• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2016

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Well damn, I'll have to take this in consideration.

Thanks.

Yeah, I mean also consider you have 32GB on the Internal memory (assuming you don't have a Basic), and that's something. I would recommend 128GB stick either way unless you plan on never buying discs.

Xenoblade X and DKC Tropical Freeze are the biggest games, they're almost 20 GB

TheMoon

Yeah, I mean also consider you have 32GB on the Internal memory (assuming you don't have a Basic), and that's something. I would recommend 128GB stick either way unless you plan on never buying discs.

DKCTF is 11606.33 MB not "almost" 20GB. There's bigger first party games (Maiden of Black Water, Bayo 1/2, Lego City)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sega sale:

3DS:
- Sonic Generations: $19.99 (33% off)
- Sonic Triple Trouble: $2.99 (40% off)

Wii U:
- Sonic Lost World: $19.99 (33% off)
- Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric: $19.99 (33% off)

.........some sale. There's other Game Gear games they could've discounted, not to mention Lost World on 3DS & the 3D Classics.

Sega sale:

3DS:

Wii U:

.........some sale. There's other Game Gear games they could've discounted, not to mention Lost World on 3DS & the 3D Classics.

Yeah, I already have the 3DS games but not Sonic 2 (or Lost World for that matter).

MacTag

Banned
So I want to give Conveni Dream a try. It really grabs my eye. Looks like something that might be fun to sit and play for a few minutes here and there.
Ditto. I've always been interested in The Conveni series and this looks close enough to try.

Is Dragon Fantasy Book II cross-buy like the first?

Ditto. I've always been interested in The Conveni series and this looks close enough to try.

Is Dragon Fantasy Book II cross-buy like the first?

I'm having a lot of fun with it. Wish there was a pause or cool down period cause I feel like I'm going crazy after about 30 minutes but it's still a lot of fun and a bit deeper then I imagined.
I would love to be able to customize my shop a little more but seeing the theme changes is nice at least too.

foltzie1

Well damn, I'll have to take this in consideration.

Thanks.

DKCTF is 11606.33 MB not "almost" 20GB. There's bigger first party games (Maiden of Black Water, Bayo 1/2, Lego City)

If you are looking for a usb stick, I personally use this Sandisk fit. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BGTG2A0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh sweet, that's some great prices. I might give in & get the 64GB after payday on the off-chance there's more game sales or I get more VC titles.

MANUELF

Banned
Do you guys believe Nintendo will ever release Picross DS on the VC? I really want it but I was never able to find it for less than scalper prices

Are ppl really not hyped in here for Star Tropics 1 & 2? THAT'S HUGE IMO. Anyway, thanks for the update, I'll def be adding those to my list of Wii U VC titles.

maxcriden

Do you guys believe Nintendo will ever release Picross DS on the VC? I really want it but I was never able to find it for less than scalper prices

It's possible, but not at all guaranteed. We just can only guess what DS VC games we'll get.

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/nintendo-ds/picross-ds

If you're not looking for it new/sealed, it appears it's $9 for a "good" complete (it seems) quality. Unsure if Goodwill (the seller) can guarantee it's properly complete, but the remarks say "May have very light or no surface scratches. Case and artwork are included but may show minimal signs of wear. If applicable: DLC or activation codes may be expired or not included."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Picross-DS-/182116647788?hash=item2a66ff836c:g:9p4AAOSwmrlUymMX

Next lowest price on eBay (didn't check Amazon or GameStop, they could have it cheaper) was this one for $15 complete:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PICROSS-DS-...295334?hash=item3601321ca6:g:gEoAAOSwfC9XO7uA

Cart only was as low as $8, though:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Picross-DS-...009986?hash=item2eefc2b2c2:g:xfQAAOSwY0lXRP19

I hope that helps!

TheMoon

I think this is very relevant to our interests!

Futuridium EP Deluxe

Today, MixedBagGames shared the first screenshots for the New Nintendo 3DS version of Futuridium EP Deluxe (which came out today on Wii U, in Europe and North America). They also confirmed that the game would run at 60fps even with 3D activated, and that it would be crossbuy. In other words, if you bought it today on Wii U, you already own the New Nintendo 3DS version!

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/indie-news-may-27-soul-saga/

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Sega sale:

3DS:

Wii U:

No Eu sales?

MANUELF

Banned
It's possible, but not at all guaranteed. We just can only guess what DS VC games we'll get.

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/nintendo-ds/picross-ds

If you're not looking for it new/sealed, it appears it's $9 for a "good" complete (it seems) quality. Unsure if Goodwill (the seller) can guarantee it's properly complete, but the remarks say "May have very light or no surface scratches. Case and artwork are included but may show minimal signs of wear. If applicable: DLC or activation codes may be expired or not included."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Picross-DS-/182116647788?hash=item2a66ff836c:g:9p4AAOSwmrlUymMX

Next lowest price on eBay (didn't check Amazon or GameStop, they could have it cheaper) was this one for $15 complete:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PICROSS-DS-...295334?hash=item3601321ca6:g:gEoAAOSwfC9XO7uA

Cart only was as low as $8, though:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Picross-DS-...009986?hash=item2eefc2b2c2:g:xfQAAOSwY0lXRP19

I hope that helps!

Im from Mexico so my options are limited, thanks for looking for it though

BooJoh

I'm guessing the Hamtaro games are probably out of the question for VC due to licensing? I'd love to replay them (and maybe get Rainbow Rescue in NA.)

KingWool

Banned
Are ppl really not hyped in here for Star Tropics 1 & 2? THAT'S HUGE IMO. Anyway, thanks for the update, I'll def be adding those to my list of Wii U VC titles.

I think the issue is that it was released in Europe and Japan so long ago we stopped caring. I have the Wii version and this is the first time I'm not inclined to update. Silly? Maybe.

Benedict

Any good tips on how to get the 3D stable on the N3DS?
It's often that I experience "double vision".
When I try to calibrate it I have no luck.
The calibration screen is so bright it almost seems like they know of the problems that occur even on the N3DS.
I see no double vision on the calibration screen.
Only in games and often when there is a dark background.
For example, the Yggdrasil tree in the overview world in Etrian Odyssey IV during night.
It bugs me every time it happens, which is almost always.

Robin64

3D on a dark background will always give that "double vision" look on 3DS, no way to stop that (At least with this current method of 3D). The darker the background the worse it is.

Benedict

3D on a dark background will always give that "double vision" look on 3DS, no way to stop that (At least with this current method of 3D). The darker the background the worse it is.

Thanks for the info, started to think there was something wrong with my system.
Haven't read about this problem before so it's strange this isn't brought up more.
Thought N3DS would've fixed this issue.

Javier

I think the issue is that it was released in Europe and Japan so long ago we stopped caring. I have the Wii version and this is the first time I'm not inclined to update. Silly? Maybe.
Uhh, StarTropics has never been released in Japan. Like, EVER.

RedToad64

Is it just my imagination, or is the VC release of StarTropics at an acceptable brightness? On the TV at least. GamePad still looks really dark.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Come on Robin, where's mah PR???? :p

Call me Batman!

Nintendo eShop (New 3DS)

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (Nintendo, SNES VC) - €7.99/£7.19 (€5.59/£4.99 until June 9)
Donkey Kong and Diddy have been captured by the Kremlings, so it's Dixie Kong and new sidekick Kiddy to the rescue! In the final part of the classic Donkey Kong Country trilogy, take control of Dixie and Kiddy, and use their unique abilities to traverse treacherous terrain, seek out elusive Banana Birds, and defeat the Kremlings' new master, KAOS.

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Fire Emblem Fates: Map 4 Ghostly Gold (Nintendo, Add-On Content) - €2.49/£2.29
In Ghostly Gold, a good deed quickly turns hairy, but your generosity will be amply rewarded.

Maps can be purchased and played from the Dragon's Gate, which will be available after reaching a certain point in the game. If you have already purchased Map Pack 1, you can download this map by going to the Dragon's Gate and selecting "Purchase DLC." Download the map and it will then be available to play.

Fire Emblem Fates: Map 5 Museum Melee (Nintendo, Add-On Content) - €2.49/£2.29
Museum Melee features an extraplanar collection of fine armaments. You can take a few of them home with you, provided you can beat the other challengers to the prize.

Maps can be purchased and played from the Dragon's Gate, which will be available after reaching a certain point in the game. If you have already purchased Map Pack 1, you can download this map by going to the Dragon's Gate and selecting "Purchase DLC." Download the map and it will then be available to play.

Ashley's Magic (Nintendo, theme available on June 3) - €1.99/£1.79
The witch Ashley practises magic under a full moon. Scroll the Touch Screen to see her haunted mansion and her demon pal, Red.

Special offers
3D MahJongg (Joindots) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends June 16, normally €4.99/£4.49)
Gardenscapes (Joindots) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends June 16, normally €7.99/£5.99)
Murder on the Titanic (Joindots) - €5.35/£4.00 (Ends June 16, normally €7.99/£5.99)
Safari Quest (Joindots) - €4.68/£3.33 (Ends June 16, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Parascientific Escape Cruise in the Distant Seas (CIRCLE Ent.) - €3.99/£3.19 (Ends June 23, normally €4.99/£3.99)
WAKEDAS (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.69 (Ends June 23, normally €2.99/£2.49)
Football Up Online (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends June 30, normally €3.99/£3.59)
Battleminer (Woobly Tooth) - €3.29/£2.99 (Ends June 30, normally €4.99/£4.49)
The Magic Hammer (Woobly Tooth) - €1.99/£1.99 (Ends June 30, normally €2.99/£2.99)
Toy Stunt Bike (Woobly Tooth) - €1.99/£1.99 (Ends June 30, normally €2.99/£2.99)
GLORY OF GENERALS (CIRCLE Ent.) - €6.99/£6.09 (Permanent, was €9.99/£7.99)

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Kick & Fennick (Abstraction Games) - €14.99/£13.49 (€10.49/£9.44 until June 16)
Kick & Fennick is a platform adventure about a little boy with a very special gun. Soon after waking up in a desolate but colorful world, Kick meets a small flying robot named Fennick. When Fennick saves Kick from a menacing guard robot, they find out Fennick's battery is broken. Together, they embark on an adventure to the Core Tower to find Fennick a new energy core.

Special offers
Art of Balance (Shin'en Multimedia) - €6.70/£5.36 (Ends June 23, normally €8.99/£7.15)
Rock 'N Racing Off Road (EnjoyUp Games) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends June 30, normally €5.99/£5.39)
99Seconds (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends June 30, normally €2.49/£2.29)
Darts Up (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends June 30, normally €2.49/£2.29)
Epic Dumpster Bear (Log Games) - €4.49/£3.49 (Ends June 30, normally €6.49/£4.99)
Puzzle Monkeys (Log Games) - €1.49/£1.49 (Ends June 30, normally €2.99/£2.99)
Jones on Fire (Joindots) - €2.99/£2.29 (Ends June 16, normally €5.99/£4.59)
Queen's Garden (Joindots) - €5.59/£4.39 (Ends June 16, normally €6.99/£5.49)

gerudoman

DKC3, about damn time. Considering how unlikely it is for the Square games to be released I think I'm done with the SNES VC.

I'am beginning to think that Super Mario RPG will be on whatever the NX turns out to be.

We eventually got Metroid: Zero Mission and Xenoblade Chronicles but NoA seems happy enough to port everything else but fucking Super Mario RPG on the North American Wii U VC.

Richie

Europe's had plenty of weeks lately with no Wii U VC game. Pretty darned odd because even with the finite amount of first party titles left to release, they could comfortably release at least one every week until March 2017 (NX's supposed release date) and STILL have games left, even with the upperhand they've got on NoA. Correct me if I'm wrong.

KingWool

Banned
Europe's had plenty of weeks lately with no Wii U VC game. Pretty darned odd because even with the finite amount of first party titles left to release, they could comfortably release at least one every week until March 2017 (NX's supposed release date) and STILL have games left, even with the upperhand they've got on NoA. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And they're gonna start over again!!!!!

Javier

Barring the odd title getting removed for copyright reasons, I really, REALLY don't see Nintendo starting VC from scratch yet again on NX.

Richie

I want to be with Javier on this one, but you never know with Nintendo, for better or worse. Ideally, the entire library on the Wii U would be on NX from day one, with system-wide improvements even (an option to remove the %#$#% filter on NES and N64 titles, for one), the addition of Gamecube to the catalogue, and, dare I say, finally a price cut on the systems offered since the Wii. A madman can dream.

PtM

Banned
I mean, what exactly makes people think they're going to start from scratch all over again? Circumstances are a lot different now than when they made the Wii --> Wii U transition.
Even if things might be different, Nintendo is not.

Top Bottom