• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - September 2015

JoeM86

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon is available to preload in Japan

My 6 year old kid is SHOCKED by how hard Super Mario Bros 3 is
A friend of mine is doing a Mario Marathon on Twitch this week and next for charity, and she has been struggling on the older games. It's crazy

TheMoon

http://gonintendo.com/stories/241812-proun-receives-permanent-price-cut-on-nintendo-3ds

Doetinchem, The Netherlands - Indie developer Joost van Dongen and Engine Software announced that a free demo of Proun+ has gone live on the Nintendo eShop today, so it takes away the single argument anyone could still have to not give playing Proun+ a shot. Furthermore, the game receives a permanent price cut, starting today.

The demo consists of four tracks, all playable in immersive 3D. Levels will use the default relaxed mode which will give players a taste of the game's visuals and gameplay. Proun+ will drop in price from respectively $6.99 / € 5.99 / £5.39 to the new price-point of $4.99 / €3.99 / £3.50.​

great stuff!

Proun+ is a really cool game.

TheMoon

new Elliot Quest patch incoming:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkaKxHC7A
Thomas said:
PlayEveryWare

Elliot Quest Community

Patch Updates.

When Version 1.2.4 came out, it was a hotfix meant to address the super-critical issue where players would get stuck in the Desert area. We wanted to get this issue fixed ASAP (at least as fast as Nintendo allows us), while we worked on finding and fixing everything else that we can.

Early last week we submitted Version 1.2.6 to Nintendo. This version should fix the remaining weird bugs coming up in the game, such as the way enemies will continuously fire projectiles and fire will not fade away. It also includes an update so that the game will unlock some Miiverse stamps based on your save data (like if you already beat any of the ancient bosses). Right now we're waiting for Nintendo to finish processing it, but we're hopeful it should be released next week.

Thomas said:
I also want to thank all of Miiverse community for being patient and understanding, while sharing with us the issues that are surely frustrating you.

What happened was that we made a whole bunch of performance optimizations alongside our Miiverse Journal feature update. Unfortunately one of the optimizations had some unintended, but serious consequences. We also wanted to address the feedback we were getting about players wanting to have Stamps unlocked based on their save data. Along with fixing bugs that were my fault, I really want to be sure we are adding in features that you the community find important!

We really hope this will be the final update for Elliot Quest on Wii U, but of course we will continue to support the game by watching Miiverse and elsewhere to see if players find any further issues or have any additional feature requests for the game!

GulAtiCa

I love it when indies support their games after launch. You see too many indies, esp big ones, just release their game and move on without any kind of support. Good on PlayEveryWare.

RedToad64

I'm looking forward to Mario Golf. Sure, it is not as good as the GameCube game (and maybe not even as good as the GBC one either) but it is still a blast to play. Calculating those shots makes me feel so smart. :p

Tizoc

I love it when indies support their games after launch. You see too many indies, esp big ones, just release their game and move on without any kind of support. Good on PlayEveryWare.

To be fair some indie games have had all the work done for them already by launch or a little while after launch.

GulAtiCa

To be fair some indie games have had all the work done for them already by launch or a little while after launch.

Oh yeah of course. But some indies (or anyone really) ship a product that isn't quite complete or has issues and never really do anything about it. And, while games that are complete don't need extra post-launch content, it's always nice when some indies do decide to go above and beyond and provide extra content.

At least, that is what I think, and has been my indie philosophy.

sörine

Banned
Elliot Quest is great but the bugs get really crazy later in. I'm afraid to go back to the graveyard since the game breaking glitch there still hasn't been patched.

Also, after not touching it since launch I somehow lost 3 hours in Zacisa last night. Tesla Coil is a game changer, omg.

TheMoon

sörine;177364640 said:
Elliot Quest is great but the bugs get really crazy later in. I'm afraid to go back to the graveyard since the game breaking glitch there still hasn't been patched.

Also, after not touching it since launch I somehow lost 3 hours in Zacisa last night. Tesla Coil is a game changer, omg.

well stuff like that is what this one is for.

sörine

Banned
They keep talking about the desert though (no word about the graveyard which is actually game breaking) and I barely glitched there. Most bugs were happening for me in the area behind the island. those totems were constantly doing the "endless fire" thing and twice Elliot got stuck in "permanent recoil" until killed.

TheMoon

sörine;177373268 said:
They keep talking about the desert though (no word about the graveyard which is actually game breaking) and I barely glitched there. Most bugs were happening for me in the area behind the island. those totems were constantly doing the "endless fire" thing and twice Elliot got stuck in "permanent recoil" until killed.

maybe worth posting this in the comments on the miiverse post so the dev can address it directly.

Marow

I really hope we'll see Drill Dozer this month or so. I mean, it was rated in Australia ages ago :'<

Ondore

Nintendo game list updated: Mario Golf 64 is go for tomorrow along with Gunman Clive HD.

/crosses fingers that the Canadian price for GCHD isn't dramatically higher than USD

beril

Nintendo game list updated: Mario Golf 64 is go for tomorrow along with Gunman Clive HD.

/crosses fingers that the Canadian price for GCHD isn't dramatically higher than USD

It's 3.99CAD, so quite a bit cheaper with current exchange rates actually. Didn't know there was that big difference between the two these days

GulAtiCa

It's 3.99CAD, so quite a bit cheaper with current exchange rates actually. Didn't know there was that big difference between the two these days

Yeah, exchange rates have messed me up a little. Cause of the Exchange rates for CA & MX, my estimate for Q1 was off by a good bit.

Actually, currently my game (equivalent of $3.99 US) is priced for essentially $0.95 in Mexico currently cause somehow I was a dodo and entered in a very low Peso price. Even looking at the exchange rate when I did that, no idea how I goofed. So quite possibly, my game is the cheapest on the eShop right now.. :lol

At least when it comes to Europe, exchange rates plays into my favor somewhat.

GulAtiCa

sörine;177364640 said:

Glad you like the Tesla Coil. That is among my favorite bots. Working on more fun weapon bots like that for the next patch / next game. :)

Elija2

I just checked the 3DS eShop and noticed that Etrian Mystery Dungeon is on sale... for 5% off.

dat Canadian dollar :'(

Robin64

I thought everyone recently got an email with a code for the Photo app anyway. I guess it wasn't everyone after all.

HNI_0076_1.jpg

maxcriden

New eShop charts:

Wii U

Software

1. Splatoon
2. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Runbow - whoa. Good for Runbow!
4. Super Mario Maker
5. Cube Life: Island Survival
6. Super Mario 64
7. Super Mario World
8. Woah Dave! - woah. Good for Dave!
9. Super Mario Bros. 3
10. Ducktales Remastered
11. Super Mario Bros.
12. Paper Mario
13. Sin & Punishment
14. Shovel Knight
15. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
16. Donkey Kong 64
17. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
18. Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
19. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
20. EarthBound

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Gunman Clive HD Collection &#8211; The Nintendo 3DS indie hits Gunman Clive and Gunman Clive 2 are now on the Wii U console in one complete package. Experience both games in high definition as you take on the role of Gunman Clive and fight bandits, robots and dinosaurs in this Western-themed action platformer. Click here to view a trailer for the game.

Virtual Console on Wii U

VS. Excitebike &#8211; Fans love Excitebike for its frenetic races, high stakes and sweet jumps. And now, for the first time since its release in Japan, the Famicom Disk System version of the VS. Excitebike game is available in North America &#8211; complete with two-player split screen! Create tracks using 20 classic Excitebike track parts, and go for the best time or take on friends.
Mario Golf &#8211; In this Nintendo 64 classic, Mario takes a well-deserved break from his role as the Mushroom Kingdom&#8217;s busiest hero and returns to the links for some world-class golfing action. With easy-to-learn game play that is fun for all ages, head out to the fairways on your own or bring up to three other players along.

Nintendo eShop Sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Jett Tailfin is 23 percent off (reduced from $12.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 8.
Land it Rocket is 33 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 17.
Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) is 33 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 17.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Etrian Mystery Dungeon is 25 percent off (reduced from $39.99 to $29.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 7.
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth is 40 percent off (reduced from $49.99 to $29.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 7.
WAKEDAS, Witch & Hero and World Conqueror 3D from Circle Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 24.
AeternoBlade is 46 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $7.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 24.
Art of Balance TOUCH! is 25 percent off (reduced from $6.99 to $5.20) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 24.

Activities:

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. &#8220;Steel Driver&#8221; Tournament &#8211; See how your squad stacks up online in Nintendo&#8217;s Public Tournaments. Top players earn unique titles that are visible online and earn major bragging rights with your friends and around the world. The new &#8220;Steel Driver&#8221; tournament runs Sept. 3 through Sept. 7. Opt in via the SpotPass feature on the Nintendo 3DS system for notifications about future tournaments. Good luck, agents!

Price reduction:

Proun+ (Nintendo 3DS) is reduced to $4.99 (from $6.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 3.
Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains (Nintendo 3DS) is reduced to $29.99 (from $39.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 7.
Gravblocks+ (Wii U) is reduced to $3.49 (from 4.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 3.

Also new this week:

Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Proun+ &#8211; Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

maxcriden

Oh, bummer. I was hoping for the Rayman sale EU is getting. Ah, well. In no rush to re-play Legends, but was kinda hoping for cheap portable Origins.

Mario takes a well-deserved break from his role as the Mushroom Kingdom’s busiest hero
...as an unlockable character.

Always found that really strange.

The game starts off with a rather odd mix of characters, a few are entirely made up, and requires you to unlock the iconic characters of the series.

Also long before Mario Kart 8, this game got the Three Marios train rolling as Baby, Regular and Metal Mario are all characters.

donny2112

Will get Gunman Clive HD (never got the 3DS versions). Too bad Never Alone wasn't too good according to the reviews. It was an interesting concept. On Mario Golf 64, need to know if it can store replays. MK64 replays were nerfed on VC, so seems possible replays are nerfed here, too.

GulAtiCa

Picking up Gunman Clive HD for sure. Never got around to finishing the 2nd game on 3DS. Will finish it on Wii U!

Madao

...as an unlockable character.

Always found that really strange.

The game starts off with a rather odd mix of characters, a few are entirely made up, and requires you to unlock the iconic characters of the series.

Also long before Mario Kart 8, this game got the Three Marios train rolling as Baby, Regular and Metal Mario are all characters.

i'm guessing part of that is because several characters were in a dead state or didn't exist yet (Daisy was in forgotten hell and Waluigi wasn't created yet).
further Mario sports cut the mario clones to make room for the other characters.

it's sad that now we're regressing to that state with many of those characters being forgotten again and Mario taking up multiple slots himself.

i'm guessing part of that is because several characters were in a dead state or didn't exist yet (Daisy was in forgotten hell and Waluigi wasn't created yet).
further Mario sports cut the mario clones to make room for the other characters.

it's sad that now we're regressing to that state with many of those characters being forgotten again and Mario taking up multiple slots himself.

Yea, but, this would be like if Mario Kart 8 started with
- Baby Mario
- Yoshi
- Iggy
- Wendy
- Koopa
- Made up character
- Made up character

And required you to unlock people like Bowser, Mario and Peach in addition to randoms you probably don't care about.

It seems like an odd design choice to have staple Mario characters be unlockable, while the starting roster is a bunch of nobodies and Peach.

It actually put me off to the game as a kid.

Robin64

The best character in Mario Golf was your RPG guy imported over from the Gameboy Color version. Shame nothing could be done about that here with 3DS to Wii U linkage.

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• Jett Tailfin (reduced from $12.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 8.
  • Land it Rocket (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 17.
  • Never Alone (reduced from $14.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 17.
  • Gravblocks+ (Permanent, reduced from 4.99 to $3.49) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 3.

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Proun+ (Engine Software | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Etrian Mystery Dungeon (reduced from $39.99 to $29.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 7.
  • Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (reduced from $49.99 to $29.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 7.
  • AeternoBlade (reduced from $14.99 to $7.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 24.
  • Art of Balance TOUCH! (reduced from $6.99 to $5.20) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 24.
  • WAKEDAS, Witch & Hero and World Conqueror 3D are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 24.
  • Proun+ (Permanent, reduced from $6.99 to $4.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 3.
  • Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains (Permanent, reduced from $39.99 to $29.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 7.

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Runbow (13AM Games | &#8364;11.89 | £9.34 until 10/03 if you downloaded the demo, then &#8364;13.99 | £10.99)
  • Gunman Clive HD Collection (Hörberg Productions | &#8364;3.99 | £3.59)
  • Zombie Defense (Teyon | &#8364;7.99 | £l7.19)
    TM_WiiUDS_Runbow_search_thumb.jpg
    TM_WiiUDS_GunmanCliveHDCollection_search_thumb.jpg
    TM_WiiUDS_ZombieDefense_search_thumb.jpg

Wii U | Sales

• Rayman Legends (Ubisoft) - &#8364;11.99/£9.49 (Ends September 10, normally &#8364;29.99/£23.99)
  • Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) (E-line Media) - &#8364;9.99/£8.59 (Ends September 17, normally &#8364;14.99/£12.99)
  • Blok Drop U (RCMADIAX) - &#8364;0.50/£0.45 (Ends September 30, normally &#8364;1.49/£1.29)
  • Blok Drop X Twisted Fusion (RCMADIAX) - &#8364;1.00/£0.90 (Ends September 30, normally &#8364;2.99/£2.69)
  • Tabletop Gallery (RCMADIAX) - &#8364;1.49/£1.39 (Ends September 30, normally &#8364;4.49/£4.09)
  • Master Reboot (Wales Interactive) - &#8364;5.99/£4.99 (Ends October 1, normally &#8364;11.99/£9.99)

• Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson (Marvelous Europe)
    Waist-Deep (&#8364;4.99 | £4.49)

• Proun+ (Engine Software | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Rayman Origins (Ubisoft) - &#8364;5.99/£5.39 (Ends September 10, normally &#8364;19.99/£17.99)
  • Art of Balance TOUCH! (Shin'en Multimedia) - &#8364;5.20/£4.70 (Ends September 24, normally &#8364;6.99/£6.29)
  • Witch & Hero (CIRCLE Ent.) - &#8364;1.99/£1.59 (Ends September 24, normally &#8364;3.99/£3.19)
  • World Conqueror 3D (CIRCLE Ent.) - &#8364;3.99/£3.19 (Ends September 24, normally &#8364;4.99/£3.99)
  • WAKEDAS (CIRCLE Ent.) - &#8364;1.99/£1.69 (Ends September 24, normally &#8364;2.99/£2.49)
  • Proun+ (Engine Software) - &#8364;3.99/£2.39 (Permanent, was &#8364;5.99/£3.50)

uxwGK.png

GulAtiCa

^should probably emphasize that the Proun+ reduction is a permanent thing

I wonder why they did that. In my experience, doing a price drop is a bad idea for an indie. Much better to do sales instead. At least on the eShop.

Granted, just in my experience, since when I did a price drop for ZaciSa last year, it didn't help or do much of anything at all.. (Which is why I also upped the price after all the recent content additions to the game)

Phoenixus

Sin and Punishment feels fantastic with the Pro Controller.

... After a button remapping, naturally. Anyone that can complete the game with the default controls deserves a medal.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'd like to see them bring back the Human Mario Characters perhaps in more spin-off titles as customizable characters instead of using the less appealing Miis.

Mario Kart where you could play as a Human, and gain customization options like costumes and such would be neat.

Top Bottom