• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2016

Dee Dee

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan (NIS America, €9.99 / £17.99, was €39.99/ £34.99)
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (NIS America, €19.99 / £8.99, was €39.99/ £34.99)

What's with the weird discrepancy between EUR and £ prices here?
Is this a test, Atlus? Which version should I buy to interest you in my fine wares (of publishing in Europe...)?

Less paranoid suggestion: mixed up the prices here?

After extensive research I learned that unless you're going fully digital with 20+ plus games and need over 500 GB, you don't need a HDD. Flash memory works fine on WiiU despite Nintendos warnings. Just buy a name brand stick and you'll be good. I recently switched from a portable HDD that died to 128GB SanDisk Cuzer flash drive and have noticed no difference in loading the games. It was $25 for the flash drive versus at minimum $45 external HDD on eBay.

I put my most favorite games with save files hat I don't want to lose on the internal memory and everything else on the stick.

Okay will keep in mind.

Any memory stick you recommend?

Benedict

What's with the weird discrepancy between EUR and £ prices here?
Is this a test, Atlus? Which version should I buy to interest you in my fine wares (of publishing in Europe...)?

Less paranoid suggestion: mixed up the prices here?

Hope so, will buy both Etrian games if that is the case.
Edit: will buy all of them!!
Aaaaallllll of themmmmm!!!!!!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Okay will keep in mind.

Any memory stick you recommend?

I bought this one and its been working great. Various searches around forums and others have also given positive reviews to this stick.

Obviously you get a better deal per storage space if you buy an HDD. But unless you're even thinking of filling up 100GB, there's no point in purchasing a 500GB+ HDD because you're talking like 30 or 40 games.

So if you want a storage solution that's going to last you many years in the future, you're better with an HDD. If you just want something cheap to stick in your WiiU and forget about, buy a stick.

Dee Dee

I went by the local GameStop so often lately, trying to pick up the Fire Emblem Fates SE (not at GameStop itself though, lol), I eventually just went in, pointed at the Darkrai legendary Pokémon poster and asked: "Can I have one?"
Clerk rolled his eyes, then handed me the thing.

Are there any Pokémon fans here that want an EU code for Darkrai?
Quote this, I'll send you a PM.
If no one cares, I'll just throw it in the Pokémon community thread.

oatmeal

Banned
I bought Wii Sports Club Tennis and Bowling for 20 bucks several days ago and haven't gotten any Gold points on My Nintendo.

How long does it take to update?

GWX

I bought Wii Sports Club Tennis and Bowling for 20 bucks several days ago and haven't gotten any Gold points on My Nintendo.

How long does it take to update?

I'm not sure DLC counts towards gold coins. Updates should be nearly instantaneous.

Dee Dee

DDP continues to be the best Nintendo program

I bought so much stuff before it ran out, just to get an extra 5 EUR code. It was the best program ever to entice unreasonable spending.
It's a shame they implemented it the way they did now, but to be fair the amount of stars you got from smaller digital games on Club Nintendo before was similarly zilch.

If they bring back something like a DDP for the new console, I'll make sure to jump in within the necessary time frame.

I bought this one and its been working great. Various searches around forums and others have also given positive reviews to this stick.

Obviously you get a better deal per storage space if you buy an HDD. But unless you're even thinking of filling up 100GB, there's no point in purchasing a 500GB+ HDD because you're talking like 30 or 40 games.

So if you want a storage solution that's going to last you many years in the future, you're better with an HDD. If you just want something cheap to stick in your WiiU and forget about, buy a stick.

There is memory stick that is 64 GB and is cheaper. It's at Wal Mart, are those good as well?

Ondore

VC sales are rarer than other games, but they DO happen.

I really want to find a Sonic game I really like, but something about the level design and difficulty curve always seems off to me. I grew up with the Genesis games, but I never was very good at them.

No gold coins is going to make it a tougher sell for me. Game good?

Sonic Triple Trouble - I got it a few years ago. As it's a Game Gear game you can't see that much on the screen at once. I remember being lost in a maze, and dropping the game. I haven't played any of the other Game Gear games, but I'd say it's just OK.

Richie

No gold coins is going to make it a tougher sell for me. Game good?

Ninty needs to start giving out Coins for games below $5...How ridiculous it is that buying Super Mario Bros for the NES, THE ultimate contribution Nintendo made toward pop culture, a game of such significance, wouldnt give you any points in their official loyalty program?

Ninty needs to start giving out Coins for games below $5...How ridiculous it is that buying Super Mario Bros for the NES, THE ultimate contribution Nintendo made toward pop culture, a game of such significance, wouldnt give you any points in their official loyalty program?

I agree. It's the worst part of My Nintendo. It's especially frustrating because NES games cost $4.99...a cent less than the minimum to get coins.

