• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo: line-up for the rest of 2015 (Star Fox, Fatal Frame 5, more)

BruceCLea

Banned
This is year is surprisingly busy but next year will probably be pretty light. Of course, I say that every year and the 3DS ends up killing my wallet anyway.

Really? I think next year's going to be super big and this year is light...
Bravely Default 2, Metroid spinoff, Fire Emblem, Mario Paper Jam, Hyrule Warriors and that's just what we know about...

this year all I'm intrigued by is Yo-kai Watch and Tri-Force Heroes.

That's because some of these games (Yoshi's Wooly World and Xenoblade Chronicles X) were literally announced in January 2013 and it's about damn time they actually released. The Wii U has been mostly promises since it launched.

Strange. I think its the only console that delivered on its promises. The comment is even more funny if you remember last e3.

Wilsongt

So really nothing major on the 3DS... I don't understand why it takes Nintendo so long to localize some of their RPGs, like Fire Emblem.

Greatness awaits?

(Goes back to playing MK8, Splatoon, Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, Smash 4, Nintendo Land and all the best games of this generation which are mostly on the Wii U--and Steam of course.)

Strange. I think its the only console that delivered on its promises. The comment is even more funny if you remember last e3.

Don't get me wrong, a few of my all-time favorite games are on Wii U. A bunch of titles were announced years ago, a few of which still aren't out, which is frustrating. The console took too long to get moving, unfortunately.

locustlx

60 bucks for NSMBU + NSLU is complete robbery considering you can buy it right now on the nintendo store for 30. Other than that I'm excited for Star Fox Zero, Mario Maker, Guitar Hero Live (I'm a sucker for this type of game) and Xenoblade Chronicles X. Everything is else is pretty much not at all appealing to me...unless Fatal Frame gets a physical release too.

Thoraxes

The fall 3DS lineup as a whole does not look so good.

Oh well, gives me time to work on my backlog. I can't say this was a bad year overall. I had a lot of fun with MH4U, Devil Survivor 2, and Code Name S.T.E.A.M. I still haven't bought Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 yet, and I eventually want to get around to that.

Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest will obviously be a day one when it releases in early 2016.
Eh, I have to disagree, but that's more with the titles I like to play. Legend of Legacy, Yo-Kai Watch, Triforce Heroes, Stella Glow, PopoLoCrois, and Rodea are all pickups I'm interested in.

It's definitely where I'll be spending the most of my money come this fall. I totally get that not everyone likes the same games I do though.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
One of these is much more in-line with the American market and the other is a series that would have died off over a decade ago if Nintendo hadn't bought up the brand to whatever degree and kept it going.
This would be a valid point if it were releasing on PS4 or XBO, but this is the Wii U we're talking about. As small as it may be, FF does have a established audience, and in a world post the PT cancellation horror fans are starved for games. Ninja Gaiden fans have moved on to Platinum games or DMC and FPS fans have a plethora of better games to choose from. NoA makes absolutely no sense by releasing the probably inferior product on retail while leaving us horror game fans in the dark.

Oddish1

So really nothing major on the 3DS... I don't understand why it takes Nintendo so long to localize some of their RPGs, like Fire Emblem.

RPGs have a lot of text, and some of them have lots of voice acting which takes more time to localize. I also think Fire Emblem is going to have quite a bit reworked in localization.

Richie

60 bucks for NSMBU + NSLU is complete robbery considering you can buy it right now on the nintendo store for 30.

Huh? I'm on the eShop right now and it's 60 for NSMBU alone, plus 20 for Luigi U. Price seems the same in nintendo.com, where are you getting the 30 from?

Eh, I have to disagree, but that's more with the titles I like to play. Legend of Legacy, Yo-Kai Watch, Triforce Heroes, Stella Glow, PopoLoCrois, and Rodea are all pickups I'm interested in.

It's definitely where I'll be spending the most of my money come this fall. I totally get that not everyone likes the same games I do though.

You're actually excited for Stella Glow? That one will end up being a very poor game, and the first 3DS Atlus RPG to be unworthy of the tax. Legend of Legacy and Yo-kai Watch will probably be really good. The other games just don't interest me enough to purchase on day one, but I'd buy them if I could get a good discount.

The quality of the fall titles is lacking compared to previous years, but the first few months of 2015 were decent at least.

Josh5890

RPGs have a lot of text, and some of them have lots of voice acting which takes more time to localize. I also think Fire Emblem is going to have quite a bit reworked in localization.

You are right. I remember it being a big deal when they simultaneously released Pokemon X/Y worldwide and that was only a couple years ago.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Bravely Default 2, Metroid spinoff, Fire Emblem, Mario Paper Jam, Hyrule Warriors and that's just what we know about...

Shhh, you're not allowed to be excited for that. Only allowed to show vitriol and blind rage.

Joking aside, 3DS does look pretty damn good next year.

Don't get me wrong, a few of my all-time favorite games are on Wii U. A bunch of titles were announced years ago, a few of which still aren't out, which is frustrating. The console took too long to get moving, unfortunately.

I blame it on quality control, which has its disadvantages. But it's worth the wait. Nintendo has earned my confidence in the last 2 years to the point where I'd buy every 1st party game that comes out on the Wii U. I've never seen SUPREMELY POLISHED software come out like this before, not even during the greatest years of Sega.

hatchx

Banned
I wonder if Star Fox and Mario Tennis will end up being good games.

I'm pretty happy with Super Mario Maker, Yoshi, and Xenoblade Chronicles though.

It's actually a pretty decent lineup for WiiU, all things considered.

CANLI

Pretty empty line-up, IMO. Only interested in Xenoblade Chronicles (maybe), Star Fox (maybe), Zelda Tri-Force Heroes, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. The NSMB Wii U bundle is nice, great games.

I'd say pretty great line up.
+ Mario maker = hundreds hours of gameplay..
Tried the zelda mini game in a japan expo and it is wonderful only when you play with 2 people. Alone.. it is meh..

Thoraxes

You're actually excited for Stella Glow? That one will end up being a very poor game, and the first 3DS Atlus RPG to be unworthy of the tax. Legend of Legacy and Yo-kai Watch will probably be really good. The other games just don't interest me enough to purchase on day one, but I'd buy them if I could get a good discount.

The quality of the fall titles is lacking compared to previous years, but the first few months of 2015 were decent at least.

I can't really comment on the quality of something I haven't played, but I am interested in it, at least enough to make a purchase. Having Best Buy's GCU helps with the cost, so it'll be $40 for me.

The main reason I mention Triforce Heroes is because I still game with my friends that I played Four Swords Adventures/Crystal Chronicles with, even 10+ years later. So naturally we were all excited for that when it got announced.

Chindogg

So? It is a refurbished disc, and directly from Nintendo. It is as good as a new copy. If you would prefer to pay $60 just to get a new copy, go ahead and waste your money.

You're absolutely right. But a lot of people for some reason don't want to pay for a refurb due to the bad stigma. Therefore they eat the full price of the game which on the eshop is $60 + 20 or with the new package $60.

MarkusRJR

So what's the deal with the Animal Crossing New 3DS XL LE? Are we just not getting it in North America or should I expect to see it in an upcoming Nintendo Direct or something? As a big Animal Crossing can I really want it.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It's a 16 gig download.....

Not everyone wants to buy a hard drive for ONE GAME, especially if they normally purchase their titles in physical form.

Being digital-only is a perfectly valid reason to skip this release. Maybe if Nintendo had actually given owners more than 32 gigs in their hardware this wouldn't be an issue.

If you normally purchase the games on physical form you have 16 gigs available on Wii U.

If you don't, that means you buy digital games so the complain is slightly hypocritical, but fine, you're allowed to complain about everything, but you can still put this one game on an USB stick. It's what? $10-$15 and you can re-use it afterwards.

sörine;176428301 said:
Nintendo's repeated that strategy a few times: NSLU, Wii Fit U, NES Remix 1+2. It's not just Wii Sports Club really.

Two follow ups for the some of the best selling Nintendo games in history and two retail releases for big eshop sellers. Which category will Fatal Frame fold in? But I guess it doesn't hurt to be optimistic about it.

Wildean

3DS line-up is very very sparse. Would like at least one more n3DS exclusive at retail before the whole system rides off into the glasses-free 3D sunset.

Not happy if Europe doesn't get more copies of Fatal Frame LE.

redcrayon

Shhh, you're not allowed to be excited for that. Only allowed to show vitriol and blind rage.

Joking aside, 3DS does look pretty damn good next year.

I wonder if we'll see Monster Hunter X next year. Even if Etrian Odyssey V makes it in Japan next year, we'll be lucky to see it in 2017!

With Etrian odyssey untold 2 (early 2016 in EU)
Bravely Default Second
Final Fantasy Explorers
The great ace attorney
Monster Hunter Stories
Fire Emblem Fates
Hyrule warriors Legends

I think the 3DS is looking pretty strong for upcoming games, depending on what gets localised. 2016 will probably be it's last strong year though.

If you normally purchase the games on physical form you have 16 gigs available on Wii U.

If you don't, that means you buy digital games so the complain is slightly hypocritical, but fine, you're allowed to complain about everything, but you can still put this one game on an USB stick. It's what? $10-$15 and you can re-use it afterwards.

It's really not a hypocritical complaint at all, even if you purchase some digital content. You can get away with purchasing plenty of VC titles and indie games and have absolutely no need for a hard drive, if you buy everything else in physical form.

Skipping Fatal Frame due to it being a digital-only release is a perfectly valid stance to take. Not everyone wants to buy a hard drive for one game.

Me? There's no way I'm skipping it. In fact, I bought a hard drive from Amazon last night that'll be here sometime today. I'll now be able to download Fatal Frame, some digital Wii games, and all the data packs for Xenoblade X in December.

CPCunha

... why do I still have hopes of the Reg. n3DS releasing in NA? I want to play MonHun4... if it doesn't show up xmas season, I'm gonna buckle and get the XL and i'm gonna be salty forever.

...this is just EVIL.

Pokemaniac

Two follow ups for the some of the best selling Nintendo games in history and two retail releases for big eshop sellers. Which category will Fatal Frame fold in? But I guess it doesn't hurt to be optimistic about it.

You'd want to spend a bit more on a Flash Drive if you intend to use it with a Wii U. The Wii U can be pretty hard on flash memory. So hard that Nintendo outright says not to use them. While Nintendo is just being a bit overly cautious in this matter, their concerns aren't exactly unfounded. Many cheap flash drives simply aren't fast enough or reliable enough to provide a decent experience when used with a Wii U. This is one area where you really shouldn't cheap out.

tl;dr: If you try to use a really cheap flash drive with a Wii U, you're gonna have a bad time.

Nintendo definitely wants to become also a toy company and conquer the 4 to 12 year old market. Problem is, kids nowadays start playing call if duty when they are 10 so i think their market is going to shrink a lot.

Pikma

Banned
Nintendo definitely wants to become also a toy company and conquer the 4 to 12 year old market. Problem is, kids nowadays start playing call if duty when they are 10 so i think their market is going to shrink a lot.
Kids have always been like this, this is nothing new and definitely not something that started with COD.

Lineup completely sucks for me.... I'm not interested in a single title.

This

AniHawk

Kids have always been like this, this is nothing new and definitely not something that started with COD.

i visited the school where my parents worked and they started asking if i worked on destiny or call of duty (i did not, but it wasn't a guessing game - i had told them what i actually had worked on). like, those were the two suggested right at the start. fallout or skyrim was also thrown out. but then one kid who was clearly a nintendo fan asked about the legend of zelda, mario, and mega man. surprisingly, no questions regarding minecraft or mobile stuff.

Vena

i visited the school where my parents worked and they started asking if i worked on destiny or call of duty (i did not, but it wasn't a guessing game - i had told them what i actually had worked on). like, those were the two suggested right at the start. fallout or skyrim was also thrown out. but then one kid who was clearly a nintendo fan asked about the legend of zelda, mario, and mega man. surprisingly, no questions regarding minecraft or mobile stuff.

Mega-man confirmed Nintendo property.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
You'd want to spend a bit more on a Flash Drive if you intend to use it with a Wii U. The Wii U can be pretty hard on flash memory. So hard that Nintendo outright says not to use them. While Nintendo is just being a bit overly cautious in this matter, their concerns aren't exactly unfounded. Many cheap flash drives simply aren't fast enough or reliable enough to provide a decent experience when used with a Wii U. This is one area where you really shouldn't cheap out.

tl;dr: If you try to use a really cheap flash drive with a Wii U, you're gonna have a bad time.

Of course that if you plan on having more games on it, it makes sense to get a real external HDD, but I was talking about the situation where people don't buy games digitally and would only need it for this one game.

GAF - advise me, should I sell my Wii U? I can't think of anything I want to play on the system for at least the next year, and I'm pretty much over Mario Kart & Smash.

Zelda is the only incentive I have to keep it around, but... y'know...

Nostalgia is really holding me back here, talk some sense into me

redcrayon

GAF - advise me, should I sell my Wii U? I can't think of anything I want to play on the system for at least the next year, and I'm pretty much over Mario Kart & Smash.

If the only game you're interested in isn't out for 18 months and might be on it's successor, then why not. The downside I can see is that it won't sell for much and you'd have to buy an NX (in whatever form that may be) to play it, so to be honest I'd at least keep hold of it until the reveal. You never know, you might not like the look of the NX either, or at least not feel like paying out at launch for one just to play one game! :)

In short I don't think you're going to get much for it compared to keeping your options open, packing it up nicely and storing it just in case.

The Wii U will be a collector's item in 10 years. Hold onto for now it and cash out on it later.

If you sell it now you'll get very little compared to later on. No one wants to buy one right now, at least not for much.

kunonabi

When all is said and done my 3DS haul for the year is going to be

Story of Seasons
Etrian Mystery Dungeon
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker
Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven
The Legend if Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX
The Legend of Legacy
The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes
Return to PoPoLoCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson
Stella Glow
Yo-Kai Watch
A-Train 3D: City Simulator
Japanese Rail Sim 3D: Journey in Kyoto
Japanese Rail Sim 3D: Journey in Suburbs #1
Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3

Next year certainly has some stuff I'm super hyped for like PxZ2, Fire Emblem, and Zero Escape 3 but outside of those there isn't much else I have my eye on. If we get some localization announcements like Style Savvy and The Great Ace Attorney I'll be more optimistic.

PtM

Banned
... why do I still have hopes of the Reg. n3DS releasing in NA? I want to play MonHun4... if it doesn't show up xmas season, I'm gonna buckle and get the XL and i'm gonna be salty forever.

...this is just EVIL.
You don't need an N3DS to play MH4U.

PtM

Banned
Hey should I buy Monster Hunter 3 for $13 or 4 for $30 for 3DS? Its on special in the eshop and ive never played a MH game.
Only the latter has online play on 3DS, else it's a choice between underwater or jumpy battles. There are demos for both games, the 4 one is more newb friendly and explains details which are relevant also to 3.

Top Bottom