• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Dev Kit Stats Leaked? Cortex A57, 4GB RAM, 32GB Storage, Multi-Touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persona7

Banned
zGUGaHL.jpg

Reallink

Not sure what your guys' entire argument is about but it is hilarious if you think phones cost that much without subsidizing the costs. Providers really have suckered people in.

First, subsidization.

Perhaps, perhaps not. There have been two separate rumors that Nintendo wanted to hit a surprisingly low pricepoint with this. MCV was the latest to report this, and that was when EG and Emily leaked this exact stuff.

Ironically it is you who have been suckered. The poster we're quoting referenced the 2013 Moto G (for which $179 was the full fat, unlocked, off contract price) and the 2013 Nexus 7 Tablet ($199, also not subsidized). Don't assume everyone's a dumbass that thinks an iPhone 7 is $199.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
seems fake by the 32gb storage alone.
funny thing is, the real specs are always worse. atleast the storage can only go up.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ironically it is you who have been suckered. The poster we're quoting referenced the 2013 Moto G (for which $179 was the full fat, unlocked, off contract price) and the 2013 Nexus 7 Tablet ($199, also not subsidized). Don't assume everyone's a dumbass that thinks and iPhone 7 is $199.

So if the reports are true and the system hits for a surprisingly low pricepoint, you'd be fine?

Reallink

So if the reports are true and the system hits for a surprisingly low pricepoint, you'd be fine?

I have no problem with anything, I like it and would be fine with $299. I was just correcting the notion that guy (Sutan) wasn't posting $700 devices to make his point...which kind of proves his point that so many of you thought he was.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Not sure what your guys' entire argument is about but it is hilarious if you think phones cost that much without subsidizing the costs. Providers really have suckered people in.

Phone subsidies in the US ended a little while ago. There are new-release smartphones with good specs (not sure how comparable to the Switch, naturally), for <$100, mostly from Chinese firms or low-cost firms like Blu.

Rappy

Ironically it is you who have been suckered. The poster we're quoting referenced the 2013 Moto G (for which $179 was the full fat, unlocked, off contract price) and the 2013 Nexus 7 Tablet ($199, also not subsidized). Don't assume everyone's a dumbass that thinks and iPhone 7 is $199.
As I've said I didn't read the whole argument. On mobile because normal site is down, but that's no excuse I guess. The guy asked how much do phones cost and the Moto G was incredibly basic and the Nexus 7 not so powerful either. But it looks like you guys are talking about screens. At those times the screens were probably a bigger part of the price than the other components based on the specs. And same goes for the "2k" displays currently.
Phone subsidies in the US ended a little while ago. There are new-release smartphones with good specs (not sure how comparable to the Switch, naturally), for <$100, mostly from Chinese firms or low-cost firms like Blu.
Is it really though? Relative to flagship models, the specs of those phones are still budget tier. Or has that changed? I haven't dealt with being on contract for years.

fernoca

Seems the tweet was deleted? Get a "not found" message.

And seeing her previous post insisting nVidia was not related to NX, guess she got flack or something.

EDIT:
Desktop site shows it. :p

KageMaru

They have all the major middleware companies on board right from the start which is a huge advantage over the Wii U for 3rd party support. And as several people here have said, these stats could easily be outdated (or not accurate).

I really hope they are because these specs are worse than I thought they would be.

BibiMaghoo

I would certainly prefer to have a 720p screen knowing that all the games on the system will actually hit that mark, than a 1080p screen where devs have to trade off between native resolution and performance.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Any chance of SCD support or something that will guarantee the console side is 1080p? I think it looks great but can't stomach 720p on my 60" anymore.

That's... About the same system memory bandwidth 360 had, I know it has better compression due the newer architecture, but wtf?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Four ARM Cortex-A57 cores, max 2GHz
NVidia second-generation Maxwell architecture
256 CUDA cores, max 1 GHz, 1024 FLOPS/cycle
4GB RAM (25.6 GB/s, VRAM shared)
32 GB storage (Max transfer 400 MB/s)
USB 2.0 & 3.0
1280 x 720 6.2" IPS LCD
1080p at 60 fps or 4k at 30 fps max video output
Capcitance method, 10-point multi-touch
wXw2YOa.gif

Hoo-doo

Banned
yup

its a non issue

I think the 3DS and WiiU even came with a SD card

A non issue? Modern games are huge and only getting bigger. If this thing is running Xbone-like games then it surely is an issue.

It basically makes going digital a non-option unless you're willing to spend an additional 200+$ on a sufficiently sized SD-card. And even then that 500GB will fill up fast.

lenovox1

Size of the game matters too, 32-64gb with games at most getting 4-6gb (max of what the carts can hold plus patches) vs games going 64gb+ (apparently the max NS carts can hold).

You're getting more GB per $ but that means nothing if the games go full size, in the end you can put less games.

While true, I'm guessing most people will be playing those more massive games at home while the system is docked with an HDD attatched.

Rappy

A non issue? Modern games are huge and only getting bigger. If this thing is running Xbone-like games then it surely is an issue.

It basically makes going digital a non-option unless you're willing to spend an additional 200+$ on a sufficiently sized SD-card. And even then that 500GB will fill up fast.

While true, I'm guessing most people will be playing those more massive games at home while the system is docked with an HDD attatched.
The dock includes USB ports right? When the Wii U got the same complaints didn't Nintendo just say let the user expand with external storage, which in that case they were mostly talking about USB storage. I mean I guess it sucks if you want multiple big titles on the go with you. But an expensive SD isn't the only option for gaming with the dock.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
How is this thread still open? None of these have been confirmed at all, and the source is sketchy at best.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
OK, I need more informations then, you mean it would be upscaled or something like that?

No it can display 4K content at 30fps, like Netflix or other 4K videos you might have.
Games are almost certainly 1080p at best.

Rodin

Looks exactly like an early DevKit should be...
Early devkit yeah, maybe, except for RAM which is usually more than the retail unit and there's no way that this thing has less than 4GB. Final kits though? I don't think so. And we've heard several rumors about specs in the current kits being basically the same as the retail unit, so why would we hear about early kits in late october if the final ones (or close to that) have been around since september?

So yeah, i'm calling bullshit on this one.

Man if it's 32gb... I'm already struggling with the launch Xbox One's 500gb
You won't have to install anything here, and if you buy games in dd you can expand the memory with a cheap SD card.

Maybe because the person telling us has no idea what she's talking about?
That's exactly what i'm saying lol

tkscz

Early devkit yeah, maybe, except for RAM which is usually more than the retail unit and there's no way that this thing has less than 4GB. Final kits though? I don't think so. And we've heard several rumors about specs in the current kits being basically the same as the retail unit, so why would we hear about early kits in late october if the final ones (or close to that) have been around since september?

So yeah, i'm calling bullshit on this one.

Maybe because the person telling us has no idea what she's talking about?

antonz

As far as we know, this is fake as shit.

All people have guesses for are what the old dev units use to carry and even then none if those rumors where reliably confirmed.

The Specs are real in that they are an X1 Devkit specs. That is the problem. Anyone can literally go to Nvidia website and buy this exact devkit. So there is no chance this is final hardware specs.

As far as we know, this is fake as shit.

All people have guesses for are what the old dev units use to carry and even then none if those rumors where reliably confirmed.

I just hope the portable side is at least on par with the Wii U. Zelda portable footage looked rough in the video.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The Specs are real in that they are an X1 Devkit specs. That is the problem. Anyone can literally go to Nvidia website and buy this exact devkit. So there is no chance this is final hardware specs.

Really, there isn't even something change for "originality". I don't understand how is this topic still open.

Compsiox

Banned
If it were multi-touch I feel like they would have shown it in the trailer.

Or

Maybe they don't want casuals seeing the touch screen and being like "I have a phone that does that"

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Not buying this at all.

All I know and I'm happy with is that it's more powerful than the Wii U and looks to finally have some decent third party support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom