• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - September 2016

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
US ain't getting Final Fight on N3DS this week. Instead we're getting Mario Strikers Charged on Wii U VC & Super Castlevania 4 on N3DS VC.

steveovig

I'm still waiting for Bomberman 94. I'm ready to just get the PS3 version. Didn't they used to do both a Wii release and a regular Wii U VC release, all in one week?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Depending on my budget, might have to wait on AA6, especially seeing how many times AA5 & the Trilogy have gone on sale at this point. & I don't really care about the costumes that much.

Doesn't help I've gotten a ton of games this month, including the surprise of Picross 3D 2 which takes up a ton of my attention from the 3 other games I've gotten so far.

Refyref

Super Castlevania 4? Yes, finally! I've wanted that on a handheld for a long time. Unfortunately, looks like I'll have to wait until next month for AA6.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Depending on my budget, might have to wait on AA6, especially seeing how many times AA5 & the Trilogy have gone on sale at this point. & I don't really care about the costumes that much.

Doesn't help I've gotten a ton of games this month, including the surprise of Picross 3D 2 which takes up a ton of my attention from the 3 other games I've gotten so far.

It will be 15 bucks in the next two years. I've considered it as well.

There's three games coming out in September on the 3DS that I will buy one day. Two of them are from companies who will put their games on sale. The other is published by Nintendo.

I think I might still buy AA6 today though despite all that!

Dee Dee

I am at work and want to buy Ace Attorney on the webshop so it's download to my 3DS when I get home - but it's not showing as released yet.

Do we have any experience when the stupid webshop updates? I am on the DE webshop, if that makes a difference.

TheMoon

I am at work and want to buy Ace Attorney on the webshop so it's download to my 3DS when I get home - but it's not showing as released yet.

Do we have any experience when the stupid webshop updates? I am on the DE webshop, if that makes a difference.

in 10 minutes.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

- Jotun: Valhalla Edition – From Thunder Lotus Games, Jotun: Valhalla Edition is a hand-drawn action-exploration game set in Norse mythology. You play as Thora, a Norse warrior who died an inglorious death and must prove herself to the Gods to enter Valhalla. Jotun: Valhalla Edition features Valhalla Mode, a boss rush mode with even fiercer versions of the already challenging jotun. Exclusive to the Wii U version, the map is always displayed on the GamePad controller, and God Powers can be activated using the touch screen. The game launches on Wii U first, and its GamePad features make this the definitive version. Click here to view the trailer. Jotun: Valhalla Edition is part of the Nindies Summer Jam promotion, with a special introductory price through 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 16.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice – Court is now in session! Join new characters and returning favorites like Phoenix and Maya to solve puzzling mysteries and watch this new courtroom drama unfold. With the touch features of the Nintendo 3DS system, exciting investigative techniques are at your fingertips, like exploring crime scenes and dusting for fingerprints. Click here to view the trailer.

Virtual Console on Wii U

- Mario Strikers Charged – In this action-packed Wii soccer game, battle in 17 interactive stadiums using MegaStrikes, Super Abilities and Skillshots to devastate the competition. Charge the ball to increase your chances of scoring, and use the Wii Remote controller (sold separately) to flatten foes and defend your goal. Wreck havoc on the field solo or with four players locally (additional controllers required for multiplayer mode; sold separately).

Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS

- Super Castlevania IV – Are you brave enough to take on this spooky Super NES classic? Take up the legendary whip, Vampire Killer, and tread through Dracula’s Castle as the famous Simon Belmont. Defeat ghastly ghouls, goblins and other monstrous creatures in 11 stages of treacherous chambers and dark caverns before facing the Prince of Darkness himself.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

- Cube Tactics (Nintendo 3DS), Bird Mania Party (Wii U) and more games from Teyon are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 29.
- Suspension Railroad Simulator (Wii U), 3D MahJongg (Nintendo 3DS) and more games from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 22.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

- Mighty No. 9 is 20 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $15.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 15.
- Futuridium EP Deluxe is 20 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 15.
- 360 Breakout is more than 25 percent off (reduced from $7 to $5) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 28.
- Paranautical Activity is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 22.
- Gravity Badgers is 80 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to 99 cents) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 6.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

- The Legend of Legacy is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $39.99 to $24.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 19.
- WordsUp! Academy is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 29.
- Rytmik Ultimate and The Keep are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 29.
- Zombie Incident and Cubit the Hardcore Platformer Robot are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 29.
- Fairune, Castle Conqueror EX and more games from CIRCLE Ent. are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 29.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:

AA: Spirit of Justice Apollo Justice Pixel Art
AA: Spirit of Justice Phoenix Wright Pixel Art
AA: Spirit of Justice Athena Cykes Pixel Art
AA: Spirit of Justice Main Characters

Also new this week:

- The Gem Collector (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
-Rorrim (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- TOUCH SELECTIONS (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Letter Quest: Remastered (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Tetraminos (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- SphereZor (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Futuridium EP Deluxe (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

Firebrand

Should I bother with registering MyNintendo before making a purchase? It seems you have to be a big spender on the eShop to get anything worthwhile

why is the "buy digital" button not appearing for phoenix wright? It says that it was released today...

Do they get updated later on in the day or something?

tolkir

Week 36 finished. Song of the week

sinttulooduu2.png

eShop Original Software

Virtual Console

Wii Software

Sales

NA
  • Mighty No. 9 is 20 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $15.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 15.
  • Futuridium EP Deluxe is 20 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 15.
  • Paranautical Activity is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 22.
  • 360 Breakout is more than 25 percent off (reduced from $7 to $5) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 28.
  • Gravity Badgers is 80 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to 99 cents) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 6.
EU
  • Mighty No. 9 (Deep Silver) - €15.99/£14.39 (Ends September 15, normally €19.99/£17.99)
  • Dragon Skills (Joindots) - €7.19/£6.11 (Ends September 22, normally €7.99/£6.79)
  • Bird Mania Party (Teyon) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends September 29, normally €1.99/£1.79)
  • 360 Breakout (nuGAME) - €5.00/£4.00 (Ends October 6, normally €7.00/£6.00)
  • Canvaleon (OXiAB Game Studio) - €4.95/£4.49 (Permanent, was €6.95/£6.29)
  • More sales
new3ds57uac8yu6i.png

eShop Original Software

• Futuridium EP Deluxe (MixedBag Srl | $7.99) *cross-buy* Trailer
    futuridiumepdeluxeuhorr.jpg

- NA: Release, EU: TBD, JP: TBA -
Virtual Console

• Super Castlevania IV (Konami | SNES | $7.99)
    si_wiiuvc_supercastle3tqu9.jpg

- NA: Release, EU: TBA, JP: TBA -
  • Final Fight (Capcom | SNES | €7.99 | £7.19) *Buy two, free the third*
    si_wiiuvc_finalfight03u59.jpg

- NA: TBA | EU: Release | JP: Available -
  • Final Fight 2 (Capcom | SNES | €7.99 | £7.19) *Buy two, free the third*
    si_wiiuvc_finalfight2qku89.jpg

- NA: TBA | EU: Release | JP: TBA -
  • Final Fight 3 (Capcom | SNES | €7.99 | £7.19) *Buy two, free the third*
    si_wiiuvc_finalfight3mau1s.jpg

- NA: TBA | EU: Release | JP: TBA -
new3dsfuuda.png

eShop Original Software

Downloadable Content

• Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice (Capcom)
    Costume Bundle ($TBD | €0.99 | £0.89 | ¥TBD) *First week free*
    - NA: Release, EU: Release, JP: Available -
Sales

NA
  • The Legend of Legacy is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $39.99 to $24.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 19.
  • WordsUp! Academy is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 29.
  • Rytmik Ultimate and The Keep are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 29.
  • Zombie Incident and Cubit the Hardcore Platformer Robot are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 29.
  • Fairune, Castle Conqueror EX and more games from CIRCLE Ent. are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 29.
EU
  • 3D Out Run (SEGA) - €2.45/£2.20 (Ends September 15, normally €4.99/£4.49)
  • 3D Streets of Rage 2 (SEGA) - €2.45/£2.20 (Ends September 15, normally €4.99/£4.49)
  • Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven (MARVELOUS) - €17.99/£14.99 (Ends September 22, normally €29.99/£24.99)
  • Steel Empire (Teyon) - €9.99/£8.99 (Ends September 29, normally €15.99/£14.39)
  • Iron Combat: War in the Air (Teyon) - €3.49/£3.09 (Ends September 29, normally €6.99/£6.29)
  • More sales

KingBroly

Banned
So, I decided to finally buy Axiom Verge because it was on sale.

While I think it's good, I absolutely despise the aesthetic. It really gets in the way at times.

Camjo-Z

I bought The Gem Collector for a giggle or two and you know what? It's surprisingly not terrible. I mean, it's an extremely barebones 2D platformer with music and graphics that try as hard as possible to offend the senses, as well as featuring pointless mechanics such as the ability to cling onto a wall for no discernible reason, but it plays alright and it's easily the best game TreeFall has made so far. So I have to applaud them for not taking the "let's just not even try" route of some other Wii U indies known for trash games and actually attempting to improve.

zroid

Banned
So I bought that Mario New 3DS bundle and I just realized I have no idea how to register hardware in the MyNintendo era. Can you not? What about the extended warranty or whatever?

also related: where's the best place to buy New 3DS cover plates?

