• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo to announce new Pokemon game soon

u_neek

According to GameFront, Nintendo will reveal a new Pokemon game in the August issue of the Japanese gaming magazine, 'CoroCoro Comic'. The magazine will be in stores July 15th..

Pokemon DS?
REAL Pokemon RPG GC?
Pokemon Blow-up doll lolita pink?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
eek2.gif

emot-dance1.gif

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
It will be DS imo.

GBA already has the remakes coming and RuSa did fat sell through.

The DS will need something to really push sales, and Pokemon, untill further notice, is still that product. I doubt we see a full blown GC pokem, its too late for that. I think that won't be coming untill Revolution personally.

AOL + Nintendo + Pokemon + DS = Pokemon with online link up via AIM screen names?

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I hope it's DS, but Nintendo don't seem very keen on releasing any media apart from the stuff we've seen at E3. Even 3rd parties don't seem to be allowed to.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Wait a sec. Jarrod is so right. It's going to be Pokemon Stadium DS. The DS can accept DS cards and GBA carts at the same time. You put your Stadium DS cart in (connect online WiFi or Bluetooth variant) put in your Gold/Silver whatever GBA cart and (just as the N64 version did) the DS renders the characters in 3D on the top screen, and you've got item management/action commands on the bottom touch screen. I'd imagine you could use the microphone to taunt your opponents, or if Nintendo is feeling truely creative, to control your pokemon anime style. That is going to kick ass.

impirius

Pokemon Stadium DS sounds like the perfect launch title. I figure they'll hold off on releasing the "traditional" Pokemon title (plus online) until right before the PSP launch.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
My money's on a Gold/Silver remake for the GBA.

I could totally see a Pokemon Stadium on DS though. You could plug the GBA games into the one slot and the Stadium game into the DS slot. Tada... instant connectivity.

TheGreenGiant said:
can that make a proper Pokemon RPG for the cube with good graphics, please?

Did you not read the reasoning behind why they disliked a full fledged console edition of Pokemon in that IGN interview? The games have always been about the trading and the ability communicating with other players, especially for young children. It's much more likely and practical to run into someone with your GBA and a link than to carry around your memory card. You're able to trade and battle wherever you please and not have to have a console a nearby to do this.

So I wouldn't expect a console version anytime soon. Plus the term Pocket Monsters really wouldn't fit with a console. :p

DarthWufei said:
Did you not read the reasoning behind why they disliked a full fledged console edition of Pokemon in that IGN interview? The games have always been about the trading and the ability communicating with other players, especially for young children. It's much more likely and practical to run into someone with your GBA and a link than to carry around your memory card. You're able to trade and battle wherever you please and not have to have a console a nearby to do this.

So I wouldn't expect a console version anytime soon. Plus the term Pocket Monsters really wouldn't fit with a console. :p

but Pokemon has been around for like 5-6 years? Their fanbase would have grown a bit and if they can do a Pokemon RPG with a story that is kind of as EPIC as the 1st movie. I'd buy that. Maybe a storyline about a disease wiping out/corrupting pokemons. If anyone can do it, Nintendo can. But I'm sure it'd be for the GBA/DS. easier to produce and cheaper.

The fundamental principles of Pokemon hinder it's ability to be on a console. I don't think we'll ever see a full fledged console version, unless it's online. Plus isn't the DS enough to offer a medium for that experience? Secondly, it's still selling millions of copies worldwide and still one of the top selling franchises. Doesn't seem to be much of a scream for change.

AniHawk

TheGreenGiant said:
but Pokemon has been around for like 5-6 years? Their fanbase would have grown a bit and if they can do a Pokemon RPG with a story that is kind of as EPIC as the 1st movie. I'd buy that. Maybe a storyline about a disease wiping out/corrupting pokemons. If anyone can do it, Nintendo can. But I'm sure it'd be for the GBA/DS. easier to produce and cheaper.

Pokemon's been around for 8 or 9 years. I really don't care about the story of the games. I started playing when I was 13, and last year when I tried Ruby, it was still fun and addicting (no longer had the urge to "catch 'em all" though). I think a "dark" story would be something that takes away from the game's general atmosphere. They tried it with RuSa, and I think it came off a little awkward.

P90

Lost Weekend said:
If it's Pokemon DS, the handheld wars are over :)

Yup. Signed, sealed and delivered. but there was never any doubt that Nintendo would trounce Sony in the hand held market and will for the foreseable future. The console market is a whole 'nother animal.

Memles

I think creating a story for a full fledge, story-based RPG, and yet still staying within the target audience would be quite a task. I think that they might be able to pull it off, but it would be difficult. It would change Pokemon...forever.

Yeah, that's overly dramatic, but it is true.

ManaByte

MMORPG for GameCube.

MMORPG = Anti-Matter
GameCube = Matter

They cannot coexist in the same sentence.

It'll either be Pokemon DS or something like Pokemon Box that'll never get released in the US and everyone will be all hyped for before it's actually announced.

AniHawk

ManaByte said:
MMORPG = Anti-Matter
GameCube = Matter

They cannot coexist in the same sentence.

It'll either be Pokemon DS or something like Pokemon Box that'll never get released in the US and everyone will be all hyped for before it's actually announced.

Pokemon Box is coming out next month.

AniHawk

neptunes said:
OMG guys I have the first SCREEN.

ds.jpg

pikachu-demo-20040514000526701.jpg

Forgot about that.

You could scratch off one of four markers and get a chip to take to the Pokemon booth and get a stuffed toy. I got Charmander (and a Pikachu for sitting down to relax at one of the booths. Unfortunately I got my ass kicked 3 times out of four I played).

Top Bottom