventory chest, area loading, etc). Takes about 6.2 GBs or so of hard drive space.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.

NFSMW (it was rather hard to get a physical copy, at least where I live), F1 RS (well, yeah, I'm into racers), a handful of indie games - anything TwoTribes, Zen Pinball, BitTrip, etc. Then there's RE:R (the inferior version, but still).

jmizzal

MH3U WiiU plays perfectly fine on the gamepad, but doing hunts continously will wear on the gamepad's weak battery. You'll want to make sure you charged up your Gamepad before, or make sure its plugged into the AC adaptor. One plus about MH3U on WiiU, is its one of the few titles that allows microphone use through the Gamepad mic. It does sound odd thats a positive, but realize that some games require an extra mic/headset peripheral to communicate online (outside of using the ZL button and manually typing out text messages in-game or in the lobby). COD Blops 2 & COD Ghosts WiiU require an additional mic/headset to communicate for example (Gamepad mic does not work).

As far as gameplay wise, once you start getting into multiple star quests in solo, or High rank (and above) monster hunter rankings...the Pro U will help out alot (especially if you are using weapon types that require you be more dextrous with the face and shoulder buttons). If you don't have a WiiU headset/mic (you can use the sets you use for your cell phones last I heard), you can always place your Gamepad in the stand and talk to the mic.

Definitely grab the digital version of MH3U WiiU while its still on sale on eShop. $19.99 is black friday price (gamestop did this price on the retail version). I can also attest that the game does load a bit faster, and overall your WiiU won't be as noisy, as the MH3U disc in particular is constantly accessed in the retail disc version (be it weapon selection in your inventory chest, area loading, etc).

Ok yea I played the demo with the gamepad and it worked fine, was just wondering if Pro would be any different. I will prob play offline with the pro more and online with the gamepad I do like games with that use the mic (Splinter Cell does that). I also have my plug close by so if it needs charging I can play and have it charging. I'm gonna jump on that deal was waiting for some money to get into my paypal it should be there before the 3rd.

Top Bottom