• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - September 2016

Pokemaniac

It's too bad they don't include the theme in NA.

I got a free theme in NA when I downloaded the Asinine Attorney case. I had to use a button from episode select to get it, though.

Edit: I really need to start paying more attention to when there's another page.

donny2112

I bought the PW:AsinineA DLC today and the theme was Pixel Art. That's the theme this week in EU with the AJ:AsinineA DLC. Did they switch the themes released between EU and NA for the two short stories?

How long does it usually take for those gold coins to show up in your My Nintendo profile? Does it just count the total at the end of the month?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You know what will net you coins?

Donkey Kong Country Returns, when it hits tomorrow on the Wii U VC, and Final Fight 2 & 3 on the N3DS VC.

Ondore

This will probably come up tomorrow in the PR, but those Skunk Software games that released on 9/1 are all on "we're gonna get delisted, aren't we" sale right now in NA.

I think the "bundle" that was $25 is free.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just checked & yup, it's free.

In fact, since it was originally $25, that's a free 30 gold coins for My Nintendo! My gold count went from 90 to 120.

jmizzal

This will probably come up tomorrow in the PR, but those Skunk Software games that released on 9/1 are all on "we're gonna get delisted, aren't we" sale right now in NA.

I think the "bundle" that was $25 is free.

Just got it lol, what is it? A complication of bad games?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
5 different games. There was only 2 ratings for it, & the actual rating is 1 star out of five.

Pokemaniac

So I just actually started up this skunk collection thing out of morbid curiosity. Am I crazy or is the song on the game selection screen totally an instrumental version of a Green Day song? I know I've heard the melody somewhere before.

Also, I highly suspect they left some placeholder text in the digital manual. (the "(Optional)" on the last page)

A free 30 coins is a free 30 coins.

The game is somehow 1gb. That seems awfully large for a trash game. I have a 1tb drive that isn't even close to even half way, but it still seems like a waste of space.

Pokemaniac

So I just actually started up this skunk collection thing out of morbid curiosity. Am I crazy or is the song on the game selection screen totally an instrumental version of a Green Day song? I know I've heard the melody somewhere before.

Also, I highly suspect they left some placeholder text in the digital manual. (the "(Optional)" on the last page)

To answer my own question, the menu song totally sounds like Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life). Some of the other music is likely also blatant copies of stuff.

A free 30 coins is a free 30 coins.

The game is somehow 1gb. That seems awfully large for a trash game. I have a 1tb drive that isn't even close to even half way, but it still seems like a waste of space.

Part of the size is likely due to it being a Unity game. Some of the libraries needed for those can be a bit hefty.

Also it's 5 minigames with wildly disparate art styles.

I'm hyped about playing Final Fight 2 and 3 on 3DS. So hyped!

Edit: Bought a $50 card from paypal gifts, but it won't let me redeem it.. first it said an error has occurred, and now it says there are server issues. I never experienced this before.. I guess I will try again later?

I don't think I got any coins for it. I have no idea how this game got through Nintendo. The song for the hotel game has lyrics from Hotel California, and I'm sure if I looked up the other lyrics they'd be from another song too.

Edit: Also a South Park reference with oh my god he killed Kenny. That bastard.

TheMoon

Dude...

dudewtf7wq23.jpg

-shadow-

I will never understand the physics that are supposedly at work in that gif. Seriously, that's not how any of that should work...

L~A

Gotta go fast... to the 3DS Theme Shop.

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

- Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse – The Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse game is now available exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS system. The protagonist is a novice demon hunter in the ruins of Tokyo who meets an untimely end, only to find himself returned to the world of the living by the lesser god Dagda to serve as a pawn in his schemes … with humankind as the prize! Click here to view the trailer.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

- Severed – Take control of a one-armed warrior named Sasha who wields a living sword on her journey through a nightmare world in search of her family. Features include Wii U Off-TV Play, in-game achievements and HD graphical optimizations. Buy the Wii U version of Severed and receive a free download code for the Nintendo 3DS version upon release. This game is part of the #Nindies Summer Jam promotion, with a special introductory price through 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 29. Click here to view the trailer.

Wii Retail on Wii U

- Donkey Kong Country Returns – Donkey Kong Island has been taken over by the musical Tiki Tak Tribe! In this Wii platforming classic, jump, swing and blast your way through more than 65 levels spanning eight worlds. There are many hidden items to uncover in each level, and collecting them all will unlock something special. Invite a friend to take control of Diddy Kong for two-player cooperative play (additional accessories required for multiplayer mode; sold separately).

Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS

- Final Fight 2 – In the second chapter of the beat-’em-up Super NES classic, the Final Fight 2 game will take Haggar back to the streets of Metro City. Accompanied by Maki and Carlos, he will travel across the world and fight to end Mad Gear Gang’s reign once and for all…
- Final Fight 3 – In the third chapter of the Super NES Final Fight series, a new enemy has arisen by the name of Skull Cross. Join Haggar, Guy, Cody and Lucia as they battle it out on the streets of Metro City once more in what may be their actual final fight.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Nintendo 3DS and Wii U), Wipeout Create & Crash (Nintendo 3DS and Wii U) and more games from Activision are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 30.
- Grumpy Reaper (Wii U), Toys vs Monsters (Nintendo 3DS) and more from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 20.
- Dan McFox: Head Hunter (Nintendo 3DS) and Word Party (Wii U) are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 29.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

- Dual Core is 30 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $6.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 2.
- Steel Rivals is more than 25 percent off (reduced from $6.99 to $5) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 12.
- Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to 99 cents) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 3.
- The Quiet Collection is 40 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 26.
- 3Souls is 25 percent off (reduced from $3.90 to $2.90) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 29.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $39.99 to $24.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 3.
- Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 29.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:

Sonic series: 25th Anniversary (free)
Sonic series: Boom Style
Sonic series: Classic Style
Sonic series: Sonic Style
Sonic Bundle #2

Also new this week:

- River City: Tokyo Rumble (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS) – Available on Sept. 27
- Noah’s Cradle (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Laser Blaster (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- TITANS TOWER (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Double Breakout (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Wings of Magloryx (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

Refyref

Is there any reason why Severed launches in both systems this week in EU, but only on Wii U on NA? I guess 3DS-only people with an NA account won't be able to get the discount launch price.

L~A

Is there any reason why Severed launches in both systems this week in EU, but only on Wii U on NA? I guess 3DS-only people with an NA account won't be able to get the discount launch price.

Can't you just buy the Wii U version via the web eShop (unless Nintendo actually prevents purchases for systems you don't own)? The game is crossbuy, after all.

Ondore

Based on how people can't get free stuff without a Wii U on the account (like that bundle), probably not.

Maybe they'll re-apply the sale when the 3DS version releases. I know they did that for Futuridium a couple of weeks ago.

TheMoon

Both Noitu Love: Devolution and Severed are bought! (for both each!)

September is draining that wallet hard.

Can't you just buy the Wii U version via the web eShop (unless Nintendo actually prevents purchases for systems you don't own)? The game is crossbuy, after all.

They do, as we established here last week or so with even New 3DS being singled out from O3DS.

(Failed) Lotcheck would be the only likely reason.

jtrov

So I'm confused... River City: Tokyo Rumble is listed as 'new', but then it says, September 27th. So sorry if this sounds dumb, but is it actually available today for download and physical is out Tuesday?

TheMoon

So I'm confused... River City: Tokyo Rumble is listed as 'new', but then it says, September 27th. So sorry if this sounds dumb, but is it actually available today for download and physical is out Tuesday?

What are you confused about?

Also new this week:

- River City: Tokyo Rumble (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS) – Available on Sept. 27

I don't know how this could be any clearer.

jtrov

What are you confused about?

I don't know how this could be any clearer.
The part that says, "Also new this week"... Last I checked, the 27th falls under the category of next week. Thats why I was wondering if it meant digital out now, but physical Tuesday. So, no, it's not that clear when it says this week, but with a date for next week.

TheMoon

The part that says, "Also new this week"... Last I checked, the 27th falls under the category of next week. Thats why I was wondering if it meant digital out now, but physical Tuesday. So, no, it's not that clear when it says this week, but with a date for next week.

eShop week goes from Thursday to Thursday since it updates on Thursdays.

This week starts today and ends next Thursday. So this week on the eShop, River City comes out on Tuesday.

Top Bottom