• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Online Store: Pokemon 20th Anniversary & Happy Home Designer Cover Plates

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Just bought a New Nintendo 3DS and want to get in on the 20th Anniversary cover plates? Now's your chance!

new3ds-coverplate-pokemon20th-charizard-full-480x320.png
new3ds-coverplate-pokemon20th-blastoise-full-480x320.png

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Another interesting option of note: The cover plates that were exclusive to the New Style Boutique 2 bundle in Europe:

new3ds-coverplate-styleboutique2-package-480x320.png

Alpha_eX

Would have been much nicer if the Pikachu logo in the bottom didn't clash so hard, but these are great either way.

BamFuller

Neo Member
Thank you for this. I was one of the salty bunch that missed the opportunity to grab a 20th Anniversary 3DS.

LQX

Do these tend to sell out and stay out of stock? I think I might want that Charizard.

Ridley327

Thanks for the heads up. We got our nephew one of those $99 N3DSs for Xmas, and while this won't be able to get to him in time, these will be nice gifts for the budding Pokemaniac that he is.

RCSI

Now if only they had the New 3DS in stock to use this cover plate. Either way, I went with the Blastoise, as I normally get the blue/water pokemon.

How long were the Pokémon ones in stock for? Tried to order the Blastoise one and it says it's not available on the US site.

I really, really need one.

It just sold out like a minute ago.

So I guess not very long once the news spread.

Oh my god. I literally just got out of class. I would have seen this if it had been any other day.

Perhaps unanswerable question, but does anyone know if these are going to get restocked any time soon?

Toki767

I know Nintendo of America never really wanted to release the New 3DS, but they sure have dropped the ball on the whole cover plate money.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Both Pokemon plates seem to be delisted from the online store, assumedly sold out. I guess a mod can lock this up if they want.

maxcriden

I have the kanji ones sealed if anyone wants to buy or trade for them. Keep meaning to list in eBay but rather not deal with the hassle.

mlclmtckr

Banned
I got the 3D Land bundle, and both of the plates it came with are kind of bad. I want a nice subtle muted one.... the paper Kirby one looks OK but I'm not really a Kirby dude so it feels dishonest somehow.

I wonder how many more faceplates Nintendo has in them. There are three months left before the Switch comes out.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I got the 3D Land bundle, and both of the plates it came with are kind of bad. I want a nice subtle muted one.... the paper Kirby one looks OK but I'm not really a Kirby dude so it feels dishonest somehow.

I wonder how many more faceplates Nintendo has in them. There are three months left before the Switch comes out.

The newest cover plate on Nintendo's website was released in April, eight months ago to the day. I'm guessing they're probably done with them outside of potentially one or two more special edition bundles.

In regards to subtle/muted:

image_plate_055.jpg
image_plate_039.jpg
image_plate_023.jpg

Or any of the multitude of solid-color plates will do you well, I would imagine.

LQX

Oh man, it fucking hurts like someone punched me in the stomach. I had both in my cart and was ready to check out. And the only reason I did not check out faster is because fucking Nintendo had no easy option to change my name like every other fucking site on the internet. Man I fucking hate Nintendo, why do I keep buying their shit. They hurt me so much.

1407444283-dawson-crying.gif

OmegaFax

NoA seems determined to keep shelf space at retail stores reserved for Amiibo. I think that's the driving reason why we don't see them more frequently + the smaller 3DS is kind of like Nintendo's McRib. It's seasonal and kind of pops up when it wants to. I'm just surprised GameStop wouldn't carry them in limited quantity. I think they did that for the regular 3DS XL docks. Those stores are littered with random merchandise sometimes.

Oh man, it fucking hurts like someone punched me in the stomach. I had both in my cart and was ready to check out. And the only reason I did not check out faster is because fucking Nintendo had no easy option to change my name like every other fucking site on the internet. Man I fucking hate Nintendo, why do I keep buying their shit. They hurt me so much.

1407444283-dawson-crying.gif

Uh, literally keep trying. They may still send you one if it's out of stock. Nintendo's online store is weird but you might get lucky.

NeOak

The newest cover plate on Nintendo's website was released in April, eight months ago to the day. I'm guessing they're probably done with them outside of potentially one or two more special edition bundles.

In regards to subtle/muted:

image_plate_055.jpg

Or any of the multitude of solid-color plates will do you well, I would imagine.

I wish I could get No. 55 for a decent price :(

Top Bottom