• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America register Fireemblemawakening.com domain

If anything, the game having DLC would be a reason for NOA not to bring it over. They act like they don't want anything to do with the eShop!

No, the remake did not, but the proper entry, Shadow Dragon did. As will this proper entry.
Shadow Dragon was a remake too.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware this was a remake to a game that was never released outside of japan and for the ds in the year said system was being replace with its successor.
Shadow Dragon was also a remake of a game that never came out of Japan. Please don't give me that dead system horseshit when NoA manages to bring over Dark Dawn and Nintendo still intends to make the next Pokemon games DS titles.

Shadow Dragon was a remake too.

Shadow Dragon was also a remake of a game that never came out of Japan. Please don't give me that dead system horseshit when NoA manages to bring over Dark Dawn and Nintendo still intends to make the next Pokemon games DS titles.
So you are comparing the localization of a remake of a fe game to pokemon( which by the way nintendo only has partial control of and was probably in development for far before the 3ds was released)... Well ok.
As for Kirby I think that's far less of a risk localization wise than fe remake , especially after shadow dragon which iirc wasnt received to well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well how about Golden Sun late 2010 and Kirby? They released Mass attack last year.

Kirby's a far more popular series than Fire Emblem. it might even be more popular than Zelda in the handheld space. I can't explain Golden Sun though.

So you are comparing the localization of a remake of a fe game to pokemon( which by the way nintendo only has partial control of and was probably in development for far before the 3ds was released)... Well ok.
No, I'm saying the DS isn't dead yet if they're still willing to put a new title on it, even if it is Pokemon and will sell eleventy bajillion copies on any thing handheld wise.

Daschysta

Well apparently this one is selling faster than any fire emblem since the SNES in Japan, and we got Shadow Dragon and Sacred Stones so I never really doubted this one coming over as well.

Good news anyway.

No, I'm saying the DS isn't dead yet if they're still willing to put a new title on it, even if it is Pokemon and will sell eleventy bajillion copies on any thing handheld wise.
The thing is I highly doubt they were "willing" to put it on ds, but had no choice because gamefreak+ it being far in development. The only thing I will say is that I consider what happened to fe3 remake very very circumstancial and not at all indicative if what was gonna happen with awakening. So I find people using it as a reason this may not have come over as a bit disingenious .

Alrus

The thing is I highly doubt they were "willing" to put it on ds, but had no choice because gamefreak+ it being far in development. The only thing I will say is that I consider what happened to fe3 remake very very circumstancial and not at all indicative if what was gonna happen with awakening

Nintendo owns like 2/3rds of the Pokemon IP, if Pokemon Black/White 2 is on the DS, it's by their decision. But I agree with you, FE3 remake not coming means nothing.

Emitan

Guys, you realize Pokémon isn't technically first party, right? GameFreak doesn't give a shit about selling 3DS units, they care about selling Pokémon games. Working on releasing and promoting 3DS was much more of a priority than the badly selling sequel of a badly selling game.

Somnid

The Pokemon Company was established under Nintendo for the sole purpose of managing the brand because the licensing was getting out of hand. They manage the whole ecosystem from comics, to toys, to cards, to television, to movies as well as the games (because these are all interlinked). Nintendo doesn't choose what the Pokemon Company does because the whole point was to delegate all responsibility to them.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Well how about Golden Sun late 2010 and Kirby? They released Mass attack last year.

Golden Sun made it out before the 3DS release. Kirby is just popular and a quantity NoA knows will make them some money. And considering how they rushed the Wii and DS Kirby games out in a relative quick time span of each other, I think we need to accept that NoA is done with the DS. Pokemon doesn't count either since they're huge sellers and NoA is effectively obligated to release them (Pokemon Co. is involved with the decision as part of their cross-marketing plans).

Poyunch

A little birdy told me it's coming this october

disclaimer: birds don't know shit

Don't be so sure.
QdWJb.png

I don't feel that a highly specific set of circumstances is necessarily negated when providing examples of other products that share one or two of the same qualities.

grandjedi6

I don't think Pokemon B&W2 is on the DS because gamefreak choose to do so over Nintendo's wishes. If Nintendo really wanted it on the 3DS I'm sure they could make it so. Rather, Nintendo's accountants probably just came to the conclusion that the massive amounts of money B&W2 will make on the DS is worth more than the support it could have given to the 3DS.

BD1

Banned
I have thought from the second they announced Sacred Stones as an Ambassador game that they'd bring this over. I really hope they do.

grandjedi6

You guys are right.

But i still dont find it that crazy to not have total faith in NoA bringing stuff over.
Oh of course not. In fact we had this whole "you have to be crazy to think they aren't bringing it over" conversation about the 2nd DS FE game, which ultimately didn't come over after all. Now Awakening stands a better chance simply because it still early in the generation and NoA is still in their "release everything" stage, but its still not a crazy worry. All NoA has to do is decide that Fire Emblem is no longer profitable enough to be worth pursuing. And considering Reggie's previous disappointments in the sales of recent Fire Emblem games, this is a realistic possibility.

I don't think Pokemon B&W2 is on the DS because gamefreak choose to do so over Nintendo's wishes. If Nintendo really wanted it on the 3DS I'm sure they could make it so. Rather, Nintendo's accountants probably just came to the conclusion that the massive amounts of money B&W2 will make on the DS is worth more than the support it could have given to the 3DS.

The most likely situation is that the user base difference, in addition to the ability to just reuse assets, was considered more important than driving 3DS sales with a NSMB title coming down the pipe, anyway.

Plus, it was likely offset by the 3DS apps that work in tandem with BW2.

I'm sure they'll announce it at E3 for the west, maybe get it this fall. Nintendo wants to keep software going for 3DS so there haven't been any retail games that they haven't released here (although I don't see Culdcept coming here lol)

Junie12

I hope they bring over that special edition FE 3DS.

If not, oh well. Just glad the game is coming over to the states :D

donny2112

Ugh, finally. Was actually starting to worry a bit that it wouldn't come, even though it was totally reasonable and should be expected that it would come. I guess when you really want something, you start to worry about all kinds of unlikely scenarios that would keep it from happening.

NOA needs to reassure its customers better on upcoming games. It's like they think E3 is the only time information should be released. Heck, they didn't even bother with a U.S. Nintendo Direct version this time. U.S. is Nintendo's biggest market, so they shouldn't be letting sub-standard support from their local branch get in the way of their customer relations. :/

On the good side, Club Nintendo is good, and the turnaround on Xenoblade and allowing Xseed to publish The Last Story are steps in the right direction. They just really need a Reggie-type leader in their marketing branch again. Reggie needs to get his twin brother on the marketing side or something. :lol </stealth attempt to make Perrin Kaplan head of U.S. marketing, since at least she was good at keeping the press engaged with half-answers and intriguing innuendo instead of just not saying anything at all>

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Ugh, finally. Was actually starting to worry a bit that it wouldn't come, even though it was totally reasonable and should be expected that it would come. I guess when you really want something, you start to worry about all kinds of unlikely scenarios that would keep it from happening.

Let me put it this way.

After Nintendo let the Wii sit out in the sun, dry up, and roll away for almost the entirety of 2011, it was not unreasonable to worry about an SRPG getting localized before the next five years had passed.

It's still ridiculous that Nintendo nearly tossed away a game as major as Xenoblade for the US.

Good...

Though I won't feel sure until they actually announce it. NoA is pretty slimy and have eroded almost all benefit of the doubt from me.

Top Bottom