• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Strategy Briefing 2015 thread (Nintendo discusses smartphone title Miitomo)

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
http://******************.com/news/...tor-briefing-lose-2-48-billion-in-market-cap/

Nintendo and DeNA Stocks Plummit More Than 10% After Investor Briefing, Lose $2.48 Billion in Market Cap

OCTOBER 28, 2015 / BY ELIA PALES
Tatsumi-Kimishima
Nintendo just held its latest investor briefing, announcing to the public that its first mobile title will be delayed to March of next year. In response, Nintendo’s stock has plummeted more than 10%, while DeNA stock lost 17% of its value, the most of any Japanese company in the day. Considering Nintendo’s market share (amount of money invested in the company in total) is about 3 trillion yen right now, this is a loss of about 300 billion yen, or $2.48 billion.

Hopefully Nintendo’s stock makes a recovery sooner rather than later.

Ouch :/ Seems like investors weren't pleased with the delay and what they announced.

Time to buy, if you're able.

CEO Tatsumi Kimishima says there are more titles–unannounced–coming this year to promote both Wii U and 3DS during the year-end holiday season.

Ya no this doesnt surprise me one damn bit this is the same company that was like here is a new mainline kirby game oh and btw it comes out in less than 3 months.

More unannounced titles coming out this year? There's only 2 months and a week left of the year, they're running outta time!

The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD for Wii U coming out.....next week!

Digital only

Miitomo announced
Cloud based saves data
New account and rewards program
and more Twilight princess HD hints

Guess that was about as much as you could expect.

Rösti;183334163 said:

Glad to see it translated already

In May, we globally released Splatoon for Wii U as a completely new IP. This is a 4-on-4 online combat game in which players skillfully switch between “squid” and “human” character forms while they compete to cover the largest part of the battle area in ink. We were able to receive high commendation from many consumers regarding the fun of playing this brand-new and unique game only Nintendo can offer.
In Japan, the combined sales figure of its package version and download version surpassed 905,000 units as of last week and we are certain it will reach a million within this year.  

Already over 900K in japan alone. Even continues to do very well in digital sales too

Also some good digital and great amiibo sales in general.

More unannounced titles coming out this year? There's only 2 months and a week left of the year, they're running outta time!

The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD for Wii U coming out.....next week!

Digital only
At this point, I really don't care if digital, because NOA don't give a damn about the inevitable JP/EU-only LE figurine. If NA does get a LE, its always skimped.

Weng

Ōkami;183338165 said:
21l.jpg

WiiU lineup
Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival
Yokai Watch Just Dance*
Genei Ibunroku #FE*
Star Fox Zero
???
Mario Tennis
Taiko Drum Master*
Dragon Quest X*
You can read the rest
The missing game is Art Academy Home Studio/Atelier.

BY2K

Membero Americo
At this point, I really don't care if digital, because NOA don't give a damn about the inevitable JP/EU-only LE figurine. If NA does get a LE, its always skimped.

Huh EU didn't get the Majora figurine while NA did and NA got the Wind Waker HD LE with the Ganondorf one.

Huh EU didn't get the Majora figurine while NA did and NA got the Wind Waker HD LE with the Ganondorf one.
The NA ganondorf didn't get display dome, hence why I used "skimped". Also, MK 8 blue shell was NWS only. The treasure chest/scarf LE thing for Hyrule Warriors never made it to NA, either, iirc. Probably a few other things I'm forgetting too. Oh and Club N rewards of course.

OT: Theres unannounced Wii U games releasing before end of the year? Well, I'd expect announcements any day now. Gotta give some sort of room for marketing and preorders.

Interesting to see that, in addition to the three representative directors of the company (Kimishima, Miyamoto and Takeda), they also had Shinya Takahashi taking part in the conference call / Q&A session. It really looks like he's being groomed to take over as CEO at some point in the future.

Top Bottom