• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - September 2015

TheMoon

I wonder why they did that. In my experience, doing a price drop is a bad idea for an indie. Much better to do sales instead. At least on the eShop.

Granted, just in my experience, since when I did a price drop for ZaciSa last year, it didn't help or do much of anything at all.. (Which is why I also upped the price after all the recent content additions to the game)

maybe it's about finding the sweet spot for the respective game. sub-5 price enters impusle purchase land.

Does 3DS Rayman Origins run fine now or is it still a buggy mess?

was it ever a buggy mess?

OuterLimits

Oh wow, didn't know Genghis Khan 2 was on the VC and Advance Wars Black Hole Rising. Grabbing both of those.

Wish Koei would release Romance of the 3 Kingdoms 2 and 3 on VC. They put IV on there, but that is my least favorite of the SNES ones.

Socreges

Banned
Gunman Clive HD Collection is soooo good. I hope everyone's bought it!
Gunman Clive, to me, is a perfect portable game. Easy to pick up and play in short bursts. It's also not a particularly attractive series (by design). Why is the WiiU version such a good buy, excepting those who've never played it on 3DS?

GulAtiCa

I bought Gunman Clive HD. Can't wait to see it in HD.

maybe it's about finding the sweet spot for the respective game. sub-5 price enters impusle purchase land.

That's the general idea most have. But once you go below $5, more so like $3 or $2, people dumbly start just assuming "Oh it's that cheap? Must be shovelware!". Even without that, one big reason to go against price drops is that a 50% sale is more "ooh look at that sale!" impressive with a $4.99 game then a $1.99 game/etc. When my game was once $1.99, a 50% sale was just $1 difference, so barely any difference at all. Always thought that was little funny, so I'd try to not make it as clear that the sale was technically small. Lol

At least, those have been my experiences with that & on Wii U.

Shizuka

Gunman Clive, to me, is a perfect portable game. Easy to pick up and play in short bursts. It's also not a particularly attractive series (by design). Why is the WiiU version such a good buy, excepting those who've never played it on 3DS?

Gamepad is flawless, perfect off-TV play.

daydream

Banned
so, how is that legend of kay anniversary edition? an adequate port? saw a copy of it today and realised there was zero buzz around the release

donny2112

Has anyone tried Mario Golf 64 VC? Can you save replays in the VC version or did they take that out like they took out saving ghosts in Mario Kart 64?

Pokemaniac

so, how is that legend of kay anniversary edition? an adequate port? saw a copy of it today and realised there was zero buzz around the release

I've played a bit of that. The game seems generally competent all around, but is very much a product of its time. I haven't found any issues with the porting. It held a solid 60fps the whole time.

Phoenixus

Since this is somewhat of a general Nintendo thread, I thought I'd ask here instead of making a new one. Does anyone know what kind of screwdriver would be needed for the WiiU pro controller? The shoulder buttons on mine are sticking a bit, need to clean it out.

Edit; No worries, found out it was a triwing screwdriver.

kunonabi

I grabbed a 10$ eshop card so I'll probably pick up VS excitebike next week. I also blew 50$ on Japanese Wii VC releases today. Still need to spend another 100$ to finish my collection though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Freedom Planet devs found the problem relating to the Wii U version:

"...Optimistically I'd say anytime in the next couple of weeks we'll have a date to announce. The bug is causing some freezing issues in the later parts of adventure mode during cutscenes. We believe we've found the source of the problem and we're working it over. All in all we're simply not going to promise another date until we're sure we won't have to delay again this time, we don't like getting people's hopes up and we were overly optimistic at first about what we'd have to do to make sure we had a perfect launch."

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
wiiu_screenshot_tv_018osys.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01jeuy5.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01lws1m.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01jmjir.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01mojvk.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01gjsse.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_018tuq0.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01zkuyw.jpg

daydream

Banned
played some zacisa and runbow today, both seem super cool!

lbx will be the main focus of my attention for some time to come, though

TheMoon

Anyone have any couch co-op virtual console recommendations with the caveat that player two is very much a casual player?

I hope you own Affordable Space Adventures already (not VC but perfect for what you want).

Hop into Wii Mode, buy Secret of Mana on Wii VC. The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (is on Wii U VC) has co-op, too, and shouldn't be too crazy for a casual player.

TheMoon

Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut and PONCHO for NA next week (plus The Swindle finally shows up, but we knew that already). Everybody hopping aboard the Mario Maker hypetrain ;)

cacildo

Goddamnit, Nintendo! Where's ma amiibo game?!?

I think it will never happen....

I was expecting it to happen. It makes no sense to have amiibos just so they can unlock small stuff in a few games....

But now i have no hope. Its even worst that people now complain about "content locked behind amiibo" - if nintendo takes it to the heart amiibos will be even more useless for now on

daydream

Banned
woolly world is fantastic, probably the best co-op experience on the platform alongside 3d world

don't miss out on this gem, us peeps

maxcriden

woolly world is fantastic, probably the best co-op experience on the platform alongside 3d world

If you think I'm not counting the days, minutes, and seconds until a new Good Feel game or a new Yoshi game you don't know me like I thought ;)

daydream

Banned
If you think I'm not counting the days, minutes, and seconds until a new Good Feel game or a new Yoshi game you don't know me like I thought ;)

oh, i know you are! just hope the rest doesn't sleep on this game, i feel like it's kinda flying under the radar a bit.

the level of craft put into the design of the stages is off the charts, imo. which is really what yoshi games have always been about, everything is geared towards exploration and discovery. the lack of baby mario just helps put further emphasis on this differentia specifica of the series and ultimately benefits the experience. the interaction in co-op is so finely tuned that i don't even wanna play the game solo except for getting the odd collectable that we missed here and there.

whether this game will get its due or not, i'm at the very least convinced that you will absolutely adore it, max!

maxcriden

oh, i know you are! just hope the rest doesn't sleep on this game, i feel like it's kinda flying under the radar a bit.

the level of craft put into the design of the stages is off the charts, imo. which is really what yoshi games have always been about, everything is geared towards exploration and discovery. the lack of baby mario just helps put further emphasis on this differentia specifica of the series and ultimately benefits the experience. the interaction in co-op is so finely tuned that i don't even wanna play the game solo except for getting the odd collectable that we missed here and there.

whether this game will get its due or not, i'm at the very least convinced that you will absolutely adore it, max!

Oh, yes. Rest assured I was merely teasing! I have every confidence the game will be my GOTY/GOTG, et. al. We're *still* finishing up 100%'ing Kirby's Epic Yarn here and there, so I imagine YWW will be similarly packed to the brim with content. Good Feel has a real craft and intuition as a developer when it comes to constructing thoughtful platforming, so I'm eager to see what tricks they have up their sleeve this time. :)

Similar to you, given its performance in EU and JP, I'm concerned it will debut to disappointing numbers, but I'm hopeful Nintendo will recognize as with other recent platformers that there is a market for them, just not necessarily with the platformer heavy-cum-platforming backlash of the Wii U players. Well, I guess I just don't want to see Nintendo take another looong rest on the 2D platformer front as they did during the N64/GCN era, but I suppose there's little risk of that as at the least they must recognize their misfortune with the Wii U has far more significant causes to it than an overabundance of platformers.

Pokemaniac

msb.png

(Via GoNintendo.com)

Mario Hoops 3-on-3 heading to VC. Squeenix VC support!

Eh, I'm still doubtful of Square actually being involved without seeing Super Mario RPG or a game that they actually published. Does this game even contain anything that they hold the rights to?

Edit: Wait, never mind. I just checked and saw this game has moogles and stuff. I'll still be annoyed if I don't get some Super Mario RPG soon, though.

Eh, I'm still doubtful of Square actually being involved without seeing Super Mario RPG or a game that they actually published. Does this game even contain anything that they hold the rights to?

Cactuar, Moogle, Ninja, Black and White Mage are playable characters. A few courts based on Final Fantasy as well.

Drago

msb.png

(Via GoNintendo.com)

Mario Hoops 3-on-3 heading to VC. Squeenix VC support!

Damn it. Saw "Mario Slam Basketball" with Square as the dev (didn't know that was the EU name) and my mind immediately went to "HOLY SHIT NEW MARIO BASKETBALL" but uh, yeah I'll grab it on the VC I guess.

Never did play Sports Mix much other than at a friends house.

sörine

Banned
I wouldn't worry about Mario RPG. It'll come over for sure.

They only popped in a serious way in NA near the end of Wii's VC as well.
They were there almost from the start if you count Taito. Even SE proper titles started coming in mid 2007.

daydream

Banned
Oh really? What's the problem with that? I always wanted to try it just never got around to it.

it feels really soulless and uninspired. they should have focused on making one sport interesting instead of designing four sports in a similar fashion, with only the most minimal necessary variation to distinguish them. basketball is the most interesting, for obvious reasons, but even that feels toned down compared to the ds game. also, the ai goes super saiyan in latter tournaments (or maybe just the final one, i don't remember). it made the same mechanical impression as everything else, a game made by robots

Man, I'm so bitter at NOA for not putting it out it over here already. I had a chance to get a game last month and Yoshi would have definitely been the one had it been out. Now I've no idea when I'll be able to get it (US console, don't live in USA, etc, etc). I'm a huge Yoshi and Good Feel fan, this is a match made in heaven for me.

Awesome new avatar, as always, by the way. Ko Takeuchi continues to be boss. Is that from The Best +? Please direct me to where I can find a bigger version! I've been stalking his tumblr and twitter lately. It's fun seeing his draw Pendleton Ward, Yuko Oshima, Sailor Mercury, Anamanaguchi and Audrey Hepburn.

ramparter

Banned

I said exactly the same thing yesterday when playing it with a friend. It's funny how you can troll the other player by eating him while he tries to do something but it's not like you will lose and have to restart the level.

Orgen

Just came here to confirm the awesomeness of Yoshi WW... buy it people!

And hoping for Terranigma in VC, come on S-E!!!!! :D

Top Bottom