• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordKano

I think you mis-read my post. My point was that if "Pikmin 4" were just the 2D 3DS game, I think it would have been released long ago based on those quotes from Miyamoto. I agree that Pikmin 4 (the mainline game) was probably planned for Wii-U and got moved to Switch.

Ah right ! I read too fast. I agree with you.

Oersted

I'm not sure either. According to Miyamoto, Pikmin 4 has been "almost done" for quite some time now. If he was referring to the 3DS title this whole time, why would they wait over a year from when he said that?

https://www.gamnesia.com/news/rumor...-pokemon-pikmin-4-a-new-ip-and-a-retro-studio

I don't remember any rumors on esports?

What were they?

https://pvplive.net/c/nintendo-investing-into-esports-platforms

Not sure how reliable they are and its probably just speculation based on the reveal video, but given it was a huge chunk of the reveal video, I wouldn't bet against it.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I hope everybody who still thinks that Nintendo should hold off on the games releasing after June as E3 surprises had a good look at this thread today to see the reactions that kind of strategy would bring. And that's not limited to GAF. Some media outlets will also jump on that bandwagon if that would happen. And at least one Forbes contributor. Plus the "mobile is the future" analysts and investors.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
The Switch is the reincarnation of the Vita, now as a first platform.
"The PSP Switch will elevate portable entertainment out of the handheld gaming ghetto and Sony Nintendo is the only company that can do it. Dare I say, the baton has been passed." -Kaz Hirai, CEO of Sony

Even Sony is behind the Switch!

Plum

Hope we can quote this in a year or two saying: "Damn right he was!"

It's either that or another 4 years of "unprecedented partnership" memes and apparently constant doom for Nintendo.

To be honest I want it to succeed just so people can stop being so damn cynical about the entire company. It gets tiring after a while.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
It's either that or another 4 years of "unprecedented partnership" memes and apparently constant doom for Nintendo.

To be honest I want it to succeed just so people can stop being so damn cynical about the entire company. It gets tiring after a while.
Hahaha, they will never stop trolling Nintendo no matter what. Even the Wii at it's apex got shit for being underpowered. It'll probably happen with the Switch even if it's successful.

i waiting to pull the trigger on the switch , i loved mario kart 8, smash , bayonneta 2, super mario 3d world , zelda wind waker, i didnt play splatoon :(, but want to see wich remaster gonna be on the switch so i can trade my wii u for it.

Some on the feature i want for the switch
-r able to send them msg picture small video to friend
-keep miiverse
-able to stream
-like the wii u able to plug a external hdd
-able to bring some of the game i bought on the wii u(virtual console) over the switch
-Better online and voice chat
-keep online free

Neoxon

i waiting to pull the trigger on the switch , i loved mario kart 8, smash , bayonneta 2, super mario 3d world , zelda wind waker, i didnt play splatoon :(, but want to see wich remaster gonna be on the switch so i can trade my wii u for it.

Some on the feature i want for the switch
-remove the friend code, able to send them msg picture
-keep miiverse
-able to stream
-like the wii u able to plug a external hdd
-able to bring some of the game i bought on the wii u(virtual console) over the switch
-Better online and voice chat
-keep online free
Friend Codes have been gone since the Wii U.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I'd like to comment on the 'The ”Do not believe that Dev Kit image" Tweet' segment.

Devkits seldom look like final hw. And this kit looks extremely like the final hw. So much that all slots and openings on the actual unit as seen in the promo actually match. Not only that, but the Joy-con sides match as well, down to the little side carving at the top of the joy-con connection surfaces - the connection surfaces themselves are covered with some sort of cover, standing in for the joy-cons. So whoever has produced that image has undoubtedly seen the original Switch. I have zero doubt in that.

The question is, if that is not the devkit, what is it then? And there's a very simple answer to that: it's a debug/QA unit. Here's how the corresponding wiiU unit looked: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731308

Oregano

I'd be careful about assuming Vita devs will jump head first on to Switch guys. I'd say life is going to be difficult for any Japanese console developer who ignores it but some will probably try.

I hope everybody who still thinks that Nintendo should hold off on the games releasing after June as E3 surprises had a good look at this thread today to see the reactions that kind of strategy would bring. And that's not limited to GAF. Some media outlets will also jump on that bandwagon if that would happen. And at least one Forbes contributor. Plus the "mobile is the future" analysts and investors.
Refresh me, been gone for 3-4 hours.

AdanVC

Same. Very tiring at this point. Also, Nintendo desserves some kind of success into console market again. Nintendo Switch seems to be a spot on product wich so far has sing all the right notes. Hope the event in the upcoming days can secure this even more.

I'd like to comment on the 'The “Do not believe that Dev Kit image” Tweet' segment.

Devkits seldom look like final hw. And this kit looks extremely like the final hw. So much that all slots and openings on the actual unit as seen in the promo actually match. Not only that, but the Joy-con sides match as well, down to the little side carving at the top of the joy-con connection surfaces - the connection surfaces themselves are covered with some sort of cover, standing in for the joy-cons. So whoever has produced that image has undoubtedly seen the original Switch. I have zero doubt in that.

The question is, if that is not the devkit, what is it then? And there's a very simple answer to that: it's a debug/QA unit. Here's how the corresponding wiiU unit looked: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731308

It's a dev kit.

Neoxon

I'm not saying that they should, being transparent about the Switch's Year 1 line-up next week could prove beneficial in the long-run as far as hype-building goes. The main concern would be if companies like The Pokémon Company would want to share the spotlight & potential cut down Sun/Moon's legs to hype up Pokémon Stars sooner. As I've mentioned before, there's pros & cons to both scenarios, and I could see it playing out either way.

OryoN

Saw Nintendo Switch posters in my local Gamestop today(same promotional images we had for weeks). I knew they were starting to go out, but I didn't expect to see them in my area so soon. I'm in Brooklyn btw. Getting hyped....

Same. Very tiring at this point. Also, Nintendo desserves some kind of success into console market again. Nintendo Switch seems to be a spot on product wich so far has sing all the right notes. Hope the event in the upcoming days can secure this even more.

Yep yep! I really want to see the Switch take off and so far it seems like Nintendo is hitting all the right notes. Software and marketing will make or break them here, and they seem to have a strong effort on both fronts thus far.

I said reincarnation. The spirit of the Vita has taken a new, better shape in the realm of Nintendo.

Which could be taken a few ways. That statement unto itself doesn't suggest you were referring to it in a positive way, especially since I wasn't previously aware of your sentiments concerning the Vita.

18-Volt

I'd be careful about assuming Vita devs will jump head first on to Switch guys. I'd say life is going to be difficult for any Japanese console developer who ignores it but some will probably try.

Many Vita developers have already chosen to ignore. That initial partner list was missing some important Vita devs like Acquire, Kadokawa, Idea Factory/Compile Heart, Falcom, Gust, 5pb... Most of those guys tried to create something for 3DS but wasn't happy with results, I can understand if they choose not to make games for Switch at all. They're happy with PS4 and Vita.

jwillenn

keep the miis but please get rid of the easy listening music. Put some retro pseud 80s chiptune and dark menus!!!

Even better, let us set bgm for all the menus. Choose from all the eShop music, all old system menu music (GC, Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS), your audio files from other devices, and more.

Oregano

Many Vita developers have already chosen to ignore. That initial partner list was missing some important Vita devs like Acquire, Kadokawa, Idea Factory/Compile Heart, Falcom, Gust, 5pb... Most of those guys tried to create something for 3DS but wasn't happy with results, I can understand if they choose not to make games for Switch at all. They're happy with PS4 and Vita.

Vita's time is limited and most of those developers never touched 3DS.

Splatoon is clearly a sequel from the footage and not an enchanced port.

just rewatched the footage and i agree, everything they show is new. they redid the spawn animation and have new looking spawn points, showed a new map instead of an old one like they did with MK.
if this is not a sequel i would be surprised. i don't think we would be even thinking about this being a port if we didn't have leakers claiming that it is one.

gameXplain agrees:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQqIA4hpPxI&feature=youtu.be&t=146

oti

Banned
With that share button on the Switch we're pretty confident it'll have miiverse? I really hope it has miiverse.

Just give me fast sharing on Twitter. I don't really care about Miiverse unless that's crazy fast and convenient. But even then, I don't care about my friends on PS4, Xbox or Steam either.

Roo

With that share button on the Switch we're pretty confident it'll have miiverse? I really hope it has miiverse.
Miiverse has been one of the most popular features from Wii U so I assume that's pretty much a given.
Can you respond to your Metroid tweet lol

Is it coming?
He's been avoiding to answer that since yesterday lol

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

NSESN

I will buy Persona on PS4 regardless, but if they don't port the game to switch they will lose the chance of me double dipping.
One of many factors i liked golden was because it was portable.

-shadow-

Miiverse gone? That'd be stupid, it's the only good thing about the WiiU that they have that would be great moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom