• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2017

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

- Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia – On a continent that was torn asunder by warring gods, guide two armies through brutal tactical battles, as this reimagined RPG epic invades the West for the first time. Uncover the intertwining stories of Alm and Celica, engage foes, fend off dragons and explore 3D dungeons. Your prowess will grow as you master this melding of modern and legacy Fire Emblem gameplay. The Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia game is available May 19.

- Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia DLC

Season Pass ($44.99, twenty-two pieces of content): The Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Season Pass includes all five DLC packs as they release. By purchasing the Season Pass, fans who want to receive all DLC will save more than 30 percent compared to purchasing all 22 pieces of content individually.
DLC Pack #1 – Fledgling Warriors Pack ($7.99, three pieces of content): Ideal for early- to mid-game adventurers, this pack includes a new dungeon (The Astral Temple) and two new maps, great for gaining more items, in-game currency and experience points.
The remaining four DLC packs will be released in the coming weeks. See the full schedule here.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch

- Disgaea 5 Complete – Demo Version – Download the free Disgaea 5 Complete demo and try the strategy RPG game before it launches on May 23 on the Nintendo Switch console. Get a taste of Disgaea 5 with the first few stages of the game.

Virtual Console on Wii U

- Blazing Lazers – Players control the extraordinary firepower of their Gunhed Star Fighter in this classic TurboGrafx-16 shooter. Collect power-ups to increase your ship’s battle strength so it can cut through enemies and defeat the bosses in all nine action-filled areas. Of course, as part of the “Soldier” series, the game contains a good combination of fast-paced speed with catchy, drum-propelled background music.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:

- Fire Emblem Echoes: Alm’s Army
- Fire Emblem Echoes: Celica’s Army

Also new this week:

- Dark Witch Music Episode: Rudymical (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- ACA NEOGEO GALAXY FIGHT: UNIVERSAL WARRIORS (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Thumper (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Drancia Saga (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Mysterious Stars 3D: Road to Idol (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Mysterious Stars 3D: A Fairy Tale (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Dodgebox (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (Nintendo eShop on Wii U) – Available May 23
- PINBALL (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

GulAtiCa

The hell, why didn't they give a blurb to Thumper

EDIT: Also, it's ridiculous how the website says "Available Now" even though you literally can't purchase it

Same ol, same ol. NOA sucks at PR for non "tip top" indies. They will really almost dismiss new indie releases... :/

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Dunno, if this is appropriate for this thread, but is there a way to configure the home page other than just the single row?

The switch needs a way to organise the home page real bad.

Robin64

Oh wow, Gunman Clive is in Drancia Saga, along with a bunch of other guests.

DAHin3IU0AICQsk.jpg
DAHin3GV0AA-MwZ.jpg
DAHin9bVYAcc80l.jpg
DAHin9dUwAMOXlK.jpg

foltzie1

Dunno, if this is appropriate for this thread, but is there a way to configure the home page other than just the single row?

The switch needs a way to organise the home page real bad.

Currently, no.

At some point you hit a limit and the last item will be a "see more" icon that presents you a full scrollable page of titles, but even then it will be organized based on last use.

Yeah going to get forma.8 and B3: Game for Bees because that title is stupid.

Another Turbografx game this week. Looking at Wikipedia there's also been a lot of PC-Engine releases this year too.

Hopefully we'll get more including Neutopia 2 and Bonk 2 and 3. A shame they're no longer releasing SNES and Super Bonk we remain only on the Wii Virtual Console.

Could see them stretching out releases to last until the end of the year.

I still hope they'll release the final four N64 games missing from the Wii Virtual Console: Cruisin', Pokémon Puzzle League, Super Smash Brothers and Bomberman Hero. Though really I only want the middle two Nintendo ones, especially Pokémon Puzzle League. My most wanted VC release at this point.

There would be something amusing about the final N64 VC game being Bomberman for bothering Wii and Wii U.

Madao

My Nintendo has a 40% discount on Picross e3 and e4 now. Go for it! (Europe)

why is america not getting any of these. i saw them on the JP side but i don't want to buy the jp versions because my main account is in the america region.

NoA can't stop being shitty even when the system is in its last years.

BooJoh

Damn, Pocket Fighters really missed its opportunity :/

I hope it still both turns out to be interesting and.... gets released.

They've been silent on twitter for nearly a month, but from their last posts it sounds like they're just trying to make sure the netcode works flawlessly.

Probably smarter to delay the game until they get it working well than to release it as-is and have a bunch of reviews complaining about lag even after they patch it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Japanese Indies focused video came out & revealed that Owlboy is coming to the Switch. No word on a release window, but this is the first console to be confirmed after its release on PC.

Owlboy looks awesome, happy about that.

I want Drancia Saga but I'm kinda done spending money on 3DS eShop stuff (or so I thought lol). Hmmm.

Shiggy

Nintendo Switch eShop

Thumper (Drool LLC, €19.99 / £15.99) - Previously released on PSN and held up as a strong demonstration of VR gaming, this one now arrives on Switch for hybrid gaming on the TV or on the go. Psychedelic visuals, a pumping soundtrack and a sharp level of difficulty make this an enticing offering; we loved this in our Thumper review.
Galaxy Fight: Universal Warriors (HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29) - Released in 1995 by Sunsoft, the game sees you take on the mantel of one of eight warriors thrown into a world which we are told "was destroyed by the destructors of the universe". So yeah, it's basically a fighting game set in outer space! Not necessarily considered one of the better games of its era, this ACA game will nonetheless have the usual add-ons and customisation options.

Nintendo Switch Retail Demo

Disgaea 5 Complete (NIS America, free) - This long awaited release of the enormous and quirky strategy RPG includes all of the DLC from the original release. It's willingly written and designed for older players, is utterly bonkers yet at the same time offers impressive depth in gameplay. We're working on a review and will share that before the game is released, and until then there's this free demo to try out. Full game arrives on 26th May.

3DS Retail Download

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (Nintendo, €44.99 / £39.99) - The third and final major release for this IP on the 3DS (assuming you count the separate Fates parts as one game), this offers something a little different from the others. A remaster / reimagining of Fire Emblem Gaiden, it incorporates third-person dungeon crawling and some first-person sections, in addition to the usual top-down strategic RPG action. We go into the detail and nitty gritty of this game in our Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia review. Available from 19th May, free Celica's Army - Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia HOME Theme on eShop purchase up to 16th June.

3DS Retail DLC

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Season Pass (Nintendo, €44.99 / £39.99, twenty-two pieces of content) - The Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Season Pass includes all five DLC packs as they release. By purchasing the Season Pass, fans who want to receive all DLC will save more than 30 percent compared to purchasing all 22 pieces of content individually.
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia AOC: Fledgling Warriors Pack (Nintendo, €7.99 / £7.19)
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia AOC: Undaunted Heroes Pack (Nintendo, €9.99 / £8.99)
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia AOC: Lost Altars Pack (Nintendo, €14.99 / £13.49)
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia AOC: Rise of the Deliverance Pack (Nintendo, €12.99 / £11.69)
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia AOC: Cipher Companions Pack (Nintendo, €4.99 / £4.49)
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia AOC: The Astral Temple (Nintendo, €3.99 / £3.59)
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia AOC: Wretches and Riches (Nintendo, €2.99 / £2.69)
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia AOC: Band of Bandages (Nintendo, €2.99 / £2.69)
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia AOC: Mila's Bounty (Nintendo, free)
See the full line-up of DLC for this game right here.

3DS eShop Temporary Discounts

Terraria (505 Games, €9.99 / £8.49 until 1st June, normally €19.99 / £16.99)
Brunch Panic (CIRCLE Entertainment, €1.99 / £1.99 until 8th June, normally €3.99 / £3.99)
Castle Conqueror EX (CIRCLE Entertainment, €1.99 / £1.99 until 8th June, normally €3.99 / £3.99)
Demon King Box (CIRCLE Entertainment, €1.99 / £1.99 until 8th June, normally €3.99 / £3.99)
Sweet Memories Blackjack (CIRCLE Entertainment, €1.99 / £1.99 until 8th June, normally €3.99 / £3.99)
Swords & Soldiers 3D (CIRCLE Entertainment, €3.49 / £3.44 until 8th June, normally €6.99 / £6.89)
World Conqueror 3D (CIRCLE Entertainment, €2.49 / £2.44 until 8th June, normally €4.99 / £4.89)
Me & My Pets 3D (Treva Entertainment, €9.99 / £8.29 until 8th June, normally €29.99 / £24.99)
My Foal 3D (Treva Entertainment, €9.99 / £8.29 until 8th June, normally €29.99 / £24.99)

New Nintendo 3DS eShop Temporary Discounts

Breakout Defense (nuGAME, €4.90 / £4.20 until 15th June, normally €7.00 / £6.00)

3DS HOME Themes

Fire Emblem Echoes: Alm’s Army (Nintendo, €1.99 / £1.79)
Fire Emblem Echoes: Celica's Army (Nintendo, €1.99 / £1.79)

Wii U eShop

PINBALL (RCMADIAX, €1.49 / £1.39) - This seems like a rather basic iteration on the classic game concept, albeit with a twist as you try to hit hotspots to collect points while avoiding a 'danger zone'.

Wii U Virtual Console

Super Star Soldier (Konami, €5.99 / £5.39) - A vertical scrolling shooter from the TurboGrafx-16 era; this one is rather good but can be cruel, offering no mid-stage checkpoints should you die. We nevertheless quite enjoyed this way back in 2007 in our Wii Virtual Console review.

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts

Terraria (505 Games, €9.99 / £8.49 until 1st June, normally €19.99 / £17.99)
forma.8 (MixedBag, €7.49 / £6.74 until 25th May, normally €14.99 / £13.49)
Soul Axiom (Wales Interactive, €7.49 / £5.99 until 15th June, normally €14.99 / £11.99)
Gravity Badgers (Wales Interactive, €1.99 / £1.99 until 15th June, normally €4.99 / £4.99)
Hot Rod Racer (ZeNfA Productions, €0.59 / £0.53 until 15th June, normally €0.99 / £0.89)
ZacisA: Defense of the Crayon Dimensions! (ZeNfA Productions, €0.89 / £0.71 until 15th June, normally €1.49 / £1.19)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/05/nintendo_download_18th_may_europe

zroid

Banned
Finished Mudds Super Challenge, with all secret characters unlocked

578 deaths after all was said and done. Can't wait till Mutant Mudds 2!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Mighty Gunvolt Burst trailer, hitting June 15th on Switch, 29th for 3DS, $10

Edit: & the Gunvolt Striker Pack (contains both games) will hit Switch August 31st. 60FPS, "optimized UI", higher resolution event graphics, all the DLC from the 3DS versions, & a new song from Lumen.

They've been silent on twitter for nearly a month, but from their last posts it sounds like they're just trying to make sure the netcode works flawlessly.

Probably smarter to delay the game until they get it working well than to release it as-is and have a bunch of reviews complaining about lag even after they patch it.

I certainly agree with you and certainly admire getting something to work as well as it can out the door.

I wonder if there's a way to unlock the guest characters in Drancia without owning all of the games (I have a few of them already).

BooJoh

Circle Ent. is asking on Twitter what people want to see next on Switch from Skipmore. I chose Picontier because it looks pretty interesting, but all of the poll choices are equally appealing TBH.

I also voted for Picontier. I've been eyeing that game since I first heard about it but AFAIK it's not actually out on any platform yet.

Looks like Kamiko 2 and Fairune are leading the poll by a pretty large margin though.

So we're more than 2 months into the Switch's life and there still hasn't been a sale on any game in the eshop. Is this normal for new consoles? There are a couple of games that i'm on the fence about downloading and a sale would put me over....

TheMoon

So we're more than 2 months into the Switch's life and there still hasn't been a sale on any game in the eshop. Is this normal for new consoles? There are a couple of games that i'm on the fence about downloading and a sale would put me over....

sales aren't happening at the moment, expect them starting late summer/fall. we've discussed this in the last thread. they said as much at some point somewhere but we had trouble tracking down the source of it.

it's quite obvious why, though. everything is new. you want to keep the value proposition up and not devolve into "I'll wait for a sale" stuff right away because that would be stupid.

GulAtiCa

Yeah, I would say too soon. I'd imagine most eShop games are still doing well enough that a sale this soon really not needed yet. I imagine might start happening by summer or fall more likely.

Hmm, after the Wii U launched, how soon did eShop DLs sales start to happen? Maybe that could give a clue. Though big difference there was that Wii U had a big gap in eShop DL games in it's 1st year.

TheMoon

Yeah, I would say too soon. I'd imagine most eShop games are still doing well enough that a sale this soon really not needed yet. I imagine might start happening by summer or fall more likely.

Hmm, after the Wii U launched, how soon did eShop DLs sales start to happen? Maybe that could give a clue. Though big difference there was that Wii U had a big gap in eShop DL games in it's 1st year.

https://www.technobuffalo.com/2012/12/27/nintendo-discounts-a-few-wii-u-games-on-eshop/

within the first month.

I think it's in the realm of possibility that we could get some sales during e3 if the virtual console launches. As sort of a grand opening event like they did with the Wii U, but that was spread across several weeks one at a time.

I'm glad Skipmore is getting some recognition, I've been a fan of his for a few years on iOS.

Circle Ent. is asking on Twitter what people want to see next on Switch from Skipmore. I chose Picontier because it looks pretty interesting, but all of the poll choices are equally appealing TBH.
I voted Drancia, even though I just bought it on 3DS (and bought the "Buy us a Beer" IAP from the iOS version way back when).

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Nintendo sorely needs to add a notification history.

Random beeps, catching a notice out of the corner of my eye but not fast enough to see what game was just updated.

On another note, still confused why the Switxh launch thread was shut down in a few weeks while something like the Ps4 Pro launch thread still exists months after that came out.

tolkir

E3 sale maybe?

I would like the return of Nindies@home promotion with E3 demos and a little sale if you downloaded the demo.

Stardew Valley, Owlboy, SteamWorld Dig 2, Overcooked, Runner 3, Wargroove, Hollow Knight and some surprise *cough*Undertale*cough*, could be a good line-up.

TheMoon

On another note, still confused why the Switxh launch thread was shut down in a few weeks while something like the Ps4 Pro launch thread still exists months after that came out.

shhhh, no double standards. only objective and informed discussion now!

zroid

Banned
I would like the return of Nindies@home promotion with E3 demos and a little sale if you downloaded the demo.

Stardew Valley, Owlboy, SteamWorld Dig 2, Overcooked, Runner 3, Wargroove, Hollow Knight and some surprise *cough*Undertale*cough*, could be a good line-up.
that would be excellent.

Camjo-Z

Uh so I bought Drancia Saga and it's a really fun, short yet replayable arcade-y game... just like Fairune... and Kamiko...

HOW DOES HE KEEP DOING IT AGAIN AND AGAIN?

Got about $30 on the eshop...Think I'm gonna get Wonder Boy...what's a good title $10 or under?

If you like action games, Kamiko and Blaster Master Zero are both good choices. The latter also has various crossover DLC characters coming to replay the game as, Gunvolt was free until a few days ago and the next one (Ekoro from Gal Gun) will also be free when she comes out.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got about $30 on the eshop...Think I'm gonna get Wonder Boy...what's a good title $10 or under?
Blaster Master Zero might be worth it, try the demo out.

I've heard decent stuff about Kamiko, a $5 that lasts a few hours, a good "short" game to take a break from when you've just finished a longer title.

Uh so I bought Drancia Saga and it's a really fun, short yet replayable arcade-y game... just like Fairune... and Kamiko...

HOW DOES HE KEEP DOING IT AGAIN AND AGAIN?

If you like action games, Kamiko and Blaster Master Zero are both good choices. The latter also has various crossover DLC characters coming to replay the game as, Gunvolt was free until a few days ago and the next one (Ekoro from Gal Gun) will also be free when she comes out.

A gal gun character?? bought. lol thanks.

Edit: Game seems pretty fun so far. Damn Giant bomb's bad talking this game made me hesitate at first, but this feels like a modern NES game, and in a good way. Maybe not Shovel Knight levels of awesome, but still cool.

PtM

Banned
Top Bottom