• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

inthegray

Hudson To Feature Playable Demo Of Bonk's Adventure At E3

TurboGrafx Mascot Headbutts His Way onto the Nintendo WiiTM's Virtual Console

SAN MATEO, Calif. – May 9, 2006 – Hudson Entertainment, the North American publishing arm for Hudson Soft Co., Ltd, announced today that a version of Bonk’s Adventure for Nintendo’s recently-announced Wii™ gaming system will be playable at Nintendo of America’s booth at this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3). The game will ultimately be available for purchase on the Virtual Console, Nintendo’s game download service.

Designed for western audiences, Bonk’s Adventure is a side-scrolling action game that was originally launched in Japan in December 1989 under the title “PC Genjin” on the PC engine, and in the U.S. in 1990 on the TurboGrafx system. A hit among critics, the title featured a prehistoric hero named Bonk who was characterized by his use of powerful headbutts as a favored form of attack. Bonk has a wide range of comical maneuvers. Bonk came to represent the TurboGrafx-16 system and he remains one of the most popular video game characters of all time.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Trevelyon said:
91166_snapshot20060510001224.jpg

mariogif.gif
wiikiddance1qp.gif
mariogif.gif
:lol :lol :lol

acidviper

Banned
richman555 said:
Envisions Poindexter from Revenge of the Nerds dancing to this stuff. Makes ya wanna get jiggy wit it! :D
Damn, they have such a great library of classic shit, why are they playing dance-pop

Krowley

Darko said:
GAF is running smooth today, suprisingly

Knock on wood but... i think we're getting a break because the nintendo conferene is earlier in the day on a weekday and people are at work.

joeposh

Buffering already is not a good sign...

I should be studying for my final in 2 hours, but we all know that's not happening now.

Phranky

Banned
Right then, I've finally arrived at my old University campus and am sitting down in front of a computer with a super duper fast internet connection. However, I still can't run ign's livechat thing well or get it's Wii stream (see what I did there) working at all. Can anyone help me out with that?

I managed to get gamespot's stream working straight away and it's running at 273 kb/s.

Aurora

We're less than five minutes away... wow... it's actually almost here... the moment I've been waiting for all these years!

I just lost a probable summer job due to it being filled before I could interview.

This had better be a really good conference to make me less unhappy.

ckohler

jarosh said:
so which stream should i use. gamespot or ign. i have both available...
anony have some experiences here?
I have 1UP's stream and it's very very smooth, no dropouts so far. It does have a bit of a hum in the background though as if they're still plugging in audio equipment.

Fularu

Banned
Scrow said:
PARTY!

mariogif.gif

"move your body to the beat!"

You mean :

REEEEEEEEEEEEL 2 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL

I like to move it move it, I Like to move it move, I like to move it move it

YOU LIKE TO --- MOVE IT!

Top Bottom