• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who wants Yoshi X Rabbids?

I'm sorry, but that sounds like it'll be some garbage. Is this what we've waited for? Some Yoshi X Rabbids game? Nobody wants that.

I'm so disappointed right now if that's the crossover game. I can see Gamexplain saying it's weird, but that's nothing to get excited about.

It would be interesing.

Nintendo games have a rabbid fanbase, Ubisoft being in the saddle would make sense.

CbwJ1rQWEAANenb.jpg

Tregard

Soothsayer
Ey8kc7a.png

Would you like to see more tracks based on other Nintendo franchises (besides Mario) in Mario Kart Switch?

Very much so, I feel like this is the direction Mario Kart will eventually take and it has a lot to gain from this.

There's some great opportunities with a Splatoon track, a Pikmin track, a Warioware track etc.

Personally I'd also like to see some tracks based on Super Mario 64, I feel a Secret Slide track is desperately missing.

Star Fox stage+Fox being it it would be cool. Gravity and flying based could work pretty well.
Is there anything new on that Rabbids thing? Isn't it old?

Zebei

News for tomorrow from Eurogamer that is substantial could be very exciting. Although I personally oubt Software so im not THAT invested in it.
I can't think of an area more fun to ride through than Zebes.

Maybe as one of those long tracks with no laps so it could be Crateria--->Brinstar--->Norfair---->Tourian or something

And there are plenty of other awesome tracks like Inkopolisripe for the karting.

If that's the weird game...then I don't see any big deal about how surprising the cross over game is.

It sounds to me like he's just making a joke about the fact that people are even talking about Rabbids x Yoshi, not that he's teasing that as a game.

I hope I'm right anyway

DMONKUMA

It sounds to me like he's just making a joke about the fact that people are even talking about Rabbids x Yoshi, not that he's teasing that as a game.

I hope I'm right anyway

I hope you are right as well. I just don't want the "unbelievable" thing to be unbelievable as in "Oh wtf why you do this" but more of...."HOLY SHIT NO FUCKING WAY THIS ISNT POSSIBLE MY EYES ARE GONE!!!!"

Like that.

Gleethor

People in every Switch thread are seriously sleeping on 3D Mario as a launch game.

Like, I get that no Zelda at launch is disappointing especially after waiting so long already, but seriously when was the last time a launch title for ANY system was all of the following:

-a quality game
-had lots of content/decent length
-not a remaster
-1st party exclusive
-a potential successor to Super Mario 64

Even if the game is "only" as good as say, 3D World, it'll be the best launch exclusive of any system in like 2 decades. Bow before your EPD Tokyo overlords.

Speely

Banned

I hope I'm right anyway

That's what I got from it as well. Then again, I wouldn't care much either way, personally. Ubisoft being on board is good for Ninty's struggling third-party support I suppose, but I am not really into their games very much (BG&E2 would be great, though.)

Moltenix

Ey8kc7a.png

Would you like to see more tracks based on other Nintendo franchises (besides Mario) in Mario Kart Switch?

Let's just rebrand to Nintendo Kart or something while we're at it. After getting the non-Mario DLC characters in 8, there's no going back. Make this the Smash Bros of kart racing. All the track possibilities!

Javier

On the Mario Kart question, I definitely want Inkling as a racer (hopefully with different color palettes like Yoshi and Shy Guy) and a Splatoon race track. Personal pick would be Camp Triggerfish, but we'll likely get Inkopolis or something based on a stage from Campaign mode.

jnWake

A Pikmin track could be really good. Olimar as a racer too of course on a vehicle based on his spaceship.

Also a Metroid one and add a Galactic Federation trooper as a racer
and Morph Ball Samus as the kart

HylianTom

Banned
Give me a Zelda track that starts in the Light World and crosses into & out of the Dark World.

On the first lap, as you enter the Dark World, have all of the racers turn into their twisted Dark World counterparts. Link would turn into Bunny Link, etc etc.

Then, in Laps 2 and 3, hide a few Moon Pearls around the Light World portion of the course before the crossover back into the Dark World. If you found a Moon Pearl, you get to use your items (your Dark World version can't!) and your kart goes a tiny bit faster than your Dark World version.

Kaze Kyou

Sorry if this has been answered before, but will we be able to get a second Switch unit for local multiplayer, or will it be like the Wii U where only one main controller could be used at the same time?

Would be so freaking insanely awesome if I could play with my wife some online Splatoon!

So hyped for this machine. Wii U's the only Nintendo console that I've skipped, so I'm ready to jump back in!

Ey8kc7a.png

Yeah for sure, especially DLC tracks. A great way to market upcoming games, and also we get a good bit of fan service in return. Probably creatively fun to do for Developers too.

Bluth54

Sorry if this has been answered before, but will we be able to get a second Switch unit for local multiplayer, or will it be like the Wii U where only one main controller could be used at the same time?

Would be so freaking insanely awesome if I could play with my wife some online Splatoon!

So hyped for this machine. Wii U's the only Nintendo console that I've skipped, so I'm ready to jump back in!

The trailer shows the Switch playing games connecting to each other over wireless but my guess each Switch will need a copy of the game to play together, you probably wont having something like Mario Kart DS where you can play some of the game with just one cart and multiple DSs.

I'm sure you'll be able to connect multiple controllers to the Switch for local multiplayer.

Roo

Well...

We have also heard that the current plan is for the more expensive Switch SKU (stock keeping unit) to come bundled with a new version of Splatoon. A big part of the push for this will be a 1 vs 1 mode where two players on separate Switches can fight over a map, switching their weapon of choice at will mid-game.

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/...launch-splatoon-pack-in-no-march-wii-u-zelda/

LAN parties most likely will be a thing for Switch but LAN (and) online at the same time we still don't know. I honestly don't see any reason to not to.

stalker

I guess you should be able in 3DS fashion, some games requiring multiple cards and some games working via local sharing.

The fact that if you buy two or more Switch you get the whole thing is a weak point of the proposal in my view. Maybe if there is a portable only Switch in the future...

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It would be interesing.

Nintendo games have a rabid fanbase, Ubisoft being in the saddle would make sense.

Rabbids riding Yoshis? That's one sexy game.
sorry

So Gamexplain did oversold it. Too bad.

I wonder now what kind of game could this be? A party game? A 3d platformer? Adventure? I surely hope that not some 2d thing.

Taker666

Here's where I see the relation; both Yoshi and Rabbids are infinite in numbers. Also honestly, what other Nintendo IP even works with Rabbids if you could pick one?

Not that Yoshi would be a pick, but it's not that bad of an idea, I just hope it's a 3D platformer (preferably more Mario 64 than Rabbids Go Home) rather than a party game.

Pikmin? You could have a Rabbids vs Pikmin game (with Pikmin gameplay).

Pikmin spend their time trying to find and fix stuff...Rabbids spend their time trying to steal /destroy your stuff. Rabbids would sort of act as 'Gremlins' in the game.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Here's where I see the relation; both Yoshi and Rabbids are infinite in numbers. Also honestly, what other Nintendo IP even works with Rabbids if you could pick one?

Toads? Nabbit? Anything from Mushroom Kingdom practically. Animal Crossing? Pikmin as Taker666 said.

Who wants Yoshi X Rabbids?

I'm sorry, but that sounds like it'll be some garbage. Is this what we've waited for? Some Yoshi X Rabbids game? Nobody wants that.

I'm so disappointed right now if that's the crossover game. I can see Gamexplain saying it's weird, but that's nothing to get excited about.

This.

Peru

Yoshi Rabbids would be crap but I guess it's the Ubisoft party game quota so not a big loss in that case.

Baleoce

With Nvidia being partners with regards to chip manufacturing for the switch, and obviously 'share play' being a defining feature of this generation, do we think it's likely that there'll be some level of software integration from nvidia as well, specifically with regards to shadow play / streaming of gameplay?

oti

Banned
Maybe it's an army of Rabbid's vs. an army of Yoshi's trying to conquer each other's castles. Like Clash Royale.

deleted

I hope we get Samus, Fox, Pikachu and Kirby to represent in Mario Kart, just to have the core Smash Bros gang in there. That with a good Battle mode will make this game so much better than it already is.

I'd love to be able to buy additional Mario Kart DLC over the first year or so, the last one was hugely succesful for Nintendo and for me too. Loved every addition they made to the game.

ramparter

Banned
If course it's not answered, the only official info so far is the trailer we got. Though you should knw that contrary to Wii U, the Switch is the console, not just a controller with a screen. So even if it was sold without the dock and anything extra, it wouldnt make a big diferrence in price.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/...ds-mario-crossover-rpg-for-switch-launch-day/

According to both of our sources at Ubisoft and Nintendo, on the day the Switch launches, it’ll launch alongside a new Ubisoft-developed turn based RPG, with the name suggesting it will be a crossover of the Raving Rabbids and Mario series.
The game, whose formal title has not yet been confirmed but is currently under the working title “Mario RPG: Invasion of the Rabbids”, is being developed under the watchful monitoring of Nintendo, ensuring that it both hits launch day and that it conforms to Nintendo’s own internal specifications for how Mario characters and iconography should be presented.

So a RPG. Hmm, might be interesting.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
RE: Mario Kart Question

The guest tracks are nice surprises, but shouldn't be overdone. Also, I like that some are tied to characters (Zelda & Animal Crossing) while others aren't (Excite Bike & F-Zero) leading to a nice blend of possibilities. I know Egg Cup broke this rule, but I think one per cup would be perfect.

Dream track: Unirally/Uniracer, if only because it would never happen as it's an abandoned series. The anti grav mechanic would capture all the crazy track designs that game had.

Plum

Cuningas de Häme;224884182 said:
And Eurogamer tells us that Pokemon Stars is coming too. That's the one the one guy said that is pretty easy to guess, I guess.

Still pretty huge. A console HD Pokemon and a handheld HD Pokemon in one game? This is going to sell so many Switches.

I have a feeling that Nintendo intends to grab the industry by the balls(/insert female correspondent if you prefer) again. They are not messing around if all these game rumours are true.

This needs some kind of Samuel L. Jackson gif or something. Would settle for Bruce Willis too. Or both if possible, like Die Hard 3. Great movie.

This kind of launch year madness, has it happened ever before?

For the MK question, lots and lots of tracks based on different IPs. It would be fun to have one based on Wii Sports golf course or something, with golf carts and all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom