• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo NA eShop Holiday Sale Roundup

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Book of Unwritten Tales 2 stands out to me at $4...is the Wii U controller well-used for this or is it just analog cursor control?

Caim

I'm really low on space but need AA6. If I delete a game, is its save data gone too? Can I back it up to the computer somehow?

When you attempt to delete a game it will ask you if you want to save data backup first before going through with it.

HotHamBoy

It depends on the person. I enjoyed it for what it was, a halfway decent brawler with a run-of-the-mill story and fanservice.

Well, I haven't played Crimson Girls but the first game left a lot to be desired, especially in the performance area.

I payed full price on release but I would say it isn't worth more than $15.

Shizuka

Well, I haven't played Crimson Girls but the first game left a lot to be desired, especially in the performance area.

I payed full price on release but I would say it isn't worth more than $15.

The games have been getting better and better with every entry, specially performance-wise.

Debating on MH Generations. I enjoyed MH4 a lot but never finished it. I definately enjoyed it a lot though.

Any impressions on MHG from non die hard MH fans?

This is a really sad sale. Nintendo didn't even bother putting any of their own games into it, jeez.

I was hoping that maybe they'd do something for Boxing Day, but I'd forgotten that's just a Canada thing.

Oh well. Between this, not wanting anything from the PS4 deals, and a mediocre Steam Sale, I've "saved" more money by actually not buying games this week. XD

Samyy

Is the Ace Attorney trilogy the first 3 games?
I've never played any of the games so was thinking I might pick that up

jwj442

Well, I grabbed Steamworld Dig and I like it. I've always enjoyed the type of old-school dungeon-crawler (mostly western) RPGs where you can't go very deep at first and have to repeatedly return to town to survive as you slowly get farther and farther with each trip. So a platformer take on it is fun.

Well, I grabbed Steamworld Dig and I like it. I've always enjoyed the type of old-school dungeon-crawler (mostly western) RPGs where you can't go very deep at first and have to repeatedly return to town to survive as you slowly get farther and farther with each trip. So a platformer take on it is fun.

I got it as well, but I'm not really crazy about it. Seems repetitive to me. Just got the drill tho and it's speeding up, plus it feels linear.

I hear that Heist is much better and different tho?

HotHamBoy

I got it as well, but I'm not really crazy about it. Seems repetitive to me. Just got the drill tho and it's speeding up, plus it feels linear.

It's a totally different game.

I like Dig as a game to relax and chill in. Don't need to play for very long, it's short as it is.

Steiner

Banned
Debating on MH Generations. I enjoyed MH4 a lot but never finished it. I definately enjoyed it a lot though.

I played a bit of MH3U, and hadn't played a MH since. Picked up Generations during the last sale, and I really like it, but after the initial 4 or so hours I haven't booted it up again.

I really need people to explore / hunt with to enjoy it, I think, but none of my friends have a 3DS. I want to get into it, but I don't think i can do it solo. It really is wonderful and polished, though. A lot of charm, and I can tell that serious players could easily sink hundreds of hours into it.

As for me, I think I'm going to pick up one of the Steamworld games. Do you need to play Dig before Heist? I know they're different, and it almost sounds like I should go straight to Heist, but I remember hearing great things about Dig.

They're not on sale, but I also want to get into Picross 3D Round 2 and Pushmo. Funds are limited, though. Not sure what to pick up. I also wanna play SMT IV:A. Damn...

javadoze

As someone who isn't quite a hardcore MH fan (and someone who played MH4U a bunch), I was really disappointed with MHGen. The single player, the monster lineup, and the environments all felt like a major step back from MH4U.

Plus, not to mention, MHXX is just around the corner, so there's not much of a reason to get MHGen.

Hm.. Do things like Dr. Mario and Kirby Fighters Deluxe ever go on sale?

I just want some fun multiplayer games.

Where the heck is freaky forms? Not available on store for some reason even though they are advertising it in their local play section.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

I disliked Dig, I finished it. But yeah, it was kind of boring and tedious.

Heist is one of the best games on the entire 3DS games. It was my 3DS GOTY last year, it's that's good. Think a 2D XCom or Valkryia Chronicles. It's a turn based, aim/line up your shot game.

I've got $50 for the eShop so I guess I gotta do some reading. Steamworld Heist is a must, and I was thinking about MonHun X to get into the series since it's so cheap but also XX is probably coming soon.

grabbed legend of dark witch 2 since I keep on forgetting to buy it before. also, since when us eshop accepts non-us credit/debit cards?

Dunlop

Just got my kid a 2DS for Christmas (he wanted Pokemon),

it's boxing day here in Canada (kinda like black friday for the US) and there is not a single retailer or online store that has any Nintendo 3DS games on sale (He wanted smash, mario 3d and mario maker). He's going to end up spending his xmas money to take advantage of some greate PS4 game sales instead

I forgot how ridiculous Nintendo was

Bowl0l

Just got my kid a 2DS for Christmas (he wanted Pokemon),

it's boxing day here in Canada (kinda like black friday for the US) and there is not a single retailer or online store that has any Nintendo 3DS games on sale (He wanted smash, mario 3d and mario maker). He's going to end up spending his xmas money to take advantage of some greate PS4 game sales instead

I forgot how ridiculous Nintendo was
I have more bad news for you. After next year, 3DS game prices will increase because Nintendo will drop 3DS in favour of Switch.

Dunlop

I have more bad news for you. After next year, 3DS game prices will increase because Nintendo will drop 3DS in favour of Switch.

Not a big deal, my son is just in a Pokemon craze and will probably not be using the thing in a few months.

It's more of a shame that they never seem to put their flagship games on sale

HotHamBoy

What do you mean by that?

Only games with very low printings hold value or go up in price.

Besides, eShop is always an option.

I would highly recommend Steamworld Dig for the sale price of $2~(?). However it is a VERY short game. I beat it in 3 hours. Just as soon as the game got going, it was over. It was really disappointing in that respect. However if you go in knowing this you should be able to enjoy it. The regular asking price is a joke.

HotHamBoy

I would highly recommend Steamworld Dig for the sale price of $2~(?). However it is a VERY short game. I beat it in 3 hours. Just as soon as the game got going, it was over. It was really disappointing in that respect. However if you go in knowing this you should be able to enjoy it. The regular asking price is a joke.

Nah, the regular asking price is $8. That's fine. I've payed more for shorter games (Journey).

But $2 is certainly a great value. I just wish it was more replayable. The game randomly seeds the mine with each new game but it never gets more challenging.

Shizuka

Someone pitch me Ace Attorney trilogy with a gif or jpg.

raw

Top Bottom