• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoke1863

btw the Stand in the Nintendo official carry case is way better than the actual kick stand :p

I played two player Snipperclips with my Girlfriend with the switch on my knee.

In terms of games with realistic graphics. Do we have an idea of what kind of level Switch will be able to pull off? It's more powerful than ps360 right?

It will probably be capable of better effects and resolution than ps3/360 but I wouldn't expect anything to be leaps and bounds above those systems.

Like you might have better shaders and lighting effects than you would on those systems, but not on the level of ps4 titles.

woopWOOP

Is there any video of the Switch's Mii Maker?
Saw images of there being way more hair colours and read something about there being more possibilities. Would like to have a nice overview of what has changed from the WiiU version

Megasoum

Banned
I'm getting an error code 2801-7199 when trying to post screenshots to Facebook.

Twitter is working fine.

Anybody seen that?

Edit: Hmm ok I unlinked and re-did the procedure and it'S working now.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
I played snipperclips today at a jazz cafe with a friend. I felt like I was in a commercial and it was amazing.

linkboy

Not sue if this been ask but if i live in Canada would i be able to buy things off the US eshop at the US prices?

You have two options.

A) Create an account that's US based and you can buy games from the US store. However, if you remove that account, you can't use the games.

B) Log onto accounts.nintendo.com and change the region of your account to the US. However, doing so will unlink your Nintendo Network account and remove any funds you have stored.

kubev

Anybody else have an issue with the Switch and needing to constantly adjust the screen size displayed on the TV? I select 100%, next time I boot it up, 100% doesn't fit anymore, so then I need to go down to 96%. Next time I boot it up, 96% isn't enough, and I have to go back up to 100%.

Why do I have to keep adjusting the screen size every time I put the colsole back in the dock? Sometimes it needs to be 100% and then it'll need to be 96% next time I undock/dock it.

Weird I docked the system just now and I have to manually adjust the screen size. It was fine at 100% yesterday, now it wants to be around 96%

I'm having this same issue, but I haven't been taking the Switch out of the dock at all. I've noticed that my TV automatically switches inputs (to the Switch) when I'm not home or when I'm asleep, so I wonder if the Switch is turning on while it's in Sleep Mode and doing something that makes the TV think it's being unplugged and plugged back in.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Very cool. My HP Spectre X360 charging cable works with the Switch. That means I will only have to carry one cable with me on the go :)

linkboy

Very cool. My HP Spectre X360 charging cable works with the Switch. That means I will only have to carry one cable with me on the go :)

I have the dual-port Google charger that I bought after I got my 6P and it works with my Switch. Having the ability to charge my Switch and phone at the same time is fantastic.

I also like the fact that the USB cable that came with the Pro Controller supports data and I can use it with my 6P (I've been meaning to pick up a USB-C to A cable for a while, just kept putting it off).

exfatal

You have two options.

A) Create an account that's US based and you can buy games from the US store. However, if you remove that account, you can't use the games.

B) Log onto accounts.nintendo.com and change the region of your account to the US. However, doing so will unlink your Nintendo Network account and remove any funds you have stored.

Alright thanks alot for the reply, i ended up doing that but my visa debit sint working since i have postal code not a zip code. Can i buy a nintendo eshop card from Canada and use on the american eshop?

unrealist

If I change my US account to JP to get Disgaea 5 or Setsuna, then swap back to US again, will the digital download disappear from the library in future (i.e. cannot redownload)?

I'm using a kinivo HDMI splitter and it seems that whenever I am using a different source the switch is constantly causing it to switch inputs...

Why? How do I fix it?

Does anyone have two switches? Can you log in on a second one and restore your digital purchases or is it locked down like previous Nintendo consoles?

It looks like saves can't be transferred or backed up at all?

linkboy

Alright thanks alot for the reply, i ended up doing that but my visa debit sint working since i have postal code not a zip code. Can i buy a nintendo eshop card from Canada and use on the american eshop?

No, since it's a different currency.

If I change my US account to JP to get Disgaea 5 or Setsuna, then swap back to US again, will the digital download disappear from the library in future (i.e. cannot redownload)?

It shouldn't (I used the Mexican eshop to get Shovel Knight for $12). To re-download it, you should just have to change your account back to that region and re-download the game.

gt86

Does anyone have two switches? Can you log in on a second one and restore your digital purchases or is it locked down like previous Nintendo consoles?

It looks like saves can't be transferred or backed up at all?

I'm sure I read saves can't be backed up or transferred yet. Hope they fix this.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Anyone grab FAST - RMX? The videos I've watched make it looks super cool but there's not much in-depth info.

I know its 60fps 720/1080 but how are its legs? Kinda looks a little too mobile gamey for my tastes.

I'm using a kinivo HDMI splitter and it seems that whenever I am using a different source the switch is constantly causing it to switch inputs...

Why? How do I fix it?

I had the same problem with my Samsung TV with it jumping to the Switch input even when it's in sleep mode.

I will note that today, since I've kept the JoyCons unattached to the system, that I've yet to have that happen. No idea if that's making a difference or if it's just dumb luck. (EDIT: Shortly after posting this, it did the source switch again.)

So, somewhat dumb question - if I get a USB-C to USB-A cord, I can use any old USB plug lying around to charge, right?

gt86

Anyone grab FAST - RMX? The videos I've watched make it looks super cool but there's not much in-depth info.

I know its 60fps 720/1080 but how are its legs? Kinda looks a little too mobile gamey for my tastes.

Bought it yesterday, super fun, it's awesome to play split screen. I am definitely impressed the download was less than 900mb. I would say you could unlock most of the game in a few hours. Worth $20 imo

epmode

My Switch is three feet away from my router and its wifi connection is awful. ~7 mbps down, 1 mbps up. It can't even stream the Mario Odyssey trailer without stuttering.

exfatal

No, since it's a different currency.

It shouldn't (I used the Mexican eshop to get Shovel Knight for $12). To re-download it, you should just have to change your account back to that region and re-download the game.

Ah thanks for the info guess i gotta deal with those Canadian prices :(

Has anyone tried this trick yet?

2rsqlp2njhjy.jpg

linkboy

All of Shinen's racing games have been amazing.

bumpkin

I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but I put in a MicroSD card after already downloading Snipperclips, and it doesn't seem to give me any sort of option to move it to the card. Does the system ask you where you want to install it - system memory or SD - when you first download a game?

I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but I put in a MicroSD card after already downloading Snipperclips, and it doesn't seem to give me any sort of option to move it to the card. Does the system ask you where you want to install it - system memory or SD - when you first download a game?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't give you a choice but it will automatically install games to the SD card unless there isn't enough space.

The system will automatically install it on an SD card if present, I was in your exact situation. I just archive deleted it and let it redownload onto the SD.

Lexxism

It will automatically download the software to the SD card if you have one.

Sweet. Thank you.

No problem...actually that was one question when I got my switch that no one could answer. Figured what the hell and try it out. So, I bought a 50 dollar card and bought Fast RMX & Shovel Knight and it worked.

Also, when it asked me to merge accounts (3ds & switch), I did select OK that there was no problems in case you were wondering about that.

Hawk269

Networking Help:

When I got my switch, I connected it Wireless since Nintendo could not be bothered to put an Ethernet port...anyways, connected full bars to my 5ghz connection, Router is actually about 1.5 away from the Switch. Was able to download the day 1 system update in about a minute, same with the Zelda patch, was pretty damn fast. So today I decided to do the system network test and it is saying my Nat type is "D". But other times when I have done the test it has said "A", then another time "B", but mainly "D". Also it says my download speed is averaging around 8-10 down...but I have a 200 down internet package. My PC, Laptop, Xbox One & PS4 all report speeds from 180 to 210 down no issues, but the Switch is averaging about 8-10 down.

Anyone else experiencing issues like this? Again, when I downloaded the patch it did it very fast and also downloaded the demo for puzzle game pretty quick.

I today went to Best Buy and bought a Lan USB adapter, but it did not work. Even connected it to the Xbox One and it must be a defective unit since it did not work on the One or Switch. Does anyone know if Nintendo makes a Lan USB adapter?

Anyone able to help/make suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom