• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please Game Informer, tomorrow let me wake up to a leaked Breath of the Wild / Switch release date...

I dunno if I would hold my breath on that one... It's seeming very likely that we'll get at BoTW cover story, but the rumors say BoTW is there at launch for Switch. Not sure Nintendo would give GI the exclusive on the Switch release date a week before their big event.

Apparently PushDustIn of Source Gaming also heard that Miiverse was gone. That said, NWPlayer123 is saying that it could be replaced with something similar.

I'd be all for integrating Miiverse into Miitomo in some way. They clearly want Miitomo to stick around, so I don't see why they'd keep the two separate.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Who, in your opinion, should lead the Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017?

presentationleads2sd1.png

I would assume most of them will be there regardless, but who should be the main presenter?

STGHMAAV

Banned
Rösti;227605716 said:

I would assume most of them will be there regardless, but who should be the main presenter?

Kimishima + Bill Trinen

Neoxon

Rösti;227605716 said:

I'd have to go with Reggie. With Iwata's unfortunate passing (;_;), Reggie is Nintendo's next best bet at building hype on-stage. Though seeing as this is being done by the Japanese branch, I'm not sure if they'll bring any NoA guys over for the presentation. That said, I could easily see Bill Trinen dubbing over the Japanese speakers for the English stream. Kimishima is more of an X-Factor, as we don't know how good of a presenter he is.

Rösti;227605716 said:

Non specific action figure.

I say Bill with Miyamoto

Hieberrr

Rösti;227605716 said:

Drake. Make him Nintendo's Global Videogame Ambassador (similar to what the Raptors did).

-shadow-

Rösti;227605716 said:

Kimi for the introduction and then mix and match with whoever for what's the best at that time. Would be great seeing them all on stage at the same time. And add Shibata, that guy is awesome!

Non specific action figure.

WHY WASN'T HE INCLUDED IN SMASH!?

Rösti;227605716 said:

should?
With Iwata gone Shibata is the coolest guy they have left, so him.

KingBroly

Banned
Rösti;227605716 said:

Grand Master - Kimishima

Presenter A - Miyamoto

Presenter B - Eguchi

Presenter C - MYSTERY GUEST

Sealtest

Rösti;227605716 said:

I feel like this would be the best time for Kimishima to make his grand entrance to all of the Nintendo fans.

Philippo

I dunno if I would hold my breath on that one... It's seeming very likely that we'll get at BoTW cover story, but the rumors say BoTW is there at launch for Switch. Not sure Nintendo would give GI the exclusive on the Switch release date a week before their big event..

Sure, but it would be equally dumb to give GI the cover story for a game that release in two months and not have that info in the article.
Plus as LKD said, most magazines have already received their material from next week's event, in order to prepare their issues in time.

Sure, but it would be equally dumb to give GI the cover story for a game that release in two months and not have that info in the article.
Plus as LKD said, most magazines have already received their material from next week's event, in order to prepare their issues in time.

I would agree with you here, but Game Informer puts out the digital magazine the same day they reveal the cover. You do need information ahead of time for print magazines, but that doesn't mean they'd spill the beans via the digital version first. At best, they could grab an exclusive and say that Zelda is out in March, but I'll be amazed if we get a hard date.

brad-t

Trinen. He has been more and more in the public eye lately and I just really like listening to him talk about games. His passion is really genuine.

That said I think they could do the whole thing without a "leading" host. But I expect it to be Reggie.

I personally find Reggie to be boring. He can get the job done but he sounds like a robot at times.

I like him better when he doesn't need to be so serious.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Rösti;227605716 said:

Bring back Cammie Dunnaway

sammex

I'd much rather have sharing be pushed to Twitter or Facebook. I don't need a Nintendo social network so this is good

Why not both? The good thing about miiverse was the individual game communities. Using a hashtag isn't really the same.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I think SSB Switch might not be presented next week beyond maybe a teaser. It kind of feels to be the perfect game to hold up for E3 without losing too much in the quality of the January event.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
I think SSB Switch might not be presented next week beyond maybe a teaser. It kind of feels to be the perfect game to hold up for E3 without losing too much in the quality of the January event.
If the two new characters rumor is true I could see them releasing a trailer with one character and saving an e3 trailer for the last (assuming Smash for Switch doesn't release before e3).

Anth0ny

Rösti;227605716 said:

pewdiepie

get as many eyeballs as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom