• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo eShop update officially released [New Update: Fixes Ridge Racer 3DS issue]

Somnid

AndyMoogle said:
I'm pretty sure there is a remake of Kirby's Dreamland in Kirby Superstar Ultra.

I thought the Spring Breeze levels had different layouts. I has been a long time since I played either though.

FINALFANTASYDOG said:
Also apparently vector racing is being ported to eshop with a release date this July(in Japan)

mzl.tuwulxuz.320x480-75.jpg

wow i played the iphone version a whole lot and i will buy the shit out of this game in 3D with circle pad controls.

Yeah I was asking about Kirby as I thought Dreamland was fully remade in Superstar, which I only played a year ago. It seemed to be the same game certainly, which would now of course render Dreamland obsolete (despite the huge amount of nostalgia it would provide!)

FINALFANTASYDOG said:
All right we got gargoyles quest here in Japan today for the nice price of 400 yen!

So does that probably mean $3.99 in the US? I'll definitely pick that up, but who knows when we'll actually get it.

As an aside, while I knew about the 3D system "border" and original resolution mode for GB VC games, I wasn't aware you could switch to the original green and black color palette, complete with authentic motion blur, until last night. Kinda neat. The e-manuals for these 3DS VC games are pretty well done, actually.

Boney

Banned
Somnid said:
What would give you that idea? They are different games.
The first game in SS is like a KDL remake. It still plays differently of course.

If you're big on Kirby then sure I guess. I'll probably only get 2 cause I had that as a kid.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Don't get me wrong, Kirby is a fine game but so, so easy and so short. Shorter than Mario Land short, and way easier! I picked it up last year after having not played it since I was a kid and beat the whole thing dying one time in about 20 minutes tops.

Gargoyle's Quest, on the other hand.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hey guys, since the update itself has been out for a while and most of the discussion now is about content releases, I'll probably lock this thread soon to encourage conversation moving over to the Nintendo Downloads thread for the month. :)

mclem

Celine said:
How is it's GB sequel ? Really worth a purchase ?
Note I'm not big on Kirby.

If you fundamentally aren't a huge fan of Kirby gameplay, I doubt KDL2 will change your mind. It's more of an improvement if you liked how KDL1 played but thought it wasn't substantive enough.

Amusingly, what I'd regard as Kirby's second most iconic ability (stealing powers from enemies) isn't even in Kirby's Dream Land; that was introduced with Adventure (and continued in Dream Land 2; I think I have that order correct)

Stumpokapow said:
Hey guys, since the update itself has been out for a while and most of the discussion now is about content releases, I'll probably lock this thread soon to encourage conversation moving over to the Nintendo Downloads thread for the month. :)

Forgot about those threads! Taking this one off my subscription list

EmSeta

Xevious is the next 3D classics game? *groan*

How about some games that are actually good? I'd gladly pay for that.

king zell

guys last night i tried to add some funds and my mastercard been refused (dont know why) and today i found out that they actually took the money from my account??

WTF?

GeekyDad

king zell said:
guys last night i tried to add some funds and my mastercard been refused (dont know why) and today i found out that they actually took the money from my account??

WTF?

Yeah, this is an issue that many other folks have reported.

Bryan1321

Banned
king zell said:

WTF?

Happened to me 3 times, 2 buying on wii shop channel, and in the E-Shop

However the 3 times they refund the money (the bank, not nintendo)

Sometimes it works sometimes it wont work

BY2K

Membero Americo
Okay. I'm in Canada, and where the hell are the 3DS pre-paid cards? I can't buy anything on the eShop because I don't have a credit card and I can't find any pre-paid cards. I thought Best Buy had them.

I wanna buy some games in there, damn it. :(

jokkir

BY2K said:
Okay. I'm in Canada, and where the hell are the 3DS pre-paid cards? I can't buy anything on the eShop because I don't have a credit card and I can't find any pre-paid cards. I thought Best Buy had them.

I wanna buy some games in there, damn it. :(

Shoppers Drug Mart carries the prepaid credit cards. Check there.

BY2K

Membero Americo
jokkir said:
Shoppers Drug Mart carries the prepaid credit cards. Check there.

Oh, that's right, I could buy one of those. Could be useful for the Steam Summer Sales, too.

I hate that it cost an extra 5$ to activate them, though.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I just noticed that both editions of Art Academy (First and Second Semester) are available for purchase on the 3DS eShop now... they were on the list of nontransferable titles, right? If they can be purchased now, I assume they can be transferred as well.

I know the titles make use of the DSi photo album, and I'm curious if that was why they were delayed from transfer. If anyone is able to download these on the 3DS, does the photo album transfer option work?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Okay, I have a 100$ pre-paid Visa card.

Tell me what to buy on the eShop*. GO!

* I'm already getting Super Mario Land and Link's Awakening DX. I didn't own a DSi, so I have nothing from the DSiWare.

BY2K said:
Okay, I have a 100$ pre-paid Visa card.

Tell me what to buy on the eShop*. GO!

* I'm already getting Super Mario Land and Link's Awakening DX. I didn't own a DSi, so I have nothing from the DSiWare.
Kirby's Dreamland is an awesome game.

FINALFANTASYDOG said:
All right we got gargoyles quest here in Japan today for the nice price of 400 yen!

All is right with the world.
*highlights and do Google search"

... another black-white game, ch.

BY2K said:
Got Cave Story. Wondering if I should get Shantae.
Animal Crossing Alarm Clock, Dragon Quest Wars, Bomberman...

Mario Clock > Animal Crossing Clock

You can play the Mario clock and get secrets / surprises dependent on the number of coins you collect. It keeps a lifetime total of coins plus has classics themes for alarms. WIN.

Jo Shishido's Cheeks said:
Mario Clock > Animal Crossing Clock

You can play the Mario clock and get secrets / surprises dependent on the number of coins you collect. It keeps a lifetime total of coins plus has classics themes for alarms. WIN.
The lord is testing me.

Top Bottom