I bought The Gem Collector for a giggle or two and you know what? It's surprisingly not terrible. I mean, it's an extremely barebones 2D platformer with music and graphics that try as hard as possible to offend the senses, as well as featuring pointless mechanics such as the ability to cling onto a wall for no discernible reason, but it plays alright and it's easily the best game TreeFall has made so far. So I have to applaud them for not taking the "let's just not even try" route of some other Wii U indies known for trash games and actually attempting to improve.

It's been one of my guilty pleasures to watch the progress of treefall studios. I started because I appreciated that even if they were making janky games, they were trying it in 3d where most of the other indies were in 2d. I actually really enjoyed their Maze game for a while. i guess I helped fund it, so there might be some bias there. I've always gotten the feeling that they are putting forth real effort, but were basically starting from scratch in terms of actually making a game and had no idea where to begin.

PtM

Banned
So I bought that Mario New 3DS bundle and I just realized I have no idea how to register hardware in the MyNintendo era. Can you not? What about the extended warranty or whatever?

also related: where's the best place to buy New 3DS cover plates?
You cannot. MyN you use just to link an NNID to it, which is linked to the hardware.

jholmes

Hey guys, I know a lot of lapsed Mario Maker peeps frequent this thread so I just want to give you all a heads up that some of us in the community are gearing up to spend some time with the game again this weekend for its one-year anniversary. If you wanted to make a new Super Mario Maker stage, or a share a few that got overlooked, or just play a bunch of new and interesting levels, or even just share your thoughts about the game, try to poke your head into this thread sometime between Friday and Sunday.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Atlus will release a free SMT IV Apocalypse 3DS theme next week, no purchase/pre-order required.

Yay for free 3DS themes since they don't happen often

Umibozu

Any thoughts on Legend of Legacy?
Not much of a story (at all). There is no traditional leveling, different stats randomly grow depending on how difficult of a battle you completed (sometimes not at all). Just a lot of dungeon crawling and grinding.
It's not for everyone but I personally liked it as a change of pace.

Refyref

Super Castlevania IV! Finally, I can play my favorite game in the series on a handheld.
By the way, The Keep is on sale again. This game passed under the radar, but I really liked it. It's a first person real time dungeon crawler, think a bit like Ultima Underworld. If you like those kind of games, I highly recommend The Keep.

Any thoughts on Legend of Legacy?

Like people said above, it's a game focused on battling, not story. It works like the SaGa series in that you don't gain experience and level up, but you improve specific stats by continuing to use them, and new skills by continuing to use attacks on that field. It's not for everyone, but if you're up for a game like that, or if you're a SaGa fan, then it's good.

zroid

Banned
I ordered a generic Chinese New3DS & New3DS XL (China does what Nintendon't) charging cradle from ebay for $4

this will either be the best decision (if it works) or worst decision (if my 3DS blows up) I ever make

Free themes are cool, I hate when Nintendo offer them when you buy their game digitally etc. I buy mah gamez on a cartridge! >:|

Zeeman

Free themes are cool, I hate when Nintendo offer them when you buy their game digitally etc. I buy mah gamez on a cartridge! >:|

Yeah, all I have are free themes and My Nintendo themes. Although I'm realizing now that I do own a few full games digitally, how do I check if they came with themes? Do I have to check each one's receipt individually?

e: is there a list somewhere of 3DS games that come with themes?

zroid

Banned
I finally started Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, really nice little game. Think I might just splurge for the retail version of Half Genie Hero.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, all I have are free themes and My Nintendo themes. Although I'm realizing now that I do own a few full games digitally, how do I check if they came with themes? Do I have to check each one's receipt individually?

e: is there a list somewhere of 3DS games that come with themes?
I know the retail version of HW Legends gave me a free theme on a sheet of paper, the same that gives you the code for the extra characters for Wii U. NES Remix Ultimate used to have one, but that's long ended.

Know what the eShop should do? Have one of the keywords be "theme" or have something that lists easily what games will give you free themes. I know they have "demo" or "amiibo" has keywords. I know for some games, it'll mention a theme on the top screen if you highlight the game, like pre-purchasing Dragon Quest 7.

zroid

Banned
I've got to admit, after using a 3DS XL and then a New 3DS XL for so damn long, it feels awfully nice to go back to the smaller New 3DS. It's so much lighter.

Top Bottom