• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 Thread: Joy-Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
PV5zV1T.jpg

lmao

Tell that to Kinda funny games, and Giant Bomb who ripped that apart. Even Austim walker had some things to say about it. Everyone is in agreement Zelda looks fucking amazing. But that conference was a train wreck, and the failed to really nail showing off the system.

Wait which negative Austin tweets are you talking about

Just watched it since I couldn't catch it live. Besides Mario, SMT, and Zelda, that was ridiculously disappointing. All the interesting 3rd party titles were revealed so early that the devs just name dropped them to drum up hype for the Switch. It's gonna be a long time til I get a Switch.

Also, Zelda's launch trailer made that game shoot up my most anticipated list by like a billion, which sucks I'd rather play it on Switch instead of Wii U.

Holy shit, the pro controller is $70?? Missed that piece, what in the fuck. The pricing on everything is awful.

Regarding the conference itself, I actually thought it was well presented, but the problem being there wasn't much to present. The best looking stuff outside of Zelda is either extremely early, or for late this year. The lineup itself both at launch and beyond looks incredibly anemic. This was all stuff I had concerns about going in, but I think overall this whole thing is even worse than expected. The online stuff is paid and already seems like a disaster, bad announced linuep for this year, overpriced along with overpriced accessories...Nintendo does it again.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when Nintendo execs come up with this shit.

Aretak

It sure looks like a Nintendo-ass Nintendo console. Pretty much literally a "portable" Wii U. I'm sure their fanbase will get a lot out of it as always, but I just don't see how it's going to appeal to a wider audience any more than the Wii U did. As somebody who hasn't had an interest in a Nintendo home console since the GameCube, but has been a happy DS and 3DS (and DS Lite and New 3DS) owner, this is very much falling into the former category for me. I don't want to carry around a $300 tablet-sized device just for playing games on.

celljean89

Neo Member
I think it's best to buy the Switch at the end of the year. More games will be out by then, I probably can get a deal, maybe a bundle, or maybe I could buy a used one. I'm assuming at E3, Nintendo will show more games, but I think the presentation was okay. I expected $300 for the Switch, I'm not surprise.

dickroach

The Wii U was overpriced and failed because of pricey unnecessary tech that they forgot about immediately DID NOT UTILIZE. like AT ALL.
+ now the Switch is overpriced because of some unnecessary tech that they will forget about immediately.

Nintendo are so fucking stupid sometimes (a lot of the time).

pre-ordered at Best buy

LordKano

Tell that to Kinda funny games, and Giant Bomb who ripped that apart. Even Austim walker had some things to say about it. Everyone is in agreement Zelda looks fucking amazing. But that conference was a train wreck, and the failed to really nail showing off the system.

Dunno, me and my friends who were watching this thought that, apart from the price and the online, was a cool show.

I guess we'll see what's up on March 3rd.

Apathy

Holy shit, the pro controller is $70?? Missed that piece, what in the fuck. The pricing on everything is awful.

Regarding the conference itself, I actually thought it was well presented, but the problem being there wasn't much to present. The best looking stuff outside of Zelda is either extremely early, or for late this year. The lineup itself both at launch and beyond looks incredibly anemic. This was all stuff I had concerns about going in, but I think overall this whole thing is even worse than expected. The online stuff is paid and already seems like a disaster, bad announced linuep for this year, overpriced along with overpriced accessories...Nintendo does it again.

If you think thats bad, individually the joy controller things are $50 or both for $80. Have fun if you lose those things

The Wii U was overpriced and failed because of pricey unnecessary tech that they forgot about immediately DID NOT UTILIZE. like AT ALL.
+ now the Switch is overpriced because of some unnecessary tech that they will forget about immediately.

pre-ordered at Best buy

but bruh you can shake ice cubes

Copenap

Oh boy, haven't seen the whole conference yet but from reading twitter Nintendo seems to have fucked up bad... Price, paid online (yes it's common but Nintendos only service is also the worst if all 3).

Sorry for being so negative but I already fear this will go in the WiiU direction. Now off to watching the whole thing.

Dyle

A mixture of good and bad. Hopefully the treehouse stuff tomorrow clears up questions about pricing and dates.

+ Joy-cons look seriously impressive, easily giving the Oculus touch/ Vive controllers a run for their money.
+Zelda looks incredible, I might end up getting the Switch at launch just so I don't need to double dip.
+Mario and Splat2n look very good and should fill out the year well.
+1,2, Switch and Arms look like solid titles that will fill out the launch window decently and provide solid
+Other games announced all look quite promising
+Price is what I expected, although extras seem a bit too expensive

-Poor messaging about what exactly is available at launch, at the end when they detailed everything in the box I expected them to say exactly when everything was launching.
-Pricing messaging is also confusing, on the website 1,2, Switch does not have a price associated with it, will it be packed in? Also Arms looks more like a $40 tier title, and what is the price for Mario Kart?
-Mario Kart coming later and not having new race courses is a real bummer, and it concerns me how the game's item balance will work for racing by allowing players to hold two items.
-Disappointed they didn't talk about system level features and UI, how could you mention the share button but now talk about where that screenshot/video goes? Is Miiverse still around?
-Streetpass?!? There's no way they drop the best feature of the 3ds right?
-No details for virtual console and no mention of 3ds/mobile ports of f2p stuff like Pokemon Shuffle
-Paid online without detailing price and features

Overall the lineup isn't that bad, it's just that the way Nintendo has explained everything is awful and raises more questions than answers. I'll probably pre-order one if these questions get ironed out before March, but we'll see.

Anarky

Banned
Pros: Super bomberman, Zelda at launch, Super Mario Odyssey, ARMS, Xenoblade 2, Confirmation of SMT V and NMH3, Project Octopath, Splatoon 2.

Cons: Paid online, pacing was kind of off, No talk of VC, beginning was way too slow and it sort of started to taper off at the end, needed more 3rd party.

All in all I'd give it hmm a 6.

Most people on Twitter are happy with what they saw, the only big negative comments I'm seeing are from here.

This is absolutely not true. Not for the NOA twitter account anyway. Which I wouldn't even visit btw if you have kids nearby. Because some people are also posting lots of furry hentai atm.

And how, just how, did they manage to end up with a launch lineup so terrible? They've put out nothing, just fucking nothing, for the Wii U for the past year and change. I thought for sure that meant the Switch's lineup would be killer. What the fuck have they been doing!?

Oh boy, haven't seen the whole conference yet but from reading twitter Nintendo seems to have fucked up bad... Price, paid online (yes it's common but Nintendos only service is also the worst if all 3).

Sorry for being so negative but I already fear this will go in the WiiU direction. Now off to watching the whole thing.

Prepare yourself for a lot of guys standing there saying, "We have no games to show but we might make some. Sometimes we have one picture of a character to show."

Also, at the end you will be saying...

"MAN, WHAT GAMES?"

FIFA and Skyrim

Expected. Though I see Steep is releasing for it as well.
Ubi always a given to support a new Nintendo platform so hardly surprising.

they had random japanese developers come on stage and say "someday maybe, we will make a game for this console. Thank you for your time"

Ha, No please be excited as well?

A slide with the fifa logo.

Expected.

You might want to go back to sleep

Lol I wish, I'm going to work now :p

The Lamp

I can't blame Nintendo for charging for online if they do a good job with it.

But it signals to me that they don't know what they're doing with it because it is not even ready for launch wtf.

They spent so long preparing for the launch of this console and the online isn't even ready. Does this company still know how to make its products? Did everything fall apart after Iwata or something? This is really amateur stuff.

Toxi

Banned
North American Switch Lineup according to Nintendo: http://www.nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#filter/switch
March 2017
Zelda: BotW (+Special/Master editions) $59.99/$99.99/$129.99
1, 2, Switch $49.99
I Am Setsuna
Has Been Heroes
Just Dance 2017
Snipperclips - Cut it out, together! $19.99
Super Bomberman R

April 28, 2017
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe $59.99

Spring 2017
Arms $59.99
Lego City Undercover
Sonic Mania

Summer 2017
Splatoon 2

Fall 2017
Skyrim
NBA 2k18 (September)

Holiday 2017
Super Mario Odyssey

Project Sonic 2017

TBD
Arcade Archives
FIFA
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
Disgaea 5 Complete
Dragonball Z Xenoverse 2
Farming Simulator
Fast RMX (that F-zero lookalike from the sizzle)
Fire Emblem Warriors
Minecraft Story Mode The complete adventure
Minecraft
Puyopuyo Tetris
Rayman Legends Definitive edition
Rime
Shin Megami Tensei
Skylanders Imaginators
Siberia 3
Steep

EDIT: Nintendo is editing information in real time.
ARMS IS FUCKING 60 DOLLARS

HOW

Vena

We had FGC club and watched this live with a group of ~50+.

Everyone came away pretty excited, and that Zelda trailer got everyone hyped right at the end but as VGC nerds everyone was talking about ARMS EVO 2017.

Seemed positive enough.

I feel this would be perfect to get during the Holiday season if Mario is truly coming during that time. Seems pointless to get this at launch if you have a Wii U and are willing to play Zelda on it.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Nintendo threw away a great opportunity..sigh

What they should have done was release a new portable, and then launch a modern console in November that run on the same OS.

Basically Nintendo failed to impress the PS4/console crowd and have potentially killed their portable market as well in the process.

If the switch fails, where the fuck do they go?

The thing that bugs me is that the Wii U went barren for like the last year. And this conference is all they had to show in terms of software?

Really, and totally seriously, where are the games?

NimbusD

pre-ordered at Best buy

lmfao yeah pretty much. Same here.

Im honestly glad motion is back... but Im realizing outside of a few launch games... it aint gonna be used, is it?

Hope indies go to town with it for some nice small experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom