• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2016

Fire Emblem Fates – Map Pack 1 (Nintendo, €17.99/ £16.19) - Includes 11 paid maps in total.

So the naming suggest there'll be a Map Pack 2... anybody know how many DLC maps there are in total?

EDIT: To answer my own question there's also a Map Pack 2 with an additional 6 maps

Robin64

Yeah, the US are already part way through Map Pack 2. Apparently it's more focused than Map Pack 1, offering a linear consistent story.

RiggyRob

.................... oO

nintendolife has a mole it seems?

3DS DLC
Fire Emblem Fates – Map Pack 1 (Nintendo, €17.99/ £16.19) - Includes 11 paid maps in total.
Fire Emblem Fates: Before Awakening (Nintendo, free) - Beyond the gate to another world lies the Halidom of Ylisse in this debut free DLC.

Hang on, so there's 3 campaigns, at least 2 map packs of a substantial price/length, and I'm assuming the EXP/Gold booster maps are back too, how much content are they pumping into this?!

Cheers for the info.
I didn't bother with Awakeing DLC but I'll buy all of Fates.
I have the SE on the way and there's something really appealing about having such a ridiculous amount of content on one cart.
An extra 18 maps on top of 3 campaigns is crazy.

It's huge, and I hope your wallet is too!

So I bought the SE, FE amiibo, cover plates, I'll buy all the 3DS themes, all these DLC maps...
Remind me to never add all of this up!

Simbabbad

Digger Dan DX gives me Boulder Dash vibes. What a shame there hasn't been any worthy Boulder Dash successor so far.

BTW, I bought 20 eShop points, which I used to buy 3DS Super Metroid and Contra III, and it triggered no My Nintendo reward. Is this normal?

TheMoon

BTW, I bought 20 eShop points, which I used to buy 3DS Super Metroid and Contra III, and it triggered no My Nintendo reward. Is this normal?

It's not a reward. Those are under missions. Are you absolutely sure your Gold Coins count didn't go up?

https://my.nintendo.com/point/history

myninpurrcsba.jpg

^
looks like that.

Simbabbad

@TheMoon: oh, it does show in my history as two 5€-9.99€ purchases. You do not have to claim those in missions? I expected to have to click to validate them. Also, where is the link to the history, didn't see it?

Thanks for your reply!

PtM

Banned
@TheMoon: oh, it does show in my history as two 5€-9.99€ purchases. You do not have to claim those in missions? I expected to have to click to validate them. Also, where is the link to the history, didn't see it?

Thanks for your reply!
Top-left menu.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Guess I'm gonna pick up one of those now cheap 2DS models for my son.

Too much Monster Hungar and he's killed his OG 3ds over the years. He doesn't use the 3d so I'll just get him a 2ds as a replacement then system transfer his shit over.

Have a quick question regarding the download version for Pandora's Tower. Did they fix the game breaking bugs in the original American release for the downloaded version or are those still intact?

Is Ace Attorney Trilogy worth the sale price? I've only played a bit of the first game. Is there a better way to play them, or is the 3DS trilogy good enough?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Considering it's basically $6 per game, I think the trilogy is worth it if you want to get into the series.

I'd love to replay through 2 & 3, but at the moment, I think I only did the first case for each game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess there's no Mega May this year, considering we're almost done with the month. Hell, considering Legends 1 & 2 are on PSN, they haven't ported 64 (which is basically a slightly better version of Legends) on the Wii U VC.

KingWool

Banned
Guess there's no Mega May this year, considering we're almost done with the month. Hell, considering Legends 1 & 2 are on PSN, they haven't ported 64 (which is basically a slightly better version of Legends) on the Wii U VC.

We need more Mario RPG & Shining Soul not Mega Man :D

donny2112

Is Ace Attorney Trilogy worth the sale price? I've only played a bit of the first game. Is there a better way to play them, or is the 3DS trilogy good enough?

If you haven't played them before, yes, definitely. I've played them all on DS, so I'm holding out for a 50% sale price still before rebuying. If they're new to you and you like the Ace Attorney style, they're well worth the price. (^_^)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, next week in Japan...

- Sonic Advance 3
- Gradius 2
- Mario Kart DS

...how is it Japan has gotten ALL THREE Sonic Advance games, but we've yet to get one?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't know why, but I laughed seeing PokePark of all things getting re-released.

