• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Strategy Briefing 2015 thread (Nintendo discusses smartphone title Miitomo)

thefro

Nintendo Corporate Management Policy Briefing/Second Quarter Financial Results Briefing

When: October 29th 10 AM Japan Time (9PM EST on October 28th)
Q&A is currently underway

There will both a presentation and Q&A. The event is scheduled to last for 90 minutes.

What to expect:
- Announcement/reveal of the first Nintendo Smartphone title
- Sales graphs and financial talk
- Discussion of Nintendo's future corporate strategy
- Possible discussion of Nintendo/DeNA online membership service (the Club Nintendo replacement)
- Possibly "non-sensitive" news about NX
- Update hinted at on Universal/Nintendo theme park deal.
- Q&As with Nintendo's new President Tatsumi Kimishima.

Liveblogs:
Wall Street Journal

WSJ Reporter Takashi Mochizuki is also tweeting

Will update this post with other liveblogs/Twitter feeds, articles, and a link to Nintendo's presentation in English once it is available.
----
EDIT: English Slides of the full presentation here!

Summary:

- Nintendo's 1st smartphone game delayed until March 2016
- "Miitomo", F2P with content you can buy (related to Tomodachi Life?)
WSJ Liveblog said:
Looks like Miis go ahead and communicate with other Miis without your knowledge. This will help people who are hesitant to talk about themselves to communicate with others, and reveal a side of your friends you never knew, Mr. Kimishima says.

In the new “Miitomo” game, users will design their own avatars, or “Miis,” to communicate with other users. Executive Shinya Takahashi says that Nintendo will find ways to encourage people who are hesitant to talk to share things about themselves.

See Miitomo slides in English here

From Cheesemeister:
Ease of creation/use of Nintendo Accounts being emphasized. Register with NNID, Facebook, Twitter, Google, e-mail.

You'll be able to purchase software downloads on the site, see purchases, play info, and game-related messages.

New point program for purchasing/playing console/mobile games can be used on DLC, original goods, and game coupons.

Nintendo Account friend list, requiring mutual confirmation, will be utilized on both console and mobile.

Nintendo Accounts will provide cloud storage of character and save data.

Future Nintendo Account services will extend to theme parks, movie theaters, and stores.

The new Nintendo membership service is called My Nintendo, which will bridge across consoles and mobile.

Presentation slides in Japanese

BY2K

Membero Americo
You really shouldn't expect anything outside of the smartphone game and maybe a mention of the NX without any concrete info about it.

Going to be a very interesting meeting, and Kimishima's first real test as president. He's going to face some hard hitting questions too, about Nintendo's lacking holiday season, the NX, mobile, QoL, and perhaps toughest of all, the company's very uncertain future.

Banned
"As for NX, we're working hard on it and plan to share details next year about it. Thank you for your patience."

Scum

Here's my list again :-

Advance Wars
Nintendo Puzzle League
Nintendo TCG
Animal Crossing something
"Touch Generation" IP for mobile

Any one of these will do, NCL & DeNA.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Note the new anime season of Pokemon, XY & Z, featuring new forms of Pokemon who are currently unavailable in any of the games airs today in Japan...

Even the Western branch of the Pokemon Company told made note of the air-date despite it being a few weeks off for the dub...

AdanVC

Looking forward to be dissapointed as always and for that Animal Crossing Candy Crush style puzzle mobile game.

Now wich suit should I wear for today's briefing?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Will there be anything for us to watch or somewhere to read live updates?
Filming is prohibited, and Nintendo very rarely provides a live stream from these events. But there is a live blog linked in the OP.

Isotope

I just wanna see something about the new account system between Nintendo and DeNA, and whatever the mobile title is. Anything else is gravy.

mdubs

Banned
uhmTuGX.png

Need a 2015 version of this.

I miss you Iwata :(

Shaldome

Can't wait to get back to this thread tomorrow when I arrive at work. Either it will blow up because the reaveal(s) were bad or it will blow up because they dropped the bomb. Will be a fun thread no matter the outcome. And I am intrigued too with what they come up with.

djkeem

Unconfirmed Member
I still can't believe nintendo will be making smartphone games. Hell i can't believe they will be making games for a non nintendo platform.

Scum

To be honest, I'm not expecting much from NCL's first mobile title. As long as they do something that gets the Nirolak Seal of Approval.

Nanashrew

Banned
Which snacks?

A snickers and some cookies. Good cookies I recently got from the store and they're called the kitchen sink. It's peanut butter cookies with chocolate chunks, peanut butter chips, white choclate chunks with bits of pretzel and coconut mixed in.

It's village bakery stuff and it's soooo goooooooood.

Top Bottom