• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Says JoyCon Wireless Issues Were Caused By 'Manufacturing Variation'

Such terrible timing... sent mine last week to the UK, they got it last Thursday but haven't opened the package yet.
On a weeks holiday over here in Ireland and I've a bad feeling it won't be here till I go back to work!!

The Hermit

So.... Nintendo of America just said to return my unit to the Store.

I live in Brazil, bought the console while in France.

They basically said FUCK YOU

Well, having Nintendo products in Brasil is a huge gamble. That's why I am buying in the grey market, at least they give me some months of warranty.

Waji

Just "repaired" the left Joycon and it's indeed working far better than the right one now easily.
I can go away from a few meters while playing with the joycon in my back and I have not issue at all.
But the right one reaches its limits and sometimes the camera won't move in Zelda.
So I'm just going to do the same with the right one and in 10 minutes I'm good to go.

It just feels better to it myself : P.
It's not painful as what I had to do with the psp.

Edit : Didn't know the right one was built in a different way. Not sure if I can change anything.
Doesn't matter it works more than enough. It only has problems when I put it in my back and move out of the room so...

Steiner

Banned
Can anyone tell me if this screwdriver will work with the Joy-Con? I just want to make sure it's not too thick in girth to fit down there (that's what she said).

And where did y'all get the foam?

Any folk located in the US that sent their JoyCon in for repair? My gray pair that came with the Switch have signal issues but I didn't want to send them out until I had a backup set. Now that I have a second pair (didn't test those out yet) I wanna guesstimate how long I'll be without my original set.

Need to plan how and when the friends and I can play Mario Kart.

Steiner

Banned
Any folk located in the US that sent their JoyCon in for repair? My gray pair that came with the Switch have signal issues but I didn't want to send them out until I had a backup set. Now that I have a second pair (didn't test those out yet) I wanna guesstimate how long I'll be without my original set.

I'd anticipate about a week. I saw someone in another thread say they sent theirs in on Tuesday, and received it back the following Monday.

Can anyone tell me if this screwdriver will work with the Joy-Con? I just want to make sure it's not too thick in girth to fit down there (that's what she said).
I wouldn't. It doesn't specify size, but I first used a similar standalone triwing like that left over from some previous Nintendo device operations, and not getting a very solid grip on the screws. It did the job, but the screws got a bit stripped in the process. Using the Y0 head from some set I bought long ago worked much better.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I got mine back in 3 days.

Steiner

Banned
I wouldn't. It doesn't specify size, but I first used a similar standalone triwing like that left over from some previous Nintendo device operations, and not getting a very solid grip on the screws. It did the job, but the screws got a bit stripped in the process. Using the Y0 head from some set I bought long ago worked much better.

Thanks so much for the response.

Edit: I'm looking at this one instead? I don't freakin' know...

Kibbles

Is there any easy online way to do it? I'd rather not waste a bunch of time and hold and then have them diagnose my problem over the phone when I know my left joycon is faulty. I don't have any conductive foam lying around either.

Got new joycons from Amazon coming in today, hope they are ok :s

Top Bottom