Yay for Contra 3, I'll get that to see how SNES games look on the N3DS>

I thought Mega May was a real thing that Nintendo and fans participated in, but I guess it was just something that happened a few times. Last year I enjoyed watching Yacht Club Games (developers of Shovel Knight) play through the classic Megaman games.

Pokemaniac

I don't know why, but I laughed seeing PokePark of all things getting re-released.

Yay for Contra 3, I'll get that to see how SNES games look on the N3DS>

PokePark and its sequel are legit. The games are more on the average side, but they're pretty fun if you don't go in with lofty expectations.

Plus they have what is probably the closest we'll ever get to anime style battles.

Digger Dan DX gives me Boulder Dash vibes. What a shame there hasn't been any worthy Boulder Dash successor so far.

There's a version of Boulder Dash on the eShop and it's quite good! Around 6 bucks I think?

If you haven't played them before, yes, definitely. I've played them all on DS, so I'm holding out for a 50% sale price still before rebuying. If they're new to you and you like the Ace Attorney style, they're well worth the price. (^_^)

I think I'll wait for the next sale of the same amount or more. I already have a lot to play right now.

Simbabbad

There's a version of Boulder Dash on the eShop and it's quite good! Around 6 bucks I think?
The reviews of Boulder Dash XL were appalling, though, and the game didn't seem to recapture the spirit of the original. I read everywhere the best thing were the classic levels, but those were very few.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Minecraft: Wii U Edition – Super Mario Mash-Up Pack – Nintendo is partnering with Mojang and Microsoft to bring the imaginative worlds of the Super Mario series and Minecraft together as a free update for those who own the Minecraft: Wii U Edition game. For the first time ever, players will be able to fend off blocky Hammer Bros. and Dry Bones the same way they do Creepers and Zombies. Click here to see the trailer.
PixelJunk Monsters – The classic tower defense game comes to the Wii U system! Play as Tikiman and protect your offspring from hordes of monsters sweeping through your realm. Click here to view a trailer for the game.

Wii Retail on Wii U

PokéPark Wii: Pikachu’s Adventure – Play as Pikachu as you run, jump and smash your way through an action-packed adventure. You’ll travel across land, sea and sky to show off your speed and skill. Travel to all corners of the PokéPark to experience a variety of Zones and Attractions, as well as meet and befriend many Pokémon.
Virtual Console on New Nintendo 3DS

Contra III: The Alien Wars – In the year 2636, the alien war continues, and it’s up to two soldiers, Bill and Lance, to put a stop to the alien invasion. In this Super NES action classic, battle through six stages of nonstop run-and-gun action while collecting power-ups to take out the aliens.

New DLC:

Hyrule Warriors Legends Master Wind Waker Pack – Download this new DLC in the Hyrule Warriors Legends game for only 99 cents to receive 16 new Fairy Costume pieces, the “Master” Wind Waker map for Adventure Mode and one new adventure battle scenario. You can also purchase the Hyrule Warriors Legends Season Pass for $14.99 to receive all DLC packs as they become available.
Fire Emblem Fates – New DLC Maps: III: The Changing Tide – Shiro’s wounded band must seize an opportunity. Part 3 of Heirs of Fate is now available for $1.99.
Fire Emblem Fates – Map Pack 2 DLC – Across dimensions, other versions of the Hoshidan and Nohrian children are under attack. Born and raised in the Deeprealms, these fledgling warriors must now rise up to save themselves and their parents as they unravel the mystery of their adversaries. In this six-map series, units leveled up in the main game cannot lend support. Devise a strategy using a fresh team and reap the rewards, but only if all of your units survive. You can receive all six maps as they are released by purchasing Map Pack 2 for only $7.99.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Funfair Party Games (Nintendo 3DS), Joe’s Diner (Wii U) and more games from JoinDots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 26.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Shadow Puppeteer is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 8.
STEEL RIVALS is more than 25 percent off (reduced from $6.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 26.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Sweet Memories-Blackjack, Brunch Panic and more games from CIRCLE Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 9.
Nano Assault EX is 25 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 9.
Epic Word Search Collection is 25 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 2.
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $39.99 to $24.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 30.
Snow Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 26.
Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition is 50 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $14.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 6.
Tiny Games – Knights & Dragons is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 2.

Also new this week:

Digger Dan DX (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Sweetest Thing (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Chompy Chomp Chomp Party (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

Ondore

Dragon Fantasy: Black Time of Ice (book 2) next week in NA per GoNintendo.

Surprisingly no mention of crossbuy like the first one.

MacTag

Banned
I'll rebuy Contra III on n3DS. Had it on Wii and have Super C on 3DS, too. Where's Operation C!?!
I feel like DMG releases must not have done very well on 3DS VC since we're missing a ton Game Boy classics. From Konami alone there's Belmont's Revenge, Operation C, Motocross Maniacs, Kid Dracula, Pop'n Twinbee, both Gradius games and a bunch of non-licensed sports games.

I wonder if DMG games would've sold better if they could optionally be played in GBC mode with color palettes? Or maybe Konami could've released the GBC versions from their later European collections?

Orgen

Questions!

How are Ducktales Remastered and Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara? Worth it? I currently have a huge backlog but it seems they're the cheapest they've ever been on the eshop so I was just wondering if I should grab them now or wait for another sale in the future (they'll be for sure but I don't know if it'll be at that price).

I'm playing Never Alone and mmmm... I'm thankful that it only cost me 4€ because in no way is this game worth 15€ (very simplistic platformer and even clunky at times. The best are the extras).

And for last, anyone interested in a Shantae Wii U (European code) from the last bundle?

I feel like DMG releases must not have done very well on 3DS VC since we're missing a ton Game Boy classics. From Konami alone there's Belmont's Revenge, Operation C, Motocross Maniacs, Kid Dracula, Pop'n Twinbee, both Gradius games and a bunch of non-licensed sports games.

I wonder if DMG games would've sold better if they could optionally be played in GBC mode with color palettes? Or maybe Konami could've released the GBC versions from their later European collections?
I am soo glad I have all of those collections, some of them look pretty good in color.

And yeah I'm disappointed in general at the lack of original Game Boy games on the VC, it's woefully under represented. Heaps of missing classics on there :(
Why no WariobBlast :(

maxcriden

Questions!

How are Ducktales Remastered and Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara? Worth it? I currently have a huge backlog but it seems they're the cheapest they've ever been on the eshop so I was just wondering if I should grab them now or wait for another sale in the future (they'll be for sure but I don't know if it'll be at that price).

Ducktales was okay but not instantly compelling from what we played of it. I think it would be more fun with constant cutscenes turned off. It got solid enough reviews: http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/ducktales/results

maxcriden

First time through, those cutscenes are essential for a fan of DuckTales. Having the cast of the cartoon all back made it feel like a lost episode. Wonderful.

Ah, no doubt as a fan those cutscenes would be awesome. :) But I guess it was more than just scenes, I felt like there were also a lot of mini interruptions to gameplay. It's weird too b/c I don't usually mind tutorials/hand-holding.

Orgen

Ducktales was okay but not instantly compelling from what we played of it. I think it would be more fun with constant cutscenes turned off. It got solid enough reviews: http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/ducktales/results

Thanks max! And what about D&D? it also got good reviews :eek: Are both games better played in coop?

After seeing that is impossible for me to reach S+ Rank in Splatoon I'm going to start beating games from my backlog :D

tolkir

Week 20 finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Minecraft: Wii U Edition (Microsoft Game Studios)
    Super Mario Mash-Up Pack (Free) Trailer

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• Joe’s Diner and more games from JoinDots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 26.
  • STEEL RIVALS is more than 25 percent off (reduced from $6.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 26.
  • Shadow Puppeteer is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 8.

New Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Hyrule Warriors Legends (Nintendo)
    Master Wind Waker Pack ($0.99 or free with season pass)
  • Fire Emblem Fates (Nintendo)
    Heirs of Fate III: The Changing Tide ($1.99)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Funfair Party Games and more games from JoinDots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 26.
  • Snow Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 26.
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $39.99 to $24.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 30.
  • Epic Word Search Collection is 25 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 2.
  • Tiny Games – Knights & Dragons is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 2.
  • Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition is 50 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $14.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 6.
  • Sweet Memories-Blackjack, Brunch Panic and more games from CIRCLE Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 9.
  • Nano Assault EX is 25 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 9.

vYU92.png

• LEGO Marvel's Avengers (WB Games)
    Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Pack (€2.99 | £2.50)

Wii U | Sales

• Joe's Diner (Joindots, €6.35 / £4.79 until 2nd June, normally €7.99 / £5.99)
  • Suspension Railroad Simulator (Joindots, €7.19 / £5.39 until 2nd June, normally €7.99 / £5.99)
  • Defense Dome (HullBreach Studios, €2.00 / £1.53 until 2nd June, normally €2.99 / £2.29)
  • SDK Paint (HullBreach Studios, €3.29 / £2.99 until 2nd June, normally €4.49 / £3.99)

• Fire Emblem Fates (Nintendo)
    Map Pack 1 (€17.99 | £16.19) - Includes 11 paid maps in total.
    Before Awakening (Free)
  • Hyrule Warriors Legends (Nintendo)
    Master Wind Waker Pack (€1.99 | £1.79 or free with season pass)
  • LEGO Marvel's Avengers (WB Games)
    Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Pack (€1.99 | £1.69)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Snow Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB, €3.99 / £3.59 until 26th May, normally €7.99 / £7.19)
  • Funfair Party Games (Joindots, €4.99 / £3.69 until 2nd June, normally €6.99 / £4.99)
  • Jewel Match 3 (Joindots, €4.99 / £3.69 until 2nd June, normally €6.99 / £4.99)
  • Pazuru (Joindots, €4.49 / £2.99 until 2nd June, normally €5.99 / £3.99)
  • Undead Bowling (Joindots, €4.99 / £3.59 until 2nd June, normally €6.99 / £4.99)
  • Tiny Games - Knights & Dragons (Reactor, €1.99 / £1.69 until 2nd June, normally €2.99 / £2.49)
  • Nano Assault EX (Shin'en Multimedia, €7.49 / £6.35 until 9th June, normally €9.99 / £8.49)
  • Brunch Panic (CIRCLE Entertainment, €2.99 / £2.49 until 9th June, normally €3.99 / £3.39)
  • Parascientific Escape Cruise in the Distant Seas (CIRCLE Entertainment, €3.99 / £3.19 until 9th June, normally €4.99 / £3.99)
  • Petit Novel Series - Harvest December (CIRCLE Entertainment, €7.99 / £6.39 9th June, normally €11.99 / £9.19)
  • Sweet Memories Blackjack (CIRCLE Entertainment, €2.99 / £2.39 until 9th June, normally €3.99 / £3.19)
  • Toy Defence (CIRCLE Entertainment, €2.99 / £2.39 until 9th June, normally €3.99 / £3.19)
  • WAKEDAS (CIRCLE Entertainment, €1.99 / £1.69 until 9th June, normally €2.99 / £2.49)
  • Epic Word Search Collection (Lightwood Games, €5.99 / £4.49 until 2nd June, normally €7.99 / £5.99)
  • Garfield Kart (Anuman Interactive, €9.99 / £7.99 until 18th June, normally €29.99 / £24.99)
  • Lucky Luke & The Daltons (Anuman Interactive, €9.99 / £7.99 until 18th June, normally €29.99 / £24.99)
  • Paddington: Adventures in London (Anuman Interactive, €9.99 / £7.99 until 18th June, normally €29.99 / £24.99)
  • YAKARI: The Mystery of Four-Seasons (Anuman Interactive, €9.99 / £7.99 until 18th June, normally €29.99 / £24.99)

uxwGK.png

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

MacTag

Banned
I am soo glad I have all of those collections, some of them look pretty good in color.

And yeah I'm disappointed in general at the lack of original Game Boy games on the VC, it's woefully under represented. Heaps of missing classics on there :(
Why no WariobBlast :(
Wario Blast might be a rights issue since both Nintendo and Huds... er, Konami would need to sign off on it.

Hudson had some good GB games too. Adventure Island II, Milon's Secret Castle, Atomic Punk, Bomberman GB and Bonk's Adventure & Revenge.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Heads up, you need to download version 1.3.0 from the eShop for Hyrule Warriors Legends. That automatically added Medli to the game.

Top Bottom