• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Strategy Briefing 2015 thread (Nintendo discusses smartphone title Miitomo)

Dicer

Banned
Cannot wait to see what they have in store for the first game, i have a few ideas, wanna see if they hit the mark...

tesla246

My guess is something casual orientated. A franchise which had mass appeal on wii and/or ds. Brain training, nintendogs or something like wii sports in the sense it consists of several small games. If this is succesful, then maybe a mario/pokemon spin-off down the road.

Riki

Finally.
Finally, all of Nintendo's secrets will be revealed.
Finally, we will know why Mario wears white gloves.

sinxtanx

Need a 2015 version of this.

Credit to Mirk

4JyoCi8.gif

My guess is something casual orientated. A franchise which had mass appeal on wii and/or ds. Brain training, nintendogs or something like wii sports in the sense it consists of several small games. If this is succesful, then maybe a mario/pokemon spin-off down the road.
Something like Nintendogs would really make a lot of sense. I can see the IAP now.

georly

God what if it's just wii sports mobile.

Hoping for elite beat agents, rhythm heaven, or warioware. Will accept a new rusty game.
Will be disappointed if it's steel diver or nintendogs.

Eolz

We shouldn't have to wait until monday for an official translation since it's in the middle of the week.
Nice, will be interesting.

God what if it's just wii sports mobile.

Hoping for elite beat agents, rhythm heaven, or warioware. Will accept a new rusty game.
Will be disappointed if it's steel diver or nintendogs.
I think it's very likely you'll be disappointed haha. I'm not expecting a sports game though because it's a phone.

I imagine their first mobile game will be just that, their first mobile game.

I think there will be others and their foot in the door probably won't be the nuclear bomb everyone wants it to be.

Doctre81

This is Kimishima's first briefing of his own so he might just us some cool info just to make a good first impression.

Gnilres

Any live-blogs or anything from somewhere else?

(The WSJ link says subscription required or something?)

Not expecting much but I got nothing else to do tonight.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
They aren't going to reveal anything for Wii U or 3DS games, this is a meeting for rich investors who don't care about video games.

tesla246

Something like Nintendogs would really make a lot of sense. I can see the IAP now.

Yes, nintendogs really woyld make sense. Tamagotchi its a proven concept. It sold well in the 90s, it sold beastly on the DS. Might as well try the old trick in the book for smartphones. Its just a rage that keeps coming back once every ten years, anf now with everyone owning smartphones can be more popular than ever before.

Another thing they may try is making mario levels, but not playing them; lure them onto dedicated platforms for that, tot tie their businesses departments together.

I'm already liking this meme; he is the ruthless boss of the nintendo ninja's :).

Eolz

The real question is this:

How long will it take for this game/app to reach the #1 spot on the App Store and Google Play?

I'd say it shouldn't take too long, the true real question, is how long it will stay in the top 10. That's what counts in the end.

massoluk

Banned
Please do not be yet another block matching games. I don't care if you put pokemon skins on top of them.
Blow me away with genuine Nintendo magic.

Unless it's really cheap and then you might change your tune lol.

Your avatar gave me a thought, Dr Mario could work as a mobile game. It would be a perfect fit for first game really. It's hard to mess up, simple controls, tried and tested formula, Mario IP and won't piss off 3DS and Wii U owners by being too substantial.

Meesh

Expect nothing -> leave with your sanity intact.
I try with great difficulty to attain this kind of "nothing-NES" zen... But the whispers of bombs being dropped keep me from total enlightenment. :/

Can't... ignore... the... hype...

Doctre81

Your avatar gave me a thought, Dr Mario could work as a mobile game. It would be a perfect fit for first game really. It's hard to mess up, simple controls, tried and tested formula, Mario IP and won't piss off 3DS and Wii U owners by being to substantial.

Dr Luigi is kinda new though and has a price of a cell phone game. I hope they didn't go that route.

Top Bottom