MANUELF

Banned

Shizza

Wii U getting both Star Tropics & the sequel on Wii U VC tomorrow.

Hooray! Can't wait to give Start Tropics a play through. I've started it a few times and kept getting interrupted for one reason or another (lastly because my NES finally died). This time will be the time for sure!

TheMoon

Speaking of My Nintendo Coins, it seems devs are starting to add an extra cent to tempt people into buying their games, as this one releases tomorrow at the exact price of $5:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/ZyU00AVEPvJ7vcUKvgzx9k_O_6VFQHhs

I'll admit I'm a bit tempted. Game doesn't look half-bad for a store sim game.

That's not them adding a cent, that's them adding 1.01 to their usual 3.99 max price :)

It has always been ridiculous how they always release at prices like 3.99 or 9.99, I prefer my round numbers

It's not ridiculous. That's how pricing has worked for ages. .99 / .95 means you get basically the same money as going for the full number but the price looks cheaper to the consumer because the next smaller number is in front.

I've heard a lot of Star Tropics, but what is it?

May jump on that 64 GB memory stick, if nothing else is said about it. Pretty cheap imo.

I think I may buy Smash Brothers/Splatoon/ZombiU/Xenoblade Chronicles X before the end of the year. Also quite interested in buying RE4Wii/MPT/ Xenoblade Chronicles, in terms of VC purchases. But a 64 GB memory stick would cover that, right?

TheMoon

May jump on that 64 GB memory stick, if nothing else is said about it. Pretty cheap imo.

I think I may buy Smash Brothers/Splatoon/ZombiU/Xenoblade Chronicles X before the end of the year. Also quite interested in buying RE4Wii/MPT/ Xenoblade Chronicles, in terms of VC purchases. But a 64 GB memory stick would cover that, right?

Xeno Wii 7185.37 MB
Xeno X 20999.96 MB (remember, no need for the data packs when going digital)
RE4Wii 4621.60 MB
MP Trilgoy 8356.63 MB
Splatoon 1816.56 MB
ZombiU 6014.96 MB
Smash U 14183.83 MB (+ DLC is about 3GB extra)
= 63GB roughly
and that's not taking into account the Splatoon patches which I don't know the size of right now. So unless you still got some free internal space left, that will just barely cut it.

btw, file sizes taken from NOE's site.

BooJoh

Startropics is one of those games that Nintendo has been ignoring for decades but really shouldn't be. It's an action/adventure with a lot of charm, fun dungeon-based gameplay, and awesome music.

To give you an idea, here's a video of someone playing through the first dungeon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKmwKbv7gZw

Highly recommend the first one, I haven't made it through the second yet though.

L~A

NA:

Virtual Console on Wii U

StarTropics – In this much-loved NES game, step into the shoes of Mike Jones, a teenage star pitcher from Seattle who has come to the tropics to visit his famous archeologist uncle, Dr. Jones. After being told that his uncle has been abducted, Mike begins a perilous quest in order to rescue him and figure out the mysterious plot behind his disappearance.
Zoda’s Revenge: StarTropics II – Adventurer Mike Jones is back and embarking on a journey through time and space. Mike’s mission is to save seven mystic Tetrads, while facing the avengers of his foiled foe, the evil Zoda. Decipher codes, solve mysteries and battle dragons with heroes of days gone by. Mike won't stop until Zoda is history!

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 7.
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U), Sonic Generations (Nintendo 3DS) and more games from SEGA are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 6.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Inside My Radio is 20 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $11.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 8.
The Quiet Collection is 40 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 6.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Stella Glow, Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight and more games from ATLUS are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 6.
Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 2.
Toy Defense is 30 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.79) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 16.
SteamWorld Heist is 25 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $14.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 9.
Terraria is 25 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $14.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 2.
Lionel City Builder 3D and Cube Creator 3D from Big John Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 8.

New DLC:

Fire Emblem Fates – New DLC Maps: III: The Changing Tide – Shiro’s wounded band must seize an opportunity. Part 3 of Heirs of Fate for the Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright and Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest games is now available for $1.99.
Fire Emblem Fates – Map Pack 2 DLC – Across dimensions, other versions of the Hoshidan and Nohrian children are under attack. Born and raised in the Deeprealms, these fledgling warriors must now rise up to save themselves and their parents as they unravel the mystery of their adversaries. In this six-map series for the Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright and Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest games, units leveled up in the main game cannot lend support. Devise a strategy using a fresh team and reap the rewards, but only if all of your units survive. You can receive all six maps as they are released by purchasing Map Pack 2 for only $7.99.

Also new this week:

Infinite Dunamis (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Epic Word Search Collection 2 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Conveni Dream (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Rynn’s Adventure: Trouble in the Enchanted Forest (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Futuridium EP Deluxe (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Dual Core (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

Xeno Wii 7185.37 MB
Xeno X 20999.96 MB (remember, no need for the data packs when going digital)
RE4Wii 4621.60 MB
MP Trilgoy 8356.63 MB
Splatoon 1816.56 MB
ZombiU 6014.96 MB
Smash U 14183.83 MB (+ DLC is about 3GB extra)
= 63GB roughly
and that's not taking into account the Splatoon patches which I don't know the size of right now. So unless you still got some free internal space left, that will just barely cut it.

btw, file sizes taken from NOE's site.

Well damn, I'll have to take this in consideration.

Thanks.

Chrom

Just want to point out that it appears Nintendo made a mistake and listed the wrong Fire Emblem Fates DLC. III: The Changing Tide came out last week and they listed it then. This week's DLC should actually be IV: Light's Sacrifice.

Benedict

Personal Q costs £17.99
Etrian IV £8.99
EO Untold £8.99
Soul Hackers £8.99
What's the price for other EU countries?

tolkir

Week 21 finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric and more games from SEGA are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 6.
  • The Quiet Collection is 40 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 6.
  • Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 7.
  • Inside My Radio is 20 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $11.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 8.

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Fire Emblem Fates (Nintendo)
    Heirs of Fate IV: Light's Sacrifice ($1.99) *Included in Map Pack 2*

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Terraria is 25 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $14.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 2.
  • Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 2.
  • Sonic Generations (Nintendo 3DS) and more games from SEGA are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 6.
  • Stella Glow, Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight and more games from ATLUS are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 6.
  • Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 7.
  • Lionel City Builder 3D and Cube Creator 3D from Big John Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 8.
  • SteamWorld Heist is 25 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $14.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 9.
  • Toy Defense is 30 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.79) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 16.

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• LEGO Marvel's Avengers (WB Games)
    Spider-Man Character Pack (Free)

Wii U | Sales

• The Quiet Collection (Nostatic Software) - €2.69/£1.79 (Ends June 2, normally €4.49/£2.99)
  • Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures (ScrewAttack Games) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends June 9, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • Inside My Radio (Seaven Studio) - €11.99/£9.99 (Ends June 9, normally €14.99/£12.99)

• Fire Emblem Fates (Nintendo)
    Map 2 Boo Camp (€2.49 | £2.29) *Included in Map Pack 1*
    Map 3 Beach Brawl (€2.49 | £2.29) *Included in Map Pack 1*

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D Download Version (Zordix AB) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends June 2, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures (ScrewAttack Games) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends June 9, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • SteamWorld Heist (Image & Form) - €14.99/£11.24 (Ends June 9, normally €19.99/£14.99)
  • Music on: Electric Guitar (Abylight) - €0.99/£0.90 (Ends June 23, normally €1.99/£1.89)
  • Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan (NIS America, €9.99 / £8.99, was €39.99/ £34.99) Permanent
  • Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (NIS America, €19.99 / £17.99, was €39.99/ £34.99) Permanent
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (NIS America, €9.99 / £8.99, was €39.99/ £34.99) Permanent
  • Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (NIS America, €9.99 / £8.99, was €39.99/ £34.99) Permanent

uxwGK.png

So I want to give Conveni Dream a try. It really grabs my eye. Looks like something that might be fun to sit and play for a few minutes here and there.

TheMoon

Personal Q costs £17.99
Etrian IV £8.99
EO Untold £8.99
Soul Hackers £8.99
What's the price for other EU countries?

why don't you just look at the post that has both of them :)

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan (NIS America, €9.99 / £17.99, was €39.99/ £34.99)
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (NIS America, €19.99 / £8.99, was €39.99/ £34.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (NIS America, €9.99 / £8.99, was €39.99/ £34.99)
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (NIS America, €9.99 / £8.99, was €39.99/ £34.99)

Similar to earthbound zero, I wish star tropics and Zoda's revenge were on 3DS VC.

At least others get to play Zoda's revenge now though. I love that game, it was the last (absolutely last) NES game I picked up new and I enjoyed every second of it (picked it up in the same transaction as Mega Man 6 back in the day)

donny2112

Current world adventure where you save your uncle. Similar to Dragon Quest without party members in terms of overworld exploration. Dungeon gameplay is action play, though. No turns. Game also makes some really bad design choices for weapons. If you have full health, your weapon is at peak efficiency. If you get hit, your weapon does less damage. Therefore the game can be pretty easy if you're perfect, but if you get hit, you take longer to kill enemies which makes you exposed to further damage for longer periods in the game's attempt to make you die that much faster. Annoying as all get out.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmm, Sega/Sonic sale. Will have to see what they have when I get home.

.....though Sonic Boom REALLY shouldn't be part of examples of games on sale.

Top Bottom