• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch UI video from some guy [named hiphoptherobot]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Some pictures of internet setting, the screen that you get when you click on your profile pic in the top left corner of the homescreen and a picture if the screen capture editor.

and maybe a picture of my dog because he is being super cute and after a long day of answering questions he is helping keep me sane.

D'awwwww

I had a dream last night that I got my Switch early.

The disappointment hit me hard when I woke up and realized it was a dream. :(

2 more weeks though.

Oh dear that's rough. Reminds me of a dream I had as a kid that I got the Darkwing Duck GameBoy game, the dream was perfectly realistic, I put the cartridge in my system and the moment I turned the GameBoy on I woke up :(

I wish I had dreams like that, the only one from my childhood that I remember was one that an alien kept killing me over and over again and I couldn't wake up, even though I knew I was sleeping/dreaming.

Dinjoralo

Okay, I looked at what the Wi-Fi I was talking about was, it's PEAP. Like, it doesn't use a "portal" or whatever, it asks for a username and password on connecting with my phone or laptop through the usual Wi-Fi menu.

Berordn

Okay, I looked at what the Wi-Fi I was talking about was, it's PEAP. Like, it doesn't use a "portal" or whatever, it asks for a username and password on connecting with my phone or laptop through the usual Wi-Fi menu.

That'd be WPA2 Enterprise. Very different and unlikely to be supported. (But I'm not sure if that's been confirmed yet)

So surprised to see the eShop on there, does that mean all the stuff released on there can be downloaded or no?

This is the first time a Nintendo console looks so sleek... like, it doesn't look like a toy anymore. I know I'm going to get grilled for saying this, but it's a large reason I could never bring myself to own a GBA or a 3DS.

OCD Guy

This is the first time a Nintendo console looks so sleek... like, it doesn't look like a toy anymore. I know I'm going to get grilled for saying this, but it's a large reason I could never bring myself to own a GBA or a 3DS.

I know what you're saying, the only difference being it would never stop me from owning a device, but would certainly stop me taking it out in public.

The "look" is why I'm not interested in the Neon, it's almost toy like.

Before anyone jumps on me my comments aren't aimed to offend anyone, it's simply an opinion, and choice is always a good thing. I'm sure Nintendo will release joycons it lot's of different colours.

The nicest one for me personally is the dev unit though, would love that one.

What id like to know is if anything from 3DS or WiiU and Virtual Console are compatible, and if those titles still tied to existing systems can also be downloaded on the Switch while keeping those titles on the former console/s.

We currently have no idea on that one

Also: I just noticed that the OP lists Hiphoptherobot as "some guy" and not "NintendoGaf's lord and savior". Can a mod fix this please?

Lgndryhr

So many questions about the Switch I have, but I feel I will just wait for mine and read what he has to post along the journey. Curious if CND and Triforce will talk about this.

TheFuzz

The way I read that post I think he's asking if everything currently on the eshop (Wii U and 3DS games) can be downloaded day one on Switch.

Which would be a resounding no. But maybe I'm reading the question wrong.

I think he means the launch titles on the eshop, would they be available to download immediately? I would assume so.

The more important question is whether there is a VC section, if so, we assume there will be some day-1 downloads available.

Steiner

Banned
Did we ever talk about the unboxing video hiphop did for FloKO?

Did we ever talk about the fact that he pulls a charge grip from the box (it has the lights in the middle)? Did I see that wrong? Didn't we learn that the Switch does * not * come packaged with a charge grip?

Berordn

Did we ever talk about the unboxing video hiphop did for FloKO?

Did we ever talk about the fact that he pulls a charge grip from the box (it has the lights in the middle)? Did I see that wrong? Didn't we learn that the Switch does * not * come packaged with a charge grip?

That's a standard grip, there's no USB port. The "lights" just pipe the player indicator from the joycon itself.

Peltz

So surprised to see the eShop on there, does that mean all the stuff released on there can be downloaded or no?

Answer to your question is no. 3DS and Wii U have separate eShops. Switch will also have its own separate eShop.

Was there an option to add an existing Nintendo Account that I missed? It seems to jump right in to creating a new one.

Edit: The vid seems to skip a lot during account creating so it's possible.

AdanVC

I know what you're saying, the only difference being it would never stop me from owning a device, but would certainly stop me taking it out in public.

The "look" is why I'm not interested in the Neon, it's almost toy like.

Before anyone jumps on me my comments aren't aimed to offend anyone, it's simply an opinion, and choice is always a good thing. I'm sure Nintendo will release joycons it lot's of different colours.

The nicest one for me personally is the dev unit though, would love that one.

Oh man now you put me to think because yeah, neon joycons look nice but they can be too distracting looking if you take it outside, gray version looks more appropiate for that purpose since it has a more discrete and elegant look, and I really want it to take outside but I currenly have the neon version preordered... Oh well, good thing they sell joycons separately.

Oh man now you put me to think because yeah, neon joycons look nice but they can be too distracting looking if you take it outside, gray version looks more appropiate for that purpose since it has a more discrete and elegant look, and I really want it to take outside but I currenly have the neon version preordered... Oh well, good thing they sell joycons separately.

That was the dilemma I faced upon seeing both versions for the first time. Honestly, I wouldn't care too much about using it in public as that kind of thing doesn't bother me. However, my wife would absolutely kill me if I bought the Neon version and docked it next to the TV. She's pretty big on interior design and that just wouldn't jive.

On the other hand, taking the neon version out in the public makes it more noticeable to onlookers, thus increasing awareness of the product and eventually increasing the sales so that third parties will feel more comfortable trying to port some AAA games to the console, after which the user base will grow even further.

So basically, by going with grey you would single handedly doom Nintendo. How dare you.

/s I'm going with grey because asymmetrical neon is too distracting to me too. I'll get an all blue pair at some point

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Oh dear that's rough. Reminds me of a dream I had as a kid that I got the Darkwing Duck GameBoy game, the dream was perfectly realistic, I put the cartridge in my system and the moment I turned the GameBoy on I woke up :(

I had a dream back in the early 90s that I got a SNES, and when I woke up I ran to the cabinet below the TV where my NES was and it was still just the NES.

That was the dilemma I faced upon seeing both versions for the first time. Honestly, I wouldn't care too much about using it in public as that kind of thing doesn't bother me. However, my wife would absolutely kill me if I bought the Neon version and docked it next to the TV. She's pretty big on interior design and that just wouldn't jive.

You gotta prioritize what's important.

Get a new wife

It's the very same reason I went black and grey. Neon can be for the additional controller.

One of the things I really wanted from the reveal was color options. I was happy when I sale the neon joycons the first time. It completely wouldn't bother me to play it in public. People's opinions don't really bother me that much. But then I do have a bright blue Vita and Hello Kitty plates on my 3DS.

Grylvak

I went to GameStop during my lunch and a Nintendo Rep was there showing the employees the Switch. I got to hold the Switch, and play 1, 2 Switch with the rep. My hype has never been higher.

The pro controller feels amazing, and the joy-cons in the grip feel just as good. I spent a good hour just talking with the rep about games and stuff.

I went to GameStop during my lunch and a Nintendo Rep was there showing the employees the Switch. I got to hold the Switch, and play 1, 2 Switch with the rep. My hype has never been higher.

The pro controller feels amazing, and the joy-cons in the grip feel just as good. I spent a good hour just talking with the rep about games and stuff.

Very nice.

I wish I had dreams like that, the only one from my childhood that I remember was one that an alien kept killing me over and over again and I couldn't wake up, even though I knew I was sleeping/dreaming.

Wow that's rough :(

I had a dream back in the early 90s that I got a SNES, and when I woke up I ran to the cabinet below the TV where my NES was and it was still just the NES.

Ugh that must have stung aswell, these dreams are plain mean :/

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Wii U had limited RGB output. Makes the image look more washed out which is kind of a bad thing since Nintendo's games rely so much on color
You got that wrong. A mismatch of full<->limited can get the image washed out or of squashed blacks, but a proper limited source & sink setup shows perfectly normal images. They just lose some definition from the shades of each color compared to full range, but that's about it.

Wasn't sure where to put this so I figured I'd throw it here. I keep seeing people (and media outlets) make a big deal about how Switch ties purchases to your account, not the system.

My question is whether or not I'm going crazy here! I just off-loaded my Wii-U and 3DS recently, so I'm fairly fresh on their functionality. It was my understanding that your purchases were already tied to your NNID (and your Nintendo Account if you link the two), but it was actually your NNID that gets tied to the console. Are people just referring to how both consoles behaved at launch?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Considering how this unexpected gift from some guy turned out to be, and given how it seemingly fits with the major developer leak, maybe this is the best place to discuss two aspects of the latter that I haven't seen discussed over here (correct me if I'm wrong) Reminder: this is all based on a specification list from July 15th, 2016. We already know some visual elements have been slightly altered from the older dev kits to the final version, so chances other specific aspects (including policies) have been modified / altered are present

A specific aspect of eShop

http://dystify.com/Features/contents/Pages/Page_107323151.html

NX specifications will not use region locks. As a result, it will be possible to play any downloadable software on any NX.
To sell downloadable software in multiple countries, however, you would need to configure the settings for each country because Nintendo eShop is administered at the country level.
Players can use Nintendo eShop for the country indicated by each player as a residence when adding the Nintendo Account. Players will then be able to purchase downloadable software and content sold in that country.

Friend list options

http://dystify.com/Features/contents/Pages/Page_107323155.html

The following options are available.

• Check the profiles and the presence of friends, set favorites, and delete friends.
  • Send, receive, accept, and delete friend requests.
  • Check the Player History.
  • Manage the blocked-user list.

Functionality is available for jumping to some of these features from within the application and for calling some of the involved processes. Using that functionality can reduce the implementation load for the UI and processing specific to friend features.
For more information about friend features, see Friends and Use From Applications within the Account Guide.

-shadow-

My question is whether or not I'm going crazy here! I just off-loaded my Wii-U and 3DS recently, so I'm fairly fresh on their functionality. It was my understanding that your purchases were already tied to your NNID (and your Nintendo Account if you link the two), but it was actually your NNID that gets tied to the console. Are people just referring to how both consoles behaved at launch?

People refuse to accept that calling Nintendo and having them unlink the account from your system is technically still an account system. It sucks, I'm not arguing that, but people love thinking that if the system dies everything is gone forever.

People refuse to accept that calling Nintendo and having them unlink the account from your system is technically still an account system. It sucks, I'm not arguing that, but people love thinking that if the system dies everything is gone forever.

Thanks for the confirmation! I had a feeling I wasn't crazy but just wanted confirmation!

Wasn't sure where to put this so I figured I'd throw it here. I keep seeing people (and media outlets) make a big deal about how Switch ties purchases to your account, not the system.

This is exactly how it worked, so Nintendo have actually had an account system since 2012. All purchases have been tracked and viewable since then.
The fact you can't sign in with this account on different hardware and redownload your purchases made it 'not a proper account' for many (which is pretty fair admittedly.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom