• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo: line-up for the rest of 2015 (Star Fox, Fatal Frame 5, more)

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Hey should I buy Monster Hunter 3 for $13 or 4 for $30 for 3DS? Its on special in the eshop and ive never played a MH game.
4's tutorials seemed more user-friendly and it felt far more fluid and with a sense of progression with the different towns/locales, to me. Plus online.

kunonabi

That shitty, shitty NoA, trying to reduce their exposure to risk in the region where Nintendo mindshare dove off a cliff.

Making a decision that pisses off the core fans mostly likely to buy a niche franchise like Fatal Frame and going with a big download that the more casual audience most likely doesn't have the space for doesn't seem particularly safe.

Macka

The only games I'm definitely getting are Fire Emblem: Fates and Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon.

Not really keen on anything coming for the Wii U this year tbh. I might pick up Xenoblade, Star Fox and Fatal Frame if they review well, but I'm not pumped for any of them and would only really be getting them for the collection. Which I should really stop doing, because my backlog is ridiculous at this point.

Yoshi's Wooly World, Super Mario Maker and Mario Tennis aren't my thing at all really.

Next year is so sparse too. :(

Pokemaniac

Of course that if you plan on having more games on it, it makes sense to get a real external HDD, but I was talking about the situation where people don't buy games digitally and would only need it for this one game.

Nope it doesn't even work good there. Cheap Flash drives tend to have terrible random read speeds. Good random read speeds are essential to a decent gameplay experience. A cheap flash drive might not actually be able to keep up with the system, speed-wise.

Saw the Devil's Third review thread and figured it was applicable to NA.

My first instinct was to wonder, as I commonly do, what the fuck NoA is doing. Then I remembered they passed on it. Maybe that was a smart move but still sucks to see NA waiting months for localized games.

Top Bottom