• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo switch UK price £279.99

Robin64

Cancelled the Grey one, nabbed a Neon one. Now to see if I can handle work today, given I have barely slept.

Hasney

I use parcel wizard instead (as it delivers to door), but why suddenly in a console restricted when they never have before.

Do you know if the PS4 Pro was? I know they've had some weird shipping restrictions of games recently.

should I cancel my grey pre order on amazon just in case? will they cancel one or both since i've ordered grey + coloured?

I'm personally waiting until we get confirmed dates, probably the week of launch.

filly

Why am I not allowed?

JHtgHW1.png

Your in Ireland?

m4st4

Oh. My. God.

Managed to get NEON pre-order through amazon.fr after several attempts at .uk, .com and .ita

How come none of those ship to Croatia but France does?!?

@Keyser Soze try France man!

Mr_Moogle

Same old Nintendo. They over-design their controller add on a bunch of functionality barely any gamers will actually use and this drives prices upward.

Meh. I'll just wait until the Switch inevitably fails and pick one up from the bargain bin or second hand.

indask8

I've pre-ordered the neon one on Amazon France as well

349 seem quite a lot, but since it's amazon I expect the price will drop before they ship it
or not

Hasney

filly

Just ordered 8... not for scalping, setting up an enterainment area at my work and want the freshness for Easter.

Mandelbo

Got an order in just in case
If the treehouse streams and stuff across next week disappoints then I can just cancel anyway!

Anyone that's not desperate for Switch, just wait for a price drop. I suspect this price just isn't going to cut it outside of the initial launch rush. Too high for Nintendo hardware in the UK, sorry. And have you seen those game prices?

Anyone that does buy it at launch (I managed to pre-order on Amazon), please understand and wait for your ambassador games.

I actually think I might preorder at my local Gamestop (which I have no been into in ages). I have a bit of credit I never used that is still valid.

I would have rathered Amazon UK, but not adding layer of extra delivery companies to try and get a item to me

Hasney

Anyone that's not desperate for Switch, just wait for a price drop. I suspect this price just isn't going to cut it outside of the initial launch rush. Too high for Nintendo hardware in the UK, sorry. And have you seen those game prices?

Anyone that does buy it at launch (I managed to pre-order on Amazon), please understand and wait for your ambassador games.

I would have been happy with my 3DS even without ambassador games, so I'm cool.

Man, it's like they think they can charge more because they are using carts instead of discs!

I'll just wait for the games to show up on my works website and get staff discount.

It's not going to be that price. I know it's been a late one for us to stay up, but we should be able to use our brains.

got a neon pre order in at game and amazon and cancelled both grey ones from game and amazon. also got that zelda pre order in case it turns out to be the special edition, like with twilight princess, that they've accidentally underpriced. if not will just cancel. :D

here's hoping i get one at launch if i decide to stick w/ it. thanks everyone for posting links, and goodnight!

Launch will be okay because of limited quantities but it's going to die in the UK at £280 when the base PS4 is ~£220 and comes with a game for £250. When you add in a game and a case it's going to be £350 going head to head with the PS4 Pro!

They'll have to bring it down or at least do bundles by Christmas for the same price or it's not going to compete new Mario or not.

Jonnax

£279.99 for a warmed-over Wii U. Sh!!!!!t

Now, where have we been here before?

Oh yes -
SNES - £150
N64 - £250
GCN - £130
Wii - £18
Pass.
Inflation Calculator:
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...tion-calculator-value-money-changed-1900.html

SNES
Launch Price: £150
Year of Release: 1992
Today Equivalent Price: £290.54

N64
Launch Price: £250
Year of Release: 1997
Today Equivalent Price: £423.49

GCN
Launch Price: £130
Year of Release: 2002
Today Equivalent Price: £192.10

Wii
Launch Price: £180
Year of Release: 2006
Today Equivalent Price: £242.54

Wii U
Launch Price: £250
Year of Release: 2012
Today Equivalent Price: £272.84

Have you considered a job at a tabloid? ;)

VegiHam

This price is insane. I mean, not as in I don't get the reasons. I get the reasons.

But that's a lot of money; and the fact that there's nothing at launch means I'm not hype enough to not be sensible.

Just gunna get Zelda on WiiU instead I think; and wait for the price to come down.

Launch will be okay because of limited quantities but it's going to die in the UK at £280 when the base PS4 is ~£220 and comes with a game for £250. When you add in a game and a case it's going to be £350 going head to head with the PS4 Pro!

They'll have to bring it down or at least do bundles by Christmas for the same price or it's not going to compete new Mario or not.
Yep. This system has no chance at this price. Just what is Nintendo smoking?

Evilmaus

I was gonna be there day one, but this price means I'm out for the time being.

I'm in the process of building a new gaming rig, plus I'll have Persona 5 to play first.

I'll get all that out of the way and hopefully pick up a Switch in a sale for £250 or less.

Top Bottom