• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo: line-up for the rest of 2015 (Star Fox, Fatal Frame 5, more)

Tansut

I'm so very saddened NoA is not offering any kind of Limited or Collector's Edition of Mario Maker. I would've really loved to own that book and shirt. Mario platformers are a big deal to me. :(

Vena

I'm so very saddened NoA is not offering any kind of Limited or Collector's Edition of Mario Maker. I would've really loved to own that book and shirt. Mario platformers are a big deal to me. :(

You get the book with every edition.

maxcriden

What about Picross 3D 2?

I'm guessing early next year.

It's not complete crap. It's just my least favorite Zelda.

My favorite Zeldas are Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, and A Link Between Worlds. Out of nowhere I got like 9 games in the series.

For Mario RPGs, I <3 PM and TTYD, hate SPM and SS

M&L I'm meh, and SMRPG is great.

Cool, man. Have you played much of those M&L games, though? They're pretty similar to the first two Paper Mario games.

As to Zelda, love LBW. Have you played MM 3D or some of the other handheld top-down games, like LA, the Oracle games, and Minish Cap?

Why they decided to seat on Yoshi's Woolly World for 3 months is beyond me as well.

I think it likely has to do with production of the woolly amiibos.

You would think that having a library of dozens of great DS and Wii games that they could release would give us something to pad out the months-long wait time between Wii U games... but lol Nintendo.

For real. Especially the Wii games. No idea why they've been so sparse with re-releasing those.

Euron

I hope Star Fox Zero turns out great. Seems to be Nintendo's biggest game this fall that isn't Mario Maker.

And Xenoblade Chronicles X has been one of my most anticipated games of the generation and still has some of my favorite trailers this gen but despite all this, I've almost lost all interest in it. Too much time has passed since its announcement and it has a bad release date. I just don't think I'll have any time for the game with Fallout 4, Battlefront, Mario Maker, and possible Bloodborne DLC all releasing in the same window.

But I think the biggest turnoff for me is that is sounds too much like Dragon Age Inquisition without the best parts of the game (great characters and beautiful graphics IMO). Repetitive sidequests are just too much of a waste of time. Quality always trumps quantity yet open world games tend to focus on the latter.

Vena

The other games either look shockingly low effort (Mario Tennis, Star Fox, Amiibo Festival) or is literally just NSMB + NSLU again.

AC:Festival isn't even much of a project. I mean, looking at what the devs said about it, they just wanted to make a game for playing with Animal Crossing Amiibo. It sounds like a pet project of a group of fans that was only even greenlit because it will no doubt be "paid for" by Amiibo.

As for their localization, I don't really know why its so slow comparably speaking. 8-4 and others consider Treehouse to be some of the best in the business, and I doubt they tardy about with it. I wonder if it isn't simply from bulk in the same way that MH4U took so long to localize just out of sheer bulk. (And Nintendo has always seemingly hated simultaneous releases, trying to cater to markets differently.)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The choice to back Devil's Third for a physical release over Fatal Frame makes no sense no matter how much I think about it. FF got played at E3. Has already been released and is likely to be a quality game. I've seen nothing wrong with it from the video and streams I've seen of it. It's releasing around Halloween so it should be easy to push theme wise. It makes use of the gamepad as well. It will certainly review better then DT to which has actual problems affecting gameplay it seems.

Yet the game they ignored for the better part of a year, didn't want to talk about at E3, rumored be released by another company is getting a full physical release now? The game that is previewing badly months before it's US release. It's not even a retailer exclusive release like the other markets either but a full store release!?!?

NoA is an incredibly backwards run division. This makes no sense.

What's weird is that both games feature mature content, you'd expect both to be eShop only with Nintendo being so scared of adult games.

Very solid final months of the year. Stella Glow rumored to come out on Nov. 17th, and then Super Mystery Dungeon and Star Fox on Nov. 20th, and then Xenoblade X right after those on Dec, 4th. Gonna be a crazy couple of weeks right there.

The choice to back Devil's Third for a physical release over Fatal Frame makes no sense no matter how much I think about it. FF got played at E3. Has already been released and is likely to be a quality game. I've seen nothing wrong with it from the video and streams I've seen of it. It's releasing around Halloween so it should be easy to push theme wise. It makes use of the gamepad as well. It will certainly review better then DT to which has actual problems affecting gameplay it seems.

Yet the game they ignored for the better part of a year, didn't want to talk about at E3, rumored be released by another company is getting a full physical release now? The game that is previewing badly months before it's US release. It's not even a retailer exclusive release like the other markets either but a full store release!?!?

NoA is an incredibly backwards run division. This makes no sense.

Obviously NOA believes people will buy game featuring bald men and guns regardless of how bad it is.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
This is the kind of info I'd expect in a direct, and it's around the time when I'd expect a direct now. Hope this is only a temporary thing.

We knew Wii U had a fine 2015 before E3.

It's 2016 which everyone is worried about. Aside from Project Guard/Giant Robot there are only 3 titles announced for 2016, all of which we've known about since 2014 or earlier.

4 titles

Mario & Sonic Summer Olympics

we didn't know about it until two months ago

We still have Project Guard + Project Giant Robot, I guess, if those still exist.

The last we heard of it at E3 was a pretty huge albeit stealth news update (Platinum Games joining in) so I'm not too worried about it fading yet.

but uh

we have no idea what on Earth kind of game it even is at this point so uh... yeah

A bunch of late localisations/artificially delayed titles alongside a couple of low budget projects, of which only Mario Maker looks worthwhile, only further testify initial reactions. This console will be gone after next year.

Splatoon and Rocket League (Steam) are my favorites so far this year and both are considered "low budget projects".

Great videogames don't need movies and stories that cost millions of dollars to make. Focus should be on gameplay, performance, art style, sound effects and music. That's exactly how Nintendo does things and that's why they can take all my money.

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread, but in the OP it shows Shovel Knight as $24.99 and Best Buy and Amazon has it available for Pre-Order for $19.99.

Muzy72

Banned
Amiibo News says Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival is releasing November 13, but I can't find the source for it?

Why isn't there any interest for the new zelda 3ds
Its baffling. New Zelda, and a online co op game on 3DS. I'm hyped. Can't quite get it at launch due to limited money and spending it on Dangan Ronpa and Corpse Party BD first, but plan to get it ahortly after. My most hyped 3DS game atm.

Lucifon

Anywhere to pre order the special edition Xenoblade X in the UK yet?

Will wait on Fatal Frame, I imagine the store or GAME will have stock without pre-ordering.

illusionary

There surely has to be a special edition coming for Tri Force Heroes and Starfox Zero? I was certainly expecting to see one!

With that Yoshi amiibo, they're getting a little ridiculous with these now...

Xenoblade, Star Fox Zero and Tri Force Heroes will be mine from these. Super Mario Maker too - that's felt like a known quantity for a short while already by now. Oh, and being in the UK, Yoshi's Woolly World is already in the collection (and completed - those of you in the US have a grreat game to look forward to!

Anywhere to pre order the special edition Xenoblade X in the UK yet?
I'd assume that we'll see it first from GAME, or perhaps Nintendo's own store. It would be nice to see wider availability, of course... I guess that we'll see before too long!

Actually they didn't mention Xenoblade X LE, did they? Could there still a chance for FF LE?

Who am I kidding, it's NOA, fuck them

Nintendo has an incredibly solid line up this fall. I am really looking forward to Mario Maker, Yoshi, Star Fox, and Xenoblade. Not really much for me for the PS4 this holiday season. Maybe Fallout 4 if it's not too buggy.

Thoraxes

I'm buying a lot of stuff on that list.

Gotta update my chart when I get home.

Also it's great to finally have dates for the amiibos. We're finally almost at the end of the Smash Line!

I need more info on the XCX LE though. Also, the Shovel Knight price is $5 more than what I preordered it at, so nice!

Splatoon and Rocket League (Steam) are my favorites so far this year and both are considered "low budget projects".

Great videogames don't need movies and stories that cost millions of dollars to make. Focus should be on gameplay, performance, art style, sound effects and music. That's exactly how Nintendo does things and that's why they can take all my money.

That wasn't the point though. It's that they clearly don't put any major budget into the WiiU anymore, looking at the entire lineup. Late localisations and forced delays to fill the holidays alongside low budget projects suggest the opposite of a lively console whose publisher still has faith in it. Which was stated in the post I've quoted.

