• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - September 2014

daydream

Banned
Haha, that is very sweet thinking you guys will get MM7. Sorry, DD. Tell you what, we'll trade you for Pop'n TwinBee: Rainbow Bell Adventures!

Listen, Max, what do you say you guys give us MM7 and I'll make a little call, you know, talk to my buddy Reggie about Zero Mission? How does that sound? Pretty good, I bet.

maxcriden

Listen, Max, what do you say you guys give us MM7 and I'll make a little call, you know, talk to my buddy Reggie about Zero Mission? How does that sound? Pretty good, I bet.

Pfft, you guys don't even have it yet. Also! I've got the cart tucked away. I don't really need a GBA game for VC that I can just play as Nintendo intended. It's Pop'n TwinBee: Rainbow Bell Adventures or nothing at all, my friend!

daydream

Banned
Pfft, you guys don't even have it yet. Also! I've got the cart tucked away. I don't really need a GBA game for VC that I can just play as Nintendo intended. It's Pop'n TwinBee: Rainbow Bell Adventures or nothing at all, my friend!

sörine;131150897 said:
Fuck Twinbee, give us Trip World and Pokémon TCG!

Hm, sorry, no deal. Can't give you guys the games we already got because [reasons].

Refyref

The only thing that's really bad about the game is the translation, but in the end it didn't bother me much. The "engrish" is actually so bad, it falls into "so bad it's good" territory.

IO53ECZ.jpg

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqGS5m14VQ

Although that's on of the lines that make more sense.

EDIT: An upcoming patch is supposed to make the whole thing more readable, though.

Hello Fellow Gaffers some more questions :)

This is for a WiiU

Q1. For the external Hardrive which one would you recommend on buying? (one without having to plug in a power cord would be preferable)

Q2. Do you think Nintendo will release a larger harddrive SKU soon in the future?

Q3. How is the Nintendo Networks' Store sysytem compared to something like PSN
Does it connect your profile between other Nintendo Devices such as the 3DS ot is it
exclusive to each system? (as in you have one account for the WiiU and one for the 3DS)

zroid

Banned
Q1. For the external Hardrive which one would you recommend on buying? (one without having to plug in a power cord would be preferable)
They have a few recommended drives you can find on their site but honestly it probably doesn't matter much. I am actually using the one that used to be in my PS3 (80GB) -- obviously a very old drive -- and it works fine. If you are using a portable drive which gets its power through USB, then you're probably going to need a Y-cable (many come with one packed in).

Q2. Do you think Nintendo will release a larger harddrive SKU soon in the future?
Probably not because they expect you to use an external hard drive.

Does it connect your profile between other Nintendo Devices such as the 3DS ot is it
exclusive to each system? (as in you have one account for the WiiU and one for the 3DS)
You make a NNID account which can be linked to both ONE Wii U and ONE 3DS. They share eShop wallets, and in theory there might be some cross-promotions where if you own a certain game on 3DS, you can get a discount on Wii U, but NoA hasn't done this yet (NoE has done some).

GulAtiCa

For those of you who downloaded the Wooden Sen'SeY demo, how many of you ended up purchasing it afterwards? How would you say the demo helped or didn't help you purchase the game?

They have a few recommended drives you can find on their site but honestly it probably doesn't matter much. I am actually using the one that used to be in my PS3 (80GB) -- obviously a very old drive -- and it works fine. If you are using a portable drive which gets its power through USB, then you're probably going to need a Y-cable (many come with one packed in).

Probably not because they expect you to use an external hard drive.

You make a NNID account which can be linked to both ONE Wii U and ONE 3DS. They share eShop wallets, and in theory there might be some cross-promotions where if you own a certain game on 3DS, you can get a discount on Wii U, but NoA hasn't done this yet (NoE has done some).
thanks for the info zroid

:)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
what is the average digital memory for one WiiU game anyway?

Also if my WiiU broke are the games linked to your account?

Depends on the game. Tekken is 17 gigs. Kart is like 4 and change.

VC games are tiny. New eShop titles tend to still be sub a gig.

Beyoneta 1 and 2 are more than the free space the deluxe ships with.

If you buy retail games at retail and just download stuff like NES Remix, Nano Assault, and Shovel Knight you really don't need extra storage.

Sify64

For those of you who downloaded the Wooden Sen'SeY demo, how many of you ended up purchasing it afterwards? How would you say the demo helped or didn't help you purchase the game?

I downloaded the Wooden Sen'Sey demo and it convinced me not to purchase the game. The gameplay was kinda average and took away most of the interest I had before. Moreover, it didn't feel like the game warranted its price tag.

Depends on the game. Tekken is 17 gigs. Kart is like 4 and change.

VC games are tiny. New eShop titles tend to still be sub a gig.

Beyoneta 1 and 2 are more than the free space the deluxe ships with.

If you buy retail games at retail and just download stuff like NES Remix, Nano Assault, and Shovel Knight you really don't need extra storage.

I see

Guess I'll get a good external drive then....

Are my games linked to my account or to my console?

TheMoon

Hello Fellow Gaffers some more questions :)

This is for a WiiU

Q1 - no comment since I don't use one

Q2 - No. That's a pretty safe bet.

Q3 - One global account, though no global purchases YET. They're working on that though. Matter of time. But they're slow. So it's still buy once for each platform. But the wallet is shared across both. Europe already has started doing cross-platform promotions for savings if you own something on one and buy it on the other.

Also if my WiiU broke are the games linked to your account?

All purchases are linked to your account. As of now, Nintendo has to handle the transfer of that account from one system to another in the event that your system breaks. If the system is still working you can do it yourself via a system transfer.

OmegaFax

Are you thinking of adding a demo to your eShop game? It depends on cost/stipulation; Whether Nintendo freely promotes it to indie developers or it's taxed to the check Nintendo cuts to you. Haven't turned on my Wii U in a while so I can't say anything specific about Wooden Sen'SeY (never heard of it until now either). Given games like The Letter have gotten lip service without a demo and bought by people despite being panned, think it sets a bad precedence on the eShop. I get the impression that price scales with quality (and it's not the case) to the eyes of some people and they might not readily use anything outside of Miiverse to gather opinions.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
No WILD GUNS for us? :/

Also Spin The Bottle devs should move the fuck up and localize the game in Italian, I've bought It but I can't pull it out at parties and they're losing sales for sure.

Shovel Knight, were art thou? -_-
Were are my SEGA 3D Classics?

rjc571

Banned

I bought it after playing the demo. I was aware of the game before playing the demo and thought it looked interesting, but was put off by the middling reviews. But I enjoyed playing the demo, so I went and bought the game.

Demos are really important to me because without them it's impossible to tell how well a game controls or what framerate it runs at. Without the demo I never would have known that Wooden Sen'sey runs at 60 fps (albeit with some very noticeable frame drops), or that it supports the Wiimote + Nunchuk, which is my preferred control scheme on the Wii U and which most indie games fail to utilize. After being burned by Azure Striker Gunvolt's garbage 30 fps framerate, I think I'm going to be a lot more careful about buying games without demos in the future.

also

Banned
until you transfer it

Which Nintendo of Europe doesn't want you to do. So if you are from Europe be prepared for a lot of back and forth if your console breaks/gets stolen/disappears into a blackhole and you want to get back your purchases and eShop funds.

TheMoon

Which Nintendo of Europe doesn't want you to do. So if you are from Europe be prepared for a lot of back and forth if your console breaks/gets stolen/disappears into a blackhole and you want to get back your purchases and eShop funds.

Talking about full-on system transfers. They're a thing now, in case you missed that.

Getting Armillo finally (seems like a very good sale on that) and Swords and Soldiers. Will at least eventually also get Art of Balance as I've never played it, but dunno if I'll buy it right away.

Remember also that while the demo very likely put off some people (and very possibly some of those people might have got the game from a sale eventually), a lot of those people still wouldn't have bought the game anyway if the demo hadn't been there.

Myself I downloaded the demo but haven't tried it out yet. I wasn't gonna buy the game anyway though so the only influence it can have is a positive one (towards buying).

it's still happening according to the Kickstarter. It was delayed a bit because of the artist taking an unexpected hiatus and they started to develop psycrolr in the meanwhile
It's still coming, just on hiatus of development as my artist is taking a break.
Oh ok thanks for answering.

also

Banned
Talking about full-on system transfers. They're a thing now, in case you missed that.
I know that, that's why I added the stolen/broken/.. part.
I imagine most people wanting to transfer their NNID wouldn't have 2 functioning consoles at hand so that system transfer is almost useless.

TheMoon

I know that, that's why I added the stolen/broken/.. part.
I imagine most people wanting to transfer their NNID wouldn't have 2 functioning consoles at hand so that system transfer is almost useless.

Could be those upgrading from a Basic to a Deluxe model. Or crazy nerds who decided they needed to have the WWHD system and replace their vanilla one ;D

GRW810

Thinking of releasing a demo for your game?

It's risky. On one hand it can entice potential buyers who wouldn't have considered the game otherwise or confirm someone's purchase. On the other it can nip someone's curiosity in the bud or downright put them off.

I don't dislike Sen'Say but the demo changed my mind from likely buy to unlikely.

Galdelico

I can definitely attest that Demon King Box isn't bad. It's a weird SRPG/Tower Defense hybrid but the interface and the gameplay are quite intuitive, so it's easy to pick up. It also has post-game stages and achievements, so you get plenty of content for its price. In that aspect, I say it's worth it. And as you said, the art style is pretty catchy.

The only thing that's really bad about the game is the translation, but in the end it didn't bother me much. The "engrish" is actually so bad, it falls into "so bad it's good" territory.

IO53ECZ.jpg

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqGS5m14VQ

Although that's on of the lines that make more sense.

EDIT: An upcoming patch is supposed to make the whole thing more readable, though.

Thank you guys!

GulAtiCa

Yeah, I'm likely to do a demo for my game (ZaciSa's Last Stand). Obviously there are some main differences between my game and Wooden Sen'SeY, like price (mine is $1.99), gameplay, look, etc. I'm not to concerned about lost sales via bad demo impressions, as outside of sales, my game barely sells at all, so really a demo is more likely to help then hurt. I dumbly made a game that while I and some on miiverse think is fun, it's really hard to market and make people understand what the game is (mainly cause of art style and it being tower defense game). Cause of that, the game doesn't have much exposure. If I didn't post on NeoGAF, a lot of you would likely not even know about it I think. haha

Btw: Working on a excel spreadsheet for translations for the game. I plan to get the game released in Europe first instead of waiting for new patch to be ready (though might actually include an extra map or 2 that NA won't have yet and stuff like framerate issues will be fixed)

GulAtiCa

Oh I'm likely to do a demo either way, even with people responding with bad impressions with their demo. I just wanted to get others opinion on the matter. By likely I mean I'm going to get a demo of my game started soonish. Will contain 4 maps only (the 4 more fun maps) and 1st 10 levels.

If people end up not likely the demo normally, well won't really effect sales that much, since these are the people who were uninterested at $1.99 or $1.49 (sale) prices. Not to long before $0.99 sale (might end up doing demo and sale like that at same time)

kunonabi

I would say the demo turned me off purchasing it. I didn't really dig the mechanics or the visuals and sound design. Maybe a tougher stage that served as a trial by fire would have helped but I doubt it.

The IQ guys really should stop making games for the system...but apparently (according to the spiky walls dev) a lot more mediocre devs are on the way since the letter sold well (thanks to its low price)
I really liked the demo, but I've been told by several people that the game is quite poor. I might get it on a sale now thanks to the demo. The game is pretty good if you use the motion controls.

Top Bottom