For me it's Mario Maker, Yoshi, Fatal Frame, Star Fox, Xenoblade, and The Devil's Third, though I will buy it two weeks later when it's 5$. Might pick up Triforce Heroes as well.

Happy that Nintendo came through on Devil's Third, and to have an actual date finally. I don't normally pre-order stuff but I have a feeling they won't print a ton of copies.

Rodea The Sky Soldier should be on there too since it's not only a Wii U and 3DS game, it's also a Wii game. lol.

Seriously though, that's the best lineup in the Wii U's entire lifespan for me. Star Fox Zero, Fatal Frame V/Project Zero V as it's known here and Rodea will all be mine (all on my pre-order). Devil's Third and Xenoblade X will be for further down the road, but my purchase of the Wii U is honestly validated by those games alone for me. First time where I'll say Nintendo actually beat out Sony and Microsoft for the Autumn/Winter period for home console.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Was there no new trailer/gameplay footage for Star Fox Zero to coincide with the release date confirmation?

Perhaps Nintendo are waiting until after Mario Maker has been released to start building the hype(train).

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Not buying Fatal Frame 5 because it's digital only? Yeah, I'm sure that will send the right message to NoA. Enjoy your last Fatal Frame there.

Super Mario Maker
Yoshi's Woolly World
Yo-Kai Watch
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Is what I will be getting. I still have stuff like Star Fox and Zelda pre-ordered, but those are very likely to be cancelled. I am surprised Star Fox is priced at $60 when the series is notorious to be short in length, and other games like Yoshi's Woolly World, Mario Party 10, and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze have been priced at $50.

mrmickfran

Cool, man. Have you played much of those M&L games, though? They're pretty similar to the first two Paper Mario games.

As to Zelda, love LBW. Have you played MM 3D or some of the other handheld top-down games, like LA, the Oracle games, and Minish Cap?
I've played all the M&L games except for PiT. They're all right, not really stand outs, Like the Paper Mario games. Especially Dream Team, God, those giant battles.

I played MM3D, it was alright. I have LA and Seasons backlogged :p

chrono01

Fatal Frame 5 an e-shop exclusive, while EVERY OTHER REGION is getting physical? I have no words.

I've been anticipating FF5 since launch in Japan, with hopes we would one day get it in NA. Finally, my dream came true when it was announced at this year's Nintendo E3 Direct, and now I'm finding out that it's an e-shop exclusive. I hate buying my titles digitally. I refuse to. There's no re-sale possibility and I prefer owning something physical. I will not purchase digital-only, so I guess I'm passing on FF5.

But hey, I guess Nintendo could look at the low sales number for a DIGITAL-ONLY FF5 and say "See! We knew it wouldn't sell!", when all fans wanted were a choice between physical and digital. I can't even import a copy because of the damned region-lock.

I should have seen this coming, but I was expecting at least a limited release for a physical Fatal Frame 5 [maybe Gamestop/EBGames only?]. Extremely disappointed.

Edit: I say all of this and yet I'll probably still purchase Fatal Frame 5 since I'm a massive fan. It still doesn't make the news any less painful. :/

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Not buying Fatal Frame 5 because it's digital only? Yeah, I'm sure that will send the right message to NoA. Enjoy your last Fatal Frame there.
IDGAF, $50 for a digital-only game is highway robbery. DMC4SE was digital-only and priced accordingly ($25). I was there on day 1.

I have faith that a physical copy of Fatal Frame will come out eventually in NA. Reminds me of the Wii Sports Club release strategy: FTP with DLC for the holidays, physical copy the next spring/summer to fill release gaps.

This holiday season is packed full of Nintendo releases so I can see why they'd try digital first to save retail space.

Clov

I should have seen this coming, but I was expecting at least a limited release for a physical Fatal Frame 5 [maybe Gamestop/EBGames only?]. Extremely disappointed.

This is what I'm most surprised at. I thought that it would at least get a EB/Gamestop exclusive release, but it's not even worth that to NoA.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
IDGAF, $50 for a digital-only game is highway robbery. DMC4SE was digital-only and priced accordingly ($25). I was there on day 1.

Well, yeah, price can be better complain than digital only. Still, being free to start, I hope all the fans will at least show some interest in downloading it.

Top